Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

JDumas1977

Gold Rush Trophy

Recommended Posts

JDumas1977

I was curious.... can the Gold Rush achievement/trophy be obtained if you have Gold on every story mission except those where a mission timer is attached as a criteria for the gold? RDR2 is undoubtedly a masterpiece, BUT come on Rockstar.... a mission timer... REALLY! 😒✌    

                         Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JDumas1977
On 12/8/2018 at 7:06 PM, JDumas1977 said:

I was curious.... can the Gold Rush achievement/trophy be obtained if you have Gold on every story mission except those where a mission timer is attached as a criteria for the gold? RDR2 is undoubtedly a masterpiece, BUT come on Rockstar.... a mission timer... REALLY! 😒✌    

                         Thanks in advance

I'd also like to add this question as well. On the mission "Spines of America". How is it possible that when I'm prompted to clean out Carmody Dell, an I've lifted everything that wasn't nailed down, ( went over it will a fine tooth comb basically). I'm given a silver? I tell ya, some of these requirements are absolute garbage!  J/S ✌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
el capito

Is there 104 missions or something like that. So you can skip 34.

 

Did 70 gold medals via mission replay after finishing the game. I dont think the mission timer is the problem, most of the missions which have completion time it is just skipping the

cutscenes in the middle and end. Of course you have to be fast but if you know what you have to do it isn't impossible to get the gold medals. 

 

Of course there are some bugs, sometimes you have to watch the first cutscene to activate the timer, sometimes the timer doesnt seem to work at all, but restarting the console fixes that etc.

 

I have to say that RDR 2 is the best game and gaming experience i've had, but in the mission replay the combination of mission design and the gold medal requirements are probably the most horrible gaming experience ever. The minimum stamina horse, minimum dead eye, no inventory, just horrible. Cant even stack the requirements, you have to get everything in one try. I quess they wont ever gonna repair that. 200% easier to get the trophy is to do save before mission and have your horse, weapons, inventory etc.

2 hours ago, JDumas1977 said:

I'd also like to add this question as well. On the mission "Spines of America". How is it possible that when I'm prompted to clean out Carmody Dell, an I've lifted everything that wasn't nailed down, ( went over it will a fine tooth comb basically). I'm given a silver? I tell ya, some of these requirements are absolute garbage!  J/S ✌

Pretty sure you still missed something. Thats pretty easy mission to get the gold. Could be bugged but i believe you still missed something, chinmey?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JDumas1977
1 hour ago, el capito said:

Is there 104 missions or something like that. So you can skip 34.

 

Did 70 gold medals via mission replay after finishing the game. I dont think the mission timer is the problem, most of the missions which have completion time it is just skipping the

cutscenes in the middle and end. Of course you have to be fast but if you know what you have to do it isn't impossible to get the gold medals. 

 

Of course there are some bugs, sometimes you have to watch the first cutscene to activate the timer, sometimes the timer doesnt seem to work at all, but restarting the console fixes that etc.

 

I have to say that RDR 2 is the best game and gaming experience i've had, but in the mission replay the combination of mission design and the gold medal requirements are probably the most horrible gaming experience ever. The minimum stamina horse, minimum dead eye, no inventory, just horrible. Cant even stack the requirements, you have to get everything in one try. I quess they wont ever gonna repair that. 200% easier to get the trophy is to do save before mission and have your horse, weapons, inventory etc.

Pretty sure you still missed something. Thats pretty easy mission to get the gold. Could be bugged but i believe you still missed something, chinmey?

El capito, thank you good sir for the much needed reply. Yeah, this is where I think RS dropped the ball for the GR trophy. I'm mean heck, it was their technology from GTAV that allowed us to stack the individual requirements only playthrough #1, then return at a later time to complete the remaining requirements. An thank you for giving me a breakdown of just how many missions I can get silver on an still be ok for the HR trophy. I also agree... the years that RS but into RDR2 made it a masterpiece an well deserved the praise it's been getting. However, some of the things they implemented, were just poor choice.

 

               Thqnks again bud ✌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Blast

Do not be misled by the arrogance of the ten or twenty pretentious jagoffs out there in trophy-hunting forums who have stupidly downplayed the difficulty of this trophy.

This is the hardest existing Rockstar games trophy to achieve.

This is the hardest trophy I've ever earned.

I would argue that this is one of the ten hardest trophies in existence (besides platinum trophies, obviously).

The only game I've ever played with more challenging trophies than this is Tetris Effect.

Good luck and The Lord's mercy to all who attempt to achieve this trophy.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.