Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

KingBen

Gambling needs to be added or online will be a failure

Recommended Posts

KingBen

Plain and simple.

 

If Rockstar doesn’t add poker, blackjack, etc. online is going to be a gigantic failure. My friends and I enjoyed gambling in single player so much. We were extremely disappointed to find it wasn’t in RDR Online. I hope Rockstar realizes it was a huge mistake and ends it when the Beta period is over.

 

For those of you who would respond “they won’t allow gambling online because they sell gold bars”...the easy solution is to only let players use cash when gambling. No gold cars allowed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faceplant8

Seems like a rather bold statement. I assume that means that you're not currently playing online, since there's nothing else to do other than gambling?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callahan44

Im sure it gets added. I hope we can play with relatively high stakes,so 100$ or something. If we can win or lose cents only it will be a thing you can play with friends only most of the time,like tennis in gta. If you play good you should be able to win a lot.

Just make it so you can buy in only once every 5 or 10mins so you cant use it to transfer money to other accounts.

Also,liars dice please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
camo_boy67

You know you actually request feature for RDR online, on the the support form for rockstar. They have a link where you can request stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows

It would be very nice, but I think it’s far down the list of important features

 

1. Freeaim lobbies

2. Friendly lobbies

3. More persistent posse features

4. More camp features

 

Those are just the four most important things to me. After than it’s more content in general and gambling is one of those things, that I would love to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

Gambling would indeed improve the experience and open up a new dimension of the Online play. I wouldn't say it's a failure without it, but I also can't see why they wouldn't add it.

 

I'm not sure I buy the argument against it (microtransactions, underage players, same arguments that've popped up against a casino in GTAO). It's not really gambling since you can't win anything. If and when you decide to convert your real money to digital currency (shark cards, gold bars), you pay for a service in the game. Whether you choose to buy a Pegassi Tezeract, a new Arabian horse or a Mauser pistol, or sit around at a poker table in the game for that money - it makes no difference.

 

I'd buy the argument if you could convert the digital currency BACK to real money, as that would without a doubt count as gambling. But as of now, whether you chose to buy an imaginary vehicle, an imaginary gun, or play an imaginary game of blackjack with the money you've bought yourself in the game, it makes no difference. But I haven't got a PhD in economics or law, so what do I know?

 

More mini-games in the game is always a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingBen
28 minutes ago, Faceplant8 said:

Seems like a rather bold statement. I assume that means that you're not currently playing online, since there's nothing else to do other than gambling?

 

 

I’m playing. I’m just not playing as much as I would be if there was gambling.

 

25 minutes ago, camo_boy67 said:

You know you actually request feature for RDR online, on the the support form for rockstar. They have a link where you can request stuff. 

 

Yup, I requested it already. I’m sure others have as well.

Edited by KingBen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IKilledMyHorseAgain

Gambling needs to be added, even if its just as a time waster and is a completely different currency to avoid any type of issue with the gambling aspect of it.  

If you are only able to buy gold when the beta is done with, and gold cant be converted to in game cash then it really shouldnt be an issue though but if there is some type of conversion for Gold to Cash, then just use a 3rd currency that only is available at the tables. For instance, you get 10$ when you sit down, you play until you have had enough and even if you win $1000, that money can only be used for gambling and serves no other purpose in the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HockeyMike24

Of course gambling would add a lot to do and be tons of fun, even if you couldn't gamble with more then 50 cents. But R* has a big list of things to do before this. That being said I'm sure it will get added. After all, it's already in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TiberiusMcQueen

I see no reason not to add it, they have a separate currency for microtransactions, so gambling games could deal strictly with in game cash rather than gold and it would solve any issues they'd have with it since real money wouldn't be involved in gambling at all. I honestly think gambling is part of the reason why we have separate currency, Rockstar probably does plan to add it at some point.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlienTwo

Give it time, mister.  As much as I want gambling myself, there are a few other things that are more important to fix, methinks.  Disconnection issues for one, by raging TB for another, graphical bugs, the wandering camp.  The fact they worked on the economy so fast is something I'm happy with.  

 

Hopefully RDRO has a long life, similar to GTA, and we have many years ahead of us with added features.  Let it ride easy, cowboy, we're in for a trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
1 hour ago, KingBen said:

Plain and simple.

 

If Rockstar doesn’t add poker, blackjack, etc. online is going to be a gigantic failure. My friends and I enjoyed gambling in single player so much. We were extremely disappointed to find it wasn’t in RDR Online. I hope Rockstar realizes it was a huge mistake and ends it when the Beta period is over.

 

For those of you who would respond “they won’t allow gambling online because they sell gold bars”...the easy solution is to only let players use cash when gambling. No gold cars allowed. 

I don't understand how you think that. It was a very minor aspect of GTA and that did quite well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

I believe it will come, and I really do want it.

 

But this game in time will be huge too, it's not make or break if they just add do much more content really. 

 

Session choice and activities to suit those, free aim challenges, friendly session challenges, missions, heists, survivals, all sorts could come to make a great game of it all really.

 

But yeah, bring it on! (Horseshoes and dice too). Game's got a gambling warning on the box, too, lol.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Money Over Bullshit

I think it's illegal for them to add gambling since the game contains (or rather will contain) microtransactions. Although its unlikely that you'd be able to bet gold bars you can still pay bought gold for items and stockpile your money for gambling which could be a problem. Obviously the best are small but they couldn't risk somebody becoming addicted to it and maxing out all their credit cards since it's not officially a gambling game - which would need to be classified adults only afaik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

I think it's illegal for them to add gambling since the game contains (or rather will contain) microtransactions. Although its unlikely that you'd be able to bet gold bars you can still pay bought gold for items and stockpile your money for gambling which could be a problem. Obviously the best are small but they couldn't risk somebody becoming addicted to it and maxing out all their credit cards since it's not officially a gambling game - which would need to be classified adults only afaik.

Only gold is MTX. And with the cash as a secondary currency, they're covered. Can only get cash by playing, and with a gambling warning on an 18 rated game, I feel they covered the basics.

 

You can only lose time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RayD70

They might as well add dartboards to the saloons too. Why not?

 

And billiards was definitely a thing.

 

I'm all for anything that gives variety and allows payers to have fun any way they choose. I even suggested to R* to add fishing derbies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theEwing1979

I can't read these posts about gambling. I just get super pissed off when someone (inevitably) states that gambling can't be added due to gambling laws. It's absolute nonsense. If you can't cash out game currency for real money.... It's not gambling. If you disagree with me then you don't understand gambling. And you're wrong.

 

I'll comment. But I refuse to read any of the posts bar the OP. 

 

I'm out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kushnstien

Hopefully we get a gambling DLC. With new clothing, hairstyles, etc. to go along with gambling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlienTwo
1 minute ago, theEwing1979 said:

I can't read these posts about gambling. I just get super pissed off when someone (inevitably) states that gambling can't be added due to gambling laws. It's absolute nonsense. If you can't cash out game currency for real money.... It's not gambling. If you disagree with me then you don't understand gambling. And you're wrong.

 

I'll comment. But I refuse to read any of the posts bar the OP. 

 

I'm out. 

Gambling isn't just about cashing out... the laws are designed to protect people from paying too much into in, not to keep people from cashing out.

 

But, as you stated, you aren't going to read this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theEwing1979
On 12/7/2018 at 5:20 PM, AlienTwo said:

Gambling isn't just about cashing out... the laws are designed to protect people from paying too much into in, not to keep people from cashing out.

 

But, as you stated, you aren't going to read this.

Since you quoted me, I'll reply. 

 

You state gambling isn't just about cashing out. That is the most laughable comment I've read on one of these threads. Ever. The whole point of gambling is what? To win money. 

Edited by theEwing1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlienTwo
5 minutes ago, theEwing1979 said:

Since you quoted me, I'll reply. 

 

You state gaming isn't just about cashing out. That is the most laughable comment I've read on one of these threads. Ever. The whole point of gambling is what? To win money. 

I'm not referring to the end-user, but even for said end-user, as much as winning the money is a big deal, many people gamble, play cards, dice, etc, for the fun of the activity itself.  Back to my original point, all the *protections* around gambling aren't based around ensuring that the gamblers themselves get money.  The casinos, online or otherwise, are fine with paying (because the odds are forever in the houses favor) and would actually prefer more leverage to help bring in more people, rather the protections are set up to try and curb the addiction and the hemorrhaging of money from the user themselves.  

 

As we all know, people will put insane amounts of money into their digital lives; avatar, clothes, vehicles, weapons, etc... but there is a guaranteed output from said input. Adding gambling removes this certainty and allows people to pay real life money for the risk of losing it.  That's where the laws come it, to make sure people who are underage aren't using their folk's money, or aren't getting addicted to the activity before they are old enough (in the eyes of the law) to understand the risk of paying for potentially nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lennymuhboi

Hanging out in Valentine skinning pigs is a gamble. Do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingBen
33 minutes ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

I think it's illegal for them to add gambling since the game contains (or rather will contain) microtransactions. Although its unlikely that you'd be able to bet gold bars you can still pay bought gold for items and stockpile your money for gambling which could be a problem. Obviously the best are small but they couldn't risk somebody becoming addicted to it and maxing out all their credit cards since it's not officially a gambling game - which would need to be classified adults only afaik.

 

This is exactly why it won’t be an issue. If you can’t purchase in game money with your real money then there’s nothing illegal about it. Nothing wrong with stockpiling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaigeGames
2 hours ago, KingBen said:

Plain and simple.

 

If Rockstar doesn’t add poker, blackjack, etc. online is going to be a gigantic failure. My friends and I enjoyed gambling in single player so much. We were extremely disappointed to find it wasn’t in RDR Online. I hope Rockstar realizes it was a huge mistake and ends it when the Beta period is over.

 

For those of you who would respond “they won’t allow gambling online because they sell gold bars”...the easy solution is to only let players use cash when gambling. No gold cars allowed. 

While I don't necessarily think the game will be a failure without it, I do agree that it needs to be added. I'm fairly certain it will, and I think that's why Rockstar came up with a separate currency. If you can only use cash to play mini games then you can't use real money for in game gambling. I think Rockstar created a separate currency to protect themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
9 minutes ago, AlienTwo said:

  

 

As we all know, people will put insane amounts of money into their digital lives; avatar, clothes, vehicles, weapons, etc... but there is a guaranteed output from said input. Adding gambling removes this certainty and allows people to pay real life money for the risk of losing it.  

So there's no risk of losing avatar, clothes, vehicles, weapons, etc? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DreadedSilverback

I imagine rockstar is just figuring out a way to implement gambling without breaking the system but given how many people are probably spamming the suggestion box with gambling (myself included) I would be highly unlikely and incredibly stupid for rockstar to not implement it at some point but especially give how little content is in RDRO it would stand to reason that rockstar can't give that much money as people will easily scoop up said limited content (sidenote: this is currently rockstars failing and if they are smart this should be high on the list of things to fix behind mechanical tweaks and the numerous bug fixes) All of this said I do believe gambling and those kinds of side activities make the world feel more open and alive which is something that GTAO and the current RDRO both suffer from greatly both feel like dead hollowed out shells of there campaigns which is unfortunate. 

6 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

So there's no risk of losing avatar, clothes, vehicles, weapons, etc? 

obviously not but personally and this might be a minority opinion the ability to put your horse or some such as collateral in a card game might be fun , that being said imagine it would also be very easy to use that to game the system so doubt it would actually get implemented

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlienTwo
8 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

So there's no risk of losing avatar, clothes, vehicles, weapons, etc? 

Not that I'm aware of... if you're talking about via some glitch, that would not be as designed and their are methods to work to fix the defect.  Everything in life carries some risk, but gambling is specifically designed to *be* a risk and there is no reason to contact support if you had a bad day playing cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fugitive21
3 hours ago, theEwing1979 said:

I can't read these posts about gambling. I just get super pissed off when someone (inevitably) states that gambling can't be added due to gambling laws. It's absolute nonsense. If you can't cash out game currency for real money.... It's not gambling. If you disagree with me then you don't understand gambling. And you're wrong.

 

I'll comment. But I refuse to read any of the posts bar the OP. 

 

I'm out. 

Some county's dont care. Its the gambling aspect of RL cash buying items that convert to in game cash. If they at one point allow gold bars to convert to in game cash its considered gambling. This subject is even gone over if you go though college classes for computer game coding or animation. Well at least mine did.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz
4 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Gambling would indeed improve the experience and open up a new dimension of the Online play. I wouldn't say it's a failure without it, but I also can't see why they wouldn't add it.

 

I'm not sure I buy the argument against it (microtransactions, underage players, same arguments that've popped up against a casino in GTAO). It's not really gambling since you can't win anything. If and when you decide to convert your real money to digital currency (shark cards, gold bars), you pay for a service in the game. Whether you choose to buy a Pegassi Tezeract, a new Arabian horse or a Mauser pistol, or sit around at a poker table in the game for that money - it makes no difference.

 

I'd buy the argument if you could convert the digital currency BACK to real money, as that would without a doubt count as gambling. But as of now, whether you chose to buy an imaginary vehicle, an imaginary gun, or play an imaginary game of blackjack with the money you've bought yourself in the game, it makes no difference. But I haven't got a PhD in economics or law, so what do I know?

 

More mini-games in the game is always a good thing.

Well they didnt replace the gambling tables with regular furniture/tables or something, the poker table is still in the saloon in Valentine, just no game yet...

I believe it will return/ be added later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo

Terrible that its not included, but the current climate does not really allow for gambling in this game.  Its bad enough with all the political correctness issues.  Gambling in games is getting serious considerations from the authorities all over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.