3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ASMorgan

The economy is not broken...!

dieseltech20

The economy is screwed up and R* knows it. Their latest social media post said the economy is their current focus and they know it will require some additional balancing. They appreciate all the feedback coming in and want players to keep it coming.

Lonely-Martin
17 minutes ago, dieseltech20 said:

The economy is screwed up and R* knows it. Their latest social media post said the economy is their current focus and they know it will require some additional balancing. They appreciate all the feedback coming in and want players to keep it coming.

Yeah, reading now. But it's all part of the plan. Start low, and up it. Win favour and trigger the defenders to silence us further if its still poorly balanced.

PvE lobbies or bust, simple. We know they read the feedback now. (Or the bad press pushed them). Time will tell, but if those 2 updates (One at the end of this week, one next - If I'm reading the right things), we don't need 2 updates to balance the broken economy here.

Seems we'll know in a week or so just how much they do listen to the community. Hopeful, but sceptical.

But to those saying it's all good. Clearly R* disagrees too, lol. Nice!

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Nemecsis
2 hours ago, joedelta said:

Or you could level up and buy it. its not that hard of a concept. Gold bars unlock things or add cosmetics. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THEM!!!!!!! It's just like shark cards, they are there but not needed. Red Dead Online was included with the game free, you don't have to play it.

Can you tell nobody is impressed by you trying to act hard? Just quit. You look like a dick and nobody thinks it's cool. You're so caught up in trying to be tough with everyone, that you don't realize you're just saying stupid sh*t. "iF yOu DoN't LiKe iT, dOn'T pLaY" is a stupid argument. Rockstar is basically forcing microtransactions down everyone's throats and if you think that's okay, you got it twisted. If they keep it up, they'll lose most of their RDRO playerbase, along with millions of dollars. Everyone hates it, but you don't because you're too tough to care! Stay hard af bro!

Edited by Nemecsis

Xiled

Nothing is Free if you have to pay for it...

Qbert

The economy is what you make of it really to a certain extent. We as the consumer after all determine the economy and how many people play this online? Lots of demand and unending supply is like a wet dream for profit and video games are ripe for it so unless you aren't a very good business person you would do the same thing they are doing, could you imagine if trump ran the online part of this game? Like any economy though you don't have to buy if you don't want to but we all want to and or need to buy...look at gas sure we could all stop buying and ride bikes but c'mon....3.00$ a gallon 

Happy Hunter
15 hours ago, Jason said:

The power bar on guns isn't the be all and end all. The Mauser is powerful cause it's rate of fire is significantly higher than anything else in the game, in Deadeye it's crazy fast.

That said the best gun in the game atm is the Varmint rifle which is like 74 dollars lmao

Doesn't its accuracy go way down when you shoot fast though? I remember in the first Redemption - the Mauser was a beast. In story mode it didn't feel so great here to me. Although, characters online seem weaker - maybe it's better than I give it credit for.

Oh, and I was surprised with the Varmint lol. I didn't even think to use it on players. I didn't think it'd even kill anyone. Someone asked if I tried it on them - when I did, easy headshots, actually very useful.

Jason
6 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Doesn't its accuracy go way down when you shoot fast though? I remember in the first Redemption - the Mauser was a beast. In story mode it didn't feel so great here to me. Although, characters online seem weaker - maybe it's better than I give it credit for.

Oh, and I was surprised with the Varmint lol. I didn't even think to use it on players. I didn't think it'd even kill anyone. Someone asked if I tried it on them - when I did, easy headshots, actually very useful.

Idk how it works online as I haven't got it yet but in SP it was f*cking insane. Dual wield + deadeye and it was crazy, you could wipe out huge groups in literally a second. There's no time slowdown for deadeye in RDO obviously but I'm still expecting it to be a close quarter beast here due to the rate of fire, mind you I bet it'll chew through ammo FAST.

And yea, the Varmint rifles accuracy is insane. It'll probably get nerfed so it's 2 shots to the head for a kill on a player cause right now it can make even the worst players go from 5k 5d in PvP to 15k+ 5d lol.

Edited by Jason

areyouchappin

I really don't like how a lot of random things are stuck behind a Ranking Requirement.. it's a little annoying. I can't even buy a decent hat yet.. 😒

The Wandering Hunter

the clothing prices can go f*ck themselves. played for a couple hours then looked in all the stores and there was basically nothing i could buy except a horse brush

oh and recipes? just no

MXVC
11 hours ago, Watain said:

Is the economy broken? Let'see. It takes approximately 8hrs to earn one gold bar. Horse insurance costs 5 gold bars. That's 40 hours of grinding. That's not balanced, that's diabolical.

What is with excessive 'grinding' in video games anyway? Games should give an escape from the grind of real life, and they should be fun. R* doesn't have to treat gamers this way to make large profits. 

DreadedSilverback

So I would agree money in itself isn't the problem so much as lack of avenues to make money and the absolutely atrocious way unlocks work. lack of avenues is pretty self explanatory though I believe maybe some are being worked such as gambling and selling of horses. (In those cases I'm predicting R* is simply trying to implement them in a way that doesn't break the system and is not to easy to grievously exploit). Now the unlocks is where things make zero f*cking sense, half of these seem to have been decided with a dart board. There is simply not enough buyable content to spread out evenly from lvl 1-100, so things seem to have just been done at the drop of a hat. Case in point , you unlock the bolt action rifle at lvl 7 given that this is arguably one of the strongest weapons in the game it makes no sense that its unlock should have taken precedent over something like the Springfield or the lancaster. It also costs 360$ so your only options are to grind and save (most likely through hunting which will definitely not be everyones cup of tea) or not have any decent guns till you level up higher. And if you do decide to buy it like I did to facilitate hunting, it makes the Springfield pointless.This is also the case with many of the other weapons, only ones that don't have that problem really are the pistols. Quite frankly none of the clothing should be level gated given how little there is and that some such as the leather duster are on top of a high level requirement for basically no reason cost 240$ . Unfortunately more then likely the only way to fix this is for rockstar to reset the system, which will piss people off, so its doubtful that this may be changed. Also the fact that some sh*t is just locked behind gold bar (some of which is an actual unlock reward) is f*cking ridiculous 

Tha-Jamz
28 minutes ago, DreadedSilverback said:

(most likely through hunting which will definitely not be everyones cup of tea)

Well for me it is, but if i get shot almost every single time i try to get to the butcher by some [email protected]#$%! ganker/griefer kiddo...

So private sessions is really a big thing, we need them.

If *Rockstar wants to lose atleast 30%of there player base (roleplayers and pve players) but thats up to them.

And i believe that especially roleplayers and pve players are more likely to invest in clothing and other stuff trhu micro transactions if they can play on private servers/sessions, so if i was *Rockstar i would think again...

But hey who am i to give them advise...

GTA3Rockstar
22 hours ago, ASMorgan said:

I don't see how saying the payouts suck but that doesn't mean you can't manage is a difficult statement to understand lol.

It would be great to get $20 for completing a stranger mission...but, we don't & that sucks. That being said, it's still damn easy to make money in this game.

There's a difference between being easy and the amount you get. The amount of money you get shouldn't feel so little to the amount it costs to get some of the simple things in the game. It should feel equal

areyouchappin
29 minutes ago, DreadedSilverback said:

Unfortunately more then likely the only way to fix this is for rockstar to reset the system, which will piss people off, so its doubtful that this may be changed.

Believe me, if Rockstar wants to reset something.. they will haha

In GTA5 Online, a long time ago Modders were running around handing out billions of dollars to random players, people were duplicating high end cars and selling them, and R* had a bugged armored truck system that would constantly respawn armored trucks that players would fight over to rob and make lots of fast money, you could replay any mission like Base Invaders over and over with friends and it was $25,000 each time. Players even had Single Player vehicles modded into the Online game like The Space Docker!  It was pretty wild..

Rockstar pulled the plug on everything real quick and took everyone's money away, they gave everyone $500,000 to start over with. We kept all of the stuff we had bought, but our money was gone, the 4 million I worked hard for was gone. I guess if you purchased Shark Cards before they took away the money, you just kept whatever money you had already bought. So, I have no doubt that R* will happily reset Red Dead Online if they need too.

Tha-Jamz
1 hour ago, MXVC said:

Well i dont mind the grind, i do like it that i have to make some effort to get something, but many things in this economy of RDRO are ridiculous <--

ALifeOfMisery

It seems that R* would agree that the in game economy is indeed broken, at least to some degree, and that in game activities would be more rewarding and fun after a rebalancing of the in game economy.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Lonely-Martin
5 hours ago, Jclangley75 said:

It’s is so funny to me how some people want thing to be so easy.  The economy is fine. Stop crying and get off your butt and go work to get the money to buy what you want. I can make more per hour in the game than I can at my real job.  You want easy? There are hundreds of game out that will just hand you first place, for doing nothing. 

R* disagrees, lol.

Must add 2 things, work = gaming, lol. And, Minecraft through its creative mode does indeed give us full access to every item in-game to play with how we want. And that game outsold even GTA V/O. Seems there's definitely room for much to change here.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Added more as ninja'd above ;)

Tha-Jamz
1 minute ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

It seems that R* agree would agree that the in game economy is indeed broken, at least to some degree, and that in game activities would be more rewarding and fun after a rebalancing of the in game economy.

oh, i just made a thread with some news on the upcoming update this week.

Ghoffman9

Rockstar is only making the changes to the economy cause there is an uproar about it, it would have remained right where it is if people really did not complain about it. Even if they do change it we cannot let our guard down cause they can try to crank up the dial again later down the road, just like they did with Gta Online.

Lonely-Martin
13 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

Rockstar is only making the changes to the economy cause there is an uproar about it, it would have remained right where it is if people really did not complain about it. Even if they do change it we cannot let our guard down cause they can try to crank up the dial again later down the road, just like they did with Gta Online.

What makes me laugh more is that R* are keen for us to give feedback, and with potentially millions doing so, opinions will clash. So I find it hilariously out of place that others are telling us to stop and accept what we individually might like to see addressed. If R* disagrees with anyone's feedback, they have the trash can icon already to use, lol.

We can only ask, and if it's a common request, seems there's definitely something up.

Nutduster
5 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

It seems that R* would agree that the in game economy is indeed broken, at least to some degree, and that in game activities would be more rewarding and fun after a rebalancing of the in game economy.

They only agree insofar as too many players are complaining about it.  They will fine-tune until they reach the perfect balance between "game is still grindy as hell and microtransactions provide a perfect shortcut" vs. "players want to murder us in our sleep."

Edited by Nutduster

ALifeOfMisery
8 minutes ago, Nutduster said:

They only agree insofar as too many players are complaining about it.  They will fine-tune until they reach the perfect balance between "game is still grindy as hell and microtransactions provide a perfect shortcut" vs. "players want to murder us in our sleep."

Completely agree, if it wasn't for the backlash R* wouldn't entertain changing anything. They will aim to strike a balance in the exact manner you put forward.

But, as far as threads like this are concerned "the economy is not broken", I think that train of thought can be officially put to bed now. It is broken, R* have all but admitted that it is, even if only due to player complaints.

kenmy13999
30 minutes ago, Nutduster said:

That's what I believe also. Said it earlier in another thread that it wouldn't surprise me if they deliberately set it super low and adjust it bit by bit until people (are satisfied, scratch that) can live with it..  ;)

Gallows

Economy has two levels and the gold level is very broken whereas the dollars level is just a bit unbalanced. I wonder what part they intend on rebalancing or how much.

Lonely-Martin
4 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Economy has two levels and the gold level is very broken whereas the dollars level is just a bit unbalanced. I wonder what part they intend on rebalancing or how much.

Definitely a week of interest. Do the players count, or the headlines...

Man I hope session types get this level of heat. ;)

Gallows
4 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Definitely a week of interest. Do the players count, or the headlines...

Man I hope session types get this level of heat. ;)

Yes. The economy is obvious but lobby types will mean a lot in the long run.

Boozey St John

I cleared two gang hideouts and looted 51¢ per camp, after adding all the looted change together.

Then when I died once, it took all my money away when I respawned. (I had to work for that 1.02 cents)

DreadedSilverback
8 hours ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Well for me it is, but if i get shot almost every single time i try to get to the butcher by some [email protected]#$%! ganker/griefer kiddo...

So private sessions is really a big thing, we need them.

If *Rockstar wants to lose atleast 30%of there player base (roleplayers and pve players) but thats up to them.

And i believe that especially roleplayers and pve players are more likely to invest in clothing and other stuff trhu micro transactions if they can play on private servers/sessions, so if i was *Rockstar i would think again...

But hey who am i to give them advise...

Yea I feel your pain man , me and a friend were out hunting the other evening fully loaded horses on our way to blackwater. He had to stop for a few minutes so he could do something Irl. In that short time two guys popped out of no where , mobbed us both and killed both our horses. Half an hour or so of work down the drain in about 15 seconds cause some dudes decided to be assholes. worst part is when you actually go to fight them they almost always run away. But yea I think a pve roleplay server would be good or just like have a hunting passive mode or some such. The thing that worries me about all of this is that regardless that just like with GTA online higher lvl players will be able to lock out lower level people from making money. Luckly this time we won't have as many people with glitched money so that pool will be smaller but still. R* needs to not enable assholes by giving highlevel and rich people all sorts of toys they can used to f*ck with lower levels and work on making a more balanced system for everyone. 

Ghoffman9

They need to add in a passive mode, just put in some measures to keep it from being abused. I would like to be able to take a sh*t without my character getting killed 20 times while I do so. The most effective being if you engaged in PvP, you cannot activate it for five minutes. That way those just looking to abuse it to make themselves invulnerable will not be able to. Leaving only those looking to use it for legitimate reasons will able to do so. I should not have to move my camp to somewhere at least remotely near me just so I can park my character there and do what I need to do in real life without some asshat farming kills. Its surprising how many stoop that low, talk about shallow and pathetic.

Tha-Jamz
4 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

They need to add in a passive mode, just put in some measures to keep it from being abused. I would like to be able to take a sh*t without my character getting killed 20 times while I do so. The most effective being if you engaged in PvP, you cannot activate it for five minutes. That way those just looking to abuse it to make themselves invulnerable will not be able to. Leaving only those looking to use it for legitimate reasons will able to do so. I should not have to move my camp to somewhere at least remotely near me just so I can park my character there and do what I need to do in real life without some asshat farming kills. Its surprising how many stoop that low, talk about shallow and pathetic.

No not passive mode, but private sessions.

So i can make a private session and invite only the people i want to play with.

I understand that they already found a way around passive mode in GTAV online so i think that wont be a solution.

I keep saying and asking for it thru the feedback option, private sessions.