Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RED_DEADMAN

Varmit Rifle is king when hunting other players.

RED_DEADMAN

This may sound crazy. but after hours and hours of kicking ass and getting my ass kicked ive found out that the varmit rifle is my new go-to firearm for shootouts with other players. Theres so many advantages and only 1 true disadvantage.

The key is- YOU HAVE TO GET A HEADSHOT!     This peashooter doesn't do squat as far as damage if you don't aim for the head. Ive put over 6 rounds into someones chest without killing them. HOWEVER...1 careful shot to the head and they are DONE. (I find that odd considering you cant kill a damn fox with a headshot from this rifle).

*The rate of fire is much faster than the carbine and it holds way more rounds.   If you are lucky enough to be a Ultimate edition owner-you get this gun for free. 

JUST TRY IT. You'll see what I mean. It does require you to master aiming for the head. Most the time, just aim and let the auto aim establish a point in the chest...then move your reticule up just a tad without moving side to side at all. Then...PING...dead.  I been ripping the boys to shreds out here. Something so fun and yet secure when you KNOW you will win in nearly any battle. I have soooo much fun just walking slowly across the map towards enemy players...lighting a ciggerette when I'm just close enough for them see see me slowly marching toward them.... then removing the peashooter from my shoulder and into my hand....(that's when they start charging toward me)  then AIM..POP.    Light cigarette...what for respawn....change direction.....REPEAT.   I love this game...wish there was a server where no minimaps were allowed.....just the ability to tap down on dpad. Id love to know know when they are coming for me....that suspense of always being ready. Now I know why none of those NPC's in story mode wanted to ride next to Arthur.

Rithrius

No offense intended, but pretty much everyone already knows about this and have been complaining to Rockstar about nerfing the varmint rifle in PvP. This is nothing new.

Edited by Rithrius

The FoolYT

Your point is true, but personally you can use pretty much any weapon really and as long as auto aim is a thing, there ain't much skill to killing others.

Fatsanchez
45 minutes ago, RED_DEADMAN said:

AIM..POP.    Light cigarette...what for respawn....change direction.....REPEAT.

Wow this sounds fun.

R*Phenomenon

enjoy it while you can.. because this is definitely gonna be patched

Gallows

In a freeaim lobby the Varmint rifle would be close to fine.

RED_DEADMAN

I just figured I would tell others about it so they can use it too. I actually just joined the forums so I didn't realize this was old info. I don't feel like nerfing the varmit is the answer. A shot to the head from any .22 caliber rifle in real life is most likely gonna kill somebody. So not necessarily unrealisticly unbalance imo. I realize that any weapon will do this in this game but the varmit is extremely accurate compared to the carbine imo. I only found out about this rifle yesterday. I went hunting with my son for about 2 hours straight and we had our horses packed down with pelts when 3 dudes decided to shoot our horses. All I had was a varmit and thats when I discovered how accurate it is.  It felt good to make em pay for costing us about 25-30 bucks worth of pelts. Guess I figured id share.

Fatsanchez

.22 shots to the head kill players instantly but not most animals. How is that realistic bro?

Come on this is a game. If the least powerful weapon kills in one hit, why the hell would we buy any other weapons? There has to be a logic to this. This is more important than "realism" for the pure sake of it IMO. It needs to have balance. Right now the Varmint have a higher rate of fire than the Bolt-Action for instance. Whats the incentive to buy a $360 rifle when you have a $90 one that shoots faster and is just as accurate?

IMHO the Varmint should be only good for hunting.

But anyway, welcome to the family!

RED_DEADMAN
57 minutes ago, The FoolYT said:

Your point is true, but personally you can use pretty much any weapon really and as long as auto aim is a thing, there ain't much skill to killing others.

I think the accuracy is what the key difference is. I k ow it doesnt show if you look at the stats of each weapon but it feels more accurate.

Rithrius
1 hour ago, RED_DEADMAN said:

I don't feel like nerfing the varmit is the answer.

You have alot to learn. Welcome to GTAForums. 🤣

Edited by Rithrius

RED_DEADMAN
4 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

You have alot to learn, newbie. Welcome to GTAForums. 🤣

1 hour ago, The FoolYT said:

Apparently. 

Qbert

I don't know 2 revolvers shooting at you gets the job done fast as well

Tampinha85

I didnt know about the varmit and im a UE owner, neve bothered to get it from the gunsmith, thanks for the info im getting mine now!

Broblab
12 hours ago, Fatsanchez said:

.22 shots to the head kill players instantly but not most animals. How is that realistic bro?

Come on this is a game. If the least powerful weapon kills in one hit, why the hell would we buy any other weapons? There has to be a logic to this. This is more important than "realism" for the pure sake of it IMO. It needs to have balance. Right now the Varmint have a higher rate of fire than the Bolt-Action for instance. Whats the incentive to buy a $360 rifle when you have a $90 one that shoots faster and is just as accurate?

IMHO the Varmint should be only good for hunting.

But anyway, welcome to the family!

you want a good reason?

lock on distance.

someone is coming at you with a varmint rifle, you see them coming over a hill in the distance, you lock on with the bolt rifle, they cant even hit you due to distance, PAP!.. win. repeat.

and at free aim distances, you can even hide in foliage n stuff and manually aim with the bolt gun or the repeater.

Blasterman4EVER
19 hours ago, Rithrius said:

No offense intended, but pretty much everyone already knows about this and have been complaining to Rockstar about nerfing the varmint rifle in PvP. This is nothing new.

I had no idea, because I would never try killing someone with a .22.

RED_DEADMAN

I understand your point and even agree with how you put it. I just meant a .22 could kill a person in real life. But yeah, they'll do something at some point so no worries.

I'd still buy the bolt action just to hunt bigger game also.

AUScowboy

People are mad about this and I sort of get it, but if you were shot in the head IRL with a .22 at close range it would still be a likely kill shot. Best counter to varmint rifle varmints it the semi auto pistol. The range and ROF give you the edge IMO.

Edited by AUScowboy
Varmints, not Vermont's goddamn auto correct

TheOriginalGunslinger

Nah, it’s the Bolt Action Rifle imo and can some stop bitching about headshots being one hit kills at times. Same thing happened in Red Dead Redemption multiplayer. Where were some of y’all in 2010? In that game the Bolt and the Henry Repeater would destroy people and nobody really complained. Demanding certain weapons to be nerfed is laughable really when they don’t need to be nerfed. Are these people who are already moaning to have weapons nerfed the same people who moaned about wanting weapons nerfed in GTA Online? Y’all ruined that game with your nerfs and look what happened... now flying cars and motorcycles dominate Free Mode sessions.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Nick1020

Don’t think the varmit rifle needs to be nerf. It’s a terribly weak gun if you’re not making headshots and gets outclassed by the bolt action in big open areas. 

Edited by Nick1020

TheOriginalGunslinger
2 minutes ago, Nick1020 said:

Don’t think the varmit rifle needs to be nerf. It’s a terribly weak gun if you’re not making headshots and gets outclassed by the bolt action is in big open areas. 

This. :^:

Happy Hunter

I hope they don't mess with it. It's got me a lot of money hunting, would hate to see it botched because people think you should survive being shot in the face with a .22.

If someone's bothering me with it I don't see why I can't just shoot them in the body. Then they're shaking, and they probably won't have much luck getting headshots then.

Kinda disgusted that people are trying to ruin things in the game already. It's been out a week or two, and some people already want a change that won't ever be reversed if made ... Why not just give the game a try, see if you find a counter? Rather than jumping straight to making changes that can't be taken back, and will probably f*ck with hunting.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Ya Boy Punk Fan

If Rockstar nerfs the Varmint Rifle over a couple of crybabies, I'm done. It's utterly useless outside of hunting and getting headshots. It doesn't need a nerf whatsoever.

BOOGIEMAN219

Getting shot in the head with a .22 is often a instant kill, the bullet will bounce back n forth within your skull unless it pops out your eye or shoots down your body. It's why the Italian mafia often used a .22 at point blank, a bit less messy (most of the time).

Edited by BOOGIEMAN219

Ektope

I know a counter to Vermint's one shot headshot. But it's a secret. 

Edited by Ektope

Broblab
11 hours ago, Nick1020 said:

Don’t think the varmit rifle needs to be nerf. It’s a terribly weak gun if you’re not making headshots and gets outclassed by the bolt action is in big open areas. 

and the landcaster at medium range.

and the pump shotty at round the corner "suprise" ranges, as one doesnt even need a headshot with that.

redrum187x

Varmint rifle needs to stay, I get headshots with other guns as well don’t see why some people complain, if they can shoot well they’ll kill you with any weapon lol

RAND0M GRAFFITI

It's good when no one has purchased any of the other guns yet.

Otsd4rv4

I was surprised when I found this out.  I was just BSing and decided to test it on an NPC.  It killed them......so naturally I tried killing another player with it...and yea....same result.  I wonder if our level effects our health like GTAs...….so maybe a considerably higher leveled player will be able to tank it.

Revoemag

This community is just a bunch of sheep...

Fatsanchez

People were discussing the issue of the Varmint being as effective as other more expensive weapons regarding PvP.

I didn't see anyone arguing that its damage in hunting should be nerfed. I didn't see anyone even mention hunting before actually.

The title of the thread even specifies "hunting other players".

Now people are "crybabies", "sheep", for discussing things?

Nice of you. The feeling of community warmths me.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, thats fine, in facts thats why this forum even exists in the first place. So we can have discussions.