3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HanSoloYolo

Bugs you noticed

HanSoloYolo

*List any bugs that you noticed in RDO Beta here.

I noticed these bugs:

• Sometimes clothes, health, deadeye, and even horse cores do not save correctly.  I will fill all cores, but when I load back in from a Match or Mission the cores are depleted.  Something funky is going on with how stuff saves.  I even notice my entire outfit changes sometimes when I load in.  Same with my weapons, my weapons look super dirty and I have to clean them, but the condition is all the way up.  Maybe my character is living a life while I am away, who knows?  (But for real, I think some code needs to be looked at in how the saves are handled.)
  • I have long hair on a female character and I noticed that sometimes my hair sticks up awkwardly when I crouch.  Somebody missed a spot while rigging the model.  ;)
  • Sometimes when I tackle someone near other obstacles like trees, barrels or walls it messes up animations and stuff.

Hakuan

Stranger missions don't work.

Ryan5252

Hunting around St Denis on my horse and gave a friendly whistle at NPC. Duplicate horse arrived and followed me around. Loaded him with birds and brought both steads to the butcher.  $$

RayD70

Whole world empties out.

No animals. No fish. Not even people except for vendors and mission givers. You can hear them, but they are not there.

I've reported this to R* already and got the standard "we'll look into it" response. I used to think it was triggered by opening a menu / interacting with a vendor / fast traveling since that's the 3 things I remember doing when it began.

But last night it happened repeatedly without my doing anything. Tonight too. One thing in common both these past 2 nights? It happens when there's no other players near me. I mean, like the closest player is a state and a half away. So I go out of my way to get away from people so I can hunt/fish/gather or do business in peace, and R* punishes me by despawning everything.  Nice...

Ektope

I've noticed a lot of 'em flying. But can't shoot 'em like birds

Juxax

a lack of an endless wave coop horde mode. has to be a bug, i mean noone could think running the same sh*tty story mission 40 times and being only lvl 24 would be a worthwhile endevour for anyone.

HockeyMike24
2 hours ago, Juxax said:

a lack of an endless wave coop horde mode. has to be a bug, i mean noone could think running the same sh*tty story mission 40 times and being only lvl 24 would be a worthwhile endevour for anyone.

I have played the story missions so many times since it's the only coop activity and I'm so bored of them now. If it's still the only way for coop players to enjoy the game by the end of this beta, I'll be done with the game entirely. Which will be really unfortunate because I thought I would put years into this game like GTA:O.

Mrs. Buzz

Recently found quicksand... well, ride carefully guys n' gals:

FqKRZoK.jpg

:lol:

DrKrankenstein

yesterday at the end of the session, a horse came charging towards me, at first i thought it was a spooked horse from another player. the horse ran past me, and turned around again, i thought wth is this, as it did it a 3rd time, i decided to shoot the horse, turns out, the rider on top was invisible.

has to be a bug

saya2

If you have animal stowed on your horse take it into stable then leaves the animals glitch to different spot on the horse.

I first did it when picking up some horse food.. Did it second time to see if it happened again and it did. this time had pronghorn and turkey pronghorn was on bottom like the deer and turkey was on side like normal, but facing different direction.

Got a few pictures of the glitch. It's nothing game breaking once sold at butcher animals disappears. I haven't tried this in single player yet to see if there is same issue with it or not.
https://imgur.com/a/Sq9x2bK

The FoolYT

I've fallen through the map and also my friend has around one area. We continued to fall and had to leave the game because of that.

I've seen NPCs travel on horseback but half of them is inside the ground. 

I've shot an enemy and the enemy spawned far in the sky and fell to his death.

Shooting some enemies actually rarely despawns them.

Butcher sometimes doesn't take any items and you have to exit the menu and reenter to sell.

I've replicated a glitch which has your character stick his gun through his chest for a few seconds but not a major glitch.

Bird flying without flapping wings, just has them stretched out.

HockeyMike24

Starting a mission I get stuck in a infinite loading screen. Other times I get stuck at the location and can't move.

I lasso an enemy that's part of the mission. They clip into the ground making the mission unable to complete.

Bringing duel weapons into a mission the game will change the second gun to a cattleman revolver.

Countless errors and disconnects from free roam.

NPC's on the road being invisible and crashing into them.

Quick join not working at times.

Horse bonding resetting.

Lassoing animals doesn't work like it should, or how it does in SP.

Forest areas and towns will sometimes cause rapid drops in FPS.

My horse disappears when calling it sometimes.

Paying for the camp to change regions and the camp doesn't move.

Camp sometimes doesn't spawn in at all.

Player cores and horse cores seem to just change randomly.

... I'm sure there is about 100 more I can't think of at the moment.

Red Lynx 23

Killing fifty enemies consecutively with a Bolt Action Rifle and earning a gold buckle, leveling up to twenty three shortly after. The game disconnected, after rejoining I kept the level and XP but the fifty consecutive kills award reset to zero. I'll have to do it again and hope that I can stay online long enough to see if I can reset the award to give gold instead.

RayD70
43 minutes ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

Killing fifty enemies consecutively with a Bolt Action Rifle and earning a gold buckle, leveling up to twenty three shortly after. The game disconnected, after rejoining I kept the level and XP but the fifty consecutive kills award reset to zero. I'll have to do it again and hope that I can stay online long enough to see if I can reset the award to give gold instead.

Sadly, that's one you cannot.

Red Lynx 23

^ Guess I won't bother with it until it is confirmed to be working properly.

Qbert

Stranger missions not working hideouts not counting for xp boats never seem to spawn 

DentureDynamite
On 12/10/2018 at 8:11 AM, Mrs. Buzz said:

Recently found quicksand... well, ride carefully guys n' gals:

FqKRZoK.jpg

:lol:

Hmm actually, that could be a very cool hazard to add to the game--quicksand!

But bugs I've noticed on the PS4 Slim (just the ones I can think of off-the-bat) are, in addition to the ones already mentioned:

* Lag-o-rama when as few as 5-6 players are in your area; NPCs and animals typically vanish, including the law. Unless Rockstar has a miracle up their sleeve, this game will NOT even remotely support 32 players per session, let alone enough NPCs to make the game worthwhile at a decent frame rate.

* NPCs that you kill (to steal their livestock) respawn WAY too quickly. Just outside of Valentine, I "headshot" an NPC with a throwing knife, and within 30 feet of me, with him in my visual view, spawns again in 30 seconds. Come on, Rockstar.... at least wait until I get X distance away before he respawns.

* My horse was "unavailable" last night many times, sticking me the "Scrawny Nag" even after I collected my healthy horse again from a stable.

^^ Supposedly been fixed ala R* patch notes; will have to confirm first, though...

* Numerous animals that I've killed disappear from the radar, and don't reappear when going back to the place where they were killed. Sometimes this happens with say, a rabbit that you run over--where the paw print marker will disappear until you retrace your steps; when it suddenly reappears. But in many instances, this is not the case.

* NPCs can sometimes survive ridiculous amounts of direct hits--even getting their heads blown off (6m 59s), even with a bolt-action rifle from close/mid range; even acting as if they're dead, then suddenly coming back to life--had this happen to me on the roof top in St. Denis when farming cops for XP.

* Ran into a weird bug the other night when the carcasses of a deer and two turkeys I was carrying on my horse suddenly rotated 90 degrees horizontally and 90 degrees vertically, ending up in a crazy position. Thankfully, my horse was still mobile, and riding didn't knock them off. The issue didn't recur after I sold the carcasses; it might(?) have been related to trying to stow carcasses when my horse was standing on an incline.

* Music is missing when changing sessions--only plays the first time I launch the game.

* Piles of NPC or animals bodies that spawn in a pile out of the ground (9m 37s); don't ask me to explain it.

* Whistling for your horse is broken (apparently only when you're standing in water; but this isn't my experience--it fails also on ground in the marshland areas above St. Denis).

* Horses fail to auto-jump over a number of fences that are even shorter than ones they have no problem leaping over (often farm yard fences and property border fences).

* Throwing knives and arrows aren't always easily detected and collected from dead bodies/carcasses by your character--even looting a dead body won't automatically recollect them; sometimes it takes walking back and forth over the corpse or carcass for the game to find and retrieve it.

* Not a bug, but I'm getting very weary of NPCs that I sell to (Butchers and Doctors) saying something every time I sell an item. Lines like "Everybody with a rifle has been huntin' these lately." quickly get repetitive and lose value in that sense.

* Is it an inside joke with Rockstar that store NPCs always think I'm a "new customer" when I've been there numerous times?

* Encountered the weird "launch" bug where you walk/ride over an object and it flings you into the air; knocking off anything your horse is carrying, of course. 😠

Edited by DentureDynamite

Miketv

Love Triangle and Honor.

Spoiler

za81VQN.jpg

Edited by Miketv

Pocket Fox

Treasure maps bugged. Vibration doesn't match YOUR treasure spawn now.

Ektope
33 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

It worked fine for me. Just did level 130 treasure hunt map a while ago.

RayD70
34 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Which treasure was it? Maybe that particular one is bugged?

Pocket Fox
3 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

Which treasure was it? Maybe that particular one is bugged?

North of strawberry. I started a stranger quest to cancel it, then opened it again. Worked this time.

At least you can reset the treasure maps.

RayD70

Thank you, moderators.

Edited by RayD70
Problem solved

Longers

what you goin on about RayD70 ?

RayD70
8 minutes ago, Longers said:

what you goin on about RayD70 ?

You must have missed it. I'm not repeating it. My original message would have been even more cryptic without context (posts that were deleted).

Just some twit misbehaving and being rather disrespectful to people here.

Edited by RayD70

Longers

Soz RayD70  - carry on

back to bugs still present  ...

apart from most things folk have mentioned here, I still can't get my hands on that bottle o' beer at my camp 😮

Edited by Longers

DentureDynamite
On 12/11/2018 at 10:03 PM, Pocket Fox said:

Vibration worked OK for me last night finding treasure--at least in the swap area above St. Denis.

Like RayD70 noted, it may well be that specific location that's buggy, or there could be other variables involved in why yours didn't work. 😕

Either way, no fun--thankfully, at least there's the backup of Deadeye for finding treasure! Much easier to spot the "gold swirl" when it's pitch black at night. :)

Edited by DentureDynamite

MagicNarcosis

Fishing in certain spots caused my camera/scenery to jitter violently back and forth. Like a bad LSD trip. It was shaking really bad.

It actually made me nauseous trying to wait for it to stop, the horizon being wacked out messed me up.

My horse bonding level keeps randomly reseting to 1.

Switching sessions or reloading in any fashion will fix this (Reported this one to R* already)

Whistling sound vanishes from time to time. 

Don't know if this is a bug, but there is no clear indication on how to earn an MVP in showdown series team based activities. People with the superior score in Kill/Death/Points are snuffed by ones with the lessor, but sufficient scores. Which makes it appear to be almost random. 

Example 

• MVP awarded to a player with a K/D of 6/2 and 2 captures over a player with a K/D of 13/4 and 4 captures.
Edited by MagicNarcosis

Jabalous

Some Stranger missions do not work, such as Trelawny's first mission. Once you start it, the game takes you to a solo lobby and forces you later to disconnect from the server. 

Jedster
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:53 AM, HanSoloYolo said:

*List any bugs that you noticed in RDO Beta here.

I noticed these bugs:

• Sometimes clothes, health, deadeye, and even horse cores do not save correctly.  I will fill all cores, but when I load back in from a Match or Mission the cores are depleted.  Something funky is going on with how stuff saves.  I even notice my entire outfit changes sometimes when I load in.  Same with my weapons, my weapons look super dirty and I have to clean them, but the condition is all the way up.  Maybe my character is living a life while I am away, who knows?  (But for real, I think some code needs to be looked at in how the saves are handled.)

I reckon this is on purpose, so we have to eat, feed the horse etc... and therefore spend more money, get tired of the grind and buy gold bars for real money when available. It's not going to get fixed...

Edited by Jedster