3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Scuba 21

Cold Weather Outfit

areyouchappin

A lot of the realistic mechanics of RDR2 Single Player are bugged in RD:Online. If R* can't figure out how to make them work.. they should just remove those aspects because they are really annoying me.

Gallows
13 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

A lot of the realistic mechanics of RDR2 Single Player are bugged in RD:Online. If R* can't figure out how to make them work.. they should just remove those aspects because they are really annoying me.

That’s not really how bug fixing works. Next time you have a flat tire, just remove the wheel and drive on 😂

areyouchappin
1 minute ago, Gallows said:

That’s not really how bug fixing works. Next time you have a flat tire, just remove the wheel and drive on 😂

Fixing a bug and changing a tire are two completely different things. But just for the sake of arguing, we don't require the realistic mechanics that are obviously highly flawed and broken in RD:Online like a car requires a wheel to even function properly..

I also said if R* can't fix it they should just remove it, but if it's fixable, then keep it.

TiberiusMcQueen
3 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

Fixing a bug and changing a tire are two completely different things. But just for the sake of arguing, we don't require the realistic mechanics that are obviously highly flawed and broken in RD:Online like a car requires a wheel to even function properly..

I also said if R* can't fix it they should just remove it, but if it's fixable, then keep it.

The notion that they might not be able to fix some of these bugs is laughable, they are more than capable of fixing them, that's why the very suggestion of removing them is repulsive to a lot of us, especially considering how many aspects of the singleplayer experience have been cut as it is.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

areyouchappin
1 minute ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

The notion that they might not be able to fix some of these bugs is laughable, they are more than capable of fixing them, that's why the very suggestion of removing them is repulsive to a lot of us, especially considering how many aspects of the singleplayer experience have been cut as it is.

You guys may not care to log on every time and magically become underweight, or your horse bonding constantly resetting to level 1, or not wearing a jacket that you spent gold on in certain areas or having to spend gold on a jacket just so you can go somewhere.. If R* can't make the realism work, then simply cut it off, because it is annoying me and many other people I've played with. All the other realistic sh*t can obviously stay, I'm only talking about the bugged and broken stuff..

And I never said or hinted that they can't fix it or this is an impossible fix of some kind, I never said it shouldn't be there in the first place, all I said is if they can not fix the bugs, then remove what's causing the issue and if people don't like my opinions, then oh well lol not my problem.

Gallows
30 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

We don’t require them? No, like we don’t need video games at all. I want the realistic details and what you are suggesting is exactly the lazy thinking that has made video games more streamlined, bland and boring where only easy things like pink unicorn skins are added.

You may not enjoy the details, but I do and I have a bit of patience to wait for them to be fixed. Besides it’s not like it’s a huge issue. There are far greater issues connected to core mechanics that needs a fix first.

The notion that they may not be able to fix it is just silly, so I don’t see your point at all, arguing based on a far fetched hypothesis, like driving on whith three wheels.

areyouchappin
13 minutes ago, Gallows said:

We don’t require them? No, like we don’t need video games at all. I want the realistic details and what you are suggesting is exactly the lazy thinking that has made video games more streamlined, bland and boring where only easy things like pink unicorn skins are added.

You may not enjoy the details, but I do and I have a bit of patience to wait for them to be fixed. Besides it’s not like it’s a huge issue. There are far greater issues connected to core mechanics that needs a fix first.

The notion that they may not be able to fix it is just silly, so I don’t see your point at all, arguing based on a far fetched hypothesis, like driving on whith three wheels.

You wanna know what is really ruining the world, not only video games, it is people like you assuming what other people can or can't think lol You don't know what I want or what I think, all I said is if R* hasn't fixed it by now.. it is a problem for them or they do not care and are looking at other things like how to make Gold Bars sell... If they are going to be lazy about it, then remove the issues for now until they are fixed or if they can't be properly integrated into an Online format than remove it.

Is that really that hard to understand?

Maybe I should just not reply to these types of threads so I don't hurt anyone's fragile feelings. 

Gallows
24 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

You wanna know what is really ruining the world, not only video games, it is people like you assuming what other people can or can't think lol You don't know what I want or what I think, all I said is if R* hasn't fixed it by now.. it is a problem for them or they do not care and are looking at other things like how to make Gold Bars sell... If they are going to be lazy about it, then remove the issues for now until they are fixed or if they can't be properly integrated into an Online format than remove it.

Is that really that hard to understand?

Maybe I should just not reply to these types of threads so I don't hurt anyone's fragile feelings. 

For someone claiming people are being hurt, you seem unreasonably unhinged 😂

I am just telling you that your idea of them removing things they haven’t fixed by now is sh*t. It’s an opinion, that’s all. I am not assuming, I’m responding to your writing. I don’t care what you think or do not think, that’s your own problem. I am just arguing against what I think is utter nonsense.

I want them to fix it and I want to wait for it, because the feature is important to me. I can live with the tiny issue of clothes until they do so.

You did write that if they cannot fix it, they should remove it. If you meant they should remove it temporarily until they have worked it out, you could have written that instead. Still disagree with that - it seems silly removing things you need to fix from a beta test, until it has been fixed 🤣

Edited by Gallows

areyouchappin

For someone claiming people are being hurt, you seem unreasonably unhinged 😂

I'm unhinged? You're the one who got upset at my opinion and started this in the first place lol and all I've done since my first post is correct what you have mistakenly said about my first post.

I am just telling you that your idea of them removing things they haven’t fixed by now is sh*t. It’s an opinion, that’s all.

I want them to fix it and I want to wait for it, because the feature is important to me. I can live with the tiny issue of clothes until they do so.

Your opinion about my opinion, is irrelevant to me and the topic in general.

You did write that if they cannot fix it, they should remove it. If you meant they should remove it temporarily until they have worked it out, you could have written that instead. Still disagree with that - it seems silly removing things you need to fix from a beta test, until it has been fixed 🤣

Wow, talking to you is like talking to a rock, do you even read my posts? I never said I didn't say that lol I said if they can't fix it remove it, temporarily/forever I don't give a sh*t as long as they fix it before it is forced upon everyone.. And there has been plenty of Beta testing done, R* just obviously isn't focusing on these issues yet.

Chances are it's going to stay exactly how it is until the Beta is done or they fix it in an update.

Gallows

Yes you did write just that, but it’s pointless. What do you think an argument is? It’s opinion meeting opinion.

It’s a test. I want it in the game and don’t mind the small bugs until they fix it. I think your idea of removing something from the test, until it’s fixed, because it needs fixing, which we discovered by testing it... is stupid.

Chrismads

Back on topic...... 

Has anyone found suitable for cold weather outfits yet, that isn't 'end game' vests ?

Neeloc
9 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Back on topic...... 

Has anyone found suitable for cold weather outfits yet, that isn't 'end game' vests ?

I tried the Sheep coat, deer vest, gloves, etc... and nothing. Pretty sure it's bugged.

Pocket Fox
50 minutes ago, Neeloc said:

I tried the Sheep coat, deer vest, gloves, etc... and nothing. Pretty sure it's bugged.

As mentioned earlier, only items on your chest affect cold weather protection.

You don't need any shoes, gloves, pants, hat, bandana to be warm in the snow.

You need

-Wool Shirt 

-Outdoorsmen/Sheepskin Vest

-Sheep/Bison Coat

Nothing else matters. If you wore those 3 items of clothing on your chest, you could be naked otherwise and still be warm in the snow.

ibsmokin

How absurd is that? Hahah f*ckin R* couldn’t just implement a point system for each item of clothing in terms of a warmth factor and you have to get above a certain # to be able to withstand snow or extreme cold. Being able to go barefoot in snow and stay warm because of what’s on your chest is so resiculousy laughable it’s embarrassing. You should need to cover up just like in real life. Weatherproof footwear like moccasins or chaps that keep the snow out of your boots and off your legs. Gloves to keep your hands warm and even hats that cover your ears. Anything that isn’t up to par causes your cores to drain at an accelerated rate. Simple yet effective. 

RayD70
7 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

You need

-Wool Shirt 

-Sheep/Bison Coat

Nothing else matters. If you wore those 3 items of clothing on your chest, you could be naked otherwise and still be warm in the snow.

You don't even need the vest. Wool shirt plus sheepskin coat = good to go. Tested.

Pocket Fox
23 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

You don't even need the vest. Wool shirt plus sheepskin coat = good to go. Tested.

Interesting. Because with the vest and coat it's temperate not cold weather. Seems the shirt is very important then.

rusbeckia
12 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

You need

-Wool Shirt 

-Sheep/Bison Coat

You don‘t need a specific vest. I don‘t even know if you need a vest at all if you have a jacker for cold times

EDIT:lol, should‘ve read the whole thread before posting ;) 

Edited by rusbeckia

SaturdayNight
6 hours ago, ibsmokin said:

How absurd is that? Hahah f*ckin R* couldn’t just implement a point system for each item of clothing in terms of a warmth factor and you have to get above a certain # to be able to withstand snow or extreme cold. Being able to go barefoot in snow and stay warm because of what’s on your chest is so resiculousy laughable it’s embarrassing. You should need to cover up just like in real life. Weatherproof footwear like moccasins or chaps that keep the snow out of your boots and off your legs. Gloves to keep your hands warm and even hats that cover your ears. Anything that isn’t up to par causes your cores to drain at an accelerated rate. Simple yet effective. 

Well believe it or not, youre actually more likely to freeze to death by heat escaping your head rather than your feet (Some studies would suggest, others not so much) so allegedly it would preserve your body heat to wear a hat rather than footwear. But this is probably a farce considering the ongoing debate. 

Chrismads

I started with the Buckskin King vest, isn't that a slightly warm vest? I used it under the sheep jacket but only got an avarage temp outfit.

Would a union suit underneath do the trick you think? Or is that just a myth. Atm its the cheapest solution for me at rank 38 if it works.

ibsmokin
14 hours ago, SaturdayNight said:

Well believe it or not, youre actually more likely to freeze to death by heat escaping your head rather than your feet (Some studies would suggest, others not so much) so allegedly it would preserve your body heat to wear a hat rather than footwear. But this is probably a farce considering the ongoing debate. 

You’re absolutely right I’m from Canada and I’ve worked in -40C and if you keep the back of your neck warm it goes a long way to keeping your body warm cause of the amount of blood that flows down your spinal cord. Though if you go walking barefoot in over a foot of snow in sub zero temps you ain’t goin far before your feet are gone. 

SaturdayNight
13 hours ago, ibsmokin said:

You’re absolutely right I’m from Canada and I’ve worked in -40C and if you keep the back of your neck warm it goes a long way to keeping your body warm cause of the amount of blood that flows down your spinal cord. Though if you go walking barefoot in over a foot of snow in sub zero temps you ain’t goin far before your feet are gone. 

Well i have never tested this out myself but I would imagine if you dont cover your feet you would still be in a heap of trouble. So for me i would try and wear footwear.

_-Chy-_
Posted (edited)

The reason I have not checked back on this thread for several weeks, is because I found a solution for the cold weather that renders all the clothing combos completely irrelevant.

I enjoy exploring the frozen mountains in peace. Griefers are extinct up there. The very few randoms I rarely encounter in that part of the map, are just fishing/hunting/exploring.

So if you just want to enjoy the frozen wilds without going through the headache to find the golden outfit combination, and don't intend to go up there to bother others, send me a DM.

Edited by _-Chy-_

BearChow

When I played on new years eve, I noticed that temp and clothing has been fixed. I noticed that by wearing sheepwool jacket I was able to maintain my core at normal without seeing the snowflake warning on my health care.  So I believe it was a bug that got fixed.  

4eyedcoupe

I'm lucky my character started out with the wool shirt because it seems to be a must for cold weather with a cold weather jacket.

Chrismads

I finally achieved a cold weather outfit.

Union suit, ship skin vest and sheep skin coat.

Now if I could only figure out how to get an avarage weather outfit using my brakeman jacket..