Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

NintendoFanboy

Problem with griefing

Recommended Posts

NintendoFanboy

It seems like some people only kill others because they're afraid of getting killed. It's proactive. If I'm just minding my business and I see the player icon rapidly approaching on my radar how do I know if they are coming to kill me or of they're just riding by and minding their own business? I feel like I have to pull my gun out all the time because people just run around killing each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio

Just like the real Wild West then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rithrius

The problem is that people are too quick to throw the word "Griefer" around. It's an online multiplayer game. Getting shot every once in a while is to be expected.

 

12 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

Just like the real Wild West then.

More like the fictional Wild West, but yeah.

 

 

Edited by Rithrius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark

All it needs is a bounty system exactly like single player.  The second a player guns down another player, or NPC, for no reason at all, then they should become wanted, and receive a bounty if and when identified.  (No mask and disguise outfit, then instant wanted and bounty).  Then, the person with the bounty will have to flee the town / county they committed the offence in, otherwise they get swamped with lawmen and bounty hunters.  

 

To remove their bounty, they cannot simply die or commit suicide to remove it.  They HAVE to either visit a post office to pay it off, surrender at the sheriff's office and serve a set amount of time in the jail (depending on level of bounty - high the bounty, the longer the time) OR they get captured by a bounty hunter and delivered.

 

Agreed, the bounty hunter system may be too complex and open to abuse, but I think having to pay the bounty or surrender at the jail will be good enough, and remove a large amount of the toxic and mindless cycle of murder in this game.

 

Just to add, you have to be witnessed killing to receive the bounty, same as single player.  You kill another player or NPC out in the wilderness with no witnesses, then fair game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LunaticPandora

People kill each other because they are assholes, not because they are afraid of getting shot at first. You could be stood next to another player for 2 minutes and all of a sudden he shoots you. Why? Because he can, is why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
6 hours ago, Big Molio said:

Just like the real Wild West then.

Lol, 'real' indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrs. Buzz
7 hours ago, Rithrius said:

The problem is that people are too quick to throw the word "Griefer" around. It's an online multiplayer game. Getting shot every once in a while is to be expected.

 

More like the fictional Wild West, but yeah.

 

 

^^this!

 

I get killed every 2 to 4h once minding my own business in freeroam. I'm fine with that. Most I met are interested in seeing what I'm doing once they cross my way or even ignore me completly.

 

If they stop and greet - even if I accidently take out my gun instead of greeting (still controller issues), they're chilled.

 

Yesterday, I got killed twice in 4h, once by a wolf attack and once by a guy who "griefed"?. Both times auto-riding from A to B in cinemacamera and not taking notice, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emmi

It's the Wild West, what do you expect?

Shooting other people in RDO is mine and many elses daily business.

It's fun after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
30 minutes ago, Emmi said:

It's the Wild West, what do you expect?

Shooting other people in RDO is mine and many elses daily business.

It's fun after all.

Overall, I don't think people are annoyed or upset by getting killed.  We would all expect this.  What I think everyone wants is a strong justice and bounty system in place like single player.  It would be great to know that if I get killed in the middle of a town that the law are going to swarm the area and distract or run the attacker out of the area, allowing me to continue what I was doing.  At the moment, I'm the one who ends up getting spawn outside of the town, forcing me to have to run back in to the area where the attacker is camping when all I was doing was trying to visit the shops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows

If they add freeaim lobbies join one of them. That fact you cannot draw and headshot someone in a split second where even moving does not help you, does a lot to cool people down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NT2YIELD

I’ll be honest, I shot a couple players during a hideout raid at night because I didn’t recognize them as other players from a distance

 

I should change my targeting priority, is that possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

I want PvP, and wouldn’t want RDO or GTAO without it. I agree that the term ”griefing” gets thrown around a lot. To me, killing other players and risk being killed is a huge part of what makes it exciting. But of course, no one likes to be ganged up on and get repeatedly abused. Can always switch session if it gets too annoying.

 

A friend wants PvE sessions in RDO and is annoyed that ”some people treat this as GTA”. But I believe that he dislikes it in part because there’s no passive mode (he abuses passive mode in GTAO, cares about his K/D and always makes sure to be ”one up” against his opponents). Sometimes people completely lose their temper if they meet someone good... I mean, c’mon. You gotta treat it as a game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

 

But I respect those who just wants a chill experience with friends, fishing, hunting etc. I just think that if you want to dole out killings you should also not care too much about being killed yourself. Part of the game, part of the excitement.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We Are Ninja

To be clear, this is literally GTA 1898. It's purposely slower, and more deliberate, but at it's core, it's the same game. Some of the Ritalin kids will be put off because it's not as fast-paced, or spammable as GTA, but some won't, and you'll have to deal with them. That said, while you'll run into far more peaceful players than aggressive ones, but you should still play it the same way way you played GTA. Those skills/reflexes will serve you well.

Edited by We Are Ninja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin

The only thing RD:Online needs is a Bounty system for players, but killing players alone should not put a bounty on you, it should instead draw Lawmen to the area like any other crime which means any player firing shots near the Lawmen should become Wanted.. And then if you want to put a Bounty on another player, you should have to go to a Post Office or a Sheriff/Marshal to do so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
1 hour ago, areyouchappin said:

The only thing RD:Online needs is a Bounty system for players, but killing players alone should not put a bounty on you, it should instead draw Lawmen to the area like any other crime which means any player firing shots near the Lawmen should become Wanted.. And then if you want to put a Bounty on another player, you should have to go to a Post Office or a Sheriff/Marshal to do so.

 

Yeah, if the griefers in this thread are trying to pass griefing off as "authentic to the era, it's the Wild West hurr durr," then yeah, add the bounties for murder.  "You're a wanted man, Mr. Morgan." 

 

And no, witnesses and investigation don't need to be part of the process.  The computer keeps track of PvP murders.   You kill another player, boom, you've automatically got a bounty.  You kill another player or the same player again, boom, your bounty goes up, outlaw.   The bounty should be open to both NPC lawmen as well as other players in the session.   Just as bounties in GTAO sent griefers after other griefers, it's a great way to keep them off the backs of those of us who want to enjoy the game on our own, with friends, or with friendlies.  

 

As for players placing a bounty on other players' heads:   well, that's "authentic to the era" too.   Just a few requisites:

 

1. restrict the target to players who are already under a bounty, to prevent griefers from posting a bounty against some innocent schmuck just out fishing or hunting or something

2. when a player puts up a bounty against another player, the requesting player is the one who pays the bounty to the player who successfully collects it

3. a player targeted with a bounty has the option to bribe his way out of it.  A player posts a $100 bounty against another player; that player can then pay a higher amount (say, $200) to any sheriff to remove the PvP bounty from his head

4. Fair game:   if Player A offers a bounty against Player B, Player B is well within his rights to make a counter offer against Player A.  

And logically:  a PvP bounty remains in effect only so long as the posting player is still alive.  And in session.  And has the cash on hand to cover the bounty.   Death, disconnect, and/or not enough money automatically cancels the bounty offered by that player. 

That allows a targeted player the option to retaliate by shooting his way out of a PvP bounty by gunning down the guy who put the bounty on his head.

5. maybe...MAYBE...set a cash limit to the bounty a player can set against another player.  Then again:  maybe not.  Rich oppressing the poor...?  Welcome to the Wild West; welcome to real life.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin
3 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Yeah, if the griefers in this thread are trying to pass griefing off as "authentic to the era, it's the Wild West hurr durr," then yeah, add the bounties for murder.  "You're a wanted man, Mr. Morgan." 

 

And no, witnesses and investigation don't need to be part of the process.  The computer keeps track of PvP murders.   You kill another player, boom, you've automatically got a bounty.  You kill another player or the same player again, boom, your bounty goes up, outlaw.   The bounty should be open to both NPC lawmen as well as other players in the session.   Just as bounties in GTAO sent griefers after other griefers, it's a great way to keep them off the backs of those of us who want to enjoy the game on our own, with friends, or with friendlies.  

 

As for players placing a bounty on other players' heads:   well, that's "authentic to the era" too.   Just a few requisites:

 

1. restrict the target to players who are already under a bounty, to prevent griefers from posting a bounty against some innocent schmuck just out fishing or hunting or something

2. when a player puts up a bounty against another player, the requesting player is the one who pays the bounty to the player who successfully collects it

3. a player targeted with a bounty has the option to bribe his way out of it.  A player posts a $100 bounty against another player; that player can then pay a higher amount (say, $200) to any sheriff to remove the PvP bounty from his head

4. Fair game:   if Player A offers a bounty against Player B, Player B is well within his rights to make a counter offer against Player A.  

And logically:  a PvP bounty remains in effect only so long as the posting player is still alive.  And in session.  And has the cash on hand to cover the bounty.   Death, disconnect, and/or not enough money automatically cancels the bounty offered by that player. 

That allows a targeted player the option to retaliate by shooting his way out of a PvP bounty by gunning down the guy who put the bounty on his head.

5. maybe...MAYBE...set a cash limit to the bounty a player can set against another player.  Then again:  maybe not.  Rich oppressing the poor...?  Welcome to the Wild West; welcome to real life.  

 

Just killing other players should not give you a Bounty... do you know what I'm gonna do if that happens? I'm gonna invite my friends to a party and then my friends and I will go into a town or up to random players and kill them so we all get Bounties on us, then we will gladly collect the Bounties on each other over and over. We'll become rich from griefing players and towns.

 

And in GTA:Online, you didn't get Bounties for griefing players, you got a Bounty for stealing random civilian cars(which is kind of rare) or if a player calls and places one on another player, that's it.

 

You also can't have random Bounties get put on you by a town or a Lawman, because that will be abused as well. The most purest way to do it, is to allow players to place Bounties on other players. And Bounties will be closer to $20 to maybe $80 pay outs, I kind of doubt that we'll see a $150 or $200 bounty running around... that's too much free money and R* and Take Two won't let that slide.

 

Also, I think instead of random Bounties being placed on players by NPCs, I think R* will bring back a revamped Public Enemy system from RDR1, this meant if you killed 6 innocent players your blip become a Red Skull on the map, and if other players hunted you down they would get an XP bonus for stopping you, but a player that was Public Enemy got more XP for killing players/lawmen.

 

I also think if a normal player gets killed(not a player that is marked as an Enemy), a crime scene(red smokey area) should pop up on the map that Lawmen will come to investigate. When the Lawmen show up, whoever is still shooting or killing people will become Wanted..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
4 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

 

Just killing other players should not give you a Bounty... do you know what I'm gonna do if that happens? I'm gonna invite my friends to a party and then my friends and I will go into a town or up to random players and kill them so we all get Bounties on us, then we will gladly collect the Bounties on each other over and over. We'll become rich from griefing players and towns.

 

And in GTA:Online, you didn't get Bounties for griefing players, you got a Bounty for stealing random civilian cars(which is kind of rare) or if a player calls and places one on another player, that's it.

 

You also can't have random Bounties get put on you by a town or a Lawman, because that will be abused as well. The most purest way to do it, is to allow players to place Bounties on other players. And Bounties will be closer to $20 to maybe $80 pay outs, I kind of doubt that we'll see a $150 or $200 bounty running around... that's too much free money and R* and Take Two won't let that slide.

 

Also, I think instead of random Bounties being placed on players by NPCs, I think R* will bring back a revamped Public Enemy system from RDR1, this meant if you killed 6 innocent players your blip become a Red Skull on the map, and if other players hunted you down they would get an XP bonus for stopping you, but a player that was Public Enemy got more XP for killing players/lawmen.

 

I also think if a normal player gets killed(not a player that is marked as an Enemy), a crime scene(red smokey area) should pop up on the map that Lawmen will come to investigate. When the Lawmen show up, whoever is still shooting or killing people will become Wanted..

 

The red skull was an essential feature of GTAO....I agree it should be part of RDRO as well.

As far as players buddying up to collect bounties on each other....that can be abused whether the bounties are placed by law enforcement OR other players.   It should be a given that you can't collect a bounty against someone else in your posse; other protections would be needed to guard against IRL buddies farming bounties on each other without visibly being mates in a posse.  

 

I still think murder of another player should be an automatic bounty, though.   Maybe if you wanted to be realistic, you could add the crime scene/investigation/witness elements to it.   But the point is that the job of lawmen is to bring law to the frontier....they don't care if the victim is an NPC or a PC:  murder is murder, and murderers need to be brought to justice (i.e.:  shot down or hanged, screw this "due process" nonsense).   NPC lawmen should have just as much interest in stopping griefers and keeping the peace as do players who simply want to play in peace.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoop_Leroy

If you're the type of player that never attacks first and minds their own business in free roam, work yourself up to level 50 and equip slippery bastard (no auto aim), never without one (hat blocks a head shot), fight another day (reduced damage while sprinting), and single purpose (reduced damage while unarmed or melee).  A defensive ability loadout at level 3 throughout will make it impossible for other players to kill you before you have a chance to counter or retreat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin
1 minute ago, BretMaverick777 said:

The red skull was an essential feature of GTAO....I agree it should be part of RDRO as well.

As far as players buddying up to collect bounties on each other....that can be abused whether the bounties are placed by law enforcement OR other players.   It should be a given that you can't collect a bounty against someone else in your posse; other protections would be needed to guard against IRL buddies farming bounties on each other without visibly being mates in a posse.  

 

I still think murder of another player should be an automatic bounty, though.   Maybe if you wanted to be realistic, you could add the crime scene/investigation/witness elements to it.   But the point is that the job of lawmen is to bring law to the frontier....they don't care if the victim is an NPC or a PC:  murder is murder, and murderers need to be brought to justice (i.e.:  shot down or hanged, screw this "due process" nonsense).   NPC lawmen should have just as much interest in stopping griefers and keeping the peace as do players who simply want to play in peace.  

Buddies taking bounties off of each other can and will be abused. It was abused in GTA:Online, whenever someone put a bounty on me I always asked a low level player or a friend to kill me and claim the bounty so the person who called the bounty couldn't reclaim it back. But if bounties can be put on players by NPCs for simply shooting someone, at any given time, over and over that can be way more abusive than taking a one time bounty personally placed by a player. How many times is that player gonna spend $50 to place a $40 bounty on another player?

 

Here's the problem, R* doesn't care about realism or players feelings when it comes to making real life money. They don't want players making too much in-game money because then players won't buy the micro-transactions. They don't want you leveling up too fast because the longer it takes you to level up the more chance there is you might be swayed to purchase a micro transaction. Everything nowadays is driven by micro-transactions or real life money.

 

Before anyone can come up with any new mechanics or new features or DLCs for ANY R* game.. you need to first think about: "Will this new addition make players buy more micro-transactions.."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RayD70

People aren't treating RDO like GTA. They treated GTA like it was CoD.

 

Hey, I get it. PvP can be fun, and just grinding gets old and you want to let off steam. BUT, there's no reason to do it at someone else's financial expense (like killing people with loaded horses, or at vendors or mission hubs). That's just being a dick, and if that excites you, seek help. You are not well. There is an exception for stranger missions, since that's the whole point of them.

 

I have a simple and modest proposal:

 

For those who want to engage in free roam PvP, can we please leave business areas out of bounds? Please lay off anyone unarmed and traveling with loaded down horses? Please lay off the defenseless fisherman? You're only shooting fish in a barrel, no pun intended. It's TOO EASY and nowhere near a sign of your prowess.

 

How about people itching for a fight meet up in areas that we all agree are hot zones?  Areas that nobody really needs access to, like McFarlane's Ranch (just leave Bonnie's house alone). Or Armadillo, or Limpany, Colter, Rathskeller's Fork, The Cemetery, or train yards in St. Denis, Thieve's Landing (there are other Fences). Something like that? Out in the wild, all's fair except for gunning down people mentioned above. Everyone wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
6 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

People aren't treating RDO like GTA. They treated GTA like it was CoD.

 

Hey, I get it. PvP can be fun, and just grinding gets old and you want to let off steam. BUT, there's no reason to do it at someone else's financial expense (like killing people with loaded horses, or at vendors or mission hubs). That's just being a dick, and if that excites you, seek help. You are not well. There is an exception for stranger missions, since that's the whole point of them.

 

I have a simple and modest proposal:

 

For those who want to engage in free roam PvP, can we please leave business areas out of bounds? Please lay off anyone unarmed and traveling with loaded down horses? Please lay off the defenseless fisherman? You're only shooting fish in a barrel, no pun intended. It's TOO EASY and nowhere near a sign of your prowess.

 

How about people itching for a fight meet up in areas that we all agree are hot zones?  Areas that nobody really needs access to, like McFarlane's Ranch (just leave Bonnie's house alone). Or Armadillo, or Limpany, Colter, Rathskeller's Fork, The Cemetery, or train yards in St. Denis, Thieve's Landing (there are other Fences). Something like that? Out in the wild, all's fair except for gunning down people mentioned above. Everyone wins.

I agree....griefers are dicks.   Period.     If your only enjoyment of the game is in making somebody else NOT enjoy it, then you're no good for Rockstar, you're no good for Red Dead Redemption 2, and you're just....no good.   Find a new hobby.  

 

Creating hot zones is an interesting concept, but I don't know how hard it would be to implement, and I'm certain the griefers would still find a way to ruin that, too.  

Passive mode and private lobbies was always the best way to go in GTAO, and it made everything simple and straightforward:   no griefers allowed.  Period.   I keep seeing people in this thread moaning about how Passive mode is awful, but I've seen absolutely no reason given beyond sh**-for-brains griefers having one less target to harass.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
•—•
18 hours ago, NintendoFanboy said:

It seems like some people only kill others because they're afraid of getting killed. It's proactive. If I'm just minding my business and I see the player icon rapidly approaching on my radar how do I know if they are coming to kill me or of they're just riding by and minding their own business? I feel like I have to pull my gun out all the time because people just run around killing each other. 

Not everyone goes around killing eachother.

 

A while ago, I backed out into free roam and was stationary on my horse. Some guy was heading my way and started firing shots but missed all, even when I was still. They were passenger in a carriage wagon and I was thinking, what were they doing? Few seconds later, two red carriage wagon icons appear and it turned how he was doing mission. So I decided to get back at 'em by chucking dynamite in both carriage wagon then rode off. I checked map again and it turned out he was level 5...

 

As a general rule of thumb, I wouldn't shoot first unless you are in a rush and can get away from your victim. I used to actively attack players while I was doing stranger missions. But I rode off before they could get me. But in general, I would steer away from their path and keep distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MostlyPonies

Passive mode would let PvP players be free to kill each other while everyone else is free to go about their business. But it can be abused by PvP players. A better solution would be separate normal and passive servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Watain

It don't think it really matters whether you prefer PvP or PvE. It shouldn't be that hard having the options for both. My girlfriend plays a lot of World of Warcraft and could never understand why GTAO didn't have server options for both game types, or RDO now for that matter. It seems like a logical choice to let players choose in games such as these, if you ask me.

 

I grew up playing tons of PvP games in the 2000's, the early CoD games and you name it. I'm grown up now. Killing players mindlessly is no longer fun to me, but what if I wanted to do that? Oh yeah - deathmatches. Or I could just go and play Overwatch where I play as a serious competitor. But why force it into all free-roam modes? Especially with the horrible spawning system. I don't get it.

 

Worst of all is this game is ridden with typical class A griefers - session jumping noobs who can't finish what they start. That's already ruining the game for me personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blasterman4EVER

I can handle being spawnkilled by strangers and not get upset. Rockstar solved this problem by removing the KDR stat (thanks guys!).

 

What I can’t stand is when some long term account on my friends list keeps killing me and others who spawn next to him because he is psycho-traumatized from what someone else did to him.

 

At least stop look up to see who you’re killing before you go into a black rage over butthurt. I’ll let someone kill me a couple times and not worry. But not friends. Don’t kill your friends!

 

The few times people have pursued me across the map I’ve been baffled. Game is too big to be mad chasing someone.

 

But don’t ruin your own experience and lose friends and potential friends from shooting first! f*cking relax!

 

Don’t be Han! Don’t shoot first.

 

Shooting first is a sign of personal weakness, especially in a game where KD/R is irrelevant.

 

......Unless you’ve got a lot of pelts on your horse.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talisman_83
1 minute ago, Blasterman4EVER said:

I can handle being spawnkilled by strangers and not get upset. Rockstar solved this problem by removing the KDR stat (thanks guys!).

 

What I can’t stand is when some long term accountnpn my friends list keeps killing me and others who spawn next to him because he is psycho-traumatized from what someone else did to him.

 

At least stop look up to see who you’re killing before you go into a black rage over butthurt. I’ll let someone kill me a couple times and not worry. But not friends.

 

The few times people have pursued me across the map I’ve been baffled. Game is too big to be mad chasing someone.

 

But don’t ruin your own experience and lose friends and potential friends from shooting first! f*cking relax!

 

When people consistently shoot first, even after I attempt to wave and whistle, then I'm sorry but I'm now an honorary member of the shoot first club.

The only time I've came across an environment where people let their guard down was when I was standing in a river, casting my line downstream.

A few guys rode by, stopped, then kept going. It was a rare occurrence of common sense kicking in of "I'd want to be left alone too if I was fishing".

99% of the time though, nope unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blasterman4EVER

 

 

I don’t know. People don’t shoot me very often unprovoked. At least not more than once. I give almost everyone one free kill. I mean, I’ve got kids to feed. Not really.

 

But I really try to avoid pop-up skirmishes because I can’t turn the other cheek. f*ck it. Have the kill, you degenerate. That’s my take.

 

Better to have the humility to take one kill and move on with your tasks and your goals than to shoot first and create an enemy or enemy posse who will surely ruin your session experience.

 

If you shoot first, you have to accept that you’ve become the problem, and you’ve become what you’re complaining about. Which is ok too, but you have to realize that irony.

 

Bottom line, remember what Arthur said about revenge? Forget the childish cockwaving contests. Let losers kill randomly and move on so they don’t distract you from your fun and money and progress.

 

That is, unless you enjoy starting and getting into sh*t and random, pointless PvP battles. Do what you want, but I still think the shoot only if shot at and let them have one kill philosophy is the best way to keep making character progress. I’m talking about distractions here.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TankGirl

I always let the person kill me or shoot at me first.  After that they are fair game but generally I just kill them back and then leave.

Edited by TankGirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arkane

I never thought the day would come where I need to have my weapon out at all times, but these guys made that a reality. I just want to hunt and loot some homesteads for food, and not check my map every two  minutes to see who is coming my way. Reading most of these comments shows why as alot of us have said different types of game types and servers are needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin

They should implement the system Fallout 76 has on griefers.

You kill somebody unprovoked, you get a bounty. And it'll grow the more you kill the guy.

Causing the griefer to become the target as everyone will rush towards him, wanting the cash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.