3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HockeyMike24

Let's talk horses

HockeyMike24

Anyone purchase any horses yet? I'm curious about the benefits of the non free horses we get with various editions of the game. I'm currently weighing my options as I would like a new horse soon to stand out from the rest. Any tips would be appreciated

kenmy13999

If you're on ps4 you can a free Arabian horse of some kind 

HockeyMike24
11 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

If you're on ps4 you can a free Arabian horse of some kind 

Yeah, I think it's a nerfed Arabian though

kenmy13999
Just now, HockeyMike24 said:

Yeah, I think it's a nerfed Arabian though

That might be but it's a lot better than the first you get ;)

Jason

Not yet, the free Arabian on PS4 basically gives you no reason till the 50 ranks when better options start to unlock. I've been tempted to get a proper war horse but the speed/stamina of even the free Arabian is too good to pass up at the moment.

Edited by Jason

Bakkerbaard

I'm riding the free Arabian. I called it Snotrocket, because that's basically what it is. It goes real fast and then splatters all over a rock.

Granted, I tend to go off road a lot.

If I may just hijack this topic for a bit, so I don't have to clutter the place up with another post: What about selling horses? I tried a stolen horse, but no go there. Just broke a wild horse and that didn't take either.

So the game is gonna have none of that?

Edited by Bakkerbaard

Tha-Jamz
Just now, Bakkerbaard said:

I'm riding the free Arabian. I called it Snotrocket, because that's basically what it is. It goes real fast and then splatters all over a rock.

If I may just hijack this topic for a bit, so I don't have to clutter the place up with another post: What about selling horses? I tried a stolen horse, but no go there. Just broke a wild horse and that didn't take either.

Dunno if thats gonna be implemented in the future but for now we cant sell horses.

Bakkerbaard
Just now, Tha-Jamz said:

Dunno if thats gonna be implemented in the future but for now we cant sell horses.

I guess so. Thanks!

Tha-Jamz

About Horses...

My bonding lvl keeps resetting at random moments, over and over again.

Sumtimes when im at lvl4 but also at lvl3 sumtimes, this is getting very annoying.

Anyone else got this bug ?

(i did send it thru feedback)

SaturdayNight

My free arabian bucked me off and a grizzly mauled me to death, on two occassions. So i got mad and punched it, not only did my bonding level dropped but it kicked me to death too.. asshole. 

Tha-Jamz
50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not yet, the free Arabian on PS4 basically gives you no reason to till the 50 ranks when better options start to unlock. I've been tempted to get a proper war horse but I the speed/stamina of even the free Arabian is too good to pass up at the moment.

Yeah im lovin this horse, i also like the Mustang breed war/work is a very good combo, had one for a long time in SP (broke a wild one early, the white one cause i didnt like the brown colored ) untill i bought the black arabian very late in the game, after the epilogue i bought the best Arabian Horse ( Rose Grey Bay )

Just now, SaturdayNight said:

My free arabian bucked me off and a grizzly mauled me to death, on two occassions. So i got mad and punched it, not only did my bonding level dropped but it kicked me to death too.. asshole. 

So i take it you're not much of a horse lover...

AdmiralJT

I can't see myself buying another horse, the Thoroughbred from the ultimate edition has the same specs as the high dollar brindle thoroughbred and that one served me well all through single player. I was worried that a thoroughbred might be easily killed by other players but so far all of his deaths have either been his fault or mine.

dairyworker

The free arabian is doing me fine for now. Skittish as hell though, he will be replaced eventually, but not for a while cuse i am a cheap ass and have other things to buy first....

Pocket Fox
1 hour ago, Tha-Jamz said:

About Horses...

My bonding lvl keeps resetting at random moments, over and over again.

Sumtimes when im at lvl4 but also at lvl3 sumtimes, this is getting very annoying.

Anyone else got this bug ?

(i did send it thru feedback)

It's a bug. I've had my horse go to bonding level 1, a total of three times in one session.

Also, one time my horse spontaneously changed gender and had testicles. She's a mare named Ebony... So that was a weird bug.

As far as horses go, I'm grinding for level 36 so I can get the Andalusian War Horse. Good health and stamina with a good temperament.

While the UE thoroughbred is nice for speed, it's very stroppy when in combat, hunting or going long distance. So I'd like the Andalusian for combat/missions. I'd also like to get a Dutch Warmblood, but the rare coat as it'd be good for long distance rides and hunting.

I don't like the Arabians, even in SP I wanted to turn mine into dog food and glue. The turkman was great for racing, but too excitable. 

AdmiralJT
11 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

She's a mare named Ebony

Are you sure that's what it identifies as?

Tha-Jamz
Just now, Pocket Fox said:

It's a bug. I've had my horse go to bonding level 1, a total of three times in one session.

Also, one time my horse spontaneously changed gender and had testicles. She's a mare named Ebony... So that was a weird bug.

As far as horses go, I'm grinding for level 36 so I can get the Andalusian War Horse. Good health and stamina with a good temperament.

While the UE thoroughbred is nice for speed, it's very stroppy when in combat, hunting or going long distance. So I'd like the Andalusian for combat/missions. I'd also like to get a Dutch Warmblood, but the rare coat as it'd be good for long distance rides and hunting.

I don't like the Arabians, even in SP I wanted to turn mine into dog food and glue. The turkman was great for racing, but too excitable. 

I like the Arabian horse because it turns fast and control is very good, i dont mind to put some effort in it to keep him (yes its a he) under me when he's gettin skittish, it keeps me on my toes as well hahah

Also its fast (acceleration) and i really like the colors (chestnut)

In real life i'm a quarter horse person, strong legs and neck, easy going and not frightened easily ( a bit like the Mustang ingame )  ;)

We Are Ninja

Got the UE Thoroughbred. It's one of the fastest, if not the fastest thing in the game. It can get rattled, but not as easily as the Arabian. I won't be buying anything else for awhile. Not until I can get a Turkoman, anyway...

Magick

I bought the black American Standardbred for £130. It was just solely for looks initially but she's a beast. Big horse but never been caught by pursuing posses (of which there have been dozens and dozens) or anyone in a mission and she can land some pretty high jumps. Definitely earned a permanent place in stables

rebeldevil

Re: selling horses. I remember Clive saying something about bringing horses his way once he was set up. So maybe its coming later, or it unlocks at a higher level?

Bakkerbaard
26 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

In real life i'm a quarter horse person,

How does that work exactly? You have, like, three regular limbs and one horse leg?

Tha-Jamz
Just now, Bakkerbaard said:

How does that work exactly? You have, like, three regular limbs and one horse leg?

Lol yeah sumtin like that... ;)

Bakkerbaard
1 minute ago, rebeldevil said:

Re: selling horses. I remember Clive saying something about bringing horses his way once he was set up. So maybe its coming later, or it unlocks at a higher level?

Exactly. That's what he says before he shoves you off into the stable to get your horse insured. The cutscene and that which followed heavily suggested we we're going to be handing in horses like they were blue sentinels.

Tha-Jamz
Just now, rebeldevil said:

Lets hope so, i would like to tame horses and be able to sell em online.

Rithrius

Based purely on the speed/stamina/health stats, Turkoman seems to be the best balanced choice overall. I'm not sure if any other factors play into this.

7 hours ago, Tha-Jamz said:

In real life i'm a quarter horse person

7 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Sorry. I just had to.

Edited by Rithrius

Pocket Fox
49 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Based purely on the speed/stamina/health stats, Turkoman seems to be the best balanced choice overall. I'm not sure if any other factors play into this.

Turkoman is constantly stroppy is the trade off. A good race horse, if you spam 'calm horse' but for overall use it can be annoying. 

'Oh look, wolves!'

*throws you off and runs away at 350 kmph*

'bye master!'

Viciadogames

Got myself an American Paint as soon as I unlocked it. The free Arabian is a b*tch and gets scared too easily by anything.

Also, EVERYONE has it so I wanted something different.

Edited by Viciadogames

éX-Driver
8 hours ago, Magick said:

I bought the black American Standardbred for £130. It was just solely for looks initially but she's a beast. Big horse but never been caught by pursuing posses (of which there have been dozens and dozens) or anyone in a mission and she can land some pretty high jumps. Definitely earned a permanent place in stables

1899, not 1699. No pounds sterling in the US then, only the good ol’ bastard lovechild of the Spanish Real and Dutch Daalder

😜

Ektope
11 hours ago, SaturdayNight said:

Thank for laugh 😂

I'm torn between black arabian and that foxtrotter something horse. I prefer very fast speed and high stamina, so... but black arabian is unique. Not many have

DrKrankenstein
11 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

one of the first missions you have to go steal a horse wich is then given to ou for free right, well, in that conversation the davies guy tells you, you'll be able to sell STOLEN horses to him WHEN they get the stable all set up.

so there might be another dlc that ads this,to continue the storyline

kenmy13999

What options do we have online to improve the stats of the horse? In singleplayer we could add different types of equipment to make it faster and better stamina or whatever,  haven't seen the same options online but last night I saw someone with more regular horse with almost the same stats as my Arabian horse. Is that because if max bonding level?