4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Bakkerbaard

Shooting people in freeroam

Why do you shoot people?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you shoot people outside of deathmatches?

• To prevent them shooting me first.
    • Got a new gun, wanna see how it works on a live target, just this once, okay?
    • Just to watch them die.
    • My bad, I was aiming for the deer behind you.
    • I don't.

ASMorgan

You're all contradicting yourselves when you say how big of a problem they are & in the same breath talk about how they're no problem at all...oh well, it's not my dilemma lol, I enjoy being harassed & harassing others, hence my playing online multiplayer games with guns & instructions & rewards for killing other players.

Bakkerbaard
On 12/15/2018 at 11:25 PM, ASMorgan said:

You're all contradicting yourselves when you say how big of a problem they are & in the same breath talk about how they're no problem at all...oh well, it's not my dilemma lol, I enjoy being harassed & harassing others, hence my playing online multiplayer games with guns & instructions & rewards for killing other players.

Okay. So where have I contradicted myself then?

Form the first post up to now I have stated that I'm not good enough to take the fight to the griefer, nor can I be arsed to go and try. All I wanna do is play my game, by myself, or maybe with people that I can tolerate. I'm not looking for warzones.

You, however, contradict yourself in your own post. You enjoy being harassed and harassing and you like to play games with rewards for other players. Unless you know something I don't on this, there is no reward for harassing other players. And don't bring that starnger-mission nonsense into this, because that doesn't count as harassment. At that point everyone involved is well aware of the risks.

So, based on what you say here you should be playing Call Of Duty, though I'm pretty sure that anything you do in there that is classified as harrasment is also not part of sportsmanlike gaming.

Arkane

Man reading through these last few pages made me smile. I love how you guys stopped a griefer(s) dead in their tracks and got them in their feelings because whatever they were plotting was thwarted by you all. That's what I like to see. Them not getting a chance nor any satisfaction from their antics. And making them quit? That's the gift that keeps on giving. Keep them rage quitting, keep them crying, keep them thinking they are going to get an easy kill then flip it on them. And if they happen to get one in, turn it right back on them.

I'm sure most will continue to not leave people alone, but this right here definitely let's them know that they have something coming their way when they try.

Also it's not contradictory, because people are saying this is a problem, but at the same time have themselves become problem solvers. Thus solving the issue temporarily, but not overall.  It needs fixing, but until it does get fixed they'll make sure to give these griefers no quarter.

fejkb

If I see some AFK, I lasso drag them to death. If they manage to free themselves, I don't stop and just ride away. I only do that because there is an award for dragging people around.

Edited by fejkb

Vice Beach

I’m curious if the killfeed is absent as an attempt to try and dissuade players from killing each other. Obviously doesn’t work, so they might as well add it back in honestly.

TiberiusMcQueen
51 minutes ago, Vice Beach said:

I’m curious if the killfeed is absent as an attempt to try and dissuade players from killing each other. Obviously doesn’t work, so they might as well add it back in honestly.

I prefer it absent, I don't care if a player in New Austin gets killed while I'm out in Ambarino.

Poggy
On 12/15/2018 at 10:25 PM, ASMorgan said:

I enjoy being harassed & harassing others, hence my playing online multiplayer games with guns & instructions & rewards for killing other players.

I too like to live dangerously ... But I use my guns without instructions!  Double danger.

hotrats773

It's funny because I HATE PvP in GTA but love it in RDO. Not sure why. In RDO, trouble really has a long distance to travel to find you so the random gunfight/encounter does not bother me at all. I do pretty well because it feels like the fights are a little more even and visceral. But overall, I do not go out of my way to f*ck with people doing their own thing.

Edited by hotrats773

Poggy

There is only one right way to play this game. 

My way.

Everyone who grief kills deserves defenestration.

Need drugs
16 hours ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

I prefer it absent, I don't care if a player in New Austin gets killed while I'm out in Ambarino.

At the very least it identifies (possible) griefers. That way when you see that guy on the map heading for ambarino you know to shoot first.

Raddenson11

I love it when a wannabe griefer tries to kill me out of nowhere, for example when I'm only passing them on the road (or because I stepped my foot into their 100 meters in diameter safe area). And they miss 3 or more shots. By that point they're already on a quick trip to the DEAD screen. And when I'm absolutely certain they did it only for the sake of doing it then I kill them a few more times to rub it in.

I really don't like griefing just because, but when someone tries me, as James Langton loves to say... What a lovely day that makes.

Edited by Raddenson11

wisdom000

Reasons I kill you in free roam...

1 you shot at me first or acted aggressively towards me and mine, such as following us deliberately, drawing a weapon in our vicinity or approaching with intent.

2 you are annoying on the Mic, squeaker, blasting music, ridiculously whiny, racism or other bigotry, etc...

BeefSterrip

Cause they're online, don't like it, go play ponies.

Pocket Fox
1 hour ago, BeefSterrip said:

Good point. Like the players who hide in the general store, then pop out to shoot a player passing by, then run back into the store to avoid being killed. I would like to suggest these type of players go play Barbie's Pony Adventure - it suits their playstyle of making everything easy and absolutely no challenge. Also the age rating is perfect for those who like to attack others but feel the need to run/hide/leave the server when they themselves find themselves attacked.

Funny as f*ck how all the pvp killers are low level and won't touch the PvP playlists. I guess because they can't sneak in easy kills in the DM/TDM modes. Maybe they should check out some kids games if people shooting back at them is too challenging.

Poggy
3 hours ago, BeefSterrip said:

We got a badass over here ;)

BretMaverick777
30 minutes ago, Poggy said:

We got a badass over here ;)

I try not to get snooty about grammar and spelling, but you spelled "jackass" wrong. 

Mayochiki
On 12/5/2018 at 5:48 AM, Jedster said:

I have no need or desire to kill anyone in freeroam for simple reasons, there is literally nothing you gain from it and I find no pleasure in ruining other people fun and activities...

And it happened to me many times that some hero came to me and shoot me point blank to the face while I am just standing there with my weapons holstered. I just don't understand why, it's really puzzling my mind...

I would really like to know what drives them to do things like that.

I often send messages to people who start fights randomly and it would surprise you. Hell, the level of ignorance is really something, some people kill "just because". Like there wasn't any drive at all, they do it and move on. Others say because it was an easy kill, I've seen people who don't even know what a deathmatch is.

In general, it's something many people do on instinct because they don't know any better. Many people playing this game (like any other fotm game) don't really play any games with more to do than shooting people. It's what they do in other games and what they're familiar with. They really don't know any better. You're in a game, you have a gun, you see someone standing there... what now? Well, I guess I have to kill that person.

It would surprise you, but that happens. As much as I love vydia becoming a normal hobby and I hate being elitist, it's true that the more popular something becomes it also attracts the common denominator. Often in the form of players (not even kids, many of them actually know how to follow simple instructions) who just want to shoot sh*t down. I have friends in real irl who are like this aswell and feel weird when I ask them to do something that doesn't involve gunning other players, but they don't even consider how they could be harming other people's experience by not letting them do whatever they want.

And again, it has nothing to do with being stupid, it's just that many people don't know better and aren't interested in trying new things. They just want to do the same things in different games, regardless of the mechanics.

...of course, that doesn't make them less annoying, which is why I dedicate myself to being the biggest c*nt once they make me their target. And it's not even because I'm good at the game, but most of these players don't know how that the Varmint Rifle is the goat of all times for pvp, they don't know about hog-tieing others easily and don't know about the bloom (many spam shots and it's hilarious). It's not right to do what I do, but hey... if you attack me once I won't kill you once in return.

Bakkerbaard
On 12/17/2018 at 5:32 PM, Poggy said:

Everyone who grief kills deserves defenestration.

I'm gonna look up defenstration right now, because at the moment it sounds like something you do on the toilet after bad clams.

13 hours ago, Mayochiki said:

It's not right to do what I do, but hey... if you attack me once I won't kill you once in return.

I fail to see what's wrong about grinding a griefer into the dust of the past. More power to you, really.

Edit:

I've found my two favourite sentences in a wiki page ever.

- "This was done in a 'good Bohemian style'..."

Apparently there is bad style to defenestrate. "I defenestrated once, but I wasn't into it so it was in bad Gothic style."

- "...it also suggests breaking the window in the process."

Which would defenitely be the bad style of defenestrating. The defenestratee is already experiencing a sh*t day, at least keep their windows intact.

Edited by Bakkerbaard
Looked it up

The Holy Diver
20 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

Good point. Like the players who hide in the general store, then pop out to shoot a player passing by, then run back into the store to avoid being killed. I would like to suggest these type of players go play Barbie's Pony Adventure - it suits their playstyle of making everything easy and absolutely no challenge. Also the age rating is perfect for those who like to attack others but feel the need to run/hide/leave the server when they themselves find themselves attacked.

Funny as f*ck how all the pvp killers are low level and won't touch the PvP playlists. I guess because they can't sneak in easy kills in the DM/TDM modes. Maybe they should check out some kids games if people shooting back at them is too challenging.

Check the map so you can be aware of your surroundings, and be prepared to kill them when they come out. If they do get the drop on you, then just refuse to play their game. It's not that difficult. 

The attitude that Rockstar players have in multiplayer has stayed exactly the same since GTA IV launched in 2008. There's nothing wrong with killing other players in free roam. However, people who exploit a certain mechanic to make other players irritated simply need to be ignored. They desire attention, so don't give them it. 

Edited by The Holy Diver
Misread it.

EvilFiend

why do people shoot first if they dont want you to follow them for hours killing them? Like I have other sh*t to do but if you shoot at me while im chilling then my new life goal is to make your life a living hell. To bad you cant follow people through lobbies on PS like you can on XB

Jedster
5 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

I've found my two favourite sentences in a wiki page ever.

- "This was done in a 'good Bohemian style'..."

Apparently there is bad style to defenestrate. "I defenestrated once, but I wasn't into it so it was in bad Gothic style."

- "...it also suggests breaking the window in the process."

Which would defenitely be the bad style of defenestrating. The defenestratee is already experiencing a sh*t day, at least keep their windows intact.

"This was done in a 'good Bohemian style'..." - I wonder what "style" is that... but knowing bohemians, it's probably drunk and angry mob style :D 

What an enlightened society we had here few centuries back... you dislike the officials or the government? Just throw them out of the window... :D We should do it again and start with our current president... :D 

Fun fact, at that times most of the trash have been also thrown out of the windows so defenestratee landed on bunch of garbage... :D

RayD70

I was killed tonight while still in the load screen.

really???

XxJazzy42xX
On 12/16/2018 at 10:35 PM, Arkane said:

Man reading through these last few pages made me smile. I love how you guys stopped a griefer(s) dead in their tracks and got them in their feelings because whatever they were plotting was thwarted by you all. That's what I like to see. Them not getting a chance nor any satisfaction from their antics. And making them quit? That's the gift that keeps on giving. Keep them rage quitting, keep them crying, keep them thinking they are going to get an easy kill then flip it on them. And if they happen to get one in, turn it right back on them.

I'm sure most will continue to not leave people alone, but this right here definitely let's them know that they have something coming their way when they try.

Also it's not contradictory, because people are saying this is a problem, but at the same time have themselves become problem solvers. Thus solving the issue temporarily, but not overall.  It needs fixing, but until it does get fixed they'll make sure to give these griefers no quarter.

Well they will keep coming, but its not like they aren't being opposed in the lobby. In Blackwater one player was griefing players there who were shopping for clothes, going to the barber, or selling game to the butcher. It was 6 players there including me in that count and all 6 thwarted the dude in their own time and eventually got tired of the guy and gave ole boy the business and put him down several times. It look like an angry mob from Blackwater chasing this country bumpkin outside the city limits. If i'm being honest its these moments that makes the experience better not because you beat a griefer, but the fact that a group of people who don't know each other who are just trying to mind their own business and play the game can ban together to end a problem has always amazed me. Came out of that situation with 2 friends. 

AmyStone
On 12/17/2018 at 3:07 PM, hotrats773 said:

It's funny because I HATE PvP in GTA but love it in RDO. Not sure why. In RDO, trouble really has a long distance to travel to find you so the random gunfight/encounter does not bother me at all. I do pretty well because it feels like the fights are a little more even and visceral. But overall, I do not go out of my way to f*ck with people doing their own thing.

When you want a bit of player on player then RDO certainly makes the fight more event. In GTA there was some players I could never kill no matter how much I tried. In RDO it's quite easy to get a kill back on anyone. I'm not sure what that is.

IKilledMyHorseAgain
7 hours ago, EvilFiend said:

why do people shoot first if they dont want you to follow them for hours killing them? Like I have other sh*t to do but if you shoot at me while im chilling then my new life goal is to make your life a living hell. To bad you cant follow people through lobbies on PS like you can on XB

This is me, im not going to bother you but if you shoot me or at me then just be prepared to get it on until im done with you and im not going to be done with you until you quit.

XxJazzy42xX
Just now, IKilledMyHorseAgain said:

This is me, im not going to bother you but if you shoot me or at me then just be prepared to get it on until im done with you and im not going to be done with you until you quit.

Yeah I think that is most people here. This is the case especially when I'm hunting and it becomes a case where I could lose my hides because someone tried me out of nowhere.

For the thread: Is it me or are people more likely to maybe team up, stand ground, or help out with griefers on RDRO than they were on GTAO? I just remember playing GTAO and many people who were griefing other players got them to leave the lobby more often than the players making the griefers leave the lobby. It got to the point where people were saying "Oh man....ya boy trolling everybody in the lobby right now lets leave or hop in a mission quick!!!". Griefers in my opinion took GTAO over with a quickness. I've maybe been involved in 2 free roam wars against some jet griefers, but besides that most people turned the other way/leave or tried to help briefly and failed miserably only to leave the lobby. Maybe its because Griefer have less tools right now in RDRO? Who knows, but I wanna know how y'all think there is a difference. 

IKilledMyHorseAgain
16 minutes ago, XxJazzy42xX said:

Yeah I think that is most people here. This is the case especially when I'm hunting and it becomes a case where I could lose my hides because someone tried me out of nowhere.

For the thread: Is it me or are people more likely to maybe team up, stand ground, or help out with griefers on RDRO than they were on GTAO? I just remember playing GTAO and many people who were griefing other players got them to leave the lobby more often than the players making the griefers leave the lobby. It got to the point where people were saying "Oh man....ya boy trolling everybody in the lobby right now lets leave or hop in a mission quick!!!". Griefers in my opinion took GTAO over with a quickness. I've maybe been involved in 2 free roam wars against some jet griefers, but besides that most people turned the other way/leave or tried to help briefly and failed miserably only to leave the lobby. Maybe its because Griefer have less tools right now in RDRO? Who knows, but I wanna know how y'all think there is a difference. 

I think you hit it on the head.  IN GTA the griefers had access to way more things to pick on new guys or PvE based players with whereas if you have a Varmint Rifle in RDR2 then you can just as good as anyone who attacks you.  Im sure the griefing will pick up at some point but like you, i havnt had to run many people off, a handful at the most and half of those probably just wanted to PVP as opposed to actually out there trying to grief people.

XxJazzy42xX
1 minute ago, IKilledMyHorseAgain said:

I think you hit it on the head.  IN GTA the griefers had access to way more things to pick on new guys or PvE based players with whereas if you have a Varmint Rifle in RDR2 then you can just as good as anyone who attacks you.  Im sure the griefing will pick up at some point but like you, i havnt had to run many people off, a handful at the most and half of those probably just wanted to PVP as opposed to actually out there trying to grief people.

The Varmint Rifle does that, but I've never needed it(Don't even use it in PVP). I've been able to kill people no problem with the Lancaster. In fact most griefers I ran into were using the Varmint Rifle and had no issue with them, because most of them if not all of them are so bad that they rely heavily on dead eye. I just want to see what Rockstar will add to stoke the Flames of Griefers. Considering the time period idk how much they have to work with to help the griefers out and I wonder if they will take over this game like GTA.  

IKilledMyHorseAgain
11 minutes ago, XxJazzy42xX said:

The Varmint Rifle does that, but I've never needed it(Don't even use it in PVP). I've been able to kill people no problem with the Lancaster. In fact most griefers I ran into were using the Varmint Rifle and had no issue with them, because most of them if not all of them are so bad that they rely heavily on dead eye. I just want to see what Rockstar will add to stoke the Flames of Griefers. Considering the time period idk how much they have to work with to help the griefers out and I wonder if they will take over this game like GTA.  

True, the repeater is just as effective if not more in some cases and i end up using it half the time as im always out of bullets for my varmint from shooting birds and such.   I prefer the varmint in pvp but its def not needed. 

Red Lynx 23

Last night I hit level thirty one, and unlocked Express rounds. So I used thirty dollars at the most to fill my camp's lockbox with Express rounds for my Bolt Action, Lancaster, and duel Schofield's.

My first test with Lancaster Repeater Express rounds was on a player who rode over to Shady Belle, after I cleared a gang hideout and the random probably hoped to loot dead bodies after I did all the work, got killed by an exploding Dynamite crate and stabbed to death by two Lemoyne Raiders. The first test with Repeater Express rounds was two shots center mass killed him. But I didn't think to check what level he was.