4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ASMorgan

The economy is not broken...!

Fun 2
2 minutes ago, Bad Azz said:

Once again, as I previously mentioned on many occasions already, this is the Wild West, not the land of capitalism and over consumption.

Should have said "Multiplayer-Only Wild West" because that sh*t is nothing compared to single-player fun experience.

RedDeadNedKelly

While I agree that you don't need to buy everything you unlock, you failed to mention that the UE weapons include the Pump Action Shotgun and Varmint Rifle free of charge.

As a UE player I know how much of an edge that gives you over other players. It also allows you to hold off on buying other weapons so it's easy to wait for the Litchfield or Bolt Action and have cash ready to go when they unlock.

Bad Azz
1 minute ago, Fun 2 said:

Should have said "Multiplayer-Only Wild West" because that sh*t is nothing compared to single-player fun experience.

Well, you're right, the single player experience is thousands times better than the online... But what are trying to say?

joedelta
1 hour ago, Qbert said:

They are just trying to make things last people, if everything was cheap than everyone would be running around with the same crap already etc the game would have nothing to chase for. Its like doing that car dupe glitch on gta if you did it you became instantly rich could buy anything you wanted and the game just got boring, some fellas talked me into doing it I let them and it ruined the game for me

Plus it's nice not having trolls with high powered weapons. The same ones complaining about weapon cost being too high will be the same ones that complain they are getting sniped going into town.

RayD70
21 minutes ago, joedelta said:

Plus it's nice not having trolls with high powered weapons. The same ones complaining about weapon cost being too high will be the same ones that complain they are getting sniped going into town.

I don't care so much that the price of guns is high. Guns (and horses) are GTA's equivalent of cars. It's understandable even if I think earning potential could be (should be) better.

It's that the price of EVERYTHING is so goddamned high. Upgrades for guns, clothing, haircuts, camp upgrades, saddles, other tack, stable slots, etc. etc. etc. Hell, even RECIPES as I mentioned above. the prices there are obscene. It's not like we can use them to profit.

(And people are already getting sniped going into town. You don't need a Carcano for that)

Edited by RayD70

Callahan44
6 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

I don't care so much that the price of guns is high. Guns (and horses) are GTA's equivalent of cars. It's understandable even if I think earning potential could be (should be) better.

It's that the price of EVERYTHING is so goddamned high. Upgrades for guns, clothing, haircuts, camp upgrades, saddles, other tack, stable slots, etc. etc. etc. Hell, even RECIPES as I mentioned above. the prices there are obscene. It's not like we can use them to profit.

(And people are already getting sniped going into town. You don't need a Carcano for that)

Theres just not much content. It has to be expensive. Im lvl 18 and i can buy 2 different shirts and 1 vest i think...

But still,its a real hard choice getting a recipe for 500 bucks...it will take a loooong time till it pays out. 

If everything would pay as good as hunting there would be no problem besides gold.

joedelta
9 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

I am already 3 tent upgrades in, own the rolling block, have a second horse(main one has insurance), own multiple pieces of clothes, own a posse, own a pole and fishing gear, yet still have money. It's not that hard. Hunt, fish, loot buildings, cook extra meat. sell herbs. Each 5 levels gets you a treasure map. Plus i have had a blast since Tuesday, so i stand by my statement people want stuff handed to them.

Iroquois

"Rank 20".....that's all I needed to know.... 🙄

GenericGTAO

If you played single player then you know, having multiple versions of each weapon type is pointless.  Also, you used all the custom options so going about with your troll of a character makes sense to have bare bones plain jane weapons.  Bolt action acquired, however, I would like to dual weild a mauser, but I can wait.  Im interested to see what the conversion rate will be on gold.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Pocket Fox
5 minutes ago, GenericGTAO said:

If you played single player then you know, having multiple versions of each weapon type is pointless.  Also, you used all the custom options so going about with your troll of a character makes sense to have bare bones plain jane weapons.  Bolt action acquired, however, I would like to dual weild a mauser, but I can wait.  Im interested to see what the conversion rate will be on gold.

You don't convert gold for cash,you buy the items for gold. Press and hold LT and it shows you the 'buy now' option for gold.

Arabian horse is like 45ish gold or something. As for how much will gold cost etc? Look at Take Two Interactive's other games with microtransactions and gated content, such as NBA 2K19.

RayD70
31 minutes ago, joedelta said:

I am already 3 tent upgrades in, own the rolling block, have a second horse(main one has insurance), own multiple pieces of clothes, own a posse, own a pole and fishing gear, yet still have money. It's not that hard. Hunt, fish, loot buildings, cook extra meat. sell herbs. Each 5 levels gets you a treasure map. Plus i have had a blast since Tuesday, so i stand by my statement people want stuff handed to them.

Yeah. I do all those things too. I have several weapons fully upgraded and a bow, fishing pole, et al. My satchels are full to the brim with food I made, and tonics I made or looted. But I haven't bought any clothing nor will I at those horrible prices. I won't upgrade my camp due to stupidly high prices AND the fact that it keeps moving to the opposite side of the map for me. I only have some of my weapons due to an enormous head start from the UE.

But, you know, I have an actual life where I actually work long hours for real things and can't play 16 hours a day. But you do you. No way you got all of that in a few days without putting in ridiculous hours.

Edited by RayD70

Quinn_flower

hi r* same old sh*t like gta online right?  

Commander S

I mean, by this bulletproof 'logic', the GTAO economy is perfectly fine, too.

After all, as someone who's not all that into military-grade stuff, or hypercars, or whatever, I've not needed to buy a bunker/MOC/hangar/facility/Avenger/Terrorbyte/etc. (even though the game spams me with notifications telling me to go and buy them...), so I can get buy just fine through casual play these days.

I don't need to grind, when I'm probably only going to buy one cheap car every other update (so one every six months or so) - entitled kids these days, wanting to enjoy all the things in the game, rather than just getting disillusioned and bouncing off it like they're supposed to... :p

Chrismads

I got 2 stables, a persistent tribe, bolt action with scope, varmint rifle, fishing rod, a sexy beard and all kind of other stuff at lvl 15. And I still got plenty of money. You don't have to hold back on buying sweet stuff as long as you know how to make money. Hell.. yesterday i got 257$ for a 20 min mission, 18$ for a perfect whitetail buck, 42$ for 10 fish, and 10 dollars for some swamp bird. Also collected a treasure that gave +100$. Economy isn't broken, people are just idiots

Qbert

You can always not play it, I enjoyed rd1 so I knew I would enjoy this. So you can't buy everything in first 3 days the things comes out...sucks

Semaj 2JZ♢
3 hours ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

Oh yay. Another post telling me I don’t “need” the things I want, and it’s my fault rockstar is monetizing the f*ck out of online. 

Ok 👍 

Yeah, well, it's you and your kinds neediness that got us all here in the first place! F*cking hell...

OT: Granted, the economy is far from actually being "broken". But, to deny that it doesn't need some tweaking or balancing is willful ignorance.

GenericGTAO
34 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

You don't convert gold for cash,you buy the items for gold. Press and hold LT and it shows you the 'buy now' option for gold.

Arabian horse is like 45ish gold or something. As for how much will gold cost etc? Look at Take Two Interactive's other games with microtransactions and gated content, such as NBA 2K19.

Gold per real life dollars is the only conversion rate anyone should care about.  If its like shark cards, thats a hard pass.

Chrismads
11 minutes ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

Yeah, well, it's you and your kinds neediness that got us all here in the first place! F*cking hell...

OT: Granted, the economy is far from actually being "broken". But, to deny that it doesn't need some tweaking or balancing is willful ignorance.

It needs to be tweaked down a bit. Then we'll probably be rid of those sad kids not willing to work for the good stuff

Edited by Chrismads

ghostsoap01
3 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

It needs to be tweaked down a bit. Then willprobably be rid of those sad kids not willing to work for the good stuff

As long as work means fun work and story-driven missions, and not grinding the same mission 100 times or hunting 20 of the same animal.

Happy Hunter
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Lets just gloss over the fact that many of the guns you can buy are straight up upgrades

I was surprised how many of them aren't actually. When I heard the double action revolver is less powerful than the cattleman revolver I was shocked. Then I looked at the stats, and according to them even the most expensive pistol - the mauser - isn't as powerful as a schofield. My memory might be off, but I don't think it was even as powerful as a cattleman revolver.

What you really need though, is a bolt action rifle. Get that, and you can fend off groups of players with their carbine repeaters.

On topic: Gold sucks, though the standard money is bearable. Tight, but you can get by with some hunting.

TheSadisticOwl

Okay, Strauss Zelnick. Now go back to your office.

Chrismads
6 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

As long as work means fun work and story-driven missions, and not grinding the same mission 100 times or hunting 20 of the same animal.

I'd agree the stranger missions needs to get a higher reward. They're actually pretty fun, but noone wanna do them as they pay out 6$-11$.

You don't have to shoot 20 of the same animals to get rich though. If you do it like that, sure it'll become boring earning money. 

For example, i go catch my 5-10 steelheads. Then when I ride back to town, i'll shoot a buck and two smaller animals to bring to the butcher. That can easily payout 68$ , just for a quick hunting/fishing trip.

Then I go to the bayou and hunt heron and the other swamp birds. I also shoot all muskrats and alligators(for teeth and big game meat).don't know how much that pays, but the birds are worth a ton of money.

Besides that I do all treasure maps I can get my hand on. 

ghostsoap01
1 minute ago, Chrismads said:

I'd agree the stranger missions needs to get a higher reward. They're actually pretty fun, but noone wanna do them as they pay out 6$-11$.

You don't have to shoot 20 of the same animals to get rich though. If you do it like that, sure it'll become boring earning money. 

For example, i go catch my 5-10 steelheads. Then when I ride back to town, i'll shoot a buck and two smaller animals to bring to the butcher. That can easily payout 68$ , just for a quick hunting/fishing trip.

Then I go to the bayou and hunt heron and the other swamp birds. I also shoot all muskrats and alligators(for teeth and big game meat).don't know how much that pays, but the birds are worth a ton of money.

Besides that I do all treasure maps I can get my hand on. 

That's a good way of doing it, blending your hunting in as you go. I tend to hunt mostly when on route somewhere. I meant to say more that I don't mind doing the work as long as it doesn't become actual work, if you get what I mean. Something that is fun, and does not have to be repeated (think the monotony of selling missions for crates vs doomsday heist for example),

Qbert

There is a animal out there who's carcass sells for like 8$ or something it's crazy 

Chrismads
4 minutes ago, Qbert said:

There is a animal out there who's carcass sells for like 8$ or something it's crazy 

I'm pretty sure a 3 star whitetail buck carcass sells for 11$. I'm 100% that the whole buck sells for 17-18$

Qbert

Yeah been experimenting trying to figure out what animals and fish sell the most. I thought bullhead catfish would sell good..75 cents

Chrismads
Just now, Qbert said:

Yeah been experimenting trying to figure out what animals and fish sell the most. I thought bullhead catfish would sell good..75 cents

Really? That sucks. Was looking for one yesterday. Well steelhead and apparently sockeye sells for 4.25$. So I'd just go fish in the rivers

Qbert

Yeah they are money makers. You can also fish these giant ancient looking lake sturgeon they sell for 4.00 but you have to stow them on your horse

Edited by Qbert

Nemecsis

Most guns are way too expensive, but the Varmint Rifle is only $74 and although it's only a .22 caliber rifle, it's VERY accurate and if you're good at lining up headshots, you'll be borderline unstoppable. It is FAR better than the Carbine Rifle if you're going for headshots. And why wouldn't you be?

Edited by Nemecsis

ghostsoap01
1 minute ago, Nemecsis said:

Most guns are way too expensive, but the Varmint Rifle is only $72 and although it's only a .22 caliber rifle, it's VERY accurate and if you're good at lining up headshots, you'll be borderline unstoppable. It is FAR better than the Carbine Rifle if you're going for headshots. And why wouldn't you be?

Not to mention take it hunting a few times and you've made back the 72$ (if you know where and what to hunt).