4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

NintendoFanboy

Problem with griefing

JuliuszMCMXCVII
5 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

People who are level 60+ - I report every single one of you. There's no way you can be that level legitimately.

lmao, I've legitimately reached rank 100 last monday

5 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

Ran into a level 79 today who had all 4 ability cards including Never Without One. 

Impossible to kill him.

git gud or get back to jet griefing in gtao 

4 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

I know exactly what I'm talking about, sweetheart.

as usual you don't know a thing you are talking about 

Now hop off my dick.

it's such a pleasure to discuss anything with you

PS I won't read or respond to anything you reply with, so don't bother son.

you got to be such an open-minded person

Back on topic: it's a shame that honor system is so pointless. At least the player blips on the map should be altered depending on the honor level (similarly how it was in gtao). You would have known whether you should keep your gun holstered or not. With poor and broken (pelts disappearing from the horseback) pve element this game is basically pvp only. Now I just keep grinding money and gold in showdown series since free roam is such a toxic and boring place to be.

Today I've met a guy fishing across the butcher in Blackwater. Me and some other dude joined him. I thought that I've finally found a friendly session but no more than 30 seconds later we were shot by some douchebag. I've spawn killed him enough times that he left the session but so did the fishing guys and I was left alone in Blackwater. Not the greatest online experience I've ever had.

Edited by JuliuszMCMXCVII

AmyStone
13 hours ago, JuliuszMCMXCVII said:

lmao, I've legitimately reached rank 100 last monday

git gud or get back to jet griefing in gtao 

as usual you don't know a thing you are talking about 

it's such a pleasure to discuss anything with you

you got to be such an open-minded person

Back on topic: it's a shame that honor system is so pointless. At least the player blips on the map should be altered depending on the honor level (similarly how it was in gtao). You would have known whether you should keep your gun holstered or not. With poor and broken (pelts disappearing from the horseback) pve element this game is basically pvp only. Now I just keep grinding money and gold in showdown series since free roam is such a toxic and boring place to be.

Today I've met a guy fishing across the butcher in Blackwater. Me and some other dude joined him. I thought that I've finally found a friendly session but no more than 30 seconds later we were shot by some douchebag. I've spawn killed him enough times that he left the session but so did the fishing guys and I was left alone in Blackwater. Not the greatest online experience I've ever had.

Wow what a moron he was. Judging everyone else by his own poor standard. It's taking me a long time to rank up and it feels a lot slower than GTA but that's only because there's nothing much to do that I'm interested in. But if you race a lot I can see how someone could get to rank 100 in the short time.

Talisman_83

Absolute moron he was, indeed.

Legitimately reaching level 100 by now? Ok.

As per usual he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about and the very fact he's supporting exploits? 10/10 well done buddy.

I'm actually pretty decent at PVP, but when someone has used documented methods to exploit the game in their favour, then that's demonstrably unfair.

Plus as per usual, folk using language reserved for children speaks volumes about their mentality.

PS I'm not even gonna start with the grammar. It's too funny 😂

Edited by Talisman_83

Talisman_83
18 hours ago, Ektope said:

Reported for being under Level 60-

60 minus? I don't know of anyone who is level 60 minus 🤔

Edited by Talisman_83

RAND0M GRAFFITI

I love how just because someone can't do something themselves means that it must be impossible for anyone else to do. Was the moon landing fake because you personally can't get there? Is the earth flat because you can't see the curvature on the horizon also? The only thing I exploit is my enemies weakness.

Edited by RAND0M GRAFFITI

Talisman_83

Still can't view it, sorry. I'd rather converse with adults and have a meaningful debate.

Some of you are far too easy to wind up 😂👶🍼

Others, feel free to continue this thread or lock it.

RAND0M GRAFFITI
12 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

Still can't view it, sorry. I'd rather converse with adults and have a meaningful debate.

Some of you are far too easy to wind up 😂👶🍼

Others, feel free to continue this thread or lock it.

Says the guys that spouts non-sense that every level 60+ is a cheat/exploiter. You made claims and the burden of proof is on you, and you have none thus, yeah, there is no debating with you. Your only recourse is to call everyone here a child, which is laughable, along with how you think you could possibly have wound anything up with your sh*tposting.

Tha-Jamz

Sigh* im getting to old for this...

JuliuszMCMXCVII
21 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

PS I won't read or respond to anything you reply with, so don't bother son.

Did you suddenly change your mind?

4 hours ago, AmyStone said:

But if you race a lot I can see how someone could get to rank 100 in the short time.

Races are not worth the effort. Showdown series large is the way to go both for xp and money/gold. Just go for the kills. Somewhere above rank 60 you get 25 xp per kill.  It is quite easy to get over 1000 xp per game. If your team sucks at hostile territory just spawn kill any other team. In kills alone you can even quadruple the amount of xp you would get for winning the match. 

However getting xp for killing players in free roam especially the non-hostile ones is ridiculous. With useless honor system this games basically rewards you for killing everything you have on sight. No wonder why some go for easy kills on peaceful players. I'm curious how R* will deal with this problem. Shame that we'll have to wait so long for the first content update.

AlienTwo

One way to help change the feel of the lobbies is be ok with getting killed first. If you see an approaching pink dot and shoot first, all you're doing is further propagating the violence. Let yourself be ok with the occasional murder and then you'll know for sure who the trolls are. Of course hunting and missions are exceptions:

When hunting, ride back to the butcher off the road so you'll have a better idea of who is trying to be hostile.

When on a mission kill anyone who approaches, but when you see others on missions, just ride far around them.

Dr.Rosenthal
18 minutes ago, AlienTwo said:

If you see an approaching pink dot and shoot first, all you're doing is further propagating the violence.

^ Such a simple principle, yet so many fail to adopt it. I can see why fans of PvP don’t give a sh*t about it, but what surprises me are those saying ”I would like to be friendly but everyone seems hostile, so I just shoot anyone who comes close.”

Like, wait - what?

Danish Crusader

I think I was just griefed... I mean, is it technically griefing if you kill the guys who camp your building, aiming their guns at the door, waiting for you to come out to instantly kill you? Because I just did that, there were 3 of them out there, aiming their rifles at the door... Poor guys, they were so ashamed that they all left the server.

Anyway, I need a judgement call on that. And I hate griefers, I am very curious to see what Rockstar has in mind for the anti-griefing system.

Vice Beach

I have been running into a lot more friendly players than unfriendly as of late. The whistle has been adapted to mean “I’m friendly” which I use a lot. Unless them killing me inconveniences me like say it makes me lose my pelts or if they’re trying to straight up grief me, I usually just whistle for my horse and continue on my way, not even bothered for revenge. If I get killed while messing around in a populated town, I don’t really care and most of the time laugh about it. You’re going to get killed, it’s just the way it is until we get friendly servers, if that ever happens.

Talisman_83
47 minutes ago, Vice Beach said:

I have been running into a lot more friendly players than unfriendly as of late. The whistle has been adapted to mean “I’m friendly” which I use a lot. Unless them killing me inconveniences me like say it makes me lose my pelts or if they’re trying to straight up grief me, I usually just whistle for my horse and continue on my way, not even bothered for revenge. If I get killed while messing around in a populated town, I don’t really care and most of the time laugh about it. You’re going to get killed, it’s just the way it is until we get friendly servers, if that ever happens.

Ah, some actual normal adults for a change 👏

As things have progressed, the only thing that tends to annoy me is if someone kills me after I've spent an hour+ collecting pelts and feathers and I'm on the way to the butchers. The whistle thing works sometimes. I find just making tracks around players works - they get the message and I've noticed others following a similar pattern.

Arkane

So I wanted to drop by and say I had one of those cooking while in my camp encounters just 10 minutes ago. Watching people get frustrated as their bullets go right through your character  or their lasso fails to grab you as you craft/ cook stuff is great. You'd think they give up once they realized, but nope. Fun times.

Talisman_83
10 hours ago, Arkane said:

So I wanted to drop by and say I had one of those cooking while in my camp encounters just 10 minutes ago. Watching people get frustrated as their bullets go right through your character  or their lasso fails to grab you as you craft/ cook stuff is great. You'd think they give up once they realized, but nope. Fun times.

Just be aware it doesn't work for open fires in the world. They can attack you there

Poggy

Just to be clear, trolls have no defence for their actions.  They are having bad/wrong fun and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

BretMaverick777
36 minutes ago, Poggy said:

Just to be clear, trolls have no defence for their actions.  They are having bad/wrong fun and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Yup.

And lmfao at the abject morons trying to claim griefing as "historically accurate." 

Until R* sends lawmen and bounty hunters after you, you're in no way, shape, or form being "hysterically accurate."   You wanna do the crime, be prepared to do the time.

Also, neither Billy the Kid nor Jesse James nor any other outlaw ever made a career out of staking out the local butcher shop.  Especially when there's absolutely no money in bushwhacking hunters. 

Pocket Fox
8 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Yup.

And lmfao at the abject morons trying to claim griefing as "historically accurate." 

Until R* sends lawmen and bounty hunters after you, you're in no way, shape, or form being "hysterically accurate."   You wanna do the crime, be prepared to do the time.

Also, neither Billy the Kid nor Jesse James nor any other outlaw ever made a career out of staking out the local butcher shop.  Especially when there's absolutely no money in bushwhacking hunters. 

Tweeted a vid of me being killed leaving a butcher. Was told by someone 'it's the wild west sweetheart, get used to it' 

It's not even the wild west, it's st denis, civilisation it happened. and he hid in the general store beside the butcher and ran out to kill me, I survived the headshot. then he camped the butcher, as soon as I was done. killed.

When I chased him down 'as this is the wild west apparently' he ran into the general store again.... can't be touched. Was the general store a place of sanctuary or some sh*t back then?

I rode off into the swamp and came back, hoping to trick him.  yep! he hid in the general store, ran out as I came by, but this time I one shotted him with my bolt action. he respawns, I kill him 2 more times, then another terry tryhard arrives because the sound of gunfire gives griefers a raging erection, seriously, all 3 inches gets hard when they hear gunshots.

Anyway, what they are doing is disruptive behaviour and there is the ability to 'report' them for this behaviour. So enjoy your warnings, temp bans and perma bans and just remember 'this is the wild west' and yes, you can get a ban - just like in the wild west when jesse james got perma banned from the server.

955i

I have found 90% of the time that 'griefers' on RDR2 are exactly the same as griefers on GTAO, cowards.

If they see you are fishing, skinning, looking in the catalogue etc they will take the cheap ^^^^ kill.

As soon as you realise they are there and fight back they tuck their tails between their legs and run.

I have run may griefers right out of town (and lobby) and I have no real interest in PvP.

DentureDynamite
22 hours ago, Danish Crusader said:

I think I was just griefed... I mean, is it technically griefing if you kill the guys who camp your building, aiming their guns at the door, waiting for you to come out to instantly kill you? Because I just did that, there were 3 of them out there, aiming their rifles at the door... Poor guys, they were so ashamed that they all left the server.

Anyway, I need a judgement call on that. And I hate griefers, I am very curious to see what Rockstar has in mind for the anti-griefing system.

Don't hold your breath--remember that we're talking about devs who encourage players to kill other players and disrupt their work to maximize R*/Take Two's monetization chances. Rockstar thrives on doublespeak.

I'm getting really weary of being targeted by <expletive> players while minding my own business fishing or just trying to sell to the butcher, etc. Blew one more <expletive>'s head off last night (pathetic player too), and will do so to anyone who doesn't know the meaning of "mind your own business."

Edited by DentureDynamite

Poggy

Let me summarise my thoughts on trolling in RDO:

1) It is inevitable.

2) It is morally wrong and a form of bullying.

3) They do it because they are jerks.  I don't need to wonder about deeper psychological reasons.

4) All bullies, including these, need a nasty RL illness for a week or two everytime they do it as just punishment.

5) R* could do some things to improve it.  They might do some, but not all, and slowly.  I have no idea why.

6) It will get worse before it gets better.

7) However, by adopting some behavioural changes and precautions it can be minimised.

8 It is not so bad and often as some folk make out in their anger.

9) It doesn't make the game unplayable and it's not worth avoiding online because of it.

10) It is not worth worrying or stressing about, it's a very minor irritation in the grand scheme of things.  First world problem.

Edited by Poggy

DentureDynamite

^^ Some truth there, but they are frequently wasting my in real life time in this first world game in which I try (emphasis on "try") and have some fun.

And it doesn't have to be that way.

Sadly, Shystar knows this, and still doesn't give a rip.

If, for once, they were to prove they actually have PvE's backs on this, I would consider buying some mafia bars to encourage development in that direction.

But continue ignoring PvE and letting PvP idiots run amock, and no way in hades will I fork over anything.

Pocket Fox

Going by what I've seen on this forum and social media (and I could just be livin in a bubble) most people are fed up with the 'shoot everyone, then go and hide' bullsh*t of these kids. The launch of your product/service is very important, and right now, most people think RDRO is sh*t due to

-Lack of content

-Tryhard griefers

-Bugs

I hope R*/TT weren't planning on RDRO to be a successful money maker, as I think the community is going to thin out quick, just as it did with Sea of Thieves. Another dumb f*cking idea. PvE and PvP MIXED TOGETHER. Also with no content. That game was dead af in under 2 months. Massive hype, then....fail.

It was even this year that some media outlets wrote articles on what is wrong with GTAO, essentially, the griefing tryhards and toxic community. Did R* do anything about this for RDRO? Yeah sure, forced PvE/PvP and no passive or anti-grief measures or do anything at all.

But hey.. you can buy gold now. To spend on.... I guess.. a hat? Which you can look at, when it's not being shot off by a troll who's camped in a store, popping out now and then to take a few cheap shots. Always low level, because pvp kills give f*ck all xp and 0 money.

Every person I have encountered at a high level, never trolled me. Tonight a lvl 70 followed me around on their Arabian as I hunted for a while. When I was 30, a 47 was fishing in blackwater when I was hunting, never f*cked with me. Texted me though and thanked me for not griefing him, then told me his tips on how to make cash faster.

Fugitive21

Do I hope something comes along to suppress griefing. Yes. As long as it not by private or NON-PVP lobbies.

Passive mode is exploitable.

Ingame PVC characters with high HP and High damage coming after griefers? Sure. Just like GTAO but beef the PVC characters to where they can be one shotted or head shotted.

Town Sheriff should be harder to kill if wanted dead or alive. Killing anybody (NPC or player) in a town with a sheriff should make you wanted dead or alive. Institute the story mode bounty fees to players.

All roofs should be timed and if not off by end of time insta kill you. That stops the roof campers.

Varmit rifle need a huge nerf. 

Butchers should be in more areas. I even take hillbillie butchers that paid lessor price if you sold to them. Right now people know you need the butcher so they camp them.

I don't like lobbies where the I can only see 5 pink dots on the whole map. GTAO is turning into that due to the god mode hackers.

Ektope
15 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ Some truth there, but they are frequently wasting my in real life time that I have to try (emphasis on "try") and have some fun in a first world game.

This is what amazes me the most. I don't think people look at the bigger picture. These "griefers" wanted attention and it's being given to them. I don't know how much time they've wasted, like whether it's up to 10 minutes or half an hour. But times it by a year later, and it could've been a day or week(s) wasted, trying to deal with "griefers".

Say someone got half an hour to play before going to work. And they go do hunting or fishing, before a "griefer" comes by to interfere. Why spend up to 10 or 20 minutes, dealing with them? Then the person looks at their watch or clock and sees they got 10 minutes left. Waste of time! The easiest way to deal with 'em would've been to leave the session immediately. It only takes a minute or two to load into another free roam, right where they left it.

But apparently, some people think it's worth getting back at 'em. Especially one example of thinking a "griefer" might cry, rage or throw temper tantrums. Well, that's probably just imagination and way too exaggerated. They can't see the person right through their TV screens or monitor. I bet most of 'em wouldn't react that way or wouldn't really care. Just getting back to one person isn't gonna stop them completely. Millions of players bought RDR 2 and maybe thousands or hundreds of 'em would grief or interfere with someone, at some point. Add all this up and they can't be dealt with completely.

955i
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:37 PM, JuliuszMCMXCVII said:

lmao, I've legitimately reached rank 100 last Monday

Congratulations on having no life.

Xmas must be a blast at your house :p

DentureDynamite

The issue here is lost time and effort involved in what I was doing just because I was killed by another player. Just one.

Rockstar knows only too well that even something as simple as fishing--when killed--either absorbing X minutes dueling it out, or time spent changing sessions, and trying to find the same spot free of other players works for them.

Then it takes traveling to that spot (possibly even fast traveling to save time, but costing money) because direct-spot-respawning when changing sessions includes higher numbers of players in that area.

It then takes time getting set up and picking up the momentum, before I can even START to resume making money and having fun; all of which uses limited real life time.

Hence R*'s strategy--drain a player's time and their resolve via near-continuous hassles, and they might buy mafia bars in an attempt to somehow remedy this.

Danish Crusader
1 hour ago, DentureDynamite said:

Don't hold your breath--remember that we're talking about devs who encourage players to kill other players and disrupt their work to maximize R*/Take Two's monetization chances. Rockstar thrives on doublespeak.

I'm getting really weary of being targeted by <expletive> players while minding my own business fishing or just trying to sell to the butcher, etc. Blew one more <expletive>'s head off last night (pathetic player too), and will do so to anyone who doesn't know the meaning of "mind your own business."

Well they said they are working on something, what it is remains to be seen, but I got my fingers crossed for friendly lobbies that only allows PvP against players who do Free Roam missions(And in the area around the objective).

I am getting pretty tired of getting killed by these random guys who think they are good, but then run away the second you start fighting back(And just wipe the floor with them). I just had 2 of these in the last hour, granted, the first one was revenge after a rival posse member tried to disrupt my mission and I countered them by completely disrupting theirs(I broke their cart). And after several failed attempts to kill me(Even after I was left with just my pistol) they ran off, found some new people to annoy, got killed and left the server.

Then right after that another guy attacked me, twice, so I killed him back, twice and he left the server. It is pretty much impossible to do anything when the servers are just warzones, Rockstar has to see that and give us the option to give us an option to do stuff in peace. At the very least, make it so pelts and carcasses don't disappear when you die, logout or whatever.

JuliuszMCMXCVII
9 minutes ago, 955i said:

Congratulations on having no life.

Xmas must be a blast at your house :p

It wasn't that much of a grind and it is even better that way. Once I've reached rank 100 the game became really boring. Now I can focus on house chores without having rdo in the back of my head.

Edited by JuliuszMCMXCVII