3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ASMorgan

The economy is not broken...!

bigraj

The hunting will be even better with better connectivity and hopefully a passive mode for hunters.  I hate losing all the saved pelts and carcasses when I lose connection, or some jackass shoots me in the back of the head.

Tha-Jamz
9 hours ago, Watain said:

MTX greed gone insane.

Its not just in games, in real life greed and short term shareholders are already ruining the world for years now.

Banks, big corporations and politicians... (legalised criminals...)

Watain
3 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Its not just in games, in real life greed and short term shareholders are already ruining the world for years now.

Banks, big corporations and politicians... (legalised criminals...)

At least we've always known how rotten they are. Gaming companies like Rockstar were our saviours from our daily lives with good and fun games. Not anymore though, I guess. Banks and shareholders got their hands on them as well, and the politicians have been harassing them and us about violents games for decades.

It's a sad age for gaming (and most other things).

Hatin Since 87
16 hours ago, joedelta said:

Remember, we live in the entitlement age. 

I know right? The entitlement some people have, telling others what they should and shouldn’t spend their money on and how much they think other people should be ok with making. What a shame. 

lennymuhboi

I will reserve judgment until train heists are released.

Hatin Since 87

Also, if the economy isn’t broken, why are companies like ign saying it is? All it takes is a quick look on the forums here, Reddit, ign, etc. every single one says the economy is broken, but, lucky for us we have the only person that’s figured out it isn’t broken... just don’t spend your money. 

f*cking brilliant! 

Gallows
1 hour ago, Callahan44 said:

Im not saying hunting shouldnt be valuable,it just shouldnt be basically the best you can do. You want to keep higher payouts then missions and as a bonus you get meat,which would be really expensive to buy and probably unique clothing soon,doesnt make sense to me. 

Even with no payment hunting would be important(i dont want tha!).

Meat isn’t a bonus in terms of progression. In missions you also get gold nuggets (however small the payout is). I sell most of my meat. Meat itself is not a bonus. I keep maximum 25% for eating. Yes I believe hunting, fishing, farming all such things should have the greatest payout in terms of cash, while missions, PvP and series should have the greatest payout in terms of experience (and gold).

1 hour ago, bigraj said:

The hunting will be even better with better connectivity and hopefully a passive mode for hunters.  I hate losing all the saved pelts and carcasses when I lose connection, or some jackass shoots me in the back of the head.

No passive mode ever, it’s some toxic crap mixed with PvP lobbies. PvE lobbies are fine though.

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Meat isn’t a bonus in terms of progression. In missions you also get gold nuggets (however small the payout is). I sell most of my meat. Meat itself is not a bonus. I keep maximum 25% for eating. Yes I believe hunting, fishing, farming all such things should have the greatest payout in terms of cash, while missions, PvP and series should have the greatest payout in terms of experience (and gold).

So, no encouragement on teamwork or co-op play then. Just lone wolfs and adversarial modes, including freemode.

Very simple game that.

Gallows
20 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

So, no encouragement on teamwork or co-op play then. Just lone wolfs and adversarial modes, including freemode.

Very simple game that.

Exp is important. You get none from hunting. It is the “everything from one activity” I dislike. If hunting does not pay more there is no need for it except one animal every day and quality does not matter. Playing the series I play alone often, yes it is on teams, but really it’s not rocket science. Same goes for missions. 

I am against being able to do just one thing and get everything and RDR was designed to agree with me. I strongly support that design. And no you can’t just do hunting - bad exp and no gold.

But as I already stated, the current difference is too great between hunting and missions.

My idea for balance in terms of relative values.

Hunting: $ = 100%, Exp = 10%, gold = 0%

Missions/series: $ = 65%, Exp =100%, Gold = 100%

Edited by Gallows

SAS_Intruder

I don't agree that hunting should be main source of income.  It is great side activity and should help you survive but after all, game isn't hunting or fishing simulator. Money should come from the missions, at least imo.

Also, there is no reason to increase payouts,  just lower the prices. Because as long as ratio is the same, why would we create inflation for no reason? GTA started with realistic prices and for example,  Comet (Porsche  911) cost was 100k which is real life price or very close to it. Dominator (V8 Mustang) was priced at 35k which is again,  almost identical to real life. And then everything changed. Payouts did rise a lot but prices did as well. Now, GTAO is like North Korea,  we need milion dollars for some old rust bucket and everything worth less is basically worthless how much money player can make. 

I just don't want to see ridiculous inflation system back in RDR0.

Edited by SAS_Intruder

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Gallows said:

Exp is important. You get none from hunting. It is the “everything from one activity” I dislike. If hunting does not pay more there is no need for it except one animal every day and quality does not matter. Playing the series I play alone often, yes it is on teams, but really it’s not rocket science. Same goes for missions. 

I am against being able to do just one thing and get everything and RDR was designed to agree with me. I strongly support that design. And no you can’t just do hunting - bad exp and no gold.

But as I already stated, the current difference is too great between hunting and missions.

Yeah, no.

Hunting is a side activity, co-op and adversarial modes are the focus of online gaming. I disagree dude, there should be benefits to putting in more than simply hunting. Folk want cash more than rank often, so they just repeat the same sh*t because that's what gives the most of all really, especially as soon XP means f*ck all and we can pay to win there instead.

SAS_Intruder
35 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Problem with that is once maximum level for unlocking everything is reached, there is no more motivation for playing those missions unless you care leveling up only because some other reason. And based on how incompetent players are when it comes to missions, more players would just stick to hunting to earn more and avoid frustration. 

Edited by SAS_Intruder

KennyLoggins

If a can of beans is worth more than a gold ring, I think there must be something wrong... Lol

Lonely-Martin
4 minutes ago, KennyLoggins said:

If a can of beans is worth more than a gold ring, I think there must be something wrong... Lol

Still makes me laugh.

If I go to my local store with a gold ring, the dude would probably let me take all the tinned food, let alone the beans. 

And folk harp on about realism. 

SAS_Intruder

Or when you need 50 gold watches to get a bow. In reality,  your family would be set for years to come. In RDR Online, you get a BOW, and very primitive one. 

Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, SAS_Intruder said:

Or when you need 50 gold watches to get a bow. In reality,  your family would be set for years to come. In RDR Online, you get a BOW, and very primitive one. 

Sticks and string!

I mean, the story has native Americans, and I'm sure they'd even use bark strips or something. The fishing rod too, pure comedy to me.

Gallows
25 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Yeah, no.

Hunting is a side activity, co-op and adversarial modes are the focus of online gaming. I disagree dude, there should be benefits to putting in more than simply hunting. Folk want cash more than rank often, so they just repeat the same sh*t because that's what gives the most of all really, especially as soon XP means f*ck all and we can pay to win there instead.

Well that’s an opinion. I see hunting as a main activity and even Hunt with my posse. It has been designed as a main activity for cash and considering the detail of hunting it is waranted.

It’s not like I say missions should not give you cash. They should, and much more than they do now on average - just less than hunting. Gold payout of missions should be rebalanced, so for the end game, when experience doesn’t matter you get more money from hunting, farming, working your saloon if those things are added. You then get less money, but in turn gold, from missions and series. You will never get a single nugget of gold from the activities similar to hunting. Missions and series remain viable forever. Gold needs to be rebalanced a bit though, but even if it isn’t missions/series should be the only way to get it through gameplay.

I think this is also what R* is aiming for, although the balance is a bit off at the moment.

Anyway. We disagree. I think your idea to get everything from one activity is silly and you think my opinion of hunting being the main money making method is silly. Lets not milk the cow further, until farming is implemented 😊

Edited by Gallows

Lonely-Martin
5 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Well that’s an opinion. I see hunting as a main activity and even Hunt with my posse. It has been designed as a main activity for cash and considering the detail of hunting it is waranted.

It’s not like I say missions should not give you cash. They should, and much more than they do now on average - just less than hunting. Gold payout of missions should be rebalanced, so for the end game, when experience doesn’t matter you get more money from hunting, farming, working your saloon if those things are added. You then get less money, but in turn gold, from missions and series. You will never get a single nugget of gold from the activities similar to hunting. Missions and series remain viable forever. Gold needs to be rebalanced a bit though, but even if it isn’t missions/series should be the only way to get it through gameplay.

I think this is also what R* is aiming for, although the balance is a bit off at the moment.

Anyway. We disagree. I think your idea yo get everything from one activity is silly and you think my opinion of hunting being the main money making method is silly. Lets not milk the cow further, until farming is implemented 😊

I think it's daft that the main focus of this online game is one of the main focuses of the story mode. This should be far more and not that simple.

And hunting remains viable forever. Food/crafting.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

KennyLoggins

So what's people's routines when you go hunting? I hang around strawberry, just to the south and literally shoot every animal I see and skin it, birds and small game I've found to be the best. When I get home I'm going to try and get a wagon and just fill it up with deer carcasses, and whatever else I can get in there.

I get at least 30 dollars per trip which takes around 10-15 minutes. Everything I collect from animals, including meat, horns, feathers etc I sell. It all adds up!

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, KennyLoggins said:

So what's people's routines when you go hunting? I hang around strawberry, just to the south and literally shoot every animal I see and skin it, birds and small game I've found to be the best. When I get home I'm going to try and get a wagon and just fill it up with deer carcasses, and whatever else I can get in there.

I get at least 30 dollars per trip which takes around 10-15 minutes. Everything I collect from animals, including meat, horns, feathers etc I sell. It all adds up!

Anything that can fit in a satchel, always.

Anything a twat or R* can see deleted at a whim, pass.

Callahan44
Just now, KennyLoggins said:

North of st denis,fill pockets with spoonbill,pelicans and herons,kill some aligators/dear/pigs/rats/frogs etc on the way. 

SAS_Intruder

I don't think everyone likes to go around killing every animal you see. In real hunting,  I was taught to hunt only when needed and to use everything animal provides. RDR has very realistic animals and just slaughtering them all from short term profit doesn't seem right. Hunting should take time, it should be more of a spiritual journey as well as way of connecting with nature and your predecessors.  Forcing hunting as a primary source of income is not something I would enjoy. 

Callahan44
1 minute ago, SAS_Intruder said:

I don't think everyone likes to go around killing every animal you see. In real hunting,  I was taught to hunt only when needed and to use everything animal provides. RDR has very realistic animals and just slaughtering them all from short term profit doesn't seem right. Hunting should take time, it should be more of a spiritual journey as well as way of connecting with nature and your predecessors.  Forcing hunting as a primary source of income is not something I would enjoy. 

It kinda is like that if you hunt for the trapper and not for cash. We need that guy asap.

Dr.Rosenthal

@SAS_Intruder I really agree there. As of now, hunting really is about riding fast and killing as much as you can. But from what I gather, if you want perfect pelts you can benefit from going more slowly, try and aim better or use less intrusive weapons etc.

But yeah, hunting should be more slow-paced than it is in the game, if it would be anything close to realistic.

Lonely-Martin
8 minutes ago, SAS_Intruder said:

Totally agree, but it's what gets folk their toys and sh*t quicker in order to not be out balanced in PvP.

It is a game too, some don't care for the economy, so it is the focus for now, unfortunately.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
wording

Dlow-1962
8 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

This makes zero sense.

You say freemode there was 'break even at best' but you also list things that came far later than launch too. The later content like bunkers and such came during a time when in freemode we can make a killing with VIP work.

Bad example. 🤣🤣🤣

I was on GTA5 from day 1

yes the things listed came later on except missions ect….at the start you were doing missions races ect or you were BROKE....and the killing you claim for VIP work...…..sorry I never felt the love...……..and how many years did it take to get there

8 hours ago, Callahan44 said:

You call that more balanced? Anything besides hunting pays like almost nothing. I mean its really nice freeroam is worth playing but imo it shouldnt be the best money making method. And atm theres no balance at all. Selling 1 perfect heron gets you like 10 bucks, a good race gets you 2,50...like wtf.

well yes I do call it more balanced...…….think of the time you spend in a race, then think how long you spend hunting and going back to town to sell...…...hunting payout is bigger but time spent is more

kushnstien
1 hour ago, KennyLoggins said:

fishing. Spent 1 gold on a river lure (unlocks @ level 30) , Fish salmon at Owanjila, make $42.50 Every 10 mins or so. One of the better investments you can purchase with gold lol. 

Edited by kushnstien

Dlow-1962
5 hours ago, IamCourtney said:

I gotta know the story here... Did you fall asleep with the catalogue open and your finger on the Buy  button or something? XD

LOL no I didn't fall asleep...…...there was a one click option using the catalogue to purchase max amount …….I clicked it thinking I would get 40 arrows but bam it took the last 40 or so dollars I had at that time when I went to the post office to pick up my parcel it allowed me to pick up 40 of 6000

joedelta
7 hours ago, Nemecsis said:

Lol congrats. $900 for a f*cking shotgun. Don't remember how much the Bolt is exactly, but they're going for "realism" with Red Dead and then pricing $25 guns (1899) at $350-400. Sniper rifles are $700. A Mauser PISTOL is over $1,000. I could also afford them as well, but if R* doesn't want to lose millions of real life dollars, they HAVE TO fix this dumbass economy. So I'll wait to buy the better guns until they're a bit more fairly priced, because they will be eventually. Like I said, Varmint is really all you need if you're good enough. I'll be okay without a $350+ gun that takes 30 minutes to cock. ;)

If they were going for realism, we would only make about 450 for the year. I love how everyone sits there complaining about guns/items not costing 1890's price, yet they have no problem with make wages more then the actual time period. SMH. The average person back didn't have a stock pile of horses and guns within one week, much less one year.

36 minutes ago, kushnstien said:

fishing. Spent 1 gold on a river lure (unlocks @ level 30) , Fish salmon at Owanjila, make $42.50 Every 10 mins or so. One of the better investments you can purchase with gold lol. 

Someone is figuring it out, not that hard to make money. Hell even worms, crickets, and crayfish catch them. I normally fish til i hit my salmon limit and sell the other fish. 1.00 a piece but it adds up when you have 20 plus.

Edited by joedelta

Hatin Since 87
5 minutes ago, joedelta said:

If they were going for realism, we would only make about 450 for the year. I love how everyone sits there complaining about guns/items not costing 1890's price, yet they have no problem with make wages more then the actual time period. SMH. The average person back didn't have a stock pile of horses and guns within one week, much less one year.

Uhhhhh. What? 

So you think a can of beans costs more than a gold ring in 1899?