4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HockeyMike24

Let's talk horses

Tha-Jamz
1 hour ago, JuliuszMCMXCVII said:

I don't get this either. After two weeks of massive grind I've finally went to the stables to buy myself a new horse. When I found out that the black arabian is locked behind gold bars I exited straight away. I see no point in replacing the free arabian. I could get a horse just for the looks but then I'll be frustrated with its low stats. Spending almost 900$ to get slightly better stamina with the white arabian I consider pointless too.

Same here, i really like my free Arabian and wont buy another horse for a long time.

Im playing and saving up for the Rattlesnake Vaquero saddle to get the stats up, only then i will think about a new horse.

I like everything about the free Arabian, the build, how he rides, the colors but also his spirit, a lill skitish when it comes to predators but he warnes me very soon so thats a good thing.

I named him: Arizona...

miahus

Just bought war horse, and it quickly became my favorite. Full health bar and 3/4 stamina bar at bonding level 4, it stands its ground in fire fights, a couple wolf packs actually turned and ran away from it, and a cougar was running circles around me and it never threw me off. Was really surprised to see how different it is from the free ones. 

Pocket Fox
17 minutes ago, miahus said:

Just bought war horse, and it quickly became my favorite. Full health bar and 3/4 stamina bar at bonding level 4, it stands its ground in fire fights, a couple wolf packs actually turned and ran away from it, and a cougar was running circles around me and it never threw me off. Was really surprised to see how different it is from the free ones. 

Which war horse specifically? Ardennes or Andalusian?

miahus
9 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Which war horse specifically? Ardennes or Andalusian?

Andalusian. 

ibsmokin
On 12/11/2018 at 7:31 AM, Pocket Fox said:

1: Saddle and Tack can be taken off a horse and put on another. You can have 5 horses, but 10 saddles/tack.

2: I don't know

3: Missouri Fox Trotter is better than the Arabian for most things due to temperament, but Arabian has better handling. There is no single horse that has everything maxed.

Thank god for that or everyone eventually would be riding around on the same horse. It’s bad enough on ps4 with everyone riding the chestnut Arabian. At least people will be more inclined to choose something they like rather than the horse with the best stats. I’m waiting for the silver fox trotter or the silver Turk. Unless they make money easier to get it’ll Probly be the Turk with gold. 

CaliMeatWagon
On 12/8/2018 at 4:18 AM, Ektope said:

Thank for laugh 😂

I'm torn between black arabian and that foxtrotter something horse. I prefer very fast speed and high stamina, so... but black arabian is unique. Not many have

Everybody will have that horse. Why? Because a million youtube videos are going to recommend it. 

I get that horse stats are going to be different between the breeds, but I really wish there wasn't any stat different between different coats of the same breed. We are going to end up in a situation where we will keep seeing the same horse over and over and over and over and over and over again because MrLispFTW, and kin, recommend it because the stats are narrowed that way. 

It should of been like this. 
Each breed has two sets of stats, WILD, BREED.

Horses that have been BREED have better stats then their WILD counter parts. 
Coat is purely for looks. 

This way you can get a Hungarian Halfbreed for free, but it would be sh*tty compared the purchased one, and if you want an Arabian, you won't be forced into getting the black one because black is better.

DonnieVega
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:45 AM, IamCourtney said:

As things stand now, there doesn't seem to be enough non-aesthetic differentiation between horses for me to bother replacing Crawdad, my free Arabian. His base stats are solid and I can eventually boost them with better tack. I don't really ever plan to do any serious racing so for the purposes of free roam, the benefits of a marginally faster or tougher horse don't seem worth the cost and hassle of re-bonding.

I never noticed a major difference between handling types, I don't really mind that he runs a bit when gunfire kicks off and he can carry the exact same amount of cargo as a giant workhorse double his size with no major detriments to performance.

I dunno, what am I missing here? What's the utility of a full stable? 

What's the utility of a full garage? Could it be fun? Could it be overcompensation? Could it be emptiness? Could it be love for beauty? I dunno, USE YOUR IMAGINATION GOSH!

BUT THE BENZ

it took me until rank 10 to realize that I had an pre-order arabian just waiting for me at the stable....

....will not need any other horse any time soon!

CaliMeatWagon
1 hour ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

it took me until rank 10 to realize that I had an pre-order arabian just waiting for me at the stable....

....will not need any other horse any time soon!

How do you redeem it? I pre-ordered and I don't see any free horse.

BUT THE BENZ

uhm, I just went to the stable in valentine and browsed the horses categories, checked under "superior", saw 3 horses and bought the one which surprisingly said FREE. I didn't redeem any code other than back at release

kenmy13999
41 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

uhm, I just went to the stable in valentine and browsed the horses categories, checked under "superior", saw 3 horses and bought the one which surprisingly said FREE. I didn't redeem any code other than back at release

PS4?

Talisman_83
44 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

Did you buy the Special / Ultimate Edition?  I believe you received a free horse with that.

Jason

The free Arabian is PS4 only at the moment, you don't need to have pre-ordered the game to use it I believe.

I've got the Dark Bay Turkoman (war/race hybrid) my self, top tier horse that doesn't look too flashy. Riding the silver Fox Trotter or white Arabian atm is like putting a big target on yer back saying "shoot me" at the moment I think lol.

BUT THE BENZ

yeah sorry, I'm on PS4 and I simply pre-ordered the standard edition.

kenmy13999
9 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

yeah sorry, I'm on PS4 and I simply pre-ordered the standard edition.

If it's the Arabian red chestnut or something like that, it's something all ps4 players get as a 30 days exclusive or something like that. You can also get a free saddle (might already been mentioned) 

BUT THE BENZ

yeah that's the one. oh well, FREE horse is good horse etc. free saddle eh? I guess I could have already equipped that during the tutorial...maybe!

kenmy13999

I think it's another one than the one you get in the tutorial, it's a alligator skin saddle or something like that, don't remember the name.. 

fejkb

I’m already so annoyed with free Arabian. It’s scared of literally everything. Gonna buy Black Arabian for long trips, but gonna use mostly war horse.

Dr.Rosenthal

@fejkb agreed, the Arabian is suffering from some PTSD sh*t.. gonna start calling mine Danny Whizz-Bang

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Tha-Jamz
3 hours ago, kenmy13999 said:

If it's the Arabian red chestnut or something like that, it's something all ps4 players get as a 30 days exclusive or something like that. You can also get a free saddle (might already been mentioned) 

" A total of four items will be exclusive to PS4 players in Red Dead Redemption 2, at least for some time. The Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit, which consists of a long wool-lined coat over a leather vest, will be available both in the game’s story mode on launch day and in Red Dead Online when it debuts in November.

The other three items are the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse, the Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle and the High Roller Double-Action Revolver. They will not be available until Red Dead Online goes live, although it’s not clear if players will be able to use them outside of the game’s online component. It sounds like they’ll provide some useful benefits. The steed is better than most of the wild horses roaming the world. The saddle is an “enhanced version” of the one everyone starts with in Red Dead Online. And the pistol is the fastest-firing revolver in the game. "

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/5/17940910/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-exclusive-content-online

And all info on preorder editions can be found here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60459/The-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Special-Edition-Ultimate-Edition-and-Collect

Edited by Tha-Jamz

kenmy13999

^ yep, seems like the 30 days exclusive wasn't that far off 

We Are Ninja

I bought an Ardennes.  Massive animal. But every time I call for it, it's cores are critically low. Even if I feed it, and it's cores are at 100% before I start a contact mission, they'll be critically low when the mission starts. Then I'll feed it again, end the mission at 100%, and when I respawn the cores will be critically low again...

Does anyone have any idea what TF is going on?

EDIT: It even happens after each individual cutscene within the same mission. WTF.

EDIT 2: Insurance didn't help either.

EDIT 3: Neither did a Horse Care package. My cores are red no matter what I do. -_-

https://imgur.com/a/KBt0I2f

^ Forgive me. I cannot figure out how to hotlink from IMGUR on my phone...

Edited by We Are Ninja

ibsmokin
51 minutes ago, We Are Ninja said:

I bought an Ardennes.  Massive animal. But every time I call for it, it's cores are critically low. Even if I feed it, and it's cores are at 100% before I start a contact mission, they'll be critically low when the mission starts. Then I'll feed it again, end the mission at 100%, and when I respawn the cores will be critically low again...

Does anyone have any idea what TF is going on?

EDIT: It even happens after each individual cutscene within the same mission. WTF.

EDIT 2: Insurance didn't help either.

EDIT 3: Neither did a Horse Care package. My cores are red no matter what I do. -_-

https://imgur.com/a/KBt0I2f

You may need to heal the horse by pressing left on the directional pad go to stables>Manage owned horses>Select your horse>x or a to heal. 

Bakkerbaard
13 hours ago, DonnieVega said:

I dunno, USE YOUR IMAGINATION GOSH!

If I use my imagination there's gonna be one horse, me in the other stall and three hookers in the rest.

I rode the SE grey Ardennes war horse all through story mode, I wish that was the one I got online. It's the horse equivalent of pulling up in a truck and going: "You ladies need some movin'?"

Danish Pirate

h2xOhew.jpg

Picture of my beautify, trusty 'horse'.

We Are Ninja
28 minutes ago, ibsmokin said:

You may need to heal the horse by pressing left on the directional pad go to stables>Manage owned horses>Select your horse>x or a to heal. 

I'll give it a shot. I've been at this for nearly an hour....

EDIT: No dice. I appreciate the suggestion, though. :(

Edited by We Are Ninja

Bakkerbaard
25 minutes ago, Danish Pirate said:

h2xOhew.jpg

Picture of my beautify, trusty 'horse'.

Looks suspiciously like a zebra to me.

I've tried to stall it or keep it or whatever in storymode, but it wouldn't let me. I suppose Online is no different?

Edited by Bakkerbaard

TiberiusMcQueen
4 minutes ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Looks suspiciously like a zebra to me.

I've tried to stall it or keep it or whatever in storymode, but it wouldn't let me. I suppose Online is no different?

Correct, we unfortunately can't stable them in RDO.

icefds
22 minutes ago, We Are Ninja said:

EDIT: No dice. I appreciate the suggestion, though. :(

Try this:

*While in free roam, feed your horse and restore the cores.

*Now, go to a fast travel post and use fast travel.

Does not matter where you travel to, just use the cheapest loaction.

I had the same problem and this solved it for me.

Seems like the fast travel triggers the game to save your current status or something.

We Are Ninja
21 minutes ago, icefds said:

Try this:

*While in free roam, feed your horse and restore the cores.

*Now, go to a fast travel post and use fast travel.

Does not matter where you travel to, just use the cheapest loaction.

I had the same problem and this solved it for me.

Seems like the fast travel triggers the game to save your current status or something.

I appreciate the suggestion. Did it twice. :/ Fed horse, then launched fast travel from Rhodes to Saint Denis while on horse. Horse was nearly dead when I spawned. Tried it again from Saint Denis to Rhodes, this time off horse, but with horse nearby. Same result. Horse teetering like it wants to fall over when it spawns. -_-

Edited by We Are Ninja