3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HelloMyNameIsHuman

The "DO NOT bring that over from RDR2" thread

TheSantader25

The Weather System:To this date Nothing has beaten GTA V's weather system IMO. I was totally expecting RDR2 to do this but the sudden transitions ruin it. 

AlexGRFan97
Posted (edited)

Amazingly this wasn't as much of a problem in IV and practically didn't exist in the 3D games (since they used fixed animations rather than ragdoll/Euphoria), but was a big problem in V and still exists in RDR2; the fact that hitting or even so much as bumping into someone knocks them flat on their ass. People ragdoll at the slightest exertion. I want the NPCs and the antagonists to put up a fight when hit, especially when by a vehicle. How awesome would it be if the cyclist you tapped at a low speed regained balance and clung to your hood, thumping the windshield with their fist?

This is especially apparent with the new RC Bandito, which causes people to trip and enter ragdoll the second you encroach on their moving space, hurting them in the process. Now imagine if what happened instead was that hitting their shins knocked them a little off-balance, before they regained momentum and delivered a kick that threw your Bandito into the air?

Edited by AlexGRFan97
Might as well elaborate since you can't delete posts anymore

TheSantader25

First of all we should have been able to save by sleeping. It's a R* tradition that was abandoned in RDR2 and it worries me that maybe R* aren't loyal to their traditions anymore. 

Secondly the Save Option should have been like the quick save from GTA V where you could spawn right where you saved instead of the nearest town. 

Edited by TheSantader25

American Venom
12 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

First of all we should been able to save by sleeping. It's a R* tradition that was abandoned in RDR2 and it worries me that maybe R* aren't loyal to their traditions anymore. 

i even think it says in the message box when you're introduced to Arthur's own spot in the camp that sleeping will save. Well that obviously doesn't happen.😒

It's not really a game breaker, but I get what you mean it's a traditional aspect. 

Now I think of it I don't also want limited fast travels option. It's actually something about Red Dead Redemption 2 that kind baffles me how it's handled. Can't even fast travel from campsites in the wilderness anymore. This would be like neutering taxis in GTA where you can only use them one way and to specific icons instead of also to custom markers you've set up.

Failure
Spoiler

The main playable character dies in the ending, and is replaced by someone else. I know it's not RDRed II specific and happens in RDRed too, but I still don't want that in the next GTA.

ClaudeSpeed1911

It is not a RDR only thing but stop putting the trashy linear missions. If I want to do missions like Rockstar wanted then by all means give that option but don't fail me for not doing it like they wanted. GTA 3 era had the perfect balance and these call of duty style missions suck and ruined the game for me.

Also fix the bad controls. GTA4 was bad but I got used to it, GTA5 was a bit better and then we come to RDR which is where I grew tired of it. Please make it more like MGS5 which looks good and feels good.

Less scripted events would be great. Have these random events but don't make them the exact same thing for every player. Make it more dynamic.

Don't restrict my movement because of "Arthur wouldn't run or do this thing and that in camp or where ever".

And the final most annoying thing in RDR: Stop making me the bad guy in situations I am not. Bumping into someone and apologizing shouldn't make the whole town come after me. Defending myself from someone shouldn't make everyone start shooting me.

Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911

Racecarlock

The maintenence tasks. I haven't bought the game myself, because Just Cause 4 was out around the same time and I prefer over the top action movie saturday morning cartoon nuttiness to realistic cowboy westerns, but from what I've heard, you have to clean your horse, you have to clean yourself, you have to clean your guns, there's hunger, there's shaving, there's like a million other things. Maybe those are all fine for RDR 2, but they would render a large portion of GTA 6 tedious as hell. Inb4 someone accuses me of having ADHD or being a coddled casual because I don't want to have to shave in a damn video game.

The weapon limit. GTA is fun because at any moment, you can pull an explosive weapon out of your pants and just start blowing sh*t up. You can just start breaking things without all sorts of prior preparation, and that's one of the things that makes GTA great. Having a weapon limit and having to store weapons on your car would be more realistic, sure, but it would ruin that fun "I can just whip out an RPG and blow up a traffic jam" aspect of GTA.

The missions with chores in them. This was in RDR 1 as well. Yes, I get it, it's the old west, but missions where you have to herd sheep or clean horses or build a house or propose to your wife are tedious as sh*t. Again, this is another thing where people will accuse me of having ADHD or being a casual, but just put all that stuff in free roam and let people choose whether or not to do it. The one exception for doing a chore should be like in GTA V's FIB raid mission, where you can choose to mop up the floor and be all sneaky, because at least then there's a thrilling stealth element to it, and hell, I chose that path for that mission because it sounded smart and like something Michael would do. But if it's just a mission with chores thrown in, well, screw that. If I wanted to do chores I'd just do real chores.

American Venom
12 hours ago, Racecarlock said:

The maintenence tasks. I haven't bought the game myself, because Just Cause 4 was out around the same time and I prefer over the top action movie saturday morning cartoon nuttiness to realistic cowboy westerns, but from what I've heard, you have to clean your horse, you have to clean yourself, you have to clean your guns, there's hunger, there's shaving, there's like a million other things. Maybe those are all fine for RDR 2, but they would render a large portion of GTA 6 tedious as hell. Inb4 someone accuses me of having ADHD or being a coddled casual because I don't want to have to shave in a damn video game.

Honestly unless you've played the game yourself you're not going to understand how it's implemented. On paper I guess this would sound like a turn off and admittedly I was worried about it pre-release, but in the 100 or so hours I've played of Red Dead Redemption 2 I've never really felt any of it gets in the way.

Things like cleaning your horse, bathing, shaving etc aren't really things you HAVE to do atleast no more than micro managing in GTA games, but they definitely add to the experience rather than detract from it. It's not to say GTA VI should have all of this, but it's no different than similar tasks in GTA games. Remember feeding CJ or making him work out at the gym? 

And why would anyone accuse you of having ADHD or being a casual? No one's responded to this post (besides me) that was made nearly 12 hours ago. *shrugs*

SomePrick

They better not limit the number of corpses items I can store in my trunk vehicle after a good sidewalk massacre run to the store like in RDR 2.

futureopenworld

As someone said, linear missions, but to go into more depth, the 100 scripted fail-states per mission that don't allow you to do ANYTHING creative in your approach or execution.

KingAJ032304
On 1/4/2019 at 5:22 AM, TheSantader25 said:

Actually button mashing started from the HD era. In the 3D era the protagonist would slow sprint by default and holding the sprint button would cause a fast sprint. Pushing L3 slightly would cause a slow walk. 

I think they should give us the option to choose between these two methods. I've heard many people like tapping for sprinting because they feel like it's more rewarding. 

Actually Grand Theft Auto San Andreas started it but it work different. If you held it down, then you would sprint. If you tap you would super sprint which used 30% less stamina while making you 15% faster. This was made to get rid of unlimited sprinting.