1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

KingBen

Has anyone found a way to get a solo session?

Smokewood
3 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Red Dead Online, not Red Dead Multiplayer.

Many solo activities bring solo players dude.

I won't log into RDO again unless there are friendly lobbies.

I can't be bothered to waste that much time.

They add a friendly lobby, I'll start leveling my guy again.

Three days was enough.

For the most part, I just want to be left the f*ck alone when I'm playing.

Edited by Smokewood

afriendlyreddot

I've gotten lucky and been kicked out into my own session by accident, took advantage to hunt and fish in peace. Unfortunately just like in GTAO if another player lands in the lobby somehow it opens up the flood gates for the rest of the cancer.

:(

Edited by afriendlyreddot

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

I won't log into RDO again unless there are friendly lobbies.

I can't be bothered to waste that much time.

They add a friendly lobby, I'll start leveling my guy again.

Three days was enough.

For the most part, I just want to be left the f*ck alone when I'm playing.

Hence the thread, folk are trying to find a way. Pointless crap like your post does nothing, IMO.

Smokewood
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Hence the thread, folk are trying to find a way. Pointless crap like your post does nothing, IMO.

OK here's the real answer.

You can't get a solo session like in GTAO and in fact I would rather you spend your time requesting friendly lobbies than trying to find out a way around it.

Having said all this, my initial response was meant to be funny.....

Lonely-Martin
5 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

OK here's the real answer.

You can't get a solo session like in GTAO and in fact I would rather you spend your time requesting friendly lobbies than trying to find out a way around it.

Having said all this, my initial response was meant to be funny.....

Working on it bub, plenty of time for both.

Hunterrrr

I’ve been trying to do the stranger mission trick, but every time I make it to the stranger, I get kicked before I can talk to him. 

BOOGIEMAN219

No problem with separate lobby for pve, I just hate when I'm in battle and boom I'm all by myself that is what I hope is a thing of the past. I don't actually know how to make a solo session in any game.

djb204
12 hours ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

No problem with separate lobby for pve, I just hate when I'm in battle and boom I'm all by myself that is what I hope is a thing of the past. I don't actually know how to make a solo session in any game.

That sounds like your internet isn’t stable enough to maintain a solid connection with other players. Might want to contact your ISP.

Revoemag

The servers are constantly updating themselves,  to make sure they're aware always players on the map. 

You may get a few minutes solo,  but it won't last long

Arkane

Something that has happened for me is some stranger missions have emptied the lobby and I have had a good few hours solo. I dunno if certain ones do that, but it has happened for me.

Revoemag
34 minutes ago, Arkane said:

Something that has happened for me is some stranger missions have emptied the lobby and I have had a good few hours solo. I dunno if certain ones do that, but it has happened for me.

Apperently the very 1st time a stranger mission is done it's done in a solo lobby,  but once the stranger mission has a name it becomes a public lobby mission (doing more missions from the same stranger)

Arkane
6 minutes ago, Revoemag said:

Apperently the very 1st time a stranger mission is done it's done in a solo lobby,  but once the stranger mission has a name it becomes a public lobby mission (doing more missions from the same stranger)

It is a public lobby mission true enough, but there is no one in the lobby when I'm doing it. Has happened on a few of them.

LordLoff

The MTU change only works with at least 950, bellow that I never manage to get connected to a sesdion and get the error connect message. I believe I get less crowded lobbies with 950 butcsince 99% are grieffers, just 2 people in town will make you worried enough not to enjoy the grind activities

On GTA I set it to lowest - 650 - and always get solo public lobbies for my sale runs

I have the same problem, as soon as I stop to stow a pelt or check the sachet, 3 guys are running after me and shooting, the dam expanded map doesnt even give you time to see their blips heading to you, you check and see people only at the edge of the map but in 2 seconds there is a galloping sound and on the third second your being hit

Also butcher camping is the new wave or people approach, wave friendly and that start shooting

The other day I was accepting an stranger mission and while the NPC was still explaining it to.me this dude came trowing dynamite sticks at us

This are not 12YO, these are 8YO, and without passive we are in for an nightmare

LordLoff
On 12/4/2018 at 8:24 PM, Lonely-Martin said:

Working on it bub, plenty of time for both.

Everyone forgets who really is griefging here, is no more than Robbstar itself, is the game that tells everyone they will be rewarded for F...ing up your missions

Robbstar will always make sure grinders and explores go through a living hell so they feel forced to go on microtransactions to level up and face OP weapons, and if 1 Million grinders stop playing the game they couldn't care less, as long they have 10.000 kids spending real money to play Red Dead Fortnite

So - ONCE AGAIN - Yes, workarounds are needed and vital and will be the only way to go, requesting friendly lobbies is useless because what Robbstar wants is dam crystal clear, you would need the same faith needed to believe Santa Clauss exists if you plan to request friendly lobbies to a company that makes a point on grieffing any single mission you start

Edited by LordLoff
Spelling errors

MagicNarcosis

I'm actually riding around in a session by myself and was wondering why until I seen the strangers method mentioned above.

I'm in a solo session right after this stranger mission i encountered.

Idk if they all make you do missions where you steal and kill, but this mission type did it for me. 

Ryan5252
16 hours ago, LordLoff said:

Robbstar will always make sure grinders and explores go through a living hell so they feel forced to go on microtransactions to level up and face OP weapons, and if 1 Million grinders stop playing the game they couldn't care less, as long they have 10.000 kids spending real money to play Red Dead Fortnite

I have $140mil + on GTA, just over $3k and 28 Gold on RDO. So I'd say I'd fit into grinder category. I've never felt the urge or the need to buy a shark card. 

DonnieVega
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, LordLoff said:

The MTU change only works with at least 950, bellow that I never manage to get connected to a sesdion and get the error connect message. I believe I get less crowded lobbies with 950 butcsince 99% are grieffers, just 2 people in town will make you worried enough not to enjoy the grind activities

On GTA I set it to lowest - 650 - and always get solo public lobbies for my sale runs

I have the same problem, as soon as I stop to stow a pelt or check the sachet, 3 guys are running after me and shooting, the dam expanded map doesnt even give you time to see their blips heading to you, you check and see people only at the edge of the map but in 2 seconds there is a galloping sound and on the third second your being hit

Also butcher camping is the new wave or people approach, wave friendly and that start shooting

The other day I was accepting an stranger mission and while the NPC was still explaining it to.me this dude came trowing dynamite sticks at us

This are not 12YO, these are 8YO, and without passive we are in for an nightmare

It feels like we're playing a totally different game! You say 99% are griefers? To me it feels like 5% max. Am I somehow being extremely lucky or are you maybe a little too focused on the bad apples? I mean, I've been playing a lot and I've only been interrupted by them on my hunting endeavors like 3 times. 

Pretty much the only time I meet the "pvp tryhard griefers" is when I enter a lobby and everyone is put in the same area. One person will start shooting and the others might want to defend themselves and so on. But I always just get on my horse and ride off to a quiet part of the map with a butcher in need of customers. 

Yes, I do make an effort to stay away from crowded areas. But when I do enter a town with a couple of people, I'm not being attacked...

ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, DonnieVega said:

It feels like we're playing a totally different game! You say 99% are griefers? To me it feels like 5% max. Am I somehow being extremely lucky or are you maybe a little too focused on the bad apples? I mean, I've been playing a lot and I've only been interrupted by them on my hunting endeavors like 3 times. 

Pretty much the only time I meet the "pvp tryhard griefers" is when I enter a lobby and everyone is put in the same area. One person will start shooting and the others might want to defend themselves and so on. But I always just get on my horse and ride off to a quiet part of the map with a butcher in need of customers. 

Yes, I do make an effort to stay away from crowded areas. But when I do enter a town with a couple of people, I'm not being attacked...

I've yet to be what I'd call griefed.

Sure I've been shot upon spawning after a mission, had 2 occasions where players have attempted to lasso me, had a guy who wouldn't leave my camp, even had someone troll my hunting trip by charging around scaring the animals away.

I personally would classify those types of incidents as trolling rather than griefing and on all occasions I cut my losses and changed lobby.

There have been plenty of annoying incidents, like hunting near Annesburg, Saint Denis and Valentine were both too active to risk getting to the butchers unmolested, so I had to ride all the way to an empty Strawberry to safely sell my goods. 

I'm mostly finding the North of the map, especially North West, to be relatively quiet most of the time. It's usually too far for anyone to be bothered coming after me.

But I'll basically go anywhere other players aren't when I want to hunt and sell. A 10 minute horse ride is still much more convenient than losing all my pelts.

Lonely-Martin
18 hours ago, LordLoff said:

Everyone forgets who really is griefging here, is no more than Robbstar itself, is the game that tells everyone they will be rewarded for F...ing up your missions

So - ONCE AGAIN - Yes, workarounds are needed and vital and will be the only way to go, requesting friendly lobbies is useless because what Robbstar wants is dam crystal clear, you would need the same faith needed to believe Santa Clauss exists if you plan to request friendly lobbies to a company that makes a point on grieffing any single mission you start

I'll keep trying until the first proper fix/DLC. But I'm offline until, and if they don't come, sh*t happens, and it's not a game for me. 

Having fun on my other games for now but sending the feedback until then. :)

ALifeOfMisery
18 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I'll keep trying until the first proper fix/DLC. But I'm offline until, and if they don't come, sh*t happens, and it's not a game for me. 

Having fun on my other games for now but sending the feedback until then. :)

Yeah, although I am getting into RDO more, without PvE and lobby option additions the game won't have long term appeal for me.

As with GTAO, I'm more than happy to play alone most of the time, but RDO seriously needs an equivalent of Heists, and even then they need replay value unlike the current story missions, to get me hooked long term.

As much as I'm adapting to the nature of the game and as much as I enjoy hunting in RDO, it won't keep me coming back for 5 years, especially in PvP only lobbies.

djb204
On 12/6/2018 at 12:00 AM, Revoemag said:

The servers are constantly updating themselves,  to make sure they're aware always players on the map. 

You may get a few minutes solo,  but it won't last long

hmm, I guess the servers forgot about me. Nearing 24hrs in a solo session. Appearing offline and matchmaking is set to OFF.

HockeyMike24
6 minutes ago, We Are Ninja said:

I've been using that method but it doesn't always work well. Sooner or later players start dropping in around you. I normally start my session in NA then travel towards Rhodes. But I guess it's better then nothing