Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

ASMorgan

The economy is not broken...!

Recommended Posts

Money Over Bullshit
10 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

I agree with you that the balance is of, but lets hope *R balances this out this week like they said.

Lets just burry the hatched on the other part.

Of course man. No hard feelings at all. Given the current state of affairs a little bit of frustration is understandable, all accross the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz
2 minutes ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

Of course man. No hard feelings at all. Given the current state of affairs a little bit of frustration is understandable, all accross the board.

Lol, im not frustrated at all, maybe im just clumbsy with words sometimes, that and i really dont get it why a lot of people get offended over almost anything these days.

Like i have to be really carefull about everything i say, sorry but thats just not me...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
1 hour ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Listen "visionary" ;) , some people like grindy games and others (like you ?) that dont got the time for it dont..., but you should think about that before you buy a game thats kinda grindy.

Im not attacking you but lemme ask you this, would you buy a game like Destiny ? a very grindy game ?

It was to be expected that there would be some sort of a grind in the online version of RDR2 cause it was already kinda grindy in the SP. (and so is GTAV)

Haven't played Destiny but I've put some hours in Destiny 2 and that game is nowhere as bad as this is when it comes to grinding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz
Just now, kenmy13999 said:

Haven't played Destiny but I've put some hours in Destiny 2 and that game is nowhere as bad as this is when it comes to grinding 

Ive played Destiny 1 and 2 from the start and if u want the good and best (exotics) weapons and gear then hell yeah its super grindy !

i didnt play much sinds RDR2 came out and i know they came with a new patch and update so maybe it changed a bit now, but maybe ill check it out again in a couple of months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
3 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Haven't played Destiny but I've put some hours in Destiny 2 and that game is nowhere as bad as this is when it comes to grinding 

😂 yes if you want to be competitive it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Money Over Bullshit
9 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Lol, im not frustrated at all, maybe im just clumbsy with words sometimes, that and i really dont get it why a lot of people get offended over almost anything these days.

Like i have to be really carefull about everything i say, sorry but thats just not me...

Oh no, I definitely agree with you there. We live in the age of too many snowflakes who almost look for a way to get offended by everything but that seemed intentionally offensive. I'm sure had you been on the receiving end you wouldn't have taken too kindly either. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. Although I do have to wonder why you felt the need to come at me in such a way. Surely you could have got your point accross better without attempting such humour.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz
Just now, Gallows said:

😂 yes if you want to be competitive it is. 

At the start of Destiny 2 everything was so easy obtainable that the whole community went nuts, so they changed it back to grindy cause the player base had shrunk big time, most went back to Destiny 1.

Just now, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

Oh no, I definitely agree with you there. We live in the age of too many snowflakes who almost look for a way to get offended by everything but that seemed intentionally offensive. I'm sure had you been on the receiving end you wouldn't have taken too kindly either. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. Although I do have to wonder why you felt the need to come at me in such a way. Surely you could have got your point accross better without attempting such humour.

Maybe, and you say "water under the bridge" but why are u still keep coming back to me over this then ? i already said that it was not my intention.

Receiving end ? i got a very thick skin and dont get offended easily, again it was a lill joke and not ment to offend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Money Over Bullshit
20 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Maybe, and you say "water under the bridge" but why are u still keep coming back to me over this then ? i already said that it was not my intention.

Receiving end ? i got a very thick skin and dont get offended easily, again it was a lill joke and not ment to offend.

You're the one who keeps going back to it. It was pretty much a non issue from the outset and had been already put to bed. You obviously just want me to take whatever you say and just not respond in defense, but as you say yourself mate "that's just not me". Why exactly did you phrase your response in such a way anyway? You clearly took issue with something I said so why act like you didn't?

 

Did you realise you got the wrong end of the stick and feel foolish or is there something deeper going on? Mr. 50 years old still posting on gaming forums and conversing with people he thinks are too touchy. I've been keeping it civil but if you want to waste people's time with foolish arguments then you can do it at somebody else's expense. I'm not going to give you the attention that you seem to so desperately crave. 

When the time comes, you gotta run and don't look back man. It's over ;)

Edited by Money Over Bullshit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
41 minutes ago, Gallows said:

😂 yes if you want to be competitive it is. 

Started playing with the forsaken dlc so might have something to do with it but nowhere close to as grindy as this game is but two different games and can't really be compared either. If you're a little lucky there you get good legendary and exotic weapons relatively fast.. And going almost max level depending on the expansions you have doesn't take long either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
3 hours ago, Gallows said:

Never going to happen. R* are in it for the money, which is the way the world works and without it, we would not see huge games as this. Their Challenge is to balance it to maximize profit without getting a backlash ending up making their profit less.

Wrong. GTA makes everything available for in game cash. Buy it or earn it, either way.

 

Very flexible and easily why that game sold 100m copies. R* made enough to make this with it, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
2 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Started playing with the forsaken dlc so might have something to do with it but nowhere close to as grindy as this game is but two different games and can't really be compared either. If you're a little lucky there you get good legendary and exotic weapons relatively fast.. And going almost max level depending on the expansions you have doesn't take long either

Was really just a bit of a joke, because as you say, they cannot be compared. In this game you are 100% competitive from the moment you Enter the game. The difference in power between weapons is almost nil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyGanteks

Tha Jamz & Money Over B, take it to PM will ya?

Back on topic now guys please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarksunDaFirst

R* economy is ridiculous.  We all know that. However, there has to be more of a reason for this travesty, isn’t there?

 

I swear, R* used this as their inspiration for it:


 

 

Edited by DarksunDaFirst
Whole post is messed up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy

Yeah, it's actually unequivocally broken. They've admitted it themselves yesterday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Money Over Bullshit
1 hour ago, AndyGanteks said:

Tha Jamz & Money Over B, take it to PM will ya?

Back on topic now guys please.

No thanks mate. We're good now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
58 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

Yeah, it's actually unequivocally broken. They've admitted it themselves yesterday.

Proper funny though. R* agrees, yet some are still trying to convince us it's all ok, lol.

 

That tweet was a thread closer, at least until we know more after the patches.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha-Jamz
1 hour ago, AndyGanteks said:

Tha Jamz & Money Over B, take it to PM will ya?

Back on topic now guys please.

No thanks, back on topic ;)

2 hours ago, kenmy13999 said:

Started playing with the forsaken dlc so might have something to do with it but nowhere close to as grindy as this game is but two different games and can't really be compared either. If you're a little lucky there you get good legendary and exotic weapons relatively fast.. And going almost max level depending on the expansions you have doesn't take long either

Well yes and no, ive being playing it for a very long time and why its grindy takes somewhat to explain, but u are right two totally different games, so lets get back at RDRO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HockeyMike24
1 hour ago, AUScowboy said:

Yeah, it's actually unequivocally broken. They've admitted it themselves yesterday.

They probably meant it's still too easy to make money, watch hunting and fishing payouts get nerfed lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarksunDaFirst
11 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

They probably meant it's still too easy to make money, watch hunting and fishing payouts get nerfed lol

If they do this, I'll be truly pissed.

From what I can tell, hunting if done right yields quite a bit of money.  If you're going for the bigger game first, you're doing it wrong.  Get enough money to buy the varmit rifle and start farming perfect pelts from small game, perfect bird carcasses, and feathers (and if you see an Eagle, just kill it their feathers are worth A LOT).

Last night I got the varmit rifle and within about an hour it paid for itself and then-some.  That was kind of shocking.

I feel as if this ecomony was meant to be grindy - but it had a specific pattern that makes it easier and shorter if done correctly.  That varmit rifle did the same for me in single player too - once I had it, money was easy to come by with all the perfect (and good) pelts from rabbits, squirrels, skunks, chipmunks, and birds.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callahan44
15 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

They probably meant it's still too easy to make money, watch hunting and fishing payouts get nerfed lol

Im pretty sure hunting gets nerfed aka balanced. Most people hunt around st.denis,herons are op. But mainly they should focus in races,missions etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Money Over Bullshit
18 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

They probably meant it's still too easy to make money, watch hunting and fishing payouts get nerfed lol

I can actually see this happening tbh. In addition to raising payments they'll reduce the price given for pelts in order to 'balance' it.

Edited by Money Over Bullshit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

They'd be brave and/or stupid to nerf hunting/fishing, as it's what a lot of people suspect for cynical reasons. It'll be a case of one step forward one step back if they do that, it'll just continue the negativity around the games economy.

 

It's gonna be interesting to see what they do.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anarquista_duval

Canned beans beans cost more than one gold ring, wtf! 🙉

Curious about what R* gonna roll out this week, hope they don't nerf herons and salmons as they're my main source of income 😂

It'd be hard to see all the hours grinding if they reset all accounts, don't know if I'd start everything from scratch.

Just in case I'll be in GTAO until more info comes out and they fix server disconnects which are killing the game for me (as much as other things discussed in this topic).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HockeyMike24

Food in stores should be under $1. As of now does anyone even buy food? I cook everything

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
29 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Food in stores should be under $1. As of now does anyone even buy food? I cook everything

Buying food is pointless. Lower prices would be great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golgotha666

The economy IS NOT broken. It is doing EXACTLY what it serves to do: funnel everyone into buying microtransions.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UKPortista

"Economy is not broken", they cry. So why is it that in every lobby, the entire player base is trying to loot the same wardrobe of cheap jewellery?

LMAO

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callahan44
2 minutes ago, UKPortista said:

"Economy is not broken", they cry. So why is it that in every lobby, the entire player base is trying to loot the same wardrobe of cheap jewellery?

LMAO

I never saw it but i dont know where to look for it. But im pretty sure hunting gets you more money and is a lot more fun. Guess you spend half the time looking at the loading screen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
3 hours ago, HockeyMike24 said:

They probably meant it's still too easy to make money, watch hunting and fishing payouts get nerfed lol

Entirely possible of course. But until they do their thing, there's no discussion other than this, speculating. 

 

(But not to say we shouldn't speculate of course, so me saying it was a thread closer is half right at best, lol).

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lockstockn1ak
3 hours ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

If they do this, I'll be truly pissed.

From what I can tell, hunting if done right yields quite a bit of money.  If you're going for the bigger game first, you're doing it wrong.  Get enough money to buy the varmit rifle and start farming perfect pelts from small game, perfect bird carcasses, and feathers (and if you see an Eagle, just kill it their feathers are worth A LOT).

Last night I got the varmit rifle and within about an hour it paid for itself and then-some.  That was kind of shocking.

I feel as if this ecomony was meant to be grindy - but it had a specific pattern that makes it easier and shorter if done correctly.  That varmit rifle did the same for me in single player too - once I had it, money was easy to come by with all the perfect (and good) pelts from rabbits, squirrels, skunks, chipmunks, and birds.

^^^this. And two words; “steelhead trout”. $4 a piece if I’m not mistaken. Boring as hell fishing for them

over and over but the return isn’t bad. 

 

That said, online needs MUCH improvement. I’m bored as sh*t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.