4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HockeyMike24

Let's talk horses

Magick
5 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

What options do we have online to improve the stats of the horse? In singleplayer we could add different types of equipment to make it faster and better stamina or whatever,  haven't seen the same options online but last night I saw someone with more regular horse with almost the same stats as my Arabian horse. Is that because if max bonding level? 

There's some stirrups in online that offer +1 and +2 to acceleration and speed. First one unlocks at level 18 iirc

•—•
1 minute ago, Magick said:

There's some stirrups in online that offer +1 and +2 to acceleration and speed. First one unlocks at level 18 iirc

Yeah and last one gives -50% stamina drain reduction which is pretty cool

kenmy13999
Just now, Magick said:

Okay, didn't think of level unlocks and think I'm only level 17 (I'm a noob, lol). Thanks 

xl SENTRY lx
14 hours ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Anyone purchase any horses yet? I'm curious about the benefits of the non free horses we get with various editions of the game. I'm currently weighing my options as I would like a new horse soon to stand out from the rest. Any tips would be appreciated

Race horses are very scared of predators, to be honest most are. The only horses I buy are those that I know I've used in SP. My favorite being the Mustang.

The Mustang is a multi breed. It's a Work/War. So it's stamina doesn't drain quick because it's half work. Since it's also half war, it doesn't get scared nearly as quickly as other horses.(Great for PVP or Hunting on Horseback)

•—•
7 minutes ago, xl SENTRY lx said:

Race horses are very scared of predators, to be honest most are. The only horses I buy are those that I know I've used in SP. My favorite being the Mustang.

The Mustang is a multi breed. It's a Work/War. So it's stamina doesn't drain quick because it's half work. Since it's also half war, it doesn't get scared nearly as quickly as other horses.(Great for PVP or Hunting on Horseback)

Really? Well, I'm wondering if Black Arabian are fearless as well. I don't want a scaredy cat horse that shet itself when it sees a fox. Or a wolf

Edited by Ektope

DrKrankenstein

i got a question about the free saddle we got, it says -20% stamina drain, does that mean if i equip it, my horse gets tired more easily?

•—•
1 minute ago, DrKrankenstein said:

i got a question about the free saddle we got, it says -20% stamina drain, does that mean if i equip it, my horse gets tired more easily?

Well, yeah. More than other saddles with more than -20% drain reduction

DrKrankenstein
2 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Well, yeah. More than other saddles with more than -20% drain reduction

that's what i thought, so no reason to not go with the first free saddle.

Tha-Jamz
3 minutes ago, DrKrankenstein said:

Less easily.

DrKrankenstein
4 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Less easily.

so alligator cutter sadle is better then the simple cutter sadle?

ALifeOfMisery

I won't be going down the "best horse" route in RDO.

I'm going to stick with the free Thoroughbred for a while, but I really want the Tiger Striped Bay Mustang. I know it's neither fast or practical, I just like it.

I also would really like a Missouri Fox Trotter, but can't decide between the two colours.

xl SENTRY lx
41 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Really? Well, I'm wondering if Black Arabian are fearless as well. I don't want a scaredy cat horse that shet itself when it sees a fox. Or a wolf

Arabians are scaredy horses as well. Only ones that aren't are War or Multi breed War/Work.

•—•
10 minutes ago, xl SENTRY lx said:

Arabians are scaredy horses as well. Only ones that aren't are War or Multi breed War/Work.

So what's arabian black, good for exactly? Foxtrotter is fastest and lotta stamina. War horses have lot of hp. And arabians? Idk

Tha-Jamz
39 minutes ago, DrKrankenstein said:

so alligator cutter sadle is better then the simple cutter sadle?

Sorry i dont know all stats from memory, just look at the stats, the plus and minus, if its higher numbers its better.

HockeyMike24
28 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'm going to stick with the free Thoroughbred for a while, but I really want the Tiger Striped Bay Mustang. I know it's neither fast or practical, I just like it.

I'm using the free Thoroughbred right now too and it's a great horse. I'm just seeing a lot of them so it's making me want something different.

Tha-Jamz
9 minutes ago, Ektope said:

So what's arabian black, good for exactly? Foxtrotter is fastest and lotta stamina. War horses have lot of hp. And arabians? Idk

Arabians got real good (the best) handling and are fast too.

I dont care there a bit skittish on predators, i get of my horse immediately anyways when my horse spots one and warns me.

But ill probably buy a Mustang later on sinds its a work/war horse and i used one for very long in SP.

All horses and stats in RDR2 Online:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-redemption-2/Red_Dead_Online_Horses

•—•
10 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Arabians got real good (the best) handling and are fast too.

I dont care there a bit skittish on predators, i get of my horse immediately anyways when my horse spots one and warns me.

But ill probably buy a Mustang later on sinds its a work/war horse and i used one for very long in SP.

All horses and stats in RDR2 Online:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-redemption-2/Red_Dead_Online_Horses

And what's handling, exactly? If you mean turning and changing directions left and right, my black chestnut thoroughbred does that just fine. I'm not even sure what "it's own handling" of superior, even means. I'll just have to buy one myself before 99% of the players and compare with someone's else black chestnut thoroughbred. I'm at 35.00+ Gold so... I'm close to 42.00 Gold. Then I'll tell ya what it's like.

Thanks for link. It looks like arabian black has 2x twice as much health, stamina, acceleration than my black chestnut thoroughbred. But the foxtrotter... close. Black arabian just has +10 acceleration and health than foxtrotter. But at least it's more rare

Edited by Ektope

ALifeOfMisery
13 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

I'm using the free Thoroughbred right now too and it's a great horse. I'm just seeing a lot of them so it's making me want something different.

It is, I'm already kind of attached to mine. There's just something about the Mustang that I really liked during SP, I think it might make a decent free roam horse for me as I spend most of my time up north in the snow hunting wolves, elk, eagles and owls.

Dr.Rosenthal
14 hours ago, Tha-Jamz said:

About Horses...

My bonding lvl keeps resetting at random moments, over and over again.

Sumtimes when im at lvl4 but also at lvl3 sumtimes, this is getting very annoying.

Anyone else got this bug ?

(i did send it thru feedback)

Yep, kept happening for me too with my previous horse. I’ve only had my new horse since yesterday so it hasn’t levelled up at all yet.. but from what I can tell it seems like a bug.

Tha-Jamz
24 minutes ago, Ektope said:

And what's handling, exactly? If you mean turning and changing directions left and right, my black chestnut thoroughbred does that just fine. I'm not even sure what "it's own handling" of superior, even means. I'll just have to buy one myself before 99% of the players and compare with someone's else black chestnut thoroughbred. I'm at 35.00+ Gold so... I'm close to 42.00 Gold. Then I'll tell ya what it's like.

Thanks for link. It looks like arabian black has 2x twice as much health, stamina, acceleration than my black chestnut thoroughbred. But the foxtrotter... close. Black arabian just has +10 acceleration and health than foxtrotter. But at least it's more rare

Well i prolly change horse later on, i pre ordered the UE so for now im happy with my free Chestnut Arabian horse. ( i really do like the colors)

In SP i used the Aligator (trapper) saddle because i think its the most beautiful saddle in the game (personally), its not the best saddle and u cant buy stirrups for it but i dont need the best, i get and use what i like the most.

Its also a matter of taste, like i really dont like the hooded stirrups i find them ugly and rather get less better (stats) strirrups that are to my likings.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Yep, kept happening for me too with my previous horse. I’ve only had my new horse since yesterday so it hasn’t levelled up at all yet.. but from what I can tell it seems like a bug.

Yeah it is, it happens on both my horses, hope they fix that soon.

37 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Oh and yes "handling"is exactly that, "turning and changing directions left and right", of course does a thoroughbred this just fine, but it handles different and its also a personal prefference.

I like the smaller and compact build horses over the big ones with longer legs.

Pocket Fox

Finally hit rank 36 and achieved my goal, getting the Andalusian Warhorse for MP.

And I think something is, broken. First off, I noticed they burn stamina at what seems an increased rate. Even with the UE saddle and the -25% stamina drain, the Andalusian is basically out of stamina from Valentine to the cross-roads south of Valentine where the old mystic man is in SP.  Like... wuuuuut? 

I know they have less stamina then say a UE thoroughbred, it's not the total stamina amount, it is the burn/consumption. If I give the Andalusian a full gallop it's 100 to 0 in about 20-30 seconds.

I don't recall this in SP, so I loaded my SP game with my admittedly tier 3/4 Andalusian, and the SP variant has normal stamina burn. I went from Blackwater to the Marston ranch and only used a tiny fraction of stamina.

But in MP, my tier 1 Andalusian is basically at 0% from Valentine to the first basecamp in SP... 

Bug? Deliberate? Or do horses burn less stamina and have a slower stamina drain at a higher bonding level? It's been so long now since I had a low bonded horse I forget :s

HockeyMike24
13 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Bug? Deliberate? Or do horses burn less stamina and have a slower stamina drain at a higher bonding level? It's been so long now since I had a low bonded horse I forget :s

Get it's level up. I find horses have much more stamina at level 4 bonding

Pocket Fox
5 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

I know it will have more stamina in the pool. But it's the rate it goes down is considerably higher than in SP or compared to the thorough bred :s

Like 3 taps and 3 chunks disappear. On the thoroughbred to see the same 3 chunks disappear, takes about 9-10 taps. I'm gonna keep leveling the Andalusian in online anyway, then I can directly compare to the SP version I have.

HockeyMike24
16 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

I know it will have more stamina in the pool. But it's the rate it goes down is considerably higher than in SP or compared to the thorough bred :s

Like 3 taps and 3 chunks disappear. On the thoroughbred to see the same 3 chunks disappear, takes about 9-10 taps. I'm gonna keep leveling the Andalusian in online anyway, then I can directly compare to the SP version I have.

Ah I see. Hopefully R* didn't nerf certain horses for online. Please report back when you get to max bond level

Tha-Jamz
39 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Thats why its really annoying bonding is bugged and resets itself every time at random.

It keeps resetting to lvl 0 and you have to start over again, and again and etc etc.

Hope they fix that asap.

Callahan44

I dont wanna cry about free content but it sucks 99% use the arabian on ps4,a free bolt action rifle or something else would have been better imo. It just looks really stupid atm.

Pocket Fox

Fixed my Andalusian. She was fine in SP, glitched in MP. Every tap of A(x) took a chunk of stamina.

I tried with my UE saddle -25% stamina drain and my -30% stamina drain saddle. Both times my bond 1 Andalusian blew through stamina, until boom, she hit bonding 2. 

It seems at bonding level 2, every tap of A(x) didn't take a chunk of stamina. Instead only after about 4ish taps did a tiny bit be consumed. 

Previously at the train tracks of Valentine, if she gallped east, she would be at 0 stamina at the crossroads. Now (bonding 2) at the Valentine tracks, she can gallop east and won't be at 0 stamina until the ranch with the fence is in sight.

I do also noticed a bug where under saddle stats, they are not displayed correctly. It shows my UE saddle perfect, but my new saddle shows NO stamina drain reduction, despite my stirrups having -30% drain compared to UE saddle -25%

Also, in SP, my black UE thoroughbred is now magically a chestnut tennessee walker.... and I can't sell any horses :s

Bakkerbaard
11 hours ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Thats why its really annoying bonding is bugged and resets itself every time at random.

It keeps resetting to lvl 0 and you have to start over again, and again and etc etc.

Hope they fix that asap.

Didn't I see a post around here somewhere of someone showing a reply they got from Rockstar saying that this was just a visual bug, that even though the game says Level 1, it's actually still at Level 4?

I wouldn't know where to look to test this.

Pocket Fox
7 minutes ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Didn't I see a post around here somewhere of someone showing a reply they got from Rockstar saying that this was just a visual bug, that even though the game says Level 1, it's actually still at Level 4?

I wouldn't know where to look to test this.

My thoroughbred has reset bond numerous times. Even in the SAME session. Her stats (hp/stamina) remain the same, but she loses her abilities such as rearing, skidding and strafing.

Change session and she's like 'I remember now'

Bakkerbaard

Nope, don't worry, we're still on topic. An ass is still part of the horse family 'equidae'.