4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Pininfarina

Itali GTO Discussion Thread

eyman
50 minutes ago, slimeball supreme said:

so we have the progen itali gtb and now the grotti itali gto. where's the continuity do they just pull the names out of a hat or what

it's all mess. It's like no one talks to each other. The Itali GTB is not even based on an Italian car.

The badges, the names, the classes all need redoing, if some of these cars make a return in GTA VI. Someone who knows cars needs to sit down and sort everything out. Most importantly they need someone who checks cars before they are added into the game.

I get it's a parody, but sometimes it just plain stupid. 

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 hour ago, eyman said:

The Itali GTB is not even based on an Italian car.

Progen Itali GTB, that's why.

But yeah, the whole branding, naming and car classification in this game is a mess.

Edit: Also, both the Itali GBT and GTO were actually a thing in GTA 1, being based on a Ferrari 348 and a Lamborghini Miura, respectively.

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix
Added things

slim0121

What is it with these overly big/out-of-place-looking headlights?!

First, the Jester Classic & now this. Would've bought this instantly if those headlights were smaller & fitted in with the look of the car

Edited by slim0121

eyman
3 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Progen Itali GTB, that's why.

But yeah, the whole branding, naming and car classification in this game is a mess.

it just not worth it. personally, I would have gone with

- Progen Clityrus

At least that would sort of work with the Tyrus and still have a sexual reference.

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 minute ago, eyman said:

it just not worth it. personally, I would have gone with

- Progen Clityrus

At least that would sort of work with the Tyrus and still have a sexual reference.

I mean, I always thought that it was pretty clever, even if it didn't made much sense, but yeah, they could have named it something else entirely, even if that meant giving up on a good pun.

It reminds me of how the Dewbauchee Vagner is not called Wagner, even when it's a direct reference to the Aston Martin Valkyrie (Richard Wagner composed "The Ride of the Valkyries").

eyman

I mean, I always thought that it was pretty clever, even if it didn't made much sense, but yeah, they could have named it something else entirely, even if that meant giving up on a good pun.

It reminds me of how the Dewbauchee Vagner is not called Wagner, even when it's a direct reference to the Aston Martin Valkyrie (Richard Wagner composed "The Ride of the Valkyries").

Dont get me wrong I like seeing puns and I  still think its clever. it just that it looks odd now.

One thing Rockstar never miss is missed opportunities.

ddarko12

The cars names Itali GTO bc of the GTA 1 Itali GTO. Let's just forget the Itali GTB ever existed. Before we knew the brand we thought it would be a 488 gtb or something and then it turned out to be a 570s ruined by hideous nemesis influence

slimeball supreme
12 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

The cars names Itali GTO bc of the GTA 1 Itali GTO. Let's just forget the Itali GTB ever existed.

it's just such an irritating (if a bit nitpicky) thing, it's like there's no continuity or checking when it comes to the names or models. same with the impaler, we have like 4 different impalas now and they all have different names. two virgos based on different cars and made by different manufacturers. the cheetah going from testarossa to ferrari enzo/fxx and back again. it's like the designers never check with each other or the previous cars. like even if you're not into the real life cars it's a weird continuity error

Edited by slimeball supreme

Kaiju Blue

Wow. Rockstar really outdid themselves this time, most of the leaked cars from this update look INCREDIBLY close to their real life counterparts, far more so than usual!

This one in particular is something else. Looks-wise, it just straight up sh*ts on the Pariah.

ddarko12

Blu Corsa & Sabbia

bqD6HqD.png

T8wAPQm.png

hlZCQu5.png

Via joonas

IceDree

^^ Nice!

I'd be all over it if the headlights weren't so fugly.

Edited by IceDree

ddarko12
2 hours ago, IceDree said:

^^ Nice!

I'd be all over it if the headlights weren't so fugly.

I think theyre like that because the black intakes on the sides towards the fenders are based on the portofino.

IceDree
15 minutes ago, ddarko12 said:

I think theyre like that because the black intakes on the sides towards the fenders are based on the portofino.

I see whatya mean.

I'll withhold final judgment until I see it in the game. It may not be so bad.

TG_Stig

32495621578_3483061e56_h.jpg

45454738025_4c55387233_h.jpg

46367416651_4f27d20ba7_h.jpg

46316624572_eace6acc99_h.jpg

31428404607_0542795a79_h.jpg

APB

The rear looks fantastic, but what were they thinking with that front?

Forza Harrd

Bravo! Must buy!

Viboxing (GTAGFX)

4WSr0Dd.jpg

a9TPTk8.jpg

EFgHLuf.jpg

g7NeuHv.jpg

JoonasPRKL

ddarko12
1 hour ago, JoonasPRKL said:

44564843490_6c4baaa0c6_o.jpg

Bruh that is otherworldly. Omfg lol glad this comes in hopefully 2 weeks.my toros will hold me over til then.

JR_Death

45661189614_bc98e40f97_o_d.jpg

32512417558_ab585f5b21_o_d.jpg

46384491881_f97ef50b9a_o_d.jpg

32512416638_94a433f441_o_d.jpg

We Are Ninja
On 12/11/2018 at 1:05 PM, ddarko12 said:

Um what?

Ferrari designs their V12 cars that way. They tend to have odd proportions these days I mean loom at the gap between the GTC4Lusso's wheel wells and doors. That V12 is big and they want to reinforce the fact that its big by making a long ass snout which is what you see here.

600x-1.jpg

If anything the bestia gts actually got this wrong ngl

If anythimgs odd on the itali its the wheel wells themselves. Front looks like the lift is up, whats up with that

It also helps with weight distribution and handling. Ideally, you want the engine inside the wheelbase for optimal balance( and to keep the car from feeling nose-heavy), but if that's not possible, the closer you can get, the better.

TheBricktop

uh... as i was watching broughtys video on the toros and he was ranting about OH IT'S SO BOUNCY IT'S UNDRIVEABLE  i thought "wah wah, good old broughty doing his rockstar witchhunt again"

well i tried this thing on fiveM and it's so bouncy it's undriveable.

Voodoo-Hendrix
51 minutes ago, TheBricktop said:

uh... as i was watching broughtys video on the toros and he was ranting about OH IT'S SO BOUNCY IT'S UNDRIVEABLE  i thought "wah wah, good old broughty doing his rockstar witchhunt again"

And why is that a bad thing? Broughy is actually well versed in how vehicles work in this game, so to dismiss his rightful criticism as "ranting" and "witchhunting" is just plain wrong.

If anything, we need more YouTubers to talk about how R* f*cks up every time instead of giving them a free pass because "free dlc!!1". When was the last time you saw someone with a big audience like MrBossFTW sh*tting on R*?

TheBricktop
8 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

And why is that a bad thing? Broughy is actually well versed in how vehicles work in this game, so to dismiss his rightful criticism as "ranting" and "witchhunting" is just plain wrong.

If anything, we need more YouTubers to talk about how R* f*cks up every time instead of giving them a free pass because "free dlc!!1". When was the last time you saw someone with a big audience like MrBossFTW sh*tting on R*?

Because broughty is whining about everything just for the sake of complaining. I agree, rockstar is pissing at us openly when it comes to quite a few things. But if you bitch about everything no matter whether it's good or not, nobody will care when you actually have something *really* bad to complain about.

This DLC added mostly flawlessly modelled, interesting selection of cars, decreased the effect of advanced flags on new cars, yet all broughty can do is cry that an RC car costs 1.5 million

yuno, in a world where you get 2k usd for standing still for 2 minutes, he expects it to cost 40 bucks

don't get me wrong, i like the guy and he seems like a genuine and nice person but i think he kinda got stuck in an endless loop of whining.

And please, how does bringing up MrBoss help? This guy probably struggles not to forget how to breathe

Edited by TheBricktop

ddarko12

I'm sorry but broughy bitches about anything that doesn't handle like an F1 car so I also don't care about what he says. All I care about are his lap times and top speed ranking. That's it. All of his pitiful opinions writing off quality cars because they're not the next best thing or perfect can f*ck off lmao.

Yeah the flags are noticeable and yeah these cars are not the next best thing. Who gives a f*ck? Drive em or don't, but I know they're more enjoyable than most of the crap they've given us this year. I dont even race anyway. Ive got Forza for that.

Edited by ddarko12

Voodoo-Hendrix

You guys are missing the point. Broughy's channel is all about GTA racing, so obviously he would dismiss a vehicle if the price/performance ratio is poor (hello Lynx). Also, he's well aware of R* antics like releasing a car and then releasing a faster and more expensive car afterwards (Osiris and T20, Infernus Classic and Turismo Classic). Just because he obviously focuses on that aspect of the game, it doesn't mean that his opinion is invalid or wrong, after all, a car's performance is just as important as its design and aesthetics and R* constantly misses the point on one or the other (or sometimes both).

ddarko12

You guys are missing the point. Broughy's channel is all about GTA racing, so obviously he would dismiss a vehicle if the price/performance ratio is poor (hello Lynx). Also, he's well aware of R* antics like releasing a car and then releasing a faster and more expensive car afterwards (Osiris and T20, Infernus Classic and Turismo Classic). Just because he obviously focuses on that aspect of the game, it doesn't mean that his opinion is invalid or wrong, after all, a car's performance is just as important as its design and aesthetics and R* constantly misses the point on one or the other (or sometimes both).

That is the point and we get it but the way he dismisses cars is what we're disagreeing with. It's just kinda careless. Even in a channel that caters to a certain crowd, many diff people watch his vids. Saying "this car is not good for X, buy if you want this this that instead" is far more helpful and constructive than "this car is undrivable its bad bad bad"

I can tell you right now that there are a multitude of cars that dont perform as good as something else that I enjoy far more than the better performer. There's just so much to a car. People who dont even race are dismissing cars just because this guy said so and its silly.

Edited by ddarko12

Voodoo-Hendrix
22 minutes ago, ddarko12 said:

That is the point and we get it but the way he dismisses cars is what we're disagreeing with. It's just kinda careless. Even in a channel that caters to a certain crowd, many diff people watch his vids. Saying "this car is not good for X, buy if you want this this that instead" is far more helpful and constructive than "this car is undrivable its bad bad bad"

I can tell you right now that there are a multitude of cars that dont perform as good as something else that I enjoy far more than the better performer. There's just so much to a car. People who dont even race are dismissing cars just because this guy said so and its silly.

I agree that he could be less harsh when dismissing a vehicle as not worth it performance wise, even when that's kind of the point of his channel, but I guess that's exactly the audience he caters to.

Maybe I identify more with Broughy opinion because even when most of my daily drivers aren't exactly the most competitive, I wish that they actually were, because if they weren't, they're not more than garage queens while you see the same three overpowered cars in every race ever, but I guess you could say the same with all weapons and weaponized vehicles too.

Anyway, I think I will not derail this thread more for the sake of it.

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

We Are Ninja
17 hours ago, TheBricktop said:

Because broughty is whining about everything just for the sake of complaining. I agree, rockstar is pissing at us openly when it comes to quite a few things. But if you bitch about everything no matter whether it's good or not, nobody will care when you actually have something *really* bad to complain about.

This DLC added mostly flawlessly modelled, interesting selection of cars, decreased the effect of advanced flags on new cars, yet all broughty can do is cry that an RC car costs 1.5 million... Don't get me wrong, i like the guy and he seems like a genuine and nice person but i think he kinda got stuck in an endless loop of whining.

To be fair, you can buy the best penthouse apartment in the game AND a supercar for $1.5M... There's no reason at all that an RC car should cost more than a Bugatti. Hell, when the GTO goes on sale, it'll cost less than the RC car.

Edited by We Are Ninja

TheBricktop
1 hour ago, We Are Ninja said:

To be fair, you can buy the best penthouse apartment in the game AND a supercar for $1.5M... There's no reason at all that an RC car should cost more than a Bugatti. Hell, when the GTO goes on sale, it'll cost less than the RC car.

RC car which you suposedly can summon via interaction menu and it makes your physical body disapperar? I'll pay double for that lol

Edited by TheBricktop