3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

God-eater

Ah ha ha suck it, griefers

God-eater

It appears we're invulnerable while cooking.

Also, see, R*? You see why we need PvE/Friendly lobbies?

LunaticPandora

"Hey do you mind, I'm trying to cook here" 

E•MO•TION

Yeah, I get a kick out of having would-be griefers go out of their way to try shoot or lasso me while I’m minding my own business cooking.

Get a life, kids. 😅

Rithrius

So when they get tired of not being able to harass you, they just start harassing eachother? 🤨

Lonely-Martin

Just a typical session really, they need easy targets and R* are fully enabling that crap.

Time for R* to grow up.

ALifeOfMisery

@God-eaterI enjoyed that more than I should have. You made those players look like the absolute c*nts that they clearly are, without having to stoop to their level.

Prime example of why PvE/invite lobbies are necessary.

Would you mind if your video was shared with R*?

White Shark

This is awesome!!

Typical group of trolls, just looking for a lone peaceful player to try and grief. I love how it backfired on them when they started attacking each other in frustrated boredom.

Losers of the highest order! I would have been pissing myself laughing if I had been that guy, happily cooking my steaks and chicken without a care in the world.

Lonely-Martin

I think as should have a thread, or use this, and fill it with video of all this bad behaviour.

Literally shame the players, AND R* into action!

Display Name

Being level 40 every time some sh*tter kills me while I'm out hunting, I kill him over and over until he leaves the session. If he turns the ghost mode on instead, I taunt him with his decapitated body.

its no tv sketch

I got killed while cooking. Actually I was afk having a cigarette at the balcony and noticed that I got spawned elsewhere when I returned. After seeing that vid my guess is someone ran over me with a horse

RyuNova

The funniest part of GTAO was finding a group of Griefers and turning on Passive Mode as they opened fire. Eventually they would turn on each other if you wound them up long enough.

Tha-Jamz

We need to spam *R with this kinda vids, we really need private sessions !

Da Elite Ninjah

this happend to me in my camp, but when they left and i got out of crafting, my horse was gone :(

God-eater
2 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

@God-eaterI enjoyed that more than I should have. You made those players look like the absolute c*nts that they clearly are, without having to stoop to their level.

Prime example of why PvE/invite lobbies are necessary.

Would you mind if your video was shared with R*?

Oh, it's not mine - just stumbled across it. But I'm sure that the guy who posted it wouldn't mind - we probably doubled his views by posting it here 😁

Pocket Fox

Yup. Going for easy kills, 4v1. But the same asshats will screech 'carebear!' if someone asks for PvE servers.

Lumibree

Another way is to stand next to the Stranger characters. No one will be able to touch you!

Rithrius
1 hour ago, Da Elite Ninjah said:

this happend to me in my camp, but when they left and i got out of crafting, my horse was gone :(

Press left on the d-pad, select "Stable" and there you can change who is allowed to ride your horse and lead your horse. Just set it to "Me only". I don't even know why they added the "Everyone" option (as the default, no less). That's just absolutely pointless.

Da Elite Ninjah
1 minute ago, Rithrius said:

Press left on the d-pad, select "Stable" and there you can change who is allowed to ride your horse and lead your horse. Just set it to "Me only". I don't even know why they added the "Everyone" option (as the default, no less). That's just absolutely pointless.

Good tip. But already have that setting. 

I think they scared it away? of maybe killed it.  It was not hinged. 

a1dopeman

Honestly without a K/D ratio anymore, I don’t get frustrated at all by griefers trying for easy kills. It doesn’t hurt any noticeable statistic of mine, and half of them suck and can’t finish the job (pun intended). I find myself gladly rolling by other players, I dare you to draw.

Fugitive21

Had this yesterday. I killed a Bison and loaded it up on my horse. Some dude killed me. I respawned and I saw him so I killed him. He found me and killed me. Yet again when I respawned I killed him. My camp was just over the hill. I sat and cooked while this guy sat out side my camp waiting for me to exit. I stayed in game and went to eat dinner and when I returned the guy was still waiting for me.

I kept emoting the wave and rude gesture to him. 

I left to join a PVP match. I bet that pissed him off.

Nutduster

You guys are all just describing why I am sticking with single player.  I really can't believe Rockstar made the exact same mistake as they did with GTA.  (I guess they don't see it as a mistake as long as the bucks roll in, but FFS, who thought this open world, at-will PvP thing was really a good idea... twice?)

Lonely-Martin
17 minutes ago, a1dopeman said:

Honestly without a K/D ratio anymore, I don’t get frustrated at all by griefers trying for easy kills. It doesn’t hurt any noticeable statistic of mine, and half of them suck and can’t finish the job (pun intended). I find myself gladly rolling by other players, I dare you to draw.

The stats aren't the issue for me. It's that often the pelts we collect simply vanish. If they were dropped or stolen, we could at least fight back to possibly preserve our progress. As you said , many that do dick moves lose a proper battle.

afriendlyreddot

@Lonely-Martinhave you tried your hand at fishing yet? once you find your best spot for steelhead or sockeyes you load as many as you can into your satchel and don't have to worry about losing any of them upon death. 

on topic though, it's weird seeing how a lot of us have matured since GTAO launched. i use to think griefing was a normal behavior because most of the other people i saw online participated. so glad i grew out of that, and it's hard to even take pvp serious until they add actual free-aim lobbies so meh griefers gon' grief :(

Lonely-Martin
Just now, afriendlyreddot said:

@Lonely-Martinhave you tried your hand at fishing yet? once you find your best spot for steelhead or sockeyes you load as many as you can into your satchel and don't have to worry about losing any of them upon death. 

on topic though, it's weird seeing how a lot of us have matured since GTAO launched. i use to think griefing was a normal behavior because most of the other people i saw online participated. so glad i grew out of that, and it's hard to even take pvp serious until they add actual free-aim lobbies so meh griefers gon' grief :(

Not at fishing levels just yet, but sound advice and with hunting that's just what I do, kill/skin small animals to load up my satchel.

Not just player risks though, but the game is a bit buggy too, so it's ideal for me with both in mind. :)

a1dopeman
13 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

The stats aren't the issue for me. It's that often the pelts we collect simply vanish. If they were dropped or stolen, we could at least fight back to possibly preserve our progress. As you said , many that do dick moves lose a proper battle.

Ok I’ve only had good luck with pelts not disappearing when I die. That would be a huge nuisance. Obviously there should be some form of bounty system in place, I’m scared to act up in town in single-player.

Dr.Rosenthal

Beautiful!

I know many want a passive mode, and I myself am torn because I don’t want an abused passive mode á la GTA tryhards (go passive and pop out to kill you, then go back to passive).

But I’ve also realized you’re ”passive” when cooking in Red Dead Online, and also while visiting all shops or fast travel stations, right?

Because I agree that we gotta be able to go passive to have a smoke or go get a drink, without worrying. But in this case we can just ride to the nearest shop, campfire (craft/cook) or fast travel station, which is better than riding down to Tumbleweed from Rhodes because that’s where Cripps might have decided to move your camp.

If there are more ways to go ”passive”, please let me know.

Edit/addition: I’m not sure I’d want an entirely friendly free mode either. I’d just want those who start the fights to have to pay for it, instead of getting away with it so easily.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

afriendlyreddot

11 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Not at fishing levels just yet, but sound advice and with hunting that's just what I do, kill/skin small animals to load up my satchel.

Not just player risks though, but the game is a bit buggy too, so it's ideal for me with both in mind. :)

man i worked with the varmint rifle and exotic birds for a bit and yeah it was good money, but fishing seems to work out a lot better for me. with an initial investment of about 50 bucks on buying the rod and filling up on live worms you make that back immediately. then once you find your best spots you take a haul of 10 of the best fish, sockeye salmon and steelhead trout were the most reliable for me (42$ a stack), and you take that to the nearest butcher.

Lake Owanjila for salmon, south of Braithwaite Manor along the edge of The Lannahechee for trout. i went from 600 to 1000 in a little over an hour :)

Edited by afriendlyreddot

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, a1dopeman said:

Ok I’ve only had good luck with pelts not disappearing when I die. That would be a huge nuisance. Obviously there should be some form of bounty system in place, I’m scared to act up in town in single-player.

I'm gonna scream for PvE or invite, but without doubt also for PvP lobbies to be better addressed so long term losses are less and the PvP is properly competitive. Has to be or PvP guys just lose out too. :)

3 minutes ago, afriendlyreddot said:

man i worked with the varmint rifle and exotic birds for a bit and yeah it was good money, but fishing seems to work out a lot better for me. with the an initial investment of about 50 bucks on buying the rod and filling up on live worms you make that back immediately. then once you find your best spots you take a haul of 10 of each valuable fish, sockeye salmon and steelhead trout were the most reliable for me, and you take that to the nearest butcher.

Lake Owanjila for salmon, south of Braithwaite Manor along the edge of The Lannahechee for trout. I went from 600 to 1000 in a little over an hour :)

Oh absolutely, I can't wait as I really love the fishing here. I hope one day we get more fishing and hunting challenges too.

Imagine 10+ players all around that lake, banter too, to see who gets the biggest catch. This game can offer so much. (Though we can instigate our own challenges too of course, but R* social club ones would be great).

afriendlyreddot

i had an encounter with a gentleman last night as i was wrapping up a 19lb muskie. was sure he was going to try something so i cocked my pump shotty, he waved and ran away into the wilderness 😂

Fugitive21

I don't care about stats, achievements, or how many players I killed. You shoot me be expected to get shot back at. Hunt me down I don't care you wasted your time on me when you could have been doing something productive.

Kill me 4 times parlay time for me. My chance to run and get far away and play the game.