4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ASMorgan

The economy is not broken...!

SAS_Intruder
2 hours ago, joedelta said:

I am already 3 tent upgrades in, own the rolling block, have a second horse(main one has insurance), own multiple pieces of clothes, own a posse, own a pole and fishing gear, yet still have money. It's not that hard. Hunt, fish, loot buildings, cook extra meat. sell herbs. Each 5 levels gets you a treasure map. Plus i have had a blast since Tuesday, so i stand by my statement people want stuff handed to them.

Your statement is incorrect.  It is not that people want everything handed out to them, it is more that they want money they deserve based on missions and other activities.  There is no reason why you need to do multiple stranger missions just to get a haircut. Or you need few good deers for change of facial hair. 

And don't forget the gold. Yes, if you want to use real money, you can get pretty much everything by using gold. That isn't pay to win? Or should we talk about how you need 5 gold bars for horse insurance? 

Just keep swiping your card, others have real bills to pay. 

lugnut

3 hours ago, Bad Azz said:

Once again, as I previously mentioned on many occasions already, this is the Wild West, not the land of capitalism and over consumption.

Dude: How can you be so utterly blind to the excrutiating irony of that statement.

RDO is *all about* R*'s egregious capitalism & push for over-consumption. That's the whole goddamned problem.

Bad Azz
18 minutes ago, lugnut said:

Dude: How can you be so utterly blind to the excrutiating irony of that statement.

RDO is *all about* R*'s egregious capitalism & push for over-consumption. That's the whole goddamned problem.

That's pretty much what I was trying to illustrate.

Chrismads
1 hour ago, Nemecsis said:

Most guns are way too expensive, but the Varmint Rifle is only $72 and although it's only a .22 caliber rifle, it's VERY accurate and if you're good at lining up headshots, you'll be borderline unstoppable. It is FAR better than the Carbine Rifle if you're going for headshots. And why wouldn't you be?

How are they too expensive? I could earn enough for the bolt with 1 mission and 1 treasure/2 hunting trips.

You know you only have to buy it once right? 

Only problem i have with buying guns is the rank requirements. I wanna buy the Litchfield, which I could easily affort, but i got 3 ranks to go.

ASMorgan

Yeah, It would be nice to get $20 for completing a stranger mission...but, that's the only way the economy sucks.

It's not too hard to make or keep money, even if you're buying weapons...I could go buy a Bolt Action Rifle, 500 rounds & still have $100 or so left over. The only reason I'm not spending everything immediately is because I specifically want some pretty expensive things that only unlock for higher ranks & don't need everything else inbetween until I can afford it.

Go play the game modes to make some money - I only go something like 6 kills & 2 deaths during a shootout & get maybe $5 or $6 for 10 minutes of enjoyable gameplay...I mean it beats b*tching about how bad & hard it is lol & you'll make a few bucks that you think is terribly hard to make.

kenmy13999
6 hours ago, ASMorgan said:

As I said, prices & payouts suck,

..it is damn easy to get money in this game.

It's things like this that makes me realise why some people can defend the economy in game, they just don't know any better ;)

If we should believe what people say about pricing, that people will have something to work towards and not have everything right away, they may be right but it kind of confirms that we won't get much updates/dlc's either..

When you have to play over 800 hours to unlock something that's in the vanilla game, just imagine the hours something in a dlc will take if we go by how much more dlc items in gtao costs. You'll either have to pay real money or you have to play/grind over 100 days just to be able to buy a saloon, want upgrades to that saloon? Okay, we're talking at least 150 days.. 

ASMorgan

I don't see how saying the payouts suck but that doesn't mean you can't manage is a difficult statement to understand lol.

It would be great to get $20 for completing a stranger mission...but, we don't & that sucks. That being said, it's still damn easy to make money in this game.

Watain

The thing with the current in-game economy is that it feels like working, except you can't afford to have some fun with your hard-earned money. To me that just makes the game a tedious grind that's ultimately boring as well. On top of that they make the game, just like with GTA Online, a consumers' haven. So you're encouraged to consume and you work hard to do so, but in the end you earn way too little to be a consumer anyway.

If this game economy is left intact post-beta phase, I'm not gonna be able to see the longevity or fun in the gameplay. It's like 1899 earnings with 2018 prices. MTX greed gone insane.

Edited by Watain

kenmy13999
5 minutes ago, ASMorgan said:

I don't see how saying the payouts suck but that doesn't mean you can't manage is a difficult statement to understand lol.

I understand that you don't see that, it's actually real easy to see that ;)

There's a difference between easy to get money and you can manage with the lousy payouts that is.. 

If you have a low paying job in real life it isn't exactly easy to get money but you can still manage with what you get. You see the difference? 

Happy Hunter

I think people are too distracted with the small numbers regarding standard money. It's the gold that's more concerning. That takes forever to build up. Money - you can get some hunting.

I have a bolt-action rifle (fully upgraded), varmint rifle (again, fully upgraded), bow, fishing rod, will very soon have a pump action shotgun. The standard money - it's tight, but there are ways of getting it. The gold is more worth worrying about.

Mrnrfan182

I’d love to see RDR:O be an absolute failure.  The business practice of forcing players to buy currency by grossly unbalancing time played vs money earned is comically bad and deserves to be punished.  If RDR:O were a ghost town after the holidays I wouldn’t be disappointed...maybe Rockstar would quit the sh*t.

What’s worse still is I played GTA:O from day one and saw the decline.  I watched as game mechanics were changed to purposely neuter the players ability to make money.  I watched as missions were removed, cool down timers were added and the economy inflated.  I watched money glitches patched at record pace while day one wall breeches remain.  I don’t trust Rockstar...and that’s the problem.  I’m not investing 150 hours for a couple of jackets and a gun.  I’m just not...

If Rockstar wants more of my money they can just ask me for it directly with paid DLC or a monthly membership.  Maybe then they’d actually focus on making the game fun.  But I will never buy money...and no one else should either...it’s just not a good road for us as gamers...but all I can do is opt not to support them by not playing, so that’s what I’m going to do...

Edited by Mrnrfan182

TheSantader25
4 hours ago, Quinn_flower said:

hi r* same old sh*t like gta online right?  

GTA Online is an Angel when you compare it to this game. Also it had far better money glitches. This game sucks in that regard as well. 

-Items are 5 times more expensive than SP

-loot is very minimum in houses

-Selling stuff gives you 5 times less than SP

-the mission payouts are equal to "robbing a single human" in SP. 

-A haircut costs more than it's real life counterpart in 2018.

Yeah. "The Economy isn't Broken" 

And gold bars suck ass. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Lonely-Martin
2 hours ago, ASMorgan said:

Yeah, It would be nice to get $20 for completing a stranger mission...but, that's the only way the economy sucks.

It's not too hard to make or keep money, even if you're buying weapons...I could go buy a Bolt Action Rifle, 500 rounds & still have $100 or so left over. The only reason I'm not spending everything immediately is because I specifically want some pretty expensive things that only unlock for higher ranks & don't need everything else inbetween until I can afford it.

Go play the game modes to make some money - I only go something like 6 kills & 2 deaths during a shootout & get maybe $5 or $6 for 10 minutes of enjoyable gameplay...I mean it beats b*tching about how bad & hard it is lol & you'll make a few bucks that you think is terribly hard to make.

Beats bitching about bitching, lol.

And again, you acknowledge the payouts suck, clearly part of the economy that is obviously broken by even your words here.

Can't make this sh*t up. Twice in your own thread you completely undermine yourself, lol.

2 hours ago, ASMorgan said:

It would be great to get $20 for completing a stranger mission...but, we don't & that sucks. That being said, it's still damn easy to make money in this game.

And again, good Lord Mr. Hogan, you slay me. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling.

Gallows

Money is find, but tight.

Gold bars not so fine, but I guess that’s where microtransactions comes in.

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

I think people are too distracted with the small numbers regarding standard money. It's the gold that's more concerning. That takes forever to build up. Money - you can get some hunting.

Oh, mission payouts are a joke for sure. But without doubt the gold is a big concern. If this goes over as is, like with OP generally just saying 'all is ok' then R* think 'let's up it' and DLC does what GTA did, oh dear. Gonna get worse.

Barnie Spacullie

I agree.

I mean the game has been out online for like..... 5 days. Im sure you guys probably didnt earn the things you wanted yet. Sorry you do not get the best gun 18 hours into playing. Looks like you have to work and grind like the rest of us intended. 

Sorry not sorry. 

paddymcg

The only logical explanation I can see for the games pitiful economy is that Rockstar are attempting to do what's called the 'Door-in-the-face technique'

Basically they've presented this egregious economy that they know the majority of the player base will complain about so they then present their actual economy which is still egregious and aims to nickel and dime the players but feels so much better than the original economy that they will be given praise for fixing it.

Edited by paddymcg

Lonely-Martin
32 minutes ago, Barnie Spacullie said:

Looks like you have to work and grind like the rest of us intended.

Work and grind.

Lol!

#doomedgaming

23 minutes ago, paddymcg said:

Basically they've presented this egregious economy that they know the majority of the player base will complain about so they then present their actual economy which is still egregious and aims to nickel and dime the players but feels so much better than the original economy that they will be given praise for fixing it.

Exactly. With some already defending so much, a couple extra bucks will see some want to marry zelnick, lol.

joedelta
5 hours ago, SAS_Intruder said:

Your statement is incorrect.  It is not that people want everything handed out to them, it is more that they want money they deserve based on missions and other activities.  There is no reason why you need to do multiple stranger missions just to get a haircut. Or you need few good deers for change of facial hair. 

And don't forget the gold. Yes, if you want to use real money, you can get pretty much everything by using gold. That isn't pay to win? Or should we talk about how you need 5 gold bars for horse insurance? 

Just keep swiping your card, bills to pay. 

Fixed it for you. once again, i don't need bars or swipe my card to buy things in this game. Once you play a few days and get a general understanding of the game, then you will understand what i'm talking about. And once again, im having fun and not having to spending a dime in real life.

Less then a week in and people are bitching.

Edited by joedelta

Dlow-1962

No the Economy is not Broken,

But it is different, or different than GTA5 online, in GTA we had to do missions, heists, bunker sales ect to make any real money, free roam money was a break even at best day.

RD2 Online so far seems to have a better chance at a more balanced economy when it comes to freeroam vs the missions or events, so far i am just a level 12  with about 400 bucks in my pocket, but i do own a bow, i have 2 horse stables or stalls 1 camp upgrade and would have had a little more cash in my pocket except i screwed up and purchased 6000 arrows for my bow there went about 40 bucks but hey i am set with arrows lol

80% of my money has came from hunting then selling the items except for the meat i keep. I have purchased very little in the way of  food items or consumables, i loot every structure i come across to see if there are any goodies and yes i do join matches, missions, ect just to break things up...............i keep saving my moeny,  keeping my eye on those items i cant buy yet due to rank.

Callahan44
1 minute ago, Dlow-1962 said:

But it is different, or different than GTA5 online, in GTA we had to do missions, heists, bunker sales ect to make any real money, free roam money was a break even at best day.

RD2 Online so far seems to have a better chance at a more balanced economy when it comes to freeroam vs the missions or events, so far i am just a level 12  with about 400 bucks in my pocket, but i do own a bow, i have 2 horse stables or stalls 1 camp upgrade and would have had a little more cash in my pocket except i screwed up and purchased 6000 arrows for my bow there went about 40 bucks but hey i am set with arrows lol

80% of my money has came from hunting then selling the items except for the meat i keep. I have purchased very little in the way of  food items or consumables, i loot every structure i come across to see if there are any goodies and yes i do join matches, missions, ect just to break things up...............i keep saving my moeny,  keeping my eye on those items i cant buy yet due to rank.

You call that more balanced? Anything besides hunting pays like almost nothing. I mean its really nice freeroam is worth playing but imo it shouldnt be the best money making method. And atm theres no balance at all. Selling 1 perfect heron gets you like 10 bucks, a good race gets you 2,50...like wtf.

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Dlow-1962 said:

This makes zero sense.

You say freemode there was 'break even at best' but you also list things that came far later than launch too. The later content like bunkers and such came during a time when in freemode we can make a killing with VIP work.

Bad example. 🤣🤣🤣

El Payaso
11 hours ago, Qbert said:

They are just trying to make things last people, if everything was cheap than everyone would be running around with the same crap already etc the game would have nothing to chase for. Its like doing that car dupe glitch on gta if you did it you became instantly rich could buy anything you wanted and the game just got boring, some fellas talked me into doing it I let them and it ruined the game for me

This would be true if not for the existence of gold bars as a secondary currency. Secondary currencies are popular in freemium mobile games as a way to push microtransactions.

Gallows
6 hours ago, SAS_Intruder said:

Just keep swiping your card, others have real bills to pay. 

No card has been swiped - the store is not active. He just played the game.

Horse insurance and gold bars is pure BS however, but everything that deals with $ is fine. Mission payout should perhaps be slightly higher, but hunting is on a perfect level.

Edited by Gallows

The FoolYT

I mean you already saved about 400 dollars from getting ultimate edition i presume (unless you bought volcanic pistol)

Aside from completing the missions the first time around, there is only one other really good money maker (Treasure Maps). Nothing else really in freemode (Hunting there is, but animal spawns are way lower and depending on other people within your session, they can interfere with your hunting) that earns decent money. 

Currently i want the litchfield (due to better damage), Schofield to replace double action, Volcanic pistol, a shotgun and maybe another holster when i reach a high enough rank. I would also like to create a persistent posse.

All that probably cost like 1800 dollars maybe. Hunting can easily be interrupted in Free mode or someone could lock on and shot you when you go to sell your stuff or you could  get marked for assassination etc.... so it's not 100% reliable. Plus the stable and camp fees increase the total cost. Also need to feed my horse so probably need to factor in carrots purchases as well as ammo purchases.

It justs takes the piss to earn the money.

Look at GTA Online, you could do like 3 contact missions or whatever, get like 25-30k maybe more or less depending on mission and you could easily buy a pump action shotgun or a decent weapon. 

Insurance in GTA Online was pretty cheap too, about 5k-10k or something right? Easily earn that within a mission. This game wants you to use gold bars which are a bigger pain to earn.

Callahan44
1 minute ago, The FoolYT said:

I mean you already saved about 400 dollars from getting ultimate edition i presume (unless you bought volcanic pistol)

Aside from completing the missions the first time around, there is only one other really good money maker (Treasure Maps). Nothing else really in freemode (Hunting there is, but animal spawns are way lower and depending on other people within your session, they can interfere with your hunting) that earns decent money. 

Currently i want the litchfield (due to better damage), Schofield to replace double action, Volcanic pistol, a shotgun and maybe another holster when i reach a high enough rank. I would also like to create a persistent posse.

All that probably cost like 1800 dollars maybe. Hunting can easily be interrupted in Free mode or someone could lock on and shot you when you go to sell your stuff or you could  get marked for assassination etc.... so it's not 100% reliable. Plus the stable and camp fees increase the total cost. Also need to feed my horse so probably need to factor in carrots purchases as well as ammo purchases.

It justs takes the piss to earn the money.

Look at GTA Online, you could do like 3 contact missions or whatever, get like 25-30k maybe more or less depending on mission and you could easily buy a pump action shotgun or a decent weapon. 

Insurance in GTA Online was pretty cheap too, about 5k-10k or something right? Easily earn that within a mission. This game wants you to use gold bars which are a bigger pain to earn.

If you hunt for spoonbills,herons etc,get some gators on the way,you can get a lot of money really quick. 10 feathers are 15-20 dollar and there are various types. And if you die you lose nothing.

mistermaster7
11 hours ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

Oh yay. Another post telling me I don’t “need” the things I want, and it’s my fault rockstar is monetizing the f*ck out of online. 

Ok 👍 

Your user name tells all I need to know about you and your attitude. 

Why do you need everything immediately in the game that is based on grinding for the stuff you want? 

I have barely played the game for 3 days and I have already made more than 1000$.

It is all up to you so stop crying big man and play the game! 

Callahan44
6 minutes ago, mistermaster7 said:

Why do you need everything immediately in the game that is based on grinding for the stuff you want? 

I have barely played the game for 3 days and I have already made more than 1000$.

It is all up to you so stop crying big man and play the game! 

Money isnt the problem,payment for anything but hunting is. And of course gold...theres really not a lot of stuff to get and locking a good amount behind gold is really,really bad. Its even stuff like horse insurance. You get 0,02 gold per mission and need 5 gold for that,does that sound fair?

Edit: "the go the the yellow area" treasure hunts are good regarding gold,but you still need ages to get it.

Edited by Callahan44

RayD70
57 minutes ago, Gallows said:

No card has been swiped - the store is not active. He just played the game.

Horse insurance and gold bars is pure BS however, but everything that deals with $ is fine. Mission payout should perhaps be slightly higher, but hunting is on a perfect level.

Mission payouts absolutely must be higher.

Part of the reason I had issues with money the first couple days was I was trying to make money doing missions... you know, like a newbie would in GTA until he got on his feet (or when just chilling solo). And I was quick joining other's missions rather than starting my own to boot. Since hunting really wasn't a prime money maker in SP, I never even tried in MP until Saturday. I've made a lot of money hunting and fishing since then. But it would be nice (and more importantly, fun) to have the option of making money at a similar rate doing story missions or stranger missions (or even pvp modes). Bring the multiplayer back to multiplayer if you will. 😉

Right now, other than the very first runthrough of the story, there's very little reason to do them again. No, I don't think we should get $300 every time we do that one mission. People would just start job hopping trying to get it. But they certainly could afford to increase the average payout by a factor of 10 or more depending. Same for all game modes.

Edited by RayD70

Lonely-Martin
9 minutes ago, mistermaster7 said:

#judgmentpassed.

Means sod all bub, otherwise OP's pic with a known racist counts against too, lol.

Read the thread though, many aren't saying they want it all now. Just balanced.