Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fejkb

What are you going to buy with gold bars?

fejkb

There is a topic about cash and R* gave us 15 gold bars, so there is one question. What are you going to buy with it?

TheLordMarvel

Rifleman gloves!! ūüėõ

Callahan44

Nothing. I act like they dont exist.

Samzzer
1 minute ago, Callahan44 said:

Nothing. I act like they dont exist.

Same here mate.

Until we don't know of the full spectrum of the game I am not spending a dime of it because I do not know what we'll be able to buy or not with it.

Wait & See

E‚ÄĘMO‚ÄĘTION

Aside from the one female haircut that can only be purchased with gold bars, nothing.

HockeyMike24

I'm also in the nothing camp. I'm sure I'll be tempted, but it looks like this will be the buyable currency which would be best to hold on to for future updates. 

dairyworker

I am gonna try to not ever spend gold in this game, out of spite.

it really does make me sick that they locked many things to gold only. Nice try to get people who didn't fall for shart cards to spend this time. Not me, not ever, i hope

eyman

I NEED to unlock that¬†Bison Duster Coat. I promise you once I buy it, I will¬†never take it off.¬†Not even in the desert as¬†I will¬†happily die of heat, than¬†take it off. I got my gold ready¬†ūüė䬆now I¬†need to get to¬†Rank¬†92¬†ūüė•

only 71 more, so help me god.

Edited by eyman

Shadowfennekin

Nothing, I'm not spending gold unless I absolutely have to.

I refused to buy a stupid lure and I'm glad I didn't. f*ck fishing in all honesty, I don't find it enjoyable f*cking up my right control stick

Nyraider77

I want a pair of rifleman gloves as well. Pretty annoying there only available with gold bars. But I’ll resist and hold on to my gold to see what comes up 

eyman
16 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Nothing, I'm not spending gold unless I absolutely have to.

I refused to buy a stupid lure and I'm glad I didn't. f*ck fishing in all honesty, I don't find it enjoyable f*cking up my right control stick

Honestly you should have seen my face when a fish snapped my string and my lure was gone. I can tell you now I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. 

That gold bar took me ages to get.

Edited by eyman

Tha-Jamz

Dunno yet, lets see how the rest of the game will developed first, im saving up for now, money and gold.

But if the game gets really good and i like it who knows...?

Gaming is one of my hobby's so if i really like and enjoy a game i have no problem with supporting it a bit.

Depends on how it turns out.

Hobby's cost money and my other hobby is much more expensive ! (photography)

Well see...

Lonely-Martin

Yeah, I'm not keen on the system at all.

I'm gonna see if ranking up goes well over the weekend, I may buy the fishing lures as I know fishing as a whole will offer me much joy, but that's all I'm considering. If I rank up decent, I'll definitely hold out and buy them, especially as reading above that we can lose lures. (If I remember right, we don't in story mode, not 100% as I can't remember, lol. I'll check tomorrow though).

Kemasus

I looked at everything I need and what I need maxes out at Level 25. Not much requires gold that I dont already have so Ill say weapon mods...I think Ive seen a few gold requirements in there

Shadowfennekin
22 minutes ago, eyman said:

Honestly you should have seen my face when a fish snapped my string and my lure was gone. I can tell you now I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. 

That gold bar took me ages to get.

Mhm! Exactly why I didn't do it, it took forever to get a gold bar why would I waste it?

Especially considering those things cost THREE bucks! I'd rather rank up and buy them with cash

CaliMeatWagon

Some new teeth and some fuel to get the train up to 88 miles per hour. 

Ektope
19 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Mhm! Exactly why I didn't do it, it took forever to get a gold bar why would I waste it?

Especially considering those things cost THREE bucks! I'd rather rank up and buy them with cash

Good choice. You get Special River Lure, Special Swamp Lure and Special Lake Lure at Level 41. They cost $20.00 each. I don't understand the mentality of buying them with 1.00 Gold. It's pretty easy to level up in this game anyway.

I'm saving for Arabian Black Horse.

I don't understand what's the deal with Rifleman Gloves.

Edited by Ektope

eyman
8 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Good choice. You get Special River Lure, Special Swamp Lure and Special Lake Lure at Level 41. They cost $20.00 each. I don't understand the mentality of buying them with 1.00 Gold. It's pretty easy to level up in this game anyway.

I had a gut feeling that those fish prices weren't going to last forever and making fish try and commit suicide by swimming to shore was making me feel bad. So I thought buying lure with gold was a good investment (tbh I made $1,000), but when that line snapped I haven't gone fishing since.

Edited by eyman

Ektope
Just now, eyman said:

I had a gut feeling that those fish prices weren't going to last forever and making fish try and commit suicide by swimming to shore was making me feel bad. So I thought it was a good investment (tbh I made $1,000), but when that line snapped I haven't gone fishing since.

Your line would snap because you may have reeled while the fish was struggling. It's very easy to avoid that mistake.

fejkb

Tbh I was checking out everything and it's impossible to pay with gold for high lvl horses without unlocking them in the first place. Most clothes I would buy unlock at 20-25lvl (except for one coat). The only thing I thought about was customizing Volcanic pistol the way I did in sp (all black with golden trigger and sight + engraved scorpio on pearl handle), but it seems so expensive and provides nothing expect for cosmetic change. I thought you guys found something useful (lures might not be that good after R* nerfed fishing).

eyman
5 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Your line would snap because you may have reeled while the fish was struggling. It's very easy to avoid that mistake.

What happened was I put my lure just infront of shore and slowly reeled in, suddenly a catfish came in took my bait and made a quick left turn behind a rock, causing my line to snap.

I turned the game off immediately to stop it from saving but the damage was done. In case your wondering im not a fan of catfish

Edited by eyman

Ektope
8 minutes ago, eyman said:

What happened was I put my lure just infront of shore and slowly reeled in, suddenly a catfish came in took my bait and made a quick left turn behind a rock, snapping my line.

I turned the game off immediately to stop it from saving but the damage was done.

I'll keep that in mind. I usually fish without obstacles like rocks surrounding me.

11 minutes ago, fejkb said:

Tbh I was checking out everything and it's impossible to pay with gold for high lvl horses without unlocking them in the first place. Most clothes I would buy unlock at 20-25lvl (except for one coat). The only thing I thought about was customizing Volcanic pistol the way I did in sp (all black with golden trigger and sight + engraved scorpio on pearl handle), but it seems so expensive and provides nothing expect for cosmetic change. I thought you guys found something useful (lures might not be that good after R* nerfed fishing).

I wouldn't bother with gun cosmetics. There is this leather strap thing that goes on the stock and I think that's just cosmetic as well. About the horse, I'm already way past and near Level 100. I'd just grind Series Large until I got enough Gold. At the moment, I have 28.96 Gold and Arabian's like 50.00 or 60.00, I think. I hear good stuff about that one. I'm not sure if it's really faster or much better than my Thoroughbred Black Chestnut.

Edited by Ektope

RayD70
1 hour ago, Ektope said:

I'll keep that in mind. I usually fish without obstacles like rocks surrounding me.

I wouldn't bother with gun cosmetics. There is this leather strap thing that goes on the stock and I think that's just cosmetic as well. About the horse, I'm already way past and near Level 100. I'd just grind Series Large until I got enough Gold. At the moment, I have 28.96 Gold and Arabian's like 50.00 or 60.00, I think. I hear good stuff about that one. I'm not sure if it's really faster or much better than my Thoroughbred Black Chestnut.

The leather wrap on guns slows their degradation. They do have a function.

It's silly the rest of gun cosmetics cost so much gold.

ibsmokin
3 hours ago, fejkb said:

Which coat? I really want the leather duster. And the Hagen coat

joedelta

Those who were complaining about the economy shouldn't spend them. You were preaching how evil and shady Rockstar was, so don't cave in. Lol

Broblab

*thinking emoji*

horse insurance.

TiberiusMcQueen
1 minute ago, Broblab said:

*thinking emoji*

horse insurance.

horse insurance is no longer tied to gold bars after the changes today.

Broblab
1 minute ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

horse insurance is no longer tied to gold bars after the changes today.

oh sh*t.

okay uh..

idk then! \o/

maybe a new pone.

maybe gun colors.

idk. we will see.

Edited by Broblab

Gray-Hand

Rifleman gloves.  Can’t believe they are gold only.

redamed9292

Don't know what i will do with gold but with the money i already have and the plus i want the best horse in the game, the Missouri Fox Trotter , a gun & a fishing rod