Cold Weather Outfit

xl SENTRY lx
2 minutes ago, IDontHaveMyOwnBathroom said:

stupid

Ummm...I didn't say that...

wlHKhNG.png

Go troll somewhere else.

RayD70

Finally figured out the missing piece of the puzzle for me. Despite having a heavy coat, gloves and vest, it wouldn't qualify for cold weather.

The trick was a wool shirt. Had to use some gold to get it as I'm WAY away from unlocking it yet, but that's ok. Funny thing is that I could take the vest off, and it still said suitable for cold temps. Weird. Maybe the vests aren't working as intended?

DonnieVega
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, ibsmokin said:

Nothing up there anyway. Not even bothered to go up. 

Nothing up there? What about beauty? What about peace? And what about Flaco? Flaco is not nothing, he offers me that sweet PVE-safe XP!

Pocket Fox

Only chest clothes count towards your ability to survive the coldest winters.

Shirt, Vest, Jacket.

wool shirt, there's 2 vests I think the starter one and a wool one, wool jacket. Dont have it yet, but that speed lvl 97 Sadie Adler jacket looks warm too.

ibsmokin
15 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Only chest clothes count towards your ability to survive the coldest winters.

Shirt, Vest, Jacket.

wool shirt, there's 2 vests I think the starter one and a wool one, wool jacket. Dont have it yet, but that speed lvl 97 Sadie Adler jacket looks warm too.

It’s only good for average temps, anywhere but the south or in the snow and it’s perfect. It looks badass though. 

Pocket Fox
26 minutes ago, ibsmokin said:

It’s only good for average temps, anywhere but the south or in the snow and it’s perfect. It looks badass though. 

Drat :( I thought it was going to be oh so warm.

Oh well, it still looks the business.

ibsmokin

It gets the job done unless you’re enjoying an extended stay up in the snow. 

Jason
4 hours ago, RayD70 said:

Finally figured out the missing piece of the puzzle for me. Despite having a heavy coat, gloves and vest, it wouldn't qualify for cold weather.

The trick was a wool shirt. Had to use some gold to get it as I'm WAY away from unlocking it yet, but that's ok. Funny thing is that I could take the vest off, and it still said suitable for cold temps. Weird. Maybe the vests aren't working as intended?

Learned this yesterday as well, neither the warm vests, big winter boots or chaps do anything for the cold. Sheepskin jacket + wool sweater is the only way.

gtmike
3 hours ago, Jason said:

Learned this yesterday as well, neither the warm vests, big winter boots or chaps do anything for the cold. Sheepskin jacket + wool sweater is the only way.

Not true, the fur vests definitely help. You can make the Grizzly outlaw outfit cold weather just by changing the vest to a fur one.

Edit: Not really fur I guess, but the leathery one with tassles. Outdoorsman or something vest.

Edited by gtmike

Jason
2 minutes ago, gtmike said:

Not true, the fur vests definitely help. You can make the Grizzly outlaw outfit cold weather just by changing the vest to a fur one.

Edit: Not really fur I guess, but the leathery one with tassles. Outdoorsman or something vest.

Is that a male or female vest? I bought the fur female one and it made 0 difference.

gtmike
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Is that a male or female vest? I bought the fur female one and it made 0 difference.

Male, not the sheepskin one though (haven't tried that). It's kind of raggedy with tassles.

Jason
8 minutes ago, gtmike said:

Male, not the sheepskin one though (haven't tried that). It's kind of raggedy with tassles.

Ah, I know which one you mean now. There's also a warm looking vest around 60 that looks like it should be a warm vest but it's not.

TiberiusMcQueen

Why couldn't they just copy the singleplayer method for it? It works fine in singleplayer, there was no need to change it up.

Poggy

Wool jumper .... o

IamCourtney

I use a slightly altered Grizzly outfit for aesthetics and it works fine enough. Just gotta eat a little extra food to counteract core drain in the very coldest regions. I see no need to use gold to rush ahead to a fully cold weather outfit.

Rithrius

Personally, i think they should just remove the concept of temperature in Online and let people dress the way they f*cking want. 😐

psymin
22 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Personally, i think they should just remove the concept of temperature in Online and let people dress the way they f*cking want. 😐

no

Rithrius
14 minutes ago, psymin said:

no

Why not? RDO is throwing pretty much every other form of realism and world building out the window anyway. RDO is literally just an excuse for people to shoot each other in a western setting. They don't care about realism outside of the SP story. Even Rockstar knows this. That's why they let you summon your horse from any distance instead of a "nearby distance" like in SP.

Edited by Rithrius

TiberiusMcQueen
19 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Why not? RDO is throwing pretty much every other form of realism and world building out the window anyway. RDO is literally just an excuse for people to shoot each other in a western setting. They don't care about realism outside of the SP story. Even Rockstar knows this. That's why they let you summon your horse from any distance instead of a "nearby distance" like in SP.

Online is already far too stripped down compared to singleplayer, and you want them to make RDO even MORE of an empty shell of its singleplayer counterpart? They need to add a lot of singleplayers immersive elements to online and get the ones that are in working properly, not remove the few that are left.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

Rithrius
1 minute ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

Online is already far too stripped down compared to singleplayer, and you want them to make RDO even MORE of an empty shell of its singleplayer counterpart? 

Might as well embrace it because it sure as hell ain't gonna change. RDO was never meant to copy or even respect the realism of SP. It's literally just a playground for online players and nothing more.

psymin
24 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

I don't want to be shot by some barefoot shirtless f*ckbag while up north.

this isn't gta, stop wanting it to be

Edited by psymin

Rithrius
1 minute ago, psymin said:

I don't want to be shot by some barefoot shirtless f*ckbag while up north.

this isn't gta, stop wanting it to be

2 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Might as well embrace it because it sure as hell ain't gonna change. RDO was never meant to copy or even respect the realism of SP. It's literally just a playground for online players and nothing more.

psymin

Rithrius
4 minutes ago, psymin said:

tenor.gif

Then tell me. Has Rockstar ever explicitly stated that they intend to make RDO every bit as alive and vibrant as the single player campaign? And post a source, plz. If not, it should be clear to anyone that Rockstar simply intends to optimize the map of RDR2 for online play and not much more than that. As such, temperature as well as hot or cold clothing, seems like a pointless addition.

(btw, replying with a picture of Trump and trying to sound credible at the same time isn't gonna work out in your favor)

psymin

sorry man I don't need to convince you. 

i think you are wrong. 

you think i am wrong. 

agree to disagree. 

peace.

Van_Hellsing

Rdr2 is a vehicle for T2 to make a godawful amount of money. Gta made 1.5 billion dollars in microtransactions alone. Gta online should be called: "Be a d-bag and get away with it." 

RDR2 online is gta with horses. It has to make the same or even more money than gta online. 

Tha-Jamz

Okay after reading here i got a tip for UE players:

Wool shirt + Montana coat = Cold weather outfit. (no vest needed)

I got the Wool shirt + Montana coat + traditional vest + riding gloves.

But i tested it with only Wool shirt + Montana coat + riding gloves and it says suitable for cold weather. (so maybe gloves are needed)

So here u go ! see u up there in the snow...

tsto
2 hours ago, Rithrius said:

Then tell me. Has Rockstar ever explicitly stated that they intend to make RDO every bit as alive and vibrant as the single player campaign? And post a source, plz. If not, it should be clear to anyone that Rockstar simply intends to optimize the map of RDR2 for online play and not much more than that. As such, temperature as well as hot or cold clothing, seems like a pointless addition.

(btw, replying with a picture of Trump and trying to sound credible at the same time isn't gonna work out in your favor)

You need to stop. No one likes your idea, and you wanted a source, here you go:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/19/red-dead-online-devs-reveal-first-details

To quote the article:

"IGN: What can players expect from Red Dead Online? Will we have as much open-world freedom as we do in the single-player component?

Imran Sarwar: Of course. Red Dead Online will use the world and gameplay mechanics of Red Dead Redemption 2 as a jumping off point for a new world of cowboys (and cowgirls) and outlaws that combines multiplayer and cooperative gameplay and narrative components in a huge open world. Players will be able explore alone or easily join with friends or other players to compete or work together. We’ll take full advantage of the entire world, as well as all the aspects of a 19th century setting that make Red Dead Redemption 2 unique and fun."

Now listen, your idea is pointless. Excluding temperature mechanics out of online is one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Way to take away immersion. Just a big fat NO. They do need to improve the way it works in Online though or give us an idea of what items in the store are good for what temperatures.

Pocket Fox
6 hours ago, gtmike said:

The vest you speak of 'outdoorsmen' ??? I think. Says it is wool lined and it helps against cold.

You need all three wool type clothes on your chest. Wool shirt, wool vest (either the outdoorsmen tassel one or the actual wool one) and the woolen jacket.

Took a bit of messing with, but now I'm as snug as a bug up north. And I loooooooooooove putting on on Christmas music and just riding my horse around in the snow.

Jason

You don't need the vest. I got the cold outfit with the sheepjacket + wool sweater. I do have gloves and the big winter looking boots on, but I dunno if that makes a difference.