3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Chrismads

.22 best pvp weapon?

Cratoz

The Vermint rifle absolutely thrashes in mid range battle if you're quick enough to aim.

Here are 2 examples of my gameplay from today.

First one is Most Wanted, and probably my PvP experience comes into play too but you'll see that the higher rate of frame plus accuracy makes the Vermint the dominant weapon.

See how I have almost double the points from second place, as far as I have seen, everyone else was using repeaters or the Bolt Action.

In the second clip I play Hostile Territory and I'm on my own as my team was f*cking around somewhere else.

But I was still holding up pretty well, even better than in the first clip.

Again nobody seemed to be using the Vermint rifle but me. I think that puts it in good perspective just how good the weapon for PvP is.

Chrismads
2 hours ago, Accendo said:

I think it's great that headshots from every weapon kill in one hit. It makes it a hell of a lot harder for a posse of four to straight up crush random solo players as long as that player is decent.

Also, a .22 round to the face absolutely can kill you. There's a chance that it might not with today's modern medicine but it'll still f*ck your face up and an injury like that in the old west was always a death sentence.

Although i disagree, your comment is hilarious

SAS_Intruder

.22 can definitely kill you, it is more about shot placement than about caliber. Caliber such as .22 LR (Long Rifle ) is not the best choice out of handguns but fired from a rifle it gets velocity needed to perform well.  It is better to hit vitals with .22 than to miss with .45. :D

Although I did notice how everyone keeps getting headshots way too easy imo, so there is that....

TheOriginalGunslinger
On 12/2/2018 at 4:54 AM, Chrismads said:

So it seems the best pvp weapon is the... VARMINT rifle.. what the hell?

It'll 1 shot kill on headshots, and shoots incredebly fast. I really hope this will be patched. Don't even think a .22 would kill you in real life if you got shot right in the face.

Already wanting weapons patched? Nobody complained about weapons in Red Dead Redemption multiplayer.

1 shot kill headshots have always been a thing in Red Dead Redemption. Where were you in 2010?

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Callahan44
8 minutes ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

Already wanting weapons patched? Nobody complained about weapons in Red Dead Redemption multiplayer.

1 shot kill headshots have always been a thing in Red Dead Redemption. Where were you in 2010?

Not everything in rdr was good. Its a small rifle for hunting small animals,yet it can kill 14 people that are 50m away without reloading in a really short time. Somethings wrong.

AUScowboy

Even before online opened up, I had so much fun with the varmint rifle while hunting in SP that I asked for a .22 for Christmas this year. I went full nerd and even picked out a wrap that looks very similar to the one in game. When a vidya is so fun, immersive and realistic that it turns you on to hunting IRL... gg R*.

TheOriginalGunslinger
1 hour ago, Callahan44 said:

Not everything in rdr was good. Its a small rifle for hunting small animals,yet it can kill 14 people that are 50m away without reloading in a really short time. Somethings wrong.

Never said everything from RDR was good. I’m just saying headshots were mostly the way to kill in RDR multiplayer. This ain’t changing. Wait until people unlock the Bolt Action Rifle. Spectacular headshots! The Repeater Carbine from RDR was pretty bad but getting off headshots was no problem most of the time and nobody complained.

However, one could say (which a lot of people didn’t enjoy) that the High-Powered Pistol was an annoyance back in those days so I could agree.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

areyouchappin

One shot head shots are pretty fair, and easy to accomplish with any weapon by any player, at any level. You just have to be patient with the gun play, whenever you aim, give the outer circle a half a second or so to tighten in close around the Reticle Dot, it'll almost look like a slightly fatter dot. Then boom. One shot kill.

If you move too much or too fast, or shift your player character's body, the bloom will worsen around the reticle which will make your shots less accurate, so watch for that outer circle to be closer to the center before you fire any weapon.

Edit: Also, the only weapons I have right now is the Cattleman Revolver, the Carbine Repeater, and a Bow. And some Throwing knives. I recently upgraded the Cattleman and the Repeater yesterday, but they were capable of one shot kills from the very beginning.

Edited by areyouchappin