Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

ShayD

change gun metal with cash

Recommended Posts

ShayD

So far customising metal on your guns costs 1-3 gold bar per piece, and can go as much as 20 gold bars. This is locked behind a paywall and is a sneaky move by R*. We need a change to this by flooding R* with complaints. Any Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
17 minutes ago, ShayD said:

So far customising metal on your guns costs 1-3 gold bar per piece, and can go as much as 20 gold bars. This is locked behind a paywall and is a sneaky move by R*. We need a change to this by flooding R* with complaints. Any Thoughts?

Why? It’s just customization and they want to earn money on something, so it’s fine they take the approach of customization as the focus of micro transactions. There is nothing sneak about it either, they have said that this will be their policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShayD
Just now, Gallows said:

Why? It’s just customization and they want to earn money on something, so it’s fine they take the approach of customization as the focus of micro transactions. There is nothing sneak about it either, they have said that this will be their policy.

But it should still be purchaseable with cash, even if they made it expensive like 20-30 dollars per piece. It seems unfair to lock a feature behind MTX, even if they made it a flat rate of 3-5 gold bars to customize wether you change 1 piece or all pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
5 hours ago, ShayD said:

But it should still be purchaseable with cash, even if they made it expensive like 20-30 dollars per piece. It seems unfair to lock a feature behind MTX, even if they made it a flat rate of 3-5 gold bars to customize wether you change 1 piece or all pieces.

Says who? What does fair have to do with it? It does in no way influence gameplay or balance, so nothing is unfair in terms of gameplay.

 

It's not fair that some people can afford the ultimate edition and some can't, while others can afford the OneX and others not. Some may have a better TV. Unfair? Life is unfair, and the only thing you can do is chin up.

 

It would be unfair if you could buy a portable gattling pistol for cash that was the best weapon, from a gameplay balance perspective. Nothing about the gun metals influence gameplay however.

 

Is it unfair that someone has better looking guns than you? No it is not.

Edited by Gallows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billythekid69

How do I unlock the gold colour its grayed out? I got 25 gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rithrius

Thing is, if we want them to make cosmetic customizations available with in-game cash, they'll just shoehorn mictrotransactions in elsewhere, and i'd rather have Rockstar keep that crap in cosmetic options as much as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShayD
36 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Says who? What does fair have to do with it? It does in no way influence gameplay or balance, so nothing is unfair in terms of gameplay.

 

It's not fair that some people can affort the ultimate edition and some can't, while others can afford the OneX and others not. Some may have a better TV. Unfair? Life is unfair, and the only thing you can do is chin up.

 

It would be unfair if you could buy a portable gattling pistol for cash that was the best weapon, from a gameplay balance perspective. Nothing about the gun metals influence gameplay however.

 

Is it unfair that someone has better looking guns than you? No it is not.

I mean I have a psPro bought ult. edition and play on a 4k screen but im not gonna spend extra money bc I'd like to change my gun color, its just a cheap trick by R* locking something behind a paywall. People who support MTX are the reson so many games are like this. It would be better if it was purchasable with gold as well as cash in game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox

20-30 dollars per gun metal is still cheap! A few gold is perfectly acceptable for cosmetic customisation like this. I'm actually surprised that I could use cash to give my colt peacemakers a brass and gold finish to their engravings.

 

We really need to know how much gold bars will cost for real world money before providing feedback on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rithrius
1 minute ago, ShayD said:

People who support MTX are the reason so many games are like this.

It would be better if it was purchasable with gold as well as cash in game

Except that games are now like this, and if they keep microtransactions to cosmetic options only, that's the best deal you're gonna get right now. Instead of praying they let you buy that sh*t with in-game cash, you better start praying they don't add any gold-only weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RayD70

If guns/gear/perks/horses/haircuts can be purchased optionally with gold, gun cosmetics should have the option for cash. Whatever the exchange rate may be.

Edited by RayD70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShayD
Just now, RayD70 said:

If gear/perks/horses/haircuts can be purchased optionally with gold, gun cosmetics should have the option for cash. Whatever the exchange rate may be.

This is exactly my point. Nobody else seems to understand that you can be level 1 and buy the best horses and guns with gold but cant buy cosmetics for cash? pardon me fellers but thats BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paddymcg

I have absolutely no issue with gun metal costing gold bars.

 

I'm happy for the vein people to waste real money on utterly useless cosmetics, nobody gives a sh*t what your guns look like.

 

My issue is with gold being used to bypass rank unlocks to buy non cosmetic items, that is a blatant pay to win mechanic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
30 minutes ago, ShayD said:

I mean I have a psPro bought ult. edition and play on a 4k screen but im not gonna spend extra money bc I'd like to change my gun color, its just a cheap trick by R* locking something behind a paywall. People who support MTX are the reson so many games are like this. It would be better if it was purchasable with gold as well as cash in game

Every trick to sell something may be considered cheap. The short answer is you do not need it to be competitive, but if you want it - pay. That’s how the world works. So far they seem sensible enough to keep MTA to cosmetic items, which is great.

 

Let me tell you a secret - Life is behind a paywall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iddqdvie

i‘d rather have some cosmetics locked behind microtransactions than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kushnstien

Only the Gold metal option should've been locked behind Gold bars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedster

I would have no issue with it, if it was gold for cosmentics only, which is not (at least was last time I've played) with horses and guns shortcuts. Also I don't see any reason for two currencies in game since the gamble minigames are not present in online, seems to me that only reason is that they can stuff the MTX right down out throats. IMO everything should be purchasable with both Cash and Gold, but what ever... ain't gonna play online until there are PvE and free aim servers anyway...

 

Edited by Jedster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
5 minutes ago, Jedster said:

I would have no issue with it, if it was gold for cosmentics only, which is not (at least was last time I've played) with horses and guns shortcuts. Also I don't see any reason for two currencies in game since the gamble minigames are not present in online, seems to me that only reason is that they can stuff the MTX right down out throats. IMO everything should be purchasable with both Cash and Gold, but what ever... ain't gonna play online until there are PvE and free aim servers anyway...

 

Of course. Microtransactions are not going away as long as there is a market. It is not the fault of R* that there is a market for it. I am happy that you can’t buy anything gameplay related with gold that you can’t buy with dollars. That’s the balance that makes sense and allows them to earn money from microtransactions without offering exclusively items that affect gameplay.

 

You want them to drop microtransactions entirely? Not going to happen.

 

I do agree that horse insurance is a bit annoying, especially because it doesn’t seem to be that valuable. But then again, that also means you can easily live without it.

 

Don’t worry about it. If they keep it

at this level, you will never have to buy gold bars TP enjoy the game.

 

I agree that without Freeaim lobbies, everything else is irrelevant. While I don’t intend to play on PvE servers, O do recognize the need for them, especially to avoid the horrible passive mode.

 

But don’t worry about microtransactions as they are implemented now. It’s a waste of time 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedster
25 minutes ago, Gallows said:

I am happy that you can’t buy anything gameplay related with gold that you can’t buy with dollars. That’s the balance that makes sense and allows them to earn money from microtransactions without offering exclusively items that affect gameplay.

 

Well, my point was that there are (or was last time I've played) exclusive gold items like Arabian horse only for gold... And R* said it will be cosmetics only, so lies right there... Either way, as I said in different thread, MTX are last bothering issue with online part for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShayD
1 hour ago, iddqdvie said:

i‘d rather have some cosmetics locked behind microtransactions than anything else.

But you can buy almost any guns in the game IIRC with gold from very early on, so its not just cosmetics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fatsanchez

It would cost 30 gold to recreate my SP Bolt-Action in Online (not counting the 'wood colouring'). With the 15 gold we got from R* yesterday I now have 17. Damn.

 

But apart from that I actually like the way they handled the gold bars thing. Specially that no weapon is required gold to purchase, at least.

I think some items should have the option to be bought with money as well (thinking about the Duster Coat, the Bolero Hat, specially the Bolero Hat).

And the horses that need gold, there is always another coat that can be bought with cash IIRC (I remember the Fox Trotter having one coat that sells for gold and another one that sells for $950, I figure that must be the same for the other horses).

I dunno, I just think it could have been much, much worse. Not that it would justify a grindy economy, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iddqdvie
57 minutes ago, ShayD said:

But you can buy almost any guns in the game IIRC with gold from very early on, so its not just cosmetics.

true! but they are not locked behind payonly. the cosmetics are pay only, or?

 

i consider gold as pay only even tough you can farm them ingame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShayD
4 minutes ago, iddqdvie said:

true! but they are not locked behind payonly. the cosmetics are pay only, or?

 

i consider gold as pay only even tough you can farm them ingame

Yeah I would consider gold pay only too, as the in game gold rewards are very low, still better than nothing though. 

 

I JUST WANT TO MAKE MY BOLT ACTION IRON R* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HockeyMike24

Gold techanically isn't a pay wall since it can be earned. Relatively easy to earn then I first thought too, but the grind is real

 

Right now it's not too bad. I'm more worried about future updates... Watch the LeMat revolver be 100 gold bars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callahan44

You gotta buy each part? Its not enough to buy eg gold once and make all parts gold? Thats insane...guess my weapons will keep their default look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlienTwo

I fully support their decision to lock some aesthetic changes and options behind a paywall.  They designed this game to bring income in, and they are going to make some things only purchasable with their microtransaction-systems, no way around that.  Much better it be useless cosmetics than vital an necessary things like weapons, insurance or the like.  

 

I'm not sure how the quality of your TV or the pro-ness of your system helps to bolster the opinion that they should be purchasable with in-game cash... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShayD
10 minutes ago, AlienTwo said:

I fully support their decision to lock some aesthetic changes and options behind a paywall.  They designed this game to bring income in, and they are going to make some things only purchasable with their microtransaction-systems, no way around that.  Much better it be useless cosmetics than vital an necessary things like weapons, insurance or the like.  

 

I'm not sure how the quality of your TV or the pro-ness of your system helps to bolster the opinion that they should be purchasable with in-game cash... 

 

 

because someone made the point that some people dont have good tv's or good systems to play on, my point was i have that stuff and I'm still expected to buy stuff in a game I already paid 100 euro for, to have access to a base game fetaure. Its ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callahan44
12 minutes ago, AlienTwo said:

I fully support their decision to lock some aesthetic changes and options behind a paywall.  They designed this game to bring income in, and they are going to make some things only purchasable with their microtransaction-systems, no way around that.  Much better it be useless cosmetics than vital an necessary things like weapons, insurance or the like.  

 

I'm not sure how the quality of your TV or the pro-ness of your system helps to bolster the opinion that they should be purchasable with in-game cash... 

 

 

 

Generally youre not wrong,but it feels fishy you gotta buy stuff with gold thats worth like nothing in the maingame. Add new colors and let us buy them with gold only...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShayD
16 minutes ago, Callahan44 said:

You gotta buy each part? Its not enough to buy eg gold once and make all parts gold? Thats insane...guess my weapons will keep their default look.

Yeah each specific part adds to the gold cost. Minimun of 1g per piece up to 3g per piece for gold metal finish IIRC. with 6-7 pieces on some rifles it could be upwards of 20 gold to customise your weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlienTwo

That doesn't change anything, it's useless cosmetics.  Honestly, would you prefer needing the gold to buy the better rifles, the ability cards or the fishing accessories and having the color of your guns, the style of your boots and the design of your saddle be locked behind real life money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
16 minutes ago, AlienTwo said:

I fully support their decision to lock some aesthetic changes and options behind a paywall.  They designed this game to bring income in, and they are going to make some things only purchasable with their microtransaction-systems, no way around that.  Much better it be useless cosmetics than vital an necessary things like weapons, insurance or the like.  

 

I'm not sure how the quality of your TV or the pro-ness of your system helps to bolster the opinion that they should be purchasable with in-game cash... 

 

 

Everyone hates micro transactions, but it is also an incentive for the Company to keep supporting the game. It’s not just bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.