Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
woggleman

This game will end up being the GTA IV of it's generation

Jason
2 minutes ago, woggleman said:

Maybe not most people but a good amount. It has at least had a polarized response. 

"a good amount"

The game sold 17 million copies last time they reported the sales figures, which was weeks ago now. It sold 725m worth of copies in the first 3 days, which is around 8-11 million copies give or take (adjusting for regional pricing, special editions etc) meaning the game sold at least another 6-7 million copies in the 11 days after launch, where criticism for the games controls and realism aspects were at their peak. These are indisputable numbers that indicate the criticisms had little to no effect on the games sales. Hard evidence, something you've yet to supply to back your claims.

Now I'm gonna speculate but the game has likely sailed past 20 million copies sold by now especially with the launch of RDO which has been huge as noted by the presence of RDO videos, pictures and memes on social media, if I'm right then the game is continuing to be a huge success.

It's all well having a discussion about the response to RDR2 but if you're gonna make claims like the threads title and in a number of the posts you've made in the thread then you're going to need hard evidence to back it up. Video game forum polls and votes with a few hundred posts or votes isn't gonna cut it, the game has probably sold 20 million copies, the vote of a mere few hundred of the people who've played it - which is assuming everyone who voted or posted has, cause a lot won't have - isn't gonna cut it.

wangsparkinglot

The good old internet giving voice to people that 20 years ago no one would listen to.

Is it possible to enjoy the game for what it is? Man some people can whinge

Its a great game and for $99 SP mode is amazing bang for buck entertainment. Beta looks scratchy but time will tell !!

Peace

Lonely-Martin

What the f*ck did I just read, lol.

This clown is completely ignoring facts presentented, and just regurgitates the same crap over and over. He'll leave it a day, skip anything that literally proves otherwise, by a margin, and just say...

'Yeah, but someone don't like it and that's enough for me to be influenced and mock those that clearly love their gaming in this *masterpiece'

* universally acclaimed masterpiece at that. That's not us fans on just here saying so Woggleman.

Straight trolling, though admittedly, very cute to get 4 pages now. Comedy gold.

@woggleman. Bring facts please.

Serious question though, if, as you believe (made up), GTA IV was so unloved or whatever you say, and then after that R* made GTA V to make it arcadey or whatever you suggest they did, why isn't RDR2 then. If GTA IV was a flop, in the time it took to make GTA V and the gap between those creations (IV and V, and RDR last) they would have had meetings and planning to do. Why is this very game like it is if they believed the noise you're making here back then?

RDR2 was 8 years in the making. Back then they'd have known what you (made up) think and not pushed in this direction through fear of failure and less appeal, obviously. Why risk it when within a week of GTA V they made a billion or more. 8 years ago, they would have known, but 5/6 years ago they would have been very clear too.

Answers on a postcard please. (Because this I can't see staying open).

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Had to ask, but it's still just nonsense trolling, lol. Man's clearly just a hater.

TheSantader25

Man I hate it when people mix up RDR with the GTA Series. They are different f*cking franchises. IV was barely bashed because of it's tone. It was bashed because it had "many missed features from previous GTAs". Even V gets bashed because of missing features from IV. Did RDR2 do the same? No. It perfected RDR in almost any way possible. It's actually a completely different situation. 

Edited by TheSantader25

woggleman

Less then 20% have even completed the game on both PS4 and X Box. If that doesn't tell you something I don't know what will.

Scaeva
18 minutes ago, woggleman said:

Less then 20% have even completed the game on both PS4 and X Box. If that doesn't tell you something I don't know what will.

Completion percentages say nothing about a game's quality, because in the modern era that percentage is low for literally every game ever released. RDR1 and the GTA games also likely had low completion percentages. Most people just don't finish games for a variety of reasons. Google "people don't finish games" and you'll get several articles on the subject.

With a game that has a multiplayer mode it also doesn't tell you whether or not people who purchased the game enjoyed it, because you're always going to have a certain amount of players who play it just for the multiplayer and were not that interested in the single player campaign prior to purchase.

Edited by Scaeva

Lonely-Martin
33 minutes ago, woggleman said:

As predicted, another pathetic and baseless claim.

We know many just don't care for trophies, and many are deliberately taking their time. Add the many more casual players that have far less hours to invest. How many completed GTA V?

You're reaching, and it's a real joke dude. Answer the questions and facts brought forth, or just stop trolling the game. You dislike it, and.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Miamivicecity
49 minutes ago, woggleman said:

When are you going to learn you can't keep making wild claims without some kind of back up to prove it? Where did you get this from? 

Even still that really doesn't prove anything. In fact I think it says the opposite because the majority of the fanbase is playing the game exactly R* how intended. Taking their time. I finished the story in three and a half weeks and I still felt like I was rushing it somewhat, but raw % figures don't really indicate enjoyment or lack thereof. 

i know people who will finish a game they don't even like just because they want to get all the trophies/achievements or some other reason. 

Lonely-Martin

@Miamivicecity. RE: Taking our time.

It wasn't until this year while awaiting this games release that I got my old gen and current gen platinum trophies for GTA V, and 100% in RDR last, lol. These games really are vast and easily distracting too, so much in them and with GTA:O really captivating me for so long, though I enjoyed story, I just didn't get round to wrapping things up until I had a lull with GTA:O.

And that's why I love these games so much. Just so absorbing, we literally lose time, lol. Over 5 years of GTA, I had a blast all the way. Aside that spell between Gunrunning and Doomsday as research hampered my natural play and I had to walk for a spell, and during that spell, I platinumed Gran Turismo 6, lol.

adrenalinelol
1 hour ago, woggleman said:

That isn't far off GTA 5's completion rate: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/271590/achievements

Resetera != a proxy for the larger gaming market either.

woggleman

Just watch how many awards it actually wins. I will be surprised if it wins more than one or two.

Lonely-Martin
12 minutes ago, woggleman said:

Just watch how many awards it actually wins. I will be surprised if it wins more than one or two.

Answer the questions.

And I just don't care about awards, means f*ck all to me, and many. If you like the damn game, play it and ignore the tripe others are influencing you with, lol.

Stupid stuff indeed.

NikosUncle

I pretty much only play games from R* and Bungie.

Are there actually games out there worthy of winning over RDR2?

YoungMoney0991

Please kill this thread.... Gta IV was trash lets be honest

volta2001
2 minutes ago, NikosUncle said:

no.

woggleman
3 minutes ago, NikosUncle said:

I pretty much only play games from R* and Bungie.

God of war will win pretty much everything. 

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, woggleman said:

God of war will win pretty much everything. 

Just stop being ignorant man. Smh!!!

8 minutes ago, YoungMoney0991 said:

Yes, do. This chap is nothing but a troll at this point... And, no it wasn't. ;)

woggleman
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Just stop being ignorant man. Smh!!!

Let's look at this thread tomorrow morning and I bet I will be right.

Jason

RDR2 just won best narrative.

This might be a long night for you, woggle.

Lonely-Martin
7 minutes ago, woggleman said:

Let's look at this thread tomorrow morning and I bet I will be right.

As I said, I don't care. RDR2 is my GOTY, that's all that counts.

Now, answer the questions, or can't you?

Be reasonable dude, they are fair questions, and the facts previously are fair too. You should address those as you are looking bad for not even trying.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Miamivicecity
29 minutes ago, YoungMoney0991 said:

I should ban you for such blasphemy.😉

While the thread is skating on thin ice there's really no need to lock it. It's quite entertaining honestly.

Arthur Bell

Yeah, this is entertaining. Like watching a train being destroyed. 

Show must go on as I want to watch the engineer drive the train of lies further into the ravine

Jason

Another award for RDR2. So happy for Rodger, he deserved it.

Edited by Jason

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Another award for RDR2. So happy for Rodger, he deserved it.

100%.. Damn, I'm actually getting into these awards, lol.

Legendary character already, IMO.

woggleman

I made this thread after reading a long hate thread on another forum and just felt discouraged but the point still stands that this is a love it or hate it kind of game. Many people love it and already call it one of the best games of all time while many people think it is a boring slog. I still think GOW will win the big ones.

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, woggleman said:

I made this thread after reading a long hate thread on another forum and just felt discouraged but the point still stands that this is a love it or hate it kind of game. Many people love it and already call it one of the best games of all time while many people think it is a boring slog. I still think GOW will win the big ones.

We'll see. But I do find it odd you worry about others POV's to influence you not to play or be discouraged. Make your own mind up and decide if it's for you. If Not, no problems. If so, shut that crap out and enjoy it.

Jason

Soundtrack award.

RDR2 sweep incoming.

Best sound direction too, but it lost best art direction. It's doomed, oh no.

Edited by Jason

~INDIO~

They didn't go with the Taratino route and that's what makes me so happy. I'm so glad they didn't follow that lemon.

The guy says Sergio Leone is his biggest inspiration but he produces absolute dogsh*t😂

Sergio would laugh his head off at Taratino's efforts.. Terrible

Edited by ~INDIO~
Ennio Morricone should have stayed away

Lonely-Martin

Buying that dead by daylight I think!

josephene123
1 minute ago, ~INDIO~ said:

They didn't go with the Taratino route and that's what makes me so happy. I'm so glad they didn't follow that lemon.

The guy says Sergio Leone is his biggest inspiration and produces absolute dogsh*t😂

Sergio would laugh his head off at Taratino's efforts.. Terrible

Huh?