3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jason

Red Dead Online Beta - Week 1 Update

Jason

There's evidence of player created missions/modes from I think the app and the font leak too, so yea, those will be coming I'd bet.

IamCourtney
1 hour ago, Golgotha666 said:

God, I hope not. That sh*t was D.O.A. when it came out in GTAO. 

There has always been a lot of great stuff coming out of the GTAO creator, the problem is that R* abandoned any form of curation years ago and all the good stuff got buried under a mountain of 999999999 RP $$$9999999999$$$ trash.

If you weren't looking for a very specific created level, you basically had to filter by only R* created content in order to get anything worth playing. It's a damn shame really...

Golgotha666
1 hour ago, IamCourtney said:

There has always been a lot of great stuff coming out of the GTAO creator, the problem is that R* abandoned any form of curation years ago and all the good stuff got buried under a mountain of 999999999 RP $$$9999999999$$$ trash.

If you weren't looking for a very specific created level, you basically had to filter by only R* created content in order to get anything worth playing. It's a damn shame really...

I feel you on that. Lots of hidden gems created by users. You have to pull teeth to find it, but its out there. It just adds to the bloat of the game, unfortunately. There are so many game modes in GTAO that end up dead 2 weeks after release. Map editor was the same. Everyone played Jumps, Jumps, Jumps for 2 weeks and then moved on once the next game mode came out. Just don't want that to happen to RDO...........

Edited by Golgotha666
Grammatical error

anarquista_duval

Is the reward for last mission (the one in the Fort) capped somehow?

It was the first time playing it, started with 12,96 gold bars + 932,62 cash and ended up with exactly 13,00 gold bars and 1000,00 cash 🙄

HockeyMike24

I wonder if we'll get some kind of christmas update. Nothing extravagant, just snow in more regions or something like that. Maybe they'll do something small or just wait until next year when the game is more stable 

IamCourtney

"Cripps has prepared a Festive Surprise for you back at camp, which he has moved to northern Ambarino, in keeping with the desired aesthetic he's going for."

TiberiusMcQueen

Free red Bison duster coat

ALifeOfMisery
26 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

"Cripps has prepared a Festive Surprise for you back at camp, which he has moved to northern Ambarino, in keeping with the desired aesthetic he's going for."

I wish he'd move my camp to northern Ambarino.

Jason

Week 2 update tomorrow then? They've been completely silent on changes/additions despite the patch.

IamCourtney

Hope so, need new things to do. Ones that don't frig up what we already have, preferably :)

DrKrankenstein
15 hours ago, Jason said:

Week 2 update tomorrow then? They've been completely silent on changes/additions despite the patch.

or was week 2 the 1.4 patch?

Bully2comingsoon
40 minutes ago, DrKrankenstein said:

or was week 2 the 1.4 patch?

The newswire from the first update read like it would be more than 1 this week 

Edited by Bully2comingsoon

DrKrankenstein
8 minutes ago, Bully2comingsoon said:

The newswire from the first update read like it would be more than 1 this week 

that's what i first thought, but nothing yet has me thinking. or is it still early?

Jason

Another patch, version 1.05, 830mb.

Da Elite Ninjah

1300 MB here on Xbox.

i see no patch notes on the site

Jason

Two patches in 2 days, slow release of the patch notes, no communication regarding RDO issues (bugs, issues, lobbies, etc). The regular communication during RDO's launch week was a one off, then?

I know Rockstar are big on this whole secrecy thing but keeping your playerbase in the dark only hurts the game.

Boozey St John
28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Two patches in 2 days, slow release of the patch notes, no communication regarding RDO issues (bugs, issues, lobbies, etc). The regular communication during RDO's launch week was a one off, then?

I know Rockstar are big on this whole secrecy thing but keeping your playerbase in the dark only hurts the game.

Especially when your game revolves around MTX. R* should be very open with the players.

Jason

Mhm, info about gold bars, how they work, the current issues with them (they're meant to be cosmetic only but they're not) is strongly needed too. Just dropping them on players has the potential to be a disaster.

I mean, this is the games launch month, I know it's the holidays and I know they probably had a well earned vacation after RDR2's release but Jesus man, their communication is still shocking. That's the one thing above all I had hoped they learned from GTAO but it seems not.

Faceplant8
22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mhm, info about gold bars, how they work, the current issues with them (they're meant to be cosmetic only but they're not) is strongly needed too. Just dropping them on players has the potential to be a disaster.

I mean, this is the games launch month, I know it's the holidays and I know they probably had a well earned vacation after RDR2's release but Jesus man, their communication is still shocking. That's the one thing above all I had hoped they learned from GTAO but it seems not.

What's the issue with gold bars? You earn them, you can buy/upgrade stuff with them, and you might be able to use real money to purchase them in the future. What else do you need to know?

Jason
1 minute ago, Faceplant8 said:

What's the issue with gold bars? You earn them, you can buy/upgrade stuff with them, and you might be able to use real money to purchase them in the future. What else do you need to know?

1) They nerfed challenge resets back down to 0.05 nuggets from 0.20 with zero communication to explain why.

2) They said cosmetics and camp decorations are the only things purchasable with gold bars, but you can buy guns with them and there's also horses that are straight up upgrades compared to cash only horses within the same breed.

3) Locking certain things behind gold bars only, such as gun metal customisation, and it can be as high as 10-15 bars to fully recolour the metal on your gun, that's a lot of grinding with the current earn rates to customise one single gun.

I don't personally have a big problem with locking cosmetics behind gold bars as long as you can't buy power but the gun/horse issue needs explaining, as right now bars aren't for cosmetics only.

Also, the big question, the price of these gold bars when we can buy them. Some of the horses are 30-40+ bars, how much is that gonna cost in real world money?

Faceplant8
1 hour ago, Jason said:

1) They nerfed challenge resets back down to 0.05 nuggets from 0.20 with zero communication to explain why.

2) They said cosmetics and camp decorations are the only things purchasable with gold bars, but you can buy guns with them and there's also horses that are straight up upgrades compared to cash only horses within the same breed.

3) Locking certain things behind gold bars only, such as gun metal customisation, and it can be as high as 10-15 bars to fully recolour the metal on your gun, that's a lot of grinding with the current earn rates to customise one single gun.

I don't personally have a big problem with locking cosmetics behind gold bars as long as you can't buy power but the gun/horse issue needs explaining, as right now bars aren't for cosmetics only.

Also, the big question, the price of these gold bars when we can buy them. Some of the horses are 30-40+ bars, how much is that gonna cost in real world money?

Do you really expect them to answer those questions? Other than wondering what gold bars will cost, which we probably wont find out until they start selling them, I think all you're doing is suggesting that prices should be different. I'm not saying they're bad suggestions/observations, but I don't expect R* to discuss detailed rational on their pricing scheme, especially since it's still in flux.

Jason
33 minutes ago, Faceplant8 said:

Do you really expect them to answer those questions? Other than wondering what gold bars will cost, which we probably wont find out until they start selling them, I think all you're doing is suggesting that prices should be different. I'm not saying they're bad suggestions/observations, but I don't expect R* to discuss detailed rational on their pricing scheme, especially since it's still in flux.

Uh, in no part of that post did I suggest prices should be different. I'll simplify it:

1) They nerfed nugget payouts for challenge resets - ALTHOUGH I seem to be getting 20 nuggets again now, so I dunno if it was a glitch or what.

2) The game has elements of pay to win even though they explicitly said that gold bars would be used on cosmetics and camp decorations only.

3) A key part of cosmetic gun customisation is locked behind pretty hefty gold bar prices which given the current rates you can earn nuggets means you can customise a single gun fully after maybe 100-150 showdown matches (8 nuggets per match), earning those nuggets through non-PvP means can only really be done quickly if you level rapidly and get treasure maps, which is still a 30-40+ hour process.

What I'm asking in regards to them talking about gold bars is why you can buy guns with bars, why there are gold bar only horses that are statistically better and what their current thinking is on the games economy when it comes to earning gold bars (cause right now it's not good enough).

Open communication is a two way thing, they can tell us stuff and we can give feedback they can use. Right now it's a one way communication line that turns on once in a blue moon and it isn't good enough. There's many other developers who are open about this, I am not asking for something unheard of from a game developer.

Faceplant8
10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Uh, in no part of that post did I suggest prices should be different. I'll simplify it:

1) They nerfed nugget payouts for challenge resets - ALTHOUGH I seem to be getting 20 nuggets again now, so I dunno if it was a glitch or what.

2) The game has elements of pay to win even though they explicitly said that gold bars would be used on cosmetics and camp decorations only.

3) A key part of cosmetic gun customisation is locked behind pretty hefty gold bar prices which given the current rates you can earn nuggets means you can customise a single gun fully after maybe 100-150 showdown matches (8 nuggets per match), earning those nuggets through non-PvP means can only really be done quickly if you level rapidly and get treasure maps, which is still a 30-40+ hour process.

What I'm asking in regards to them talking about gold bars is why you can buy guns with bars, why there are gold bar only horses that are statistically better and what their current thinking is on the games economy when it comes to earning gold bars (cause right now it's not good enough).

Open communication is a two way thing, they can tell us stuff and we can give feedback they can use. Right now it's a one way communication line that turns on once in a blue moon and it isn't good enough. There's many other developers who are open about this, I am not asking for something unheard of from a game developer.

You say that the some customizations are "locked behind pretty hefty gold bar prices" and that "earning gold bars ... now it's not good enough". I read that (and the rest of your questions/observations) as indications of things that you're not happy with, and suggest should be changed. Why would you be asking the question otherwise? Do you go to your local grocery store and ask why the bananas are priced the way they are if you're perfectly happy with the price?

In any case, I suppose there might be some game developers that discuss details of their in-game pricing scheme, but I haven't seen any.

It would be nice to hear why they seemed to have changed their philosophy on some of the upgrades that can only be purchased with gold that seem to be more than just cosmetic, but we all know they are setting those prices based on some strategy to maximize profits. Do you really expect them to come out and say that?

Jason

m8 I aint asking them to come out and give detailed financial accounts about their plan for gold bars

I'm raising the point that there's GAMEPLAY issues and questions with gold bars and considering they're expecting to sell these things for real money it'd be good to see these questions addressed and answers. Also to repeat, I have said nothing about the pricing. I raised the point that with the current nugget payouts it takes an unpractical amount of time to customise a single gun, how they solve that issue is entirely up to them, there's plenty of ways to do it.

And yes, there are developers who are 1) open about what they are currently working on and the issues they are solving and 2) about monetisation, though the latter is rarer and not something that's spoken about in any sort of deep detail most of the time.

Shane_Dbns

I used the wash face option at camp and it changed by character's hair colour. Now I can't use that colour again :/

Ektope
1 hour ago, Shane_Dbns said:

I used the wash face option at camp and it changed by character's hair colour. Now I can't use that colour again :/

I was already tempted to not wash my character's face in that, cos it looked like dirty water.

14 hours ago, Boozey St James said:

Especially when your game revolves around MTX. R* should be very open with the players.

The game doesn't even have microtransactions yet...

Emmi
3 hours ago, Shane_Dbns said:

Wash face option???

Shane_Dbns
1 hour ago, Emmi said:

Wash face option???

You can wash your character's face by interacting with the barrel of water near Cripps

Emmi
2 hours ago, Shane_Dbns said:

You can wash your character's face by interacting with the barrel of water near Cripps

STORY MODE WAS ROBBED!

Jason