3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

NintendoFanboy

Problem with griefing

Poggy

Nah, not that much.  I stood beneath a ladder when someone was killing cops, looted bodies for about twenty minutes.  Hardly worth it at a few cents a time and maybe some tonics.  I got one piece of jewellery.  Cops in StDenis need a pay rise!  Especially given their mortality rate.

Gallows

Freeaim will also fix the lasso griefing as trying to lasso someone in freeaim is not as easy, especially when they are shooting at you. The biggest issue with the lasso, is the instant auto aim hit.

Edited by Gallows

vnus_dmlo
On 12/9/2018 at 4:34 PM, NintendoFanboy said:

It seems like some people only kill others because they're afraid of getting killed. It's proactive. If I'm just minding my business and I see the player icon rapidly approaching on my radar how do I know if they are coming to kill me or of they're just riding by and minding their own business? I feel like I have to pull my gun out all the time because people just run around killing each other. 

its not griefing, rockstar added the honor system in online to incentivise players to kill other players in freeroam to lower their honor level

its how rockstar intended the game to be played and therefore the correct way to play

high honor = killed alot/noob

Gallows
17 minutes ago, vnus_dmlo said:

its not griefing, rockstar added the honor system in online to incentivise players to kill other players in freeroam to lower their honor level

its how rockstar intended the game to be played and therefore the correct way to play

This post is a very good baseline for measuring increasing levels of intellect, starting at the equivalent of zero Kelvin.

vnus_dmlo
Just now, Gallows said:

This post is a very good baseline for measuring increasing levels of intellect, starting at the equivalent of zero Kelvin.

why

BretMaverick777
30 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Noticed it was getting chilly ❄

theGypsy
2 hours ago, vnus_dmlo said:

Uhm... methinks they have the honor levels as part of the dual story missions for 100% (max honor and max dishonor). There's a TON of ways to lower honor without pissing on people that are just going about their business.

AmyStone
17 hours ago, MostlyPonies said:

That's easy to abuse. Go passive next to someone and have a second person distract them while you go out of passive. The target can either focus on you and get killed by the other person, or the opposite.

That's not easy to abuse. If you're looking around you'll be able to see someone go unghosted. I think you had to try really hard to try to prove me wrong but you failed.

Gallows
1 hour ago, AmyStone said:

That's not easy to abuse. If you're looking around you'll be able to see someone go unghosted. I think you had to try really hard to try to prove me wrong but you failed.

Passive mode is digital ebola for PvP. I don’t mind a PvE lobby where you have passive mode, but it just doesn’t work for a PvP environment. I’d prefer strict lobby settings. Either you play friendly and no one can attack or you play PvP and deal with it. 

MostlyPonies
4 hours ago, AmyStone said:

I didn't convince you, but that doesn't mean you've proven your point. In GTA on the PS3 and 360, there's a 10 second cooldown with passive mode, and yet it's still abused. Making it 15 seconds would make a negligible difference.

You won't always be able to keep watch of everyone who goes out of passive around you. Even if they don't get a kill in, they may be in cover or have gained a better position by then, still gaining an advantage.

Qbert

Yeah I know a few different ways up there always funny killing these people who want cheap feats and levels without working 

fw3
On 12/9/2018 at 9:32 PM, Shadowfennekin said:

They should implement the system Fallout 76 has on griefers.

You kill somebody unprovoked, you get a bounty. And it'll grow the more you kill the guy.

Causing the griefer to become the target as everyone will rush towards him, wanting the cash

We saw what that did for GTAO. Seeing a bounty in Los Santos now just means you either stole a car off the street or you irritated an 8 year old. <sigh>

Smokewood

A high bounty would just be a badge of honor. "Dude, last night I killed 50 noobs while I had a bounty of $20,000 on me!".

Then when they get sick of it, they will just call a friend to come claim it.

MMOs have been dealing with this issue for decades, it's simple... pve lobbies.

Gray-Hand

The new fallout game has a good way of dealing with it. 

Your first shot on someone does no damage.  If they decide they want to shoot back, then it’s game on for both of you.

AmyStone
5 hours ago, MostlyPonies said:

I didn't convince you, but that doesn't mean you've proven your point. In GTA on the PS3 and 360, there's a 10 second cooldown with passive mode, and yet it's still abused. Making it 15 seconds would make a negligible difference.

You won't always be able to keep watch of everyone who goes out of passive around you. Even if they don't get a kill in, they may be in cover or have gained a better position by then, still gaining an advantage.

All you have to do is stay away from players who are passive. If someone is coming out of passive mode and able to be killed yet unable to shoot back that makes it pretty difficult to abuse. 

LeftTurnus

Occasionally I have run into decent players.

Was hunting a bison from my horse, ended up in a chase as my first shot didn't kill it.

I heard some other shots nearby but kept concentrating on the Bison.

I killed it and another player rode up. He saw I had already been hunting this Bison, so waved and left me alone to collect my hunt.

I thought for sure I was going to have to fight over it.

Tha-Jamz

I just say it again, private and invite only sessions.

We don't need to reinvent the wheel...

Waingro
On 12/11/2018 at 6:34 AM, vnus_dmlo said:

That's literally not what honor is for, according to the lead game designers. Do you always make assumptions in life?

Talisman_83

People who are level 60+ - I report every single one of you. There's no way you can be that level legitimately.

Ran into a level 79 today who had all 4 ability cards including Never Without One. 

Impossible to kill him.

Reported continuously. Hopefully R* will take things like this seriously.

RAND0M GRAFFITI
2 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

People who are level 60+ - I report every single one of you. There's no way you can be that level legitimately.

Ran into a level 79 today who had all 4 ability cards including Never Without One. 

Impossible to kill him.

Reported continuously. Hopefully R* will take things like this seriously.

hahahahaha, and they probably look at your reports and laugh. It quite easy get to 60+, all you need to do is play PVP nonstop and do good.

Talisman_83
17 minutes ago, RAND0M GRAFFITI said:

hahahahaha, and they probably look at your reports and laugh. It quite easy get to 60+, all you need to do is play PVP nonstop and do good.

Lol ok buddy :)

RAND0M GRAFFITI
Just now, Talisman_83 said:

Lol ok buddy :)

Yeah.

Just git gud.

Talisman_83
2 minutes ago, RAND0M GRAFFITI said:

Yeah.

Just git gud.

..at cheating. Seven Sins says hi.

RAND0M GRAFFITI
1 minute ago, Talisman_83 said:

..at cheating. Seven Sins says hi.

Bwahahhahahahahaha, Maybe shooters just aren't for you? May I suggest minecraft or maybe animal crossing is more your style. 

I love when people cry cheater when clearly they just suck.   

Talisman_83

I know exactly what I'm talking about, sweetheart.

You weren't there, you didn't see.

You seem to have a hard-on for me, I must have griefed you in GTA.

Now hop off my dick.

3 minutes ago, RAND0M GRAFFITI said:

Bwahahhahahahahaha, Maybe shooters just aren't for you? May I suggest minecraft or maybe animal crossing is more your style. 

I love when people cry cheater when clearly they just suck.   

PS I won't read or respond to anything you reply with, so don't bother son.

RAND0M GRAFFITI
49 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

I know exactly what I'm talking about, sweetheart.

You weren't there, you didn't see.

You seem to have a hard-on for me, I must have griefed you in GTA.

Now hop off my dick.

What dick? Don't know you or your persona. You clearly don't know what your talking about since you're spouting bullsh*t. I'm level 60, haven't cheated, xp glitched or lag switched, just played the game well. Don't be mad, but don't be surprised when you make stupid claims and get called on it. Like I said git gud scrub.

Plus, I strongly suspect you must be reaching your geriatric years, the way you converse. Being senile is no joke.

Edited by RAND0M GRAFFITI

Ektope
46 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

Reported for being under Level 60-

Talisman_83

Sorry, can't see that. 

Don't get me wrong, I love PVP - when both parties have an equal chance of dying.

However, when the other person has used documented methods to gain a a high level much faster than a normal player would and therefore, an inflated chance to kill, then there's something wrong there.

Also, the sort of people who actually advocate for taking advantage of exploits, I shake my head, honestly.

Plus, I strongly suspect some of you must be reaching your teenage years, the way you converse. 

Edited by Talisman_83

MagicNarcosis

Man I got jumped fishing. 

FISHING.

By 3 mfs with Lassos and shotguns. 

Lost my pelts (I think)

killed my horse.

And I shot them boys up so bad they joined a whole ass gangfight somewhere else because they can't SHOOT.

It pissed me off so bad, I hopped into a Showdown Series just to kill properly and went 17-7. I barely break even normally, I WAS PISSED.

Showdown series games have crafted my aim into a "not to be f*cked with" type of deal.

Do yourself a favor and learn how to shoot better now because they'll only get better at shooting, and being bigger dicks as the days go by. 

You can't help what you can't see coming, but you can make em wish they never tried.

IF they wanna keep coming back, that's when you gotta switch a session because pride will change YOUR game plan, you came to hunt and fish and now you going full PVP with someone who f*cked up all your gatherings? It's not on them at that point, it's on you because this is the game THEY want to play. Play your game but don't be no bitch about it. 

and f*ck yes they need to add a bounty system because there's almost no consequences besides honor lowering for shooting a passive acting person.

Edited by MagicNarcosis

ASMorgan

Those who want private lobbies & passive mode can already find them in the single player lol.