4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

areyouchappin

Red Dead Online Beta Status Updates

Jason
Just now, imburgundy said:

Is there a big cheat people are exploiting?

Not really no, just afkers in lobbies who could still easily be dealt with. Not that a wipe would deter cheaters in the long run either. It's a completely meaningless comment lol.

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, imburgundy said:

Is there a big cheat people are exploiting?

A few, more exploits. But it's all the same in my book, they get advantages. Just a shame that they'll repeat GTA's crap too much is all.

TheLordMarvel

It's so refreshing to see Rockstar actually talking about what's going on.

Rafae

They kind of have to, considering they openly said from the start they'd be more transparent since this is a beta, their first one too.

Watch them go back to not giving a f*ck and long stretches of silence a couple weeks from now. They were this open when GTAO first launched as well.

Cozzi

I'd be fine with a full reset once it's out of beta. Especially if they balance the economy more and make it less grind-y and do some sort of PvE servers. I want that gold bar back that I spent on a lake lure and I want to use it on a river lure for instance. a reset would help me do that. also if they increase payouts for the story missions, i would miss out on that without a reset because I've done them all. Plus from a developer's perspective a reset when out of beta makes more sense and would solve a lot of problems at the expense of pissin goff people who have decided to go ahead and get to level 25 or whatever.

when this beta period ends, I want a full reset, but with a few dozen more of the co-op 'Land of Opportunity' story missions added where i can really sink my time into them. then when i finish them i have enough gold bars and money to buy the equipment i need to have fun fishing, or hunting, or whatever i want to do. If they add ranches or business thats also cool, as long as there arent people who come and kill my cattle every 5 minutes the same way i get killed when i ride anywhere near blackwater.

And if they don't reset the game for me, I'll probably just willingly delete my character and start over once its out of beta.

Edited by Cozzi

Emmi

@Cozzi I for once hope that they won't reset anything.

leerocklord

After all the hunting I've done they better not reset everything!

AUScowboy

Update today or tomorrow?

Smokewood
8 hours ago, Cozzi said:

I'd be fine with a full reset once it's out of beta. Especially if they balance the economy more and make it less grind-y and do some sort of PvE servers. I want that gold bar back that I spent on a lake lure and I want to use it on a river lure for instance. a reset would help me do that. also if they increase payouts for the story missions, i would miss out on that without a reset because I've done them all. Plus from a developer's perspective a reset when out of beta makes more sense and would solve a lot of problems at the expense of pissin goff people who have decided to go ahead and get to level 25 or whatever.

when this beta period ends, I want a full reset, but with a few dozen more of the co-op 'Land of Opportunity' story missions added where i can really sink my time into them. then when i finish them i have enough gold bars and money to buy the equipment i need to have fun fishing, or hunting, or whatever i want to do. If they add ranches or business thats also cool, as long as there arent people who come and kill my cattle every 5 minutes the same way i get killed when i ride anywhere near blackwater.

And if they don't reset the game for me, I'll probably just willingly delete my character and start over once its out of beta.

At the very least my progress should be wiped out if I choose to start over.

AUScowboy

It's the end of the week R*, what do? Almost seems like you're dragging this out to milk the broken economy. Guess if they don't update it soon I'll either resort to money glitches or just simply stop playing altogether.

Smokewood
1 hour ago, AUScowboy said:

It's the end of the week R*, what do? Almost seems like you're dragging this out to milk the broken economy. Guess if they don't update it soon I'll either resort to money glitches or just simply stop playing altogether.

I'm frustrated too, but there really isn't a need to rush out and get every damn thing in the game right now either.

Just save the money you make and hope prices come down soon.

Jason

I could maybe buy the theory that they're milking it if you could buy gold bars, but you can't, so they're not milking it. Rushing economy fixes out is how you break things and breaking the economy this early in the games lifespan would be a huge problem.

kenmy13999

Can't brake what's already broken imo ;)

Didn't they say an update was coming this week? Doubt they roll out anything this weekend so they have tomorrow if they're going do what they say 

Jason

GUN PRICES HAVE BEEN SLASHED.

Mauser is now $600.

Edit: fishing prices also hit I think. Uhm.

Edited by Jason

kushnstien
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

GUN PRICES HAVE BEEN SLASHED.

Mauser is now $600.

Did not see that coming lol

Jason

Fishing and hunting has been hard quite hard. So making $200/hr seems to be too high for Rockstar's liking. Gonna wait for the dust to settle on how missions/pvp are paying out before I make my mind up, but the fishing/hunting nerf is uhhhhhhhhh. Especially if they've not made rare big pelts/fish significantly more valuable.

dairyworker

Not sure, cuse i hardly sold anytbing before, but possible increse at the fence. Got 2 something for a belt buckle and 3 something for a pocket watch....

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, dairyworker said:

Not sure, cuse i hardly sold anytbing before, but possible increse at the fence. Got 2 something for a belt buckle and 3 something for a pocket watch....

That seems more too, I thought jewls went for $1.??. Good news there.

Jason

I think prices for guns are about 40% lower and the money earned from fishing/hunting is about 40% lower. I *THINK* they might have slightly touched the prices of the big pelts, but I dunno how much across the board.

Waiting to see how much missions are paying out when repeated to see how the $/hr has been affected. I still think $150-$200 is the sweetspot, if that's still possible then it could be a decent change.

Of course, this is just the first pass too so nothing is final.

Tha-Jamz

So hunting is nerfed ? sigh...

Gonna check it out after i had my after dinner coffee.

I hope that its not like PVE players are now forced to do pvp to make some decent money.

Edited by Tha-Jamz

kushnstien

Made $11 from a Name Your Weapon match(usually got $7). Going to play more to see if there a bigger increase. Heard someone made $20 in the same lobby

Edited by kushnstien

éX-Driver

Are there still cosmetics locked solely behind gold bars? I want to change the plating on my guns, don’t want to grind out the 6 gold bars just to nickel plate my cattleman. 

IamCourtney

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60735/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Week-1-Update

Highlights:

• Increasing the cash and gold payments across a number of different activities including Free Roam Missions, Free Roam Events, replays of A Land of Opportunities Missions, Showdown Series modes and more.
  • Reducing the prices of most weapons in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co Catalogue and Gunsmiths. For players that have already purchased weapons at the previous prices, we will automatically deposit the difference to player balances starting today - please look for an alert message the next time you log in to the Red Dead Online Beta to notify you of this change, refunds may take up until December 10th to reach all players.
  • Balancing the values of select pelts, skins and fish as well as horse reviver and pamphlets.

As an added thank you for playing and helping us through the beta period, we're also awarding everyone that joined in to play the Red Dead Online Beta at any point through midnight PST today with a gift of RDO$250 and 15 Gold Bars. Gifts should start arriving today and will hit all eligible players by Friday, December 14th.

Jason

Fresh thread for discussion of the changes.