Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Ryan5252

AFK players

Recommended Posts

Ryan5252

I thought that after the 'patch' R* done something to prevent players from AFK'ing in death matches?

 

It's still seems to be happening and mostly by higher ranked players it seems. What gives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
41 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

I thought that after the 'patch' R* done something to prevent players from AFK'ing in death matches?

 

It's still seems to be happening and mostly by higher ranked players it seems. What gives?

How do you even afk in this game?   Other than white-flag a camp, but I'm positive that white flags don't shield you at all in active missions/showdowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rithrius
7 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

How do you even afk in this game?   Other than white-flag a camp, but I'm positive that white flags don't shield you at all in active missions/showdowns.

People intentionally go afk in deathmatches to get exp the lazy way. Since it doesn't matter if you win or lose, and deathmatches just keep going automatically, you can join a deathmatch and watch tv all day while your exp keeps racking up without having to do a goddamn thing. Not only is it a very abusable exploit, but it pisses off everyone on that guy's team. And there's no way to kick those players from the game.

 

 

 

Edited by Rithrius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saintsrow
34 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

People intentionally go afk in deathmatches to get exp the lazy way. Since it doesn't matter if you win or lose, and deathmatches just keep going automatically, you can join a deathmatch and watch tv all day while your exp keeps racking up without having to do a goddamn thing. Not only is it a very abusable exploit, but it pisses off everyone on that guy's team. And there's no way to kick those players from the game.

 

Since I hate PvP and deathmatches, this is a nice way to troll the game.  Maybe I'll do this until Rockstar finally opens private lobbies.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan5252
2 minutes ago, saintsrow said:

Since I hate PvP and deathmatches, this is a nice way to troll the game.  Maybe I'll do this until Rockstar finally opens private lobbies.  

 

Yeah good idea. Ruin the rest of the game for everyone else until you get the bits you want. Makes sense. 

 

Private lobbies will come next week. What can be done in them remains to be seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
37 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

People intentionally go afk in deathmatches to get exp the lazy way. Since it doesn't matter if you win or lose, and deathmatches just keep going automatically, you can join a deathmatch and watch tv all day while your exp keeps racking up without having to do a goddamn thing. Not only is it a very abusable exploit, but it pisses off everyone on that guy's team. And there's no way to kick those players from the game.

 

 

 

I see how that is regarded as lazy farming, but who is he "cheating" besides himself?   I mean, why bother playing a game that you're not going to play?  

 

In lieu of having the Kick Player option (talk about "abusable exploit"), why not simply file a report?   Rockstar seems pretty good at policing sploits and haxx.   Or maybe Rockstar could simply change the mission parameters to give you experience points for, you know, actually experiencing the game.  If you get zero kills, you get zero xp.   Why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saintsrow
1 minute ago, Ryan5252 said:

Yeah good idea. Ruin the rest of the game for everyone else until you get the bits you want. Makes sense. 

 

Private lobbies will come next week. What can be done in them remains to be seen. 

Yeah, PvP ruins the game for me.  So it's about even. 

 

You have real info that private lobbies are next week?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hunterrrr
4 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

Yeah good idea. Ruin the rest of the game for everyone else until you get the bits you want. Makes sense. 

 

Private lobbies will come next week. What can be done in them remains to be seen. 

Is it confirmed that private lobbies are coming next week? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan5252
16 minutes ago, saintsrow said:

Yeah, PvP ruins the game for me.  So it's about even. 

 

You have real info that private lobbies are next week?  

 

No, but I think the first patch will come next week and invite only will most likely be included in that. 

 

And you don't need to take part in PvP. Deathmatches are optional. 

Edited by Ryan5252

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saintsrow
1 minute ago, Ryan5252 said:

No, but I think the first patch will come next week and invite only will most likely be included in that. 

 

And you don't need to take part in PvP. Deathmatches are optional. 

Hi, not trying to be a dick at all, but right now, RD Online -IS- PvP.  That's what I meant.  

 

I'm just playing single player as early Arthur now, anyway, so no Online for me.  In my opinion, RD Online, even at its best, won't be nearly as fun and exciting as GTA Online is.  We'll see how it goes.  If Rockstar takes months to add new functionality and modes to RFD Online, like they do with GTA Online, the bulk of the potential player base will have moved on.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E•MO•TION

Oh, well if that's the case... time to farm some XP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rithrius
30 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

In lieu of having the Kick Player option (talk about "abusable exploit")

 

Or simply do it as it is in free roam, but with a shorter time limit. Like after 20 seconds or something. "You have been deemed inactive. You will be removed in 5...4...3...2...1..."

 

 

Edited by Rithrius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan5252
Just now, saintsrow said:

In my opinion, RD Online, even at its best, won't be nearly as fun and exciting as GTA Online is.  

They are completely different games.

 

And I would say I spend 80% of my time hunting and just dicking around in online and 20% in death matches. So I wouldn't say RDO IS a PvP game. It's however you choose to play it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
26 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

 

Or simply do it as it is in free roam, but with a shorter time limit. Like after 20 seconds or something. "You have been deemed inactive. You will be removed in 5...4...3...2...1..."

 

 

That works, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.