Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

HockeyMike24

Let's talk horses

Recommended Posts

Tha-Jamz
6 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Didn't I see a post around here somewhere of someone showing a reply they got from Rockstar saying that this was just a visual bug, that even though the game says Level 1, it's actually still at Level 4?

I wouldn't know where to look to test this.

Its not, Horse Rearing, Horse Halt, and Horse Drift stop working so that means you are really actually at lvl 1 again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sam Doe
4 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Its not, Horse Rearing, Horse Halt, and Horse Drift stop working so that means you are really actually at lvl 1 again.

It also happens to me on a regular basis in free roam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999

Not sure if coincidence or not but after I bought insurance to my horse, I haven't gotten any message that my bonding is level 1.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz
6 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Not sure if coincidence or not but after I bought insurance to my horse, I haven't gotten any message that my bonding is level 1.. 

Well lets hope thats the case, im at lvl 4 bonding again after buying the horse insurance so well see if it sticks now (i hope so !)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox
15 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Not sure if coincidence or not but after I bought insurance to my horse, I haven't gotten any message that my bonding is level 1.. 

All my horses are insured (The salesman I spoke to was very professional and courteous) but this issue still occurs. The stats do not change, but horse abilities do reset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz
13 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

All my horses are insured (The salesman I spoke to was very professional and courteous) but this issue still occurs. The stats do not change, but horse abilities do reset.

How many horses do you got ? i only got my starter horse and the Arabian.

I will discard my starter today (cant sell it...) and see if that makes any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox
5 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

How many horses do you got ? i only got my starter horse and the Arabian.

I will discard my starter today (cant sell it...) and see if that makes any difference.

Thoroughbred (Black - Ultimate Edition) - Bonding 4

Andalusian (Dark Bay) - Bonding 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz
Just now, Pocket Fox said:

Thoroughbred (Black - Ultimate Edition) - Bonding 4

Andalusian (Dark Bay) - Bonding 4

Ah okay, so it prolly wont matter sinds yours are still resetting right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox

Thoroughbred did the reset thing after bonding 4.

I can't recall about my Andalusian, either 3 or 4 it did the reset thing.

 

But if I re-launch RDRO, it remembers it is bonding 4. As I said previously, my thoroughbred once changed genders and had horse nuggets.

 

Even customising my female Andalusian in the stable, when I selected tail, suddenly she had big ol horse balls.

 

Obviously a bug, or my horses are making their own life choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz
1 hour ago, Pocket Fox said:

Thoroughbred did the reset thing after bonding 4.

I can't recall about my Andalusian, either 3 or 4 it did the reset thing.

 

But if I re-launch RDRO, it remembers it is bonding 4. As I said previously, my thoroughbred once changed genders and had horse nuggets.

 

Even customising my female Andalusian in the stable, when I selected tail, suddenly she had big ol horse balls.

 

Obviously a bug, or my horses are making their own life choices.

 

Well its defenitly something R* should look at (i mean the bonding of course) :)

Still its anoying, i use the slide stop often and i dont like it to start all over again with the bonding to get it back.

Same with the drift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
1 hour ago, Pocket Fox said:

All my horses are insured (The salesman I spoke to was very professional and courteous) but this issue still occurs. The stats do not change, but horse abilities do reset.

Well there goes that theory, though it was just a coincidence and have been waiting for the message to pop up again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz

Okay..., i just got a reply from R* customer support about the horse bonding problem.

They are aware of the problem and are working on it as we speak is what they told me.

 

Funny thing is they always reply in English and i always send in tickets in English, but this time the response was in Dutch... (my native language)

Normally i would paste their reply in this post, but im too lazy to translate it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hunterrrr
On 12/8/2018 at 8:06 AM, DrKrankenstein said:

so alligator cutter sadle is better then the simple cutter sadle?

Which version of the game allows the alligator cutter saddle for free? Or is just a PS4 exclusive? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anarquista_duval

I have the Chestnut Arabian, a mare called Maeve, an homage to the Westorld character 🤠

Surprisingly seems more emotionally stable than the white Arabian I had in SP despite the bonding keeps resetting randomly.

As soon as I can I'll get the Turkoman (Dark Bay), IMO the best horse I had in SP.

Didn't pay much attention to the saddles (have the free alligator one) but from what I read here it's worth spend some time to enhance our horse skills and stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows

I’m happy with my Ultimate edition horse and don’t think I’ll buy another horse anytime soon. Will get a Turkoman and a foxtrotter if I keep playing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DrKrankenstein
18 hours ago, Hunterrrr said:

Which version of the game allows the alligator cutter saddle for free? Or is just a PS4 exclusive? 

its part of the ps4 exclusive early acces i believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theGypsy
On 12/8/2018 at 12:10 PM, Tha-Jamz said:

Thats why its really annoying bonding is bugged and resets itself every time at random.

It keeps resetting to lvl 0 and you have to start over again, and again and etc etc.

Hope they fix that asap.

Yea, same "bug" (?) here as far as the resets go...

 

So, how does one max out the horse's stats? Just bonding and saddles? Or is there any other way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HockeyMike24
14 minutes ago, theGypsy said:

Yea, same "bug" (?) here as far as the resets go...

 

So, how does one max out the horse's stats? Just bonding and saddles? Or is there any other way?

Horse equipment like saddles and spurs will give the horse a buff in stats while equipped. While bonding will increase stats permanently.

 

I think the bug is partly fixed. I was reset to level 1 bonding. But when I left to join a new session my horse was max again. So that's something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theGypsy
12 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Horse equipment like saddles and spurs will give the horse a buff in stats while equipped. While bonding will increase stats permanently.

 

I think the bug is partly fixed. I was reset to level 1 bonding. But when I left to join a new session my horse was max again. So that's something

Thanks, that's what I figured... hopefully my bonding will be maxed still when I get on today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xGeoThumbs

I have a few questions.

 

1. Say I buy a new horse, can I just equip my already upgraded saddle on the new horse or do I have to buy all upgrades again for the new Horse?

 

2. With horse bonding and saddle upgrades improving stats, does the white Arabian max out at the same stats as the black one?

 

3. Which is better, the Arabian or the Missouri Fox Trotter in terms of having the quickest horse? In other words what is better, speed or acceleration? 

Missouri Fox Trotter: 70 speed 50 acceleration.

Arabian: 60 speed 60 acceleration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox
24 minutes ago, xGeoThumbs said:

I have a few questions.

 

1. Say I buy a new horse, can I just equip my already upgraded saddle on the new horse or do I have to buy all upgrades again for the new Horse?

 

2. With horse bonding and saddle upgrades improving stats, does the white Arabian max out at the same stats as the black one?

 

3. Which is better, the Arabian or the Missouri Fox Trotter in terms of having the quickest horse? In other words what is better, speed or acceleration? 

Missouri Fox Trotter: 70 speed 50 acceleration.

Arabian: 60 speed 60 acceleration.

1: Saddle and Tack can be taken off a horse and put on another. You can have 5 horses, but 10 saddles/tack.

2: I don't know

3: Missouri Fox Trotter is better than the Arabian for most things due to temperament, but Arabian has better handling. There is no single horse that has everything maxed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xGeoThumbs
4 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

1: Saddle and Tack can be taken off a horse and put on another. You can have 5 horses, but 10 saddles/tack.

2: I don't know

3: Missouri Fox Trotter is better than the Arabian for most things due to temperament, but Arabian has better handling. There is no single horse that has everything maxed.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

Don't know if today's update will fix this or not, but has anyone else run into these issues:

 

* For some reason--mostly last night--my (nice) PS4 early access horse kept failing to be available when I changed sessions, even after I made sure to collect it from the Valentine stable. So I ended up with the "Scrawny Nag". 😐

 

* I ran into an odd bug where the deer and turkey carcasses my horse was carrying were twisted 90 degrees horizontally and then rotated vertically 90 degrees on my horse. Very weird; thankfully, the objects stayed put, and my horse was still mobile, even though it looked awkward as heck. lol

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery

How much does the second stable spot increase the daily stable fees?

 

I'm so tempted to get my Tiger Striped Bay Mustang, but I want to know what I'm getting myself into financially first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amy Vinewood
12 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

How much does the second stable spot increase the daily stable fees?

 

I'm so tempted to get my Tiger Striped Bay Mustang, but I want to know what I'm getting myself into financially first.

Another .75/a day. I have 2 spots and pay 1.50 daily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
8 minutes ago, Amy Vinewood said:

Another .75/a day. I have 2 spots and pay 1.50 daily

That's it? Don't know why I thought it would be more. For some reason I thought it would jump to $3-$4.

 

I'm looking forward to my new horse now 😁.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TankGirl

I still am using my horse I got at start of game. He has a golden luster to him, really cute. I bonded with the lil guy so I cant sell him and I dont want to spend 100 bucks on another stall so I havent gotten my free Arabian horse yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

As things stand now, there doesn't seem to be enough non-aesthetic differentiation between horses for me to bother replacing Crawdad, my free Arabian. His base stats are solid and I can eventually boost them with better tack. I don't really ever plan to do any serious racing so for the purposes of free roam, the benefits of a marginally faster or tougher horse don't seem worth the cost and hassle of re-bonding.

 

I never noticed a major difference between handling types, I don't really mind that he runs a bit when gunfire kicks off and he can carry the exact same amount of cargo as a giant workhorse double his size with no major detriments to performance.

 

I dunno, what am I missing here? What's the utility of a full stable? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz
2 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

How much does the second stable spot increase the daily stable fees?

 

I'm so tempted to get my Tiger Striped Bay Mustang, but I want to know what I'm getting myself into financially first.

If its a empty 2nd stable the daily fee does not go up to $1.50, only when you got a 2nd horse in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuliuszMCMXCVII

I don't get this either. After two weeks of massive grind I've finally went to the stables to buy myself a new horse. When I found out that the black arabian is locked behind gold bars I exited straight away. I see no point in replacing the free arabian. I could get a horse just for the looks but then I'll be frustrated with its low stats. Spending almost 900$ to get slightly better stamina with the white arabian I consider pointless too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.