4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jason

Red Dead Online Beta - Week 1 Update

Faceplant8
1 minute ago, concolt said:

You don’t get it.  If they lowered the prices of goods but also cut the payout of hunting it doesn’t benefit the hunters at all.  That was my point.

But the hunting/fishing prices were part of the imbalance. Why was everyone hunting and fishing? Because it was the most profitable, and the easiest way to overcome the high price of purchased items. If they had kept the payouts the same, there still would be the same imbalance.

iddqdvie

they increased the payouts and lowered the weapon prices so more people can buy the gold upgrades for those weapons.

i guess that was their plan from the beginning. start with insane prices and reduce them to normal afterwards.

Edited by iddqdvie

AUScowboy

Any word on stranger mission payouts?

Zoobz

Just got the gold and money now. 

tonko
2 hours ago, dognuts said:

I don’t really play free mode, the matchmaking has better framework than GTAO, so I stick with that. Still hope they can fix a few things, I’ve sent some feedback. They need to reintroduce hold your own, stronghold and pre-match duels/standoffs and split up team modes from the free-for-all’s. Besides that, I really want them to add some voice to the characters, even if it’s just for emotes. And this is a longshot, but I really want the announcer to come back. I miss hearing “sweet justice.”

We're on the same page. sent some feedback regarding that too.

Also in gang matches they need to change something with team colours. When i'm on shooting spree i can barely see who's on my team. It's confusing as hell. The Dandies, Lonely Cowboys and what not isn't working at all. Quite a mess actually.

DEADWOODZ

They seem to be rolling the $ and bars out at different times, i think it could take up until the 10th? not sure.

Smokewood
36 minutes ago, concolt said:

You don’t get it.  If they lowered the prices of goods but also cut the payout of hunting it doesn’t benefit the hunters at all.  That was my point.

yes it does.

Less people feel like they have to fish and hunt to make money. You now have less competition in spots, less people trying to kill you, etc...

Balance is a great thing when done correctly. 

Jason
25 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

Any word on stranger mission payouts?

$10-$15 for completion, sometimes the objectives will give $1-3 per, so anywhere from $10-$20 per mission, plus up to 5 nuggets from what I saw.

I also just did the last story mission and got a whopping $14. I've seen some big payouts for victories in PvP but it sounds like it goes up and down with a huge range (anywhere from $15-50 I've heard).

Fishing got hit pretty hard but hunting came out pretty much untouched in areas, you can still make $150-$200+ an hour bird hunting north of St Denis or Rhodes. If they nerfed fishing then I'd expect this to be nerfed as well at some point, although it may be a case of fishing being too easy compared to hunting which requires a bit more legwork.

Prices of a buncha things like recipes, horses, gun mods and ability card upgrades are still the inflated prices, ability cards in particular are a GIANT money sink at the moment, so still some work to be done on the economy IMO.

TheLordMarvel

Still awaiting my gold. Is it possible they're rolling it out in the same order as they did for online? Ulti owners today, Day1ish tomorrow??

DEADWOODZ

^^^ "As an added thank you, we're also awarding everyone that joined in to play the Red Dead Online Beta at any point thru midnight PST today with a gift of RDO$250 and 15 Gold Bars. Gifts should start arriving today and will hit all eligible players by Friday Dec 14."

Bandersnatch

Got around $20 for replaying story missions ?? , better then the $3/4 

If more missions get added ,  / lobby options that will be nice as well.

Do hope R* listen to more feed back. 

Edited by Remapped

icefds

Just In case this wasn't posted here already but horse insurance is now available for 125$.

Edited by icefds

Tha-Jamz
Just now, icefds said:

Just In case this wasn't posted here already, but horse insurance is now available for 125$.

Thank you very much ! :)

Faceplant8
8 minutes ago, Jason said:

... although it may be a case of fishing being too easy compared to hunting which requires a bit more legwork.

I look at it just the opposite. I tend to mostly hunt as I'm riding along, doing other stuff, but you can't do that with fishing.

See a bird, rabbit, etc, shoot it, jump off the horse and skin/pluck it. It doesn't take long, and adds up fast.

Gray-Hand
1 hour ago, Smokewood said:

and the items cost less - same ratio.

no nerf happened

It’s not about ratio - it’s about profit per hour.

If bait costs $5.00 and a fish sells for $10.00 (using big round figures to make it simple) and A player can catch 20 fish an hour - that’s $100profit.

If the cost of bait and sale price of fish are both halved - $2.50 and $5.00 respectively, then profit per hour is reduced to $50 per hour because the player can still only catch 20 fish per hour.

Edited by Gray-Hand

Faceplant8
4 minutes ago, Gray-Hand said:

It’s not about ratio - it’s about profit per hour.

If bait costs $5.00 and a fish sells for $10.00 (using big round figures to make it simple) and A player can catch 20 fish an hour - that’s $50 profit.

If the cost of bait and sale price of fish are both halved - $2.50 and $5.00 respectively, then profit per hour is reduced to $25 because the player can still only catch 20 fish per hour.

Bait prices are insignificant (or free using a lure), so you're example doesn't make much sense.

All that matters is the purchasing power of an hours worth of work, and if your pay is halved, but the price of what you want to buy is also halved, you still have the same purchasing power.

Gray-Hand
10 minutes ago, Faceplant8 said:

Bait prices are insignificant (or free using a lure), so you're example doesn't make much sense.

All that matters is the purchasing power of an hours worth of work, and if your pay is halved, but the price of what you want to buy is also halved, you still have the same purchasing power.

Glad that you agree with the exact point I was making.

Bully2comingsoon

Don’t start nerfing the PVE in favor of PVP. Just don’t.

Ryan5252
9 minutes ago, Gray-Hand said:

Regardless of the actual dollar amounts in question, no bait costs 50% of the total sale price of the fish.

Your post was completely nonsensical. 

Rashkovskys Shiv

Thanks for nothing youtubers spreading information on how we were making bank on fishing, thank goodness the birds still work. 

Yes, sure the payouts for PvP are slightly better, we still need more fore solo players.

Because believe you me, when they release properties and carts, I'm sure they will still require a lot more cash. 

And all this hoopla about gold bars, I still have only 2 and did not get any bonus money! 

Gray-Hand
11 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

Regardless of the actual dollar amounts in question, no bait costs 50% of the total sale price of the fish.

Your post was completely nonsensical. 

It was clearly stated that big round figures were being used to make it simple.  Not simple enough, obviously.

Ryan5252
1 minute ago, Gray-Hand said:

It was clearly stated that big round figures were being used to make it simple.  Not simple enough, obviously.

But you aren't selling fish with a 50% cost so why say it? 🤔

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, TheLordMarvel said:

Still awaiting my gold. Is it possible they're rolling it out in the same order as they did for online? Ulti owners today, Day1ish tomorrow??

Still not got mine as of 10 minutes ago, UE owner here. :)

Hopefully tomorrow.

Faceplant8
24 minutes ago, Gray-Hand said:

Uhh. I was agreeing with Smokewood that what's important is the ratio of the cost/sale price. You said that it's all about profit/hour. Those are very different.

If 10 fish bought you a throwing knife yesterday, and those same 10 fish buy you that same throwing knife today, it's irrelevant if the price of the knife is $20 or $50.

Ryan5252
8 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Still not got mine as of 10 minutes ago, UE owner here. :)

Hopefully tomorrow.

Got my about half hour ago. No pre-order or Ultimate. Just bog standard RDR2. PS4

Gray-Hand
6 minutes ago, Faceplant8 said:

Uhh. I was agreeing with Smokewood that what's important is the ratio of the cost/sale price. You said that it's all about profit/hour. Those are very different.

If 10 fish bought you a throwing knife yesterday, and those same 10 fish buy you that same throwing knife today, it's irrelevant if the price of the knife is $20 or $50.

Smokewood (i’m pretty sure) was talking specifically about the reduction in price of bait and fish and the profit ratio of bait to fish.  Not the ratio of price of fish to price of weapons.

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Ryan5252 said:

Got my about half hour ago. No pre-order or Ultimate. Just bog standard RDR2. PS4

Enjoy.

CBA to switch it all back on now, lol. I'm in no rush with the limited gaming on offer. Good to see it's coming though.

Gray-Hand
11 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

But you aren't selling fish with a 50% cost so why say it? 🤔

Because it is sufficient to demonstrate that profit percentage per unit doesn’t matter compared to profit per hour.

Ryan5252
1 minute ago, Gray-Hand said:

Because it is sufficient to demonstrate that profit percentage per unit doesn’t matter compared to profit per hour.

Wow. I'm just gonna leave you to it. 😂

Slam_Jones

Well, looks like I'll have about $400 in gun rebates coming back to me... nice!

I plan to gold-plate my Lancaster Repeater with the free gold bars 😛