3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Pininfarina

Itali GTO Discussion Thread

Big Molio

I'm seeing quite a few dyed in the wool Pariah racers that have turned to the dark side and are now racing the GTO instead.

Marciliojunior01
5 hours ago, Big Molio said:

I'm seeing quite a few dyed in the wool Pariah racers that have turned to the dark side and are now racing the GTO instead.

There is no way to compete, the pariah is only faster than the GTO in very specific scenarios, overall is not worth using it anymore. Only people that i still see driving the pariah are the ones who can't handle the GTO. 

Pedinhuh

Funnily enough, the ItaliGTO is downright awful for this week's premium race(Wiwang Park), road is too uneven so you have to slow down too much to not miss the sharp corners, there are some curb boosting opportunities but they ain't worth the risk.

The Pariah doesn't look that good on it either(I admit I haven't driven it in this track yet), the straightaways aren't long enough for top speed to matter...I beat a few of them with my Comet SR.

Corner exit speed is everything here.

Big Molio
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

There is no way to compete, the pariah is only faster than the GTO in very specific scenarios, overall is not worth using it anymore. Only people that i still see driving the pariah are the ones who can't handle the GTO. 

The only stunt track on which I struggle with the GTO is H2O. I've had the odd bit of trouble on Big Drop with it not making the jumps for some reason (?) and you have to be really careful on the last loop, because if you go over that first speed boost on the ramp immediately after it, particularly at speed, it throws the back end of the car up. I have worked out where to be to avoid it altogether.

Maze Bank Ascent, City Air, In the City, Rally, Stunt Alley....it's untouchable.

The car demands lots of braking and reduced speed to get the most speed out of it, and that is something a lot of players seemingly can't manage, hence why they career into everything.

It's my favourite car, because it's the most challenging and fun to race.

Edited by Big Molio

Marciliojunior01
1 hour ago, Pedinhuh said:

Funnily enough, the ItaliGTO is downright awful for this week's premium race(Wiwang Park), road is too uneven so you have to slow down too much to not miss the sharp corners, there are some curb boosting opportunities but they ain't worth the risk.

The Pariah doesn't look that good on it either(I admit I haven't driven it in this track yet), the straightaways aren't long enough for top speed to matter...I beat a few of them with my Comet SR.

In this case the best contender would be the revolter, that thing has insane acceleration and is awd. 

50 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

It's my favourite car, because it's the most challenging and fun to race.

Is in my top 3 of sportscars and definitively the first in terms of driving. Is a very challenging car that actually punish you for doing dumb moves. 

kenmy13999
44 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

Maze Bank Ascent, City Air, In the City, Rally, Stunt Alley....it's untouchable.

Out of curiosity, what lap times do you usually get on these tracks? Haven't been able to set a new PB on Maze Bank Ascent, about the same as before on city air. 

Is it better than Flash GT on Rally? Haven't tried it there but beat my PB on in the city and stunt alley. 

Haven't tried to much to set new PB on these track but usually not a problem winning these races with the GTO, except for Rally :)

my R2 button was/is broken so my fix kind of made it hard to get anything else than full throttle and no throttle so actually thought about trying my other controller that I only get around 80% of max input from R2 button 

Big Molio
39 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Out of curiosity, what lap times do you usually get on these tracks? Haven't been able to set a new PB on Maze Bank Ascent, about the same as before on city air. 

Is it better than Flash GT on Rally? Haven't tried it there but beat my PB on in the city and stunt alley. 

Haven't tried to much to set new PB on these track but usually not a problem winning these races with the GTO, except for Rally :)

my R2 button was/is broken so my fix kind of made it hard to get anything else than full throttle and no throttle so actually thought about trying my other controller that I only get around 80% of max input from R2 button 

Off the top of my head, I couldn’t tell you, but I’ll make a note to record them next time I race them. I haven’t ever driven the Flash so I don’t know that either. 

Marciliojunior01
52 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

I have been driving the same way and in GTA is so much better, you can use engine breaking way more efficiently and is easier to brake boost. Short shifting is impossible tho, not that you need it with the GTO once it has very short gears already. 

nido997
Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2019 at 4:10 PM, Pedinhuh said:

was beating Pariahs & GTOs with my Comet SR as well ....not only exit speed , but breaking , cornering and behaviour over curbs are really so good..... the Pariah is very close though,but only on a clean Lap (my best laps on both cars are close , with the SR´s lap beeing a bit faster) , it´s just not as consistent in a whole race as the SR , not even close ... 

I saw some of those GTOs ... they take off pretty decently, but then it only take some bumps and I see them jumping around even after the 1st corner ... aaand they are already gone (backwards)

Edited by nido997

Marciliojunior01
12 hours ago, nido997 said:

was beating Pariahs & GTOs with my Comet SR as well ....not only exit speed , but breaking , cornering and behaviour over curbs are really so good..... the Pariah is very close though,but only on a clean Lap (my best laps on both cars are close , with the SR´s lap beeing a bit faster) , it´s just not as consistent in a whole race as the SR , not even close ... 

I saw some of those GTOs ... they take off pretty decently, but then it only take some bumps and I see them jumping around even after the 1st corner ... aaand they are already gone (backwards)

Most itali GTO drives dont know how to brake downshifting , so they struggle a lot to handle the sudden boost it gets. I had no chance to run in this premium race because college, but i was really interested to see how i could perform with it. 

Arrows to Athens

This car in all black with red headlights looks absolutely menacing, especially at night. 

5T752qGRGkOpYynoPGyklg_0_0.jpg

2khpUV0YAEKUbCo-goJ3MA_0_0.jpg

D6KjtEcWsAAcjfK.jpg:large

D6KjpxrWsAELtjS.jpg:large

gorl3

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

Trying to master this car...

It's so fun to drive, though.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

kenmy13999

Anyone else feeling different wheels and different customisations makes a relatively big difference on this car? Have two, one with Benny’s wheels and one with offroad at first but but Benny’s wheels seems to handle much better.. 

Darekl92
8 hours ago, kenmy13999 said:

Anyone else feeling different wheels and different customisations makes a relatively big difference on this car? Have two, one with Benny’s wheels and one with offroad at first but but Benny’s wheels seems to handle much better.. 

Bigger rims (ones with less sidewall, so high-end, sport, SUV) make it faster, while rims with more sidewall (muscle, lo-lo, tuner, offroad) make it pass bumps a bit better. There are few cars like this. I think Jester (and Race version but not "Classic" one) or Vagner are the same.

kenmy13999
2 minutes ago, Darekl92 said:

Bigger rims (ones with less sidewall, so high-end, sport, SUV) make it faster, while rims with more sidewall (muscle, lo-lo, tuner, offroad) make it pass bumps a bit better. There are few cars like this. I think Jester (and Race version but not "Classic" one) or Vagner are the same.

Are you talking about the tyre can clip flag? If so, I don't think any tyres makes the car faster, just make them better over bumps. Could be wrong and haven't payed to much attention to all different changes lately 

Since offroad tyres should be best going over bumps it's strange that this car seems to be more bumpy with offroad tyres :)

Darekl92
1 minute ago, kenmy13999 said:

I don't think any tyres makes the car faster

Yes but not every car. Usually it doesn't matter but Itali GTO, Vager and said Jester are ones that will be actually faster. Don't ask me how, maybe it's a matter of very low wheel arches? I don't know, all I know is that these models are actually faster.

Also Broughy tested it too. Check 2:45.

Arrows to Athens

^I have noticed that this car goes crazy fast, and I have high-end wheels on, i.e. Carbon Solar, which look amazing on this car.

Scottiedog123

My record (186.9mph) was on sports (S racer) I have had Solars on it aswell and didn't beat that but there's too many variables during top speed challenge. Maybe someone can try off road/tuner or something in the top speed challenge cos they ain't going on my car..

DocHolliday9226
On 3/22/2019 at 4:35 AM, nmk111 said:

gHCOG6C.png

Ql9yLcK.png

kwHIqAD.png

kpQcNTj.png

Ipn9oIq.png

Christ that is gorgeous. What color is that?

Arrows to Athens
19 hours ago, DocHolliday9226 said:

Christ that is gorgeous. What color is that?

Red.

DocHolliday9226
22 minutes ago, Arrows to Athens said:

Red.

dang..I figured it to be a blue of some sort. Of course I know it is red. I was asking the color in case it was a specific kind or pearl. 

Arrows to Athens
Just now, DocHolliday9226 said:

dang..I figured it to be a blue of some sort. Of course I know it is red. I was asking the color in case it was a specific kind or pearl. 

Or maybe I was joking?

DocHolliday9226
1 minute ago, Arrows to Athens said:

Or maybe I was joking?

Sorry good sir. A knee slapper, really. Jokes on you though. It really does look red.

5 minutes ago, Arrows to Athens said:

Or maybe I was joking?

(that was a joke). I am just wondering if it is regular red or not. I am having trouble with this car.

Scottiedog123
Posted (edited)

Lighting is everything..

Plus some of these dudes are good with pictures.

Edited by Scottiedog123