3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

areyouchappin

Red Dead Online Beta Status Updates

areyouchappin

Rockstar released a Beta Update on their website about 35 minutes ago, they say more of these will be rolling out as the Beta continues..

Beta Update #1

R* seems to have taken note of the in-game currency issues, will they lower the prices or are they talking about some currency exploits they have discovered?

They also have become aware of some bugs causing people to disconnect...

Does this ease your mind to know that R* is working hard for us... or is this just a publicity stunt to try and quiet all the chatter..

----------

Please leave your feedback forms for Rockstar.. HERE

Let them know about all the issues you or your friends are going through with Red Dead Online, no matter how big or small the issue may be. R* can't possibly know what's bothering you if you don't speak your mind! If we work together we can try and help R* fix as much of our issues as possible, so when the Red Dead Online Beta concludes, we get the game we all want and enjoy!

Fill out your feedback forms.. HERE

Edited by areyouchappin

dairyworker

After 5 yeaes of gtaonline i am scared to thi k of what they are gonna do. Would be happy to be proven wrong and have the online portion of this game saved, cuse right now i think it will be dead by xmas

Jason

Well time to see if Rockstar are indeed listening like they say.

IamCourtney

It's weird to see R* making their intentions and progress known through more than press releases and maybe one opaque, controlled interview with a dev every year or so. I've already posted about being pleasantly surprised to find this is an actual beta rather than a preemptive damage control operation, so I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt, send in some feedback and hope they mean what they say.

Edited by IamCourtney

Jason

By the way, it should be stressed that they aren't going to fix the economy in one pass. It's an on-going thing, so if some stuff is still out of whack or even if the payouts aren't quite right when they do the first tweak don't throw the game in the fire straight away. Keep up the feedback and we'll see if they listen.

TiberiusMcQueen

I really hope they actually mean it when they talk about balancing the payouts for activities to make them rewarding, part of me is terrified by that they actually mean "nerf hunting and fishing payouts because they accidentally made them profitable", I really hope they actually do what they need to do to fix it and make missions more profitable, standard consumables less expensive (as well as the random items here and there that inexplicably cost an arm and a leg), items you sell to the fence more valuable, and better loot from enemies.

RaigeGames

While I am skeptical, I think we will actually see improvement. Because if they don't balance the economy fairly then they have to know that all of the people that complained about the economy will just leave the game for good which hurts them more in the long run than a good money making method would in game

kushnstien

im guessing we will see better mission payouts. Dont think they will nerf hunting/fishing. Ill be surprised if they ever lower store item prices lol.

TheLordMarvel

Glad Rockstar are taking action right away.

Fixing the economy is very much needed. Plus those disconnections! 

Stormingz

I haven’t really been experiencing any disconnections, one or two here and there over the six days I’ve played, but it’s good to hear they’re fixing it none the less for the players who are.

I’m glad Rockstar are communicating, and they’ve been quick about it no less, like most here I seriously hope they don’t nerf hunting and fishing payouts, and bump up the story and showdown series payouts, I guess we’ll see what this economy fix actually means later this week. Fingers crossed Rockstar listen to the feedback.

I wonder if they’ll do anything regarding gold bars?

Edited by Stormingz

Lonely-Martin

Great to see this from them, for now. Time will tell. Very glad it's only a week in and we're seeing something, it's needed for sure!

TBH, it's PvE or bust for me though, and the balancing will need to take that into consideration too. (Stronger/more NPC's, higher potential success rate and such) so though I fully agree the economy is proper messy at the moment and needs addressing, if PvE sessions are to never come, in the long run, I just won't care, sounds harsh but I don't want to be forced into being a c*nt or a victim of trolling/grief.

I'd honestly rather do a mission 20 times over alone/with friends, than once around the poison enabled here. And I'm very cautious of locked content if we do get PvE sessions. And of course, the press are hammering this too, so I fear it's just to win favour and ignore other issues like session options.

Definitely gives me more hope they are listening, but for 2 years now in GTA, the focus has been adversarial and I'm close to giving up the ghost on this. If they don't and no 'solo public' is found soon, there's no game here for me. Be a shame, but I'm gonna hammer this until I know for sure, sorry if folk think I'm crying or bitching, these games offer so much potential to millions and this has sold only about 20% of what GTA did, so it's in their interest to not further reduce potential customers, I genuinely feel.

Doomsday Heist, and After Hours, with solo public and crew kicking on the rise rapidly saw those DLC's become the most profitable DLC's after near 5 years too. Clearly PvE players buy MTX too.

Time to step up R*.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling.

RaigeGames
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Great to see this from them, for now. Time will tell. Very glad it's only a week in and we're seeing something, it's needed for sure!

TBH, it's PvE or bust for me though, and the balancing will need to take that into consideration too. (Stronger/more NPC's, higher potential success rate and such) so though I fully agree the economy is proper messy at the moment and needs addressing, if PvE sessions are to never come, in the long run, I just won't care, sounds harsh but I don't want to be forced into being a c*nt or a victim of trolling/grief.

I'd honestly rather do a mission 20 times over alone/with friends, than once around the poison enabled here. And I'm very cautious of locked content if we do get PvE sessions. And of course, the press are hammering this too, so I fear it's just to win favour and ignore other issues like session options.

Definitely gives me more hope they are listening, but for 2 years now in GTA, the focus has been adversarial and I'm close to giving up the ghost on this. If they don't and no 'solo public' is found soon, there's no game here for me. Be a shame, but I'm gonna hammer this until I know for sure, sorry if folk think I'm crying or bitching, these games offer so much potential to millions and this has sold only about 20% of what GTA did, so it's in their interest to not further reduce potential customers, I genuinely feel.

Doomsday Heist, and After Hours, with solo public and crew kicking on the rise rapidly saw those DLC's become the most profitable DLC's after near 5 years too. Clearly PvE players buy MTX too.

Time to step up R*.

I'm with you on most of this, but we have to remember this was just the first week. Rockstar would be a fool not to have PvE, solo, or invite sessions in the works so I'm sure we'll get them in due time. I feel we were all lumped into one for stress testing purposes 

Mik73
14 minutes ago, RaigeGames said:

I'm with you on most of this, but we have to remember this was just the first week. Rockstar would be a fool not to have PvE, solo, or invite sessions in the works so I'm sure we'll get them in due time. I feel we were all lumped into one for stress testing purposes 

Same here. Looks like it'll be some economy adjusting this week and next. Hoping for some info on session types next week at least.  I mean, even big bad GTAO started with Invite/Crew/Solo lobbies when first released. Of course they've been steadily nerfing those by locking most new content behind forced public lobbies. But John taught us ways to dust those requirements...

rebeldevil

I will, for now, give them the benefit of the doubt. If they say they are going to adjust things and fix stuff, for now I'll believe them. I know they get a bad rap for letting some bugs go unfixed for ages, but one positive thing I can say is that whenever I've had an issue, their support team has always been extremely prompt in replying, and they've always managed to resolve the issues I've had to a satisfactory degree.

To be honest, in the time I played I didn't have too many technical issues. No connection problems, but I had some issues with mission markers vanishing. I told them about it (as well as what I did right before it happened) so hopefully that'll help.  That's something really important you can do when you're filing a bug report. TELL THEM WHAT YOU DID right before it happened. This can be a HUGE help in tracking down and killing bugs.

I'm not going to completely write the game off. IMO it's not in a good playable state at the moment, but that doesn't mean it never will be. I'm going to stay away from it for a while until they iron a few more things out. I have plenty of other games to keep myself occupied.

Emmi

I'm surprised they keep us updated like this, it's great to see what they are up to and we can expect first tweaks by the end of this week and then more updates next week.

Updates in which they hopefully add some ponchos to the wardrobe/general stores. :)

Tha-Jamz
8 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Time to step up R*.

I agree with you on this, i want private sessions so i can enjoy the game without worrying about ganks and griefers and play missions etc with friends and do some pvp when i feel like it.

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Tha-Jamz said:

I agree with you on this, i want private sessions so i can enjoy the game without worrying about ganks and griefers and play missions etc with friends and do some pvp when i feel like it.

Just seems off that in an open world, choice isn't offered.

Tha-Jamz
6 hours ago, Mik73 said:

Same here. Looks like it'll be some economy adjusting this week and next. Hoping for some info on session types next week at least.  I mean, even big bad GTAO started with Invite/Crew/Solo lobbies when first released. Of course they've been steadily nerfing those by locking most new content behind forced public lobbies. But John taught us ways to dust those requirements...

Thats why i didnt buy GTAV after i tryed it out at a friends house, the private sessions were limited.

And not just me, a lot of my gaming friends did feel the same and we skipped GTAV.

RyuNova

Triple/quadruple payouts and half prices of food.
Keep hunting prices the same, I feel its fair. I can make thirty dollars from hunting in the same time it takes me to finish a mission.

Lonely-Martin
21 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Thats why i didnt buy GTAV after i tryed it out at a friends house, the private sessions were limited.

And not just me, a lot of my gaming friends did feel the same and we skipped GTAV.

So go public, millions there, lol.

What a weak excuse. 'I don't play because others are having fun in their own game' lol.

Basically, without the weak to prey on, you lost interest, classic!

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Rithrius

I actually haven't been disconnected at all in the past 3 days or so.

Tha-Jamz
3 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

So go public, millions there, lol.

What a weak excuse. 'I don't play because others are having fun in their own game' lol.

Basically, without the weak to prey on, you lost interest, classic!

What the ? are u talking about ?

I lost interest cause i like to play pve style without being ganked all the time by griefiers.

But the private sessions are limited in GTAV, stuff you cant do, only in public sessions.

But okay, whateva.

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

What the ? are u talking about ?

I lost interest cause i like to play pve style without being ganked all the time by griefiers.

But the private sessions are limited in GTAV, stuff you cant do, only in public sessions.

But okay, whateva.

I misread there, my mistake and sorry for that.

I was reading it as though you were talking about day one/week one in GTA:O when we had full access to all content regardless of sessions. I didn't consider you as a later arrival to GTA:O. Again, my mistake. :)

Absolutely agree about the reduced content through being forced to public among bad sports.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Tha-Jamz
6 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I misread there, my mistake and sorry for that.

I was reading it as though you were talking about day one/week one in GTA:O when we had full access to all content regardless of sessions. I didn't consider you as a later arrival to GTA:O. Again, my mistake. :)

Absolutely agree about the reduced content through being forced to public among bad sports.

No worry's, its ok ;)

And yeah i was late in trying GTAV.

Edited by Tha-Jamz

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Tha-Jamz said:

No worry's, its ok ;)

And yeah i was late in trying GTAV.

Appreciated dude. Just had my fill of the grief out there and am fiercely after PvE friendly options, lol.

Peace out, let's hope so soon. :)

Tha-Jamz
Just now, Lonely-Martin said:

Appreciated dude. Just had my fill of the grief out there and am fiercely after PvE friendly options, lol.

Peace out, let's hope so soon. :)

No problem, i really understand what you are talking about, its best i leave my mic off for the moment when ingame lol ;)

3 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Triple/quadruple payouts and half prices of food.
Keep hunting prices the same, I feel its fair. I can make thirty dollars from hunting in the same time it takes me to finish a mission.

same here, its really steady for me the last couple a days.

I only got a 80mbit down and 10mbit up connection but very low latency on my line (always)

VDSL2 with pair bonding.

Emmi

I played RDO for an entire week, several hours a day and have only been disconnected ONCE. 

Jason

December 4th, 2018 Update:

We appreciate all the continued feedback we are receiving on the Red Dead Online Beta. For players concerned about the potential for progress and stat resets, we currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Beta’s rollout. We are currently still working on game stability and economy balancing for an update that we hope to release later this week. Please stay tuned for more news to come.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60726/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Status-Update

imburgundy
2 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Unfortunate IMO. Game's broke and they don't plan to fix it then. 

PC is doomed from day one, for if consoles can cheat and get away clean again. PC has no hope.

Is there a big cheat people are exploiting?