4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Gallows

Aim lock, the toxicity catalyst

Gallows
8 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

In a game like gta I don't think there's much difference from auto aim lobbies to free aim lobbies because a lot of/most of the griefing happens from/with vehicles/weapons that doesn't have any aim assistance at all. 

I've also seen people that claims that FA lobbies in gta or so much more peaceful than AA lobbies and vice versa. 

To early to say about this game but you might be right 

Yep I agree and posted that somewhere as well. Before all the stupid sh*t was added it was good. It will have a much more positive impact in RDO because of the selection of weapons. :)

kenmy13999
Just now, Gallows said:

Yep I agree and posted that somewhere as well. Before all the stupid sh*t was added it was good. It will have a much more positive impact in RDO because of the selection of weapons. :)

Added something in my other post and I think you're right with this game being more peaceful in a FA lobby 

afriendlyreddot
18 minutes ago, GenericGTAO said:

Typical nonresponses used by FPS player getting owned.  I am awaiting the "you mad" 

There is as  much evidence to support that by attempting to cater to FPS players, has caused much more toxicity in GTAO and RDO. Now that KDR is hidden and passive mode is removed, allowing for revenge on the mentally fragile FPS player, FPS players have to complain about how some no "skilled" player, got a kill on them. but you missed the mark and complained about auto aim as if its the cause of griefing.  Always on blips could just as easily be your opinion, but feeling superior due to your skill was the point of this thread.

your opinion is really unfortunate, i didn't see OP bragging once just stating that auto-aim lobbies tend to have more toxic griefers than free-aim lobbies because SURPRISE, it's not as easy to aim. i don't know what your beef with FPS games is but god forbid someone enjoy multiple styles of entertainment, i'm not sure if you're trolling or not but OP wasn't bragging.

i have no problem bragging a little though, most auto-aimers are probably just fun loving folks that want to relax, take it easy, nothing wrong with that. the rest are generally sociopathic idiots that constantly need to lock on to something for instant gratification. the ones that tried to come over to free-aim lobbies to troll either got out skilled by someone proficient with a marksman or some other non-explosive weapon and went back to aa lobbies or turned on free-aim assist and fell right back into the toxic rhythm.

Edited by afriendlyreddot

GenericGTAO

He used the word "skill" in a reply to me to defend his stance.  And it became clear that his opinion, backed up by the thinnest evidence, is more a complaint that some "no skilled person" got a kill on him.  I did slight free aimers in general to start out with and he directly attacked calling me dumb.  

On top of that, the marksman, the heavy sniper, the rpg, the homing launcher are all free aim weapons in GTAO.  Long range battles are all free aim in GTAO.  I know some will claim the marksman rate of fire makes less than free aim, but technically its freeaim.  So even comparing GTAO as the standard for his claim of autoaim leading to toxicity is a bit thin.  As most of the foot weapons used by griefers are freeaims.  I could have gotten on board with, hey lets remove auto aim on horse like you know in cars in GTA. But he gave his opinion, I countered, he called me dumb, then basically refused to engage citing nothing but his own experiences as proof that his claim was true.  

Edited by GenericGTAO

ConGamePro
5 hours ago, Rooni said:

I agree that auto aim is for straight casual trash 

Why because you are elite at a video game free aim system??, it makes me trash that I rather have the auto-aim? You do realize that some gamers have neurological conditions that prevents them from being accurate with a Free Aim system? We able body folks need to stop talking like we are the only ones on the planet. Honestly. 

Edited by ConGamePro

Rooni
2 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

Why because you are elite at a video game free aim system??, it makes me trash that I rather have the auto-aim? You do realize that some gamers have neurological conditions that prevents them from being accurate with a Free Aim system? We able body folks need to stop talking like we are the only ones on the planet. Honestly. 

Only makes you trash if you tout yourself to be good at it. You cant be good at a system that does all of the work for you lmao

I understand AA is a necessary evil for the folks that cant free aim, but AA is so much more toxic than free aim. 

Also appreciate the holier-than-thou mentality you got going in the post. Not impressing anyone but you. 

Edited by Rooni

Gallows
6 minutes ago, GenericGTAO said:

He used the word "skill" in a reply to me to defend his stance.  And it became clear that his opinion, backed up by the thinnest evidence, is more a complaint that some "no skilled person" got a kill on him.  I did slight free aimers in general to start out with and he directly attacked calling me dumb.  

What? The word skill triggered you? Getting a head shot with freeaim requires more skill, than with aim lock. That’s just a fact. That does not speak to the value of players using either. Getting a head shot with aim lock and eyes closed if harder than with freeaim (well, usually).

I did not exactly call you dumb, but your post, to which I first reacted,  was nothing but a toxic mess of presumptions and not a single real argument, to which I reacted with the appropriate leather belt spanking. I’m sorry, but you don’t present arguments. You just spit fire drivel.

Is or is it not easier to make head shots using lock on aiming compared to freeaim?

2 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

Don’t waste your time. It’s irrelevant. Both kinds of aiming is fine for those who enjoy it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with people using either. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just dumb. 😏

ConGamePro
Just now, Rooni said:

Only makes you trash if you tout yourself to be good at it.

I understand AA is a necessary evil for the folks that cant free aim, but AA is so much more toxic than free aim. 

Also appreciate the holier-than-thou mentality you got going in the post. Not impressing anyone but you. 

Says the guy calling others Casual Trash. Because he is a Free Aim professional. Keep feeling yourself while I try and make you see you why your comment is careless. 

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, kenmy13999 said:

In a game like gta I don't think there's much difference from auto aim lobbies to free aim lobbies because a lot of/most of the griefing happens from/with vehicles/weapons that doesn't have any aim assistance at all. 

I've also seen people that claims that FA lobbies in gta or so much more peaceful than AA lobbies and vice versa. 

To early to say about this game but you might be right 

Edit: This game I think you're right about this game 

Spot on dude. I can't see anyone saying that OP MKII takes any skill!

ConGamePro
2 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Is or is it not easier to make head shots using lock on aiming compared to freeaim?

Don’t waste your time. It’s irrelevant. Both kinds of aiming is fine for those who enjoy it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with people using either. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just dumb. 😏

I wasn't addressing what aim system is better or not. I was pointing out him insulting people because he thinks everyone using assisted aim is casual trash without applying any critical thought.

6 minutes ago, Rooni said:

Yeah that was my entire goal, to "impress myself". That says everything about why you even came up with your "Casual Trash" sentence. Thanks for playing. 

GenericGTAO
9 minutes ago, Gallows said:

What? The word skill triggered you? Getting a head shot with freeaim requires more skill, than with aim lock. That’s just a fact. That does not speak to the value of players using either. Getting a head shot with aim lock and eyes closed if harder than with freeaim (well, usually).

I did not exactly call you dumb, but your post, to which I first reacted,  was nothing but a toxic mess of presumptions and not a single real argument, to which I reacted with the appropriate leather belt spanking. I’m sorry, but you don’t present arguments. You just spit fire drivel.

Thats why you keep trying to make it about some nebulos argument standards you created and decided apply to this discussion.  The goal was to show toxicity is created by auto aim.  Or auto aim leads to toxicity.  And it only makes sense if you assume that auto aimers are somehow inferior which you felt as revealed in your responses.  A kid killed you on horse.  Although im in favor of free aim lobbies, I would be glad if they do not add them just so, "less skilled" players kill you as long as you play.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Gallows
10 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

I wasn't addressing what aim system is better or not. I was pointing out him insulting people because he thinks everyone using assisted aim is casual trash without applying any critical thought

I agree with you, sorry if that was a bit unclear. :)

Edited by Gallows

ConGamePro
3 minutes ago, Gallows said:

I agree with you, sorry if that was a bit inclear. :)

I appreciate that. I wasn't looking for likes with my original reply to him. I know someone that works with kids that have suffered spinal injuries and yes, auto-aim benefits them as Free Aim needs more precision from the start. Was just trying to let dude know, not everyone is casual trash. 

Edited by ConGamePro

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

I appreciate that. I wasn't looking for likes with my original reply to him. I know someone that works with kids who have suffered spinal injuries and yes, auto-aim benefits them as Free Aim needs more precision from the start. Was just trying to let dude know, not everyone is casual trash. 

Yeah, unfortunately in 2018 there really is some ignorace towards less able people still. Getting better though, my son just gets the piss taken out of him, I used to get a kick in, lol.

Hence why I now bail from this topic. Toxicity goes far deeper than a poxy videogame.

Peace out Gallows. Great thread really. But I know me, lol.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling.

Gallows
Just now, GenericGTAO said:

Thats why you keep trying to make it about some nebulos argument standards created.  The goal was to show toxicity is created by auto aim.  Or auto aim leads to toxicity.  And it only makes sense if you assume that auto aimers are somehow inferior which you felt as revealed in your responses.  A kid killed you on horse.  Although im in favor of free aim lobbies, I would be glad if they do not add them just so, "less skilled" players kill you as long as you play.

No, but I have explained this several times.

You keep on with your strawman drivel. You are unable to form a real argument it seems.

I am not talking about the quality of players using lock on aiming in general. It is easier to kill people quickly using aim lock and for that reason griefing players who do not want to PvP a lot is easier, because they cannot escape. Lets say you then want to grief people - you are not going to pick the lobby type that makes it harder for you. BUT even if a griefer were to join freeaim lobbies then it would be a lot easier for his victims to escape. So yes lock on aiming is a catalyst for griefing, but it does not mean that all lock on aimers are griefers, inferiour or in any way bad people.

GenericGTAO
6 hours ago, Gallows said:

Aim lock is the main cause of peoples issues with griefers. With free aim you would not be able to “Aim, flick, BOOM HEADSHOT” people riding past you at full speed and you would not be able to do it riding through town full speed either.

Aim lock is the main reason for the toxic griefing some people experience in this game.

If the developers are to balance the freedom, PvP and all else related to free roam around aim lock, then it will suck.

Here is what you said, to start it off.  The ease of the kill is not mentioned directly.  Also, this works both ways. There isnt even an imbalance problem because all players have auto aim.  Its not as if some person has a jet and raining down explosive ground.  Auto aim is presumed in your statement to be inferior because no free aim player could do this and therefore auto aim is too blame for what accounts to be a horseby, and with a little prodding you admitted that you thought exactly that, auto aimers should have more skill.  And if only the developers cateres alittle more to FPS players then the game would be better.

Free aimers are easy to take down because they essentially rely on their thumb movement.  Planning is only really only used by the exceptional.  And perservance, by even fewer which is why they do not play story mode and loath auto aim.  And stick to the same games over and over, any deviation from what they believe is skilled is ridiculed as less than.  Well, sorry I am not buying it.  

pro24

Aimlock is essentially aimbot and pretty much banned in every fps game I've ever played. Are players going to advocate for self driving cars in the next Forza so it drives for them? This is 2018 and Rockstar is falling way behind in the gameplay department. 

Separate lobbies have to happen and I have no doubts they will. It will be a far more engaging experience to play free aim over this mmo style crap. 

afriendlyreddot

i don't know how to put this more clearly but what me and most others on this forum that enjoy free-aim want is our own lobby, separate from auto-aim. lobbies that are auto-aim only are fine, a bit boring for me but fine. lobbies with auto-aim and free-aim are ridiculous, that's like competing in an archery tournament on your own merit when everybody else has a satellite guided aiming system that helps them get the arrow to the target every time.

i invite the few in here that think there is no big deal to switch to free-aim in red dead and go start some ish with someone who has auto-aim, report back to me about how well you did.

GenericGTAO
9 minutes ago, pro24 said:

Aimlock is essentially aimbot and pretty much banned in every fps game I've ever played. Are players going to advocate for self driving cars in the next Forza so it drives for them? This is 2018 and Rockstar is falling way behind in the gameplay department. 

Separate lobbies have to happen and I have no doubts they will. It will be a far more engaging experience to play free aim over this mmo style crap. 

See at least this guy is honest as a few others have been.  I disagree with him, but he isnt trying to accuse auto aimers of being the cause of griefing.  You are essentially saying auto aimers are responsible for the toxic environment of GTAO.  Is RDO even toxic at this point?  Or is the point it will become toxic if free aim lobbies are not implement? 

Just so we are clear, my counter to this op was, free aim players, COD and Battlefield game lovers, are actually the cause of the toxic environment in GTAO.   Rockstar continued to cater to them, and added a flying bike to finally counter jets as other counter required too much effort or skill.   And werent a great counter, dive bomb that deluxo.  And why should R* not cater to free aim players?, Free aim players are the same people buying the same game every year for 60 bucks from 2-3 different developers.  They are predominately the mouth breathing tryhards who by shark cards and they will buy the gold here to skip content, so they can show just how skilled they are.

4 minutes ago, afriendlyreddot said:

i don't know how to put this more clearly but what me and most others on this forum that enjoy free-aim want is our own lobby, separate from auto-aim. lobbies that are auto-aim only are fine, a bit boring for me but fine. lobbies with auto-aim and free-aim are ridiculous, that's like competing in an archery tournament on your own merit when everybody else has a satellite guided aiming system that helps them get the arrow to the target every time.

i invite the few in here that think there is no big deal to switch to free-aim in red dead and go start some ish with someone who has auto-aim, report back to me about how well you did.

No doubt, but auto aimers are not the cause of toxicity in RDO or GTAO.  Neither is the mechanic the cause of the toxicity.

Rooni
1 hour ago, ConGamePro said:

I wasn't addressing what aim system is better or not. I was pointing out him insulting people because he thinks everyone using assisted aim is casual trash without applying any critical thought.

Yeah that was my entire goal, to "impress myself". That says everything about why you even came up with your "Casual Trash" sentence. Thanks for playing. 

Lmao all these kids be salty af. Simmer down there child. Keep on hitting LT and RT

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Rooni said:

Lmao all these kids be salty af. Simmer down there child. Keep on hitting LT and RT

Reported this! 

Getting too far now. The game allows far more than one way yo play!

25 minutes ago, pro24 said:

These games are more than  FPS games, lol. Obviously.

Rooni
2 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Reported this! 

Getting too far now. The game allows far more than one way yo play!

K. But Free Aim is for people who want a challenge (not casuals)

afriendlyreddot

really not trying to be mean here but anyone that thinks auto-aim is less toxic than free-aim is on some level of hallucinogens that i have not heard of yet. did either aim type cause the toxicity, probably not, was there more toxicity in lobbies that allowed everyone to instantly lock on to you to the effect that you could head shot someone out of an armored insurgent like nothing, yes absolutely.

also, auto-aimers came into free-aim lobbies with their overpowered vehicles like the deluxo or oppressor, etc, that had insane lock on rockets and killed what was left of the decency. of course there were idiots that spammed rpg's at your feet or sniped with stickies at theirs, but most of us free-aimers battled in the streets with rifles.

i'm hoping that with the lack of op weapons in RDR2 and with the introduction of separate lobbies we can get back there but i'm sure someone will find a way to exploit the combat system as always.

Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, Rooni said:

K. But Free Aim is for people who want a challenge (not casuals)

No need to insult a large part of the playerbase. Many are being fair, no need to be daft.

Rooni

I'm just speaking from experience. Free aim IS less toxic by a long shot.

That's all I do is speak from experience. AA takes zero skill. Fact.

Idk why everyone is getting all agitated and crying about this lol

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Rooni said:

I'm just speaking from experience. Free aim IS less toxic by a long shot.

That's all I do is speak from experience. AA takes zero skill. Fact.

Idk why everyone is getting all agitated and crying about this lol

Be disabled and try it! Pure ignorance.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

afriendlyreddot
10 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Be disabled and try it! Pure ignorance.

yeah man i get where you're coming from and i appreciate your perspective because it offered insight i would not have come upon naturally. i joke a little and label auto-aimers as lazy or filthy casuals but i don't feel superior nor would i be happy if the whole game was free-aim and prevented people with physical or mental disabilities to enjoy the game. i just want separation so we can all enjoy this beautiful game world R* created the way we want to.

a few of my gaming buddies would never make the jump to my free-aim lobbies and i would feel bad forcing them to learn a whole new style of aiming so i'd jump in there's. after getting used to landing your shots yourself that initial snap on with auto-aim can be jarring af -__-

Spider-Vice

This topic is on its way to being locked if no one can be civil in here. Learn to disagree without insulting others, it starts to look like kindergarten here.

Rooni

I've had no choice but to convert to AA for RDO. No point in fighting fair when all the other guy has to do is hit left trigger and the game aims for him.

I'm just saying when I converted from AA to FA in GTA, I saw about a 60% decrease in griefing. I was able to use clothing stores and ammunations without getting shot.

When I did get shot, all I had to was spawn kill the guy 5 times before they backed off. No more of those hour long wars of 'who can hit left trigger faster and roll better?'

Like idk why there is so much resistance to the fact that free aim IS more peaceful and it takes actual effort and skill. 

I've been free aiming for years. 

Even when you do get the kids in the delexuos and oppressors all you gotta do is get them out of it. If you can kill them once,then you can spawn kill them all you want because they're trash on the ground. 

That's all I saying. I'm not heated and I'm not gonna get heated. Me and my coworkers been laughing at this. Lighten up fellas lol

dairyworker

Man, this is a really ugly conversation....

My two cents. As R* games are the only ones i play with guns and stuff i play auto aim. I fully respect the folks who want a free aim only lobby so they can compete on equal ground for kills, but to have the attitude twords people wh choose AA that some clearly have is not right. If 90% of my gaming is racing games why should i suffer for not having the "skills" to compete in a shootout situation?

Sadly, SOME of the players who come to R* from fps games don't understand the way people who come from other gametypes want to play, and that actually goes both ways.

I agree with the original idea that AA makes griefing easier, but it is not the cause. The cause is people and the fact many of them will take any opportunity to f up someone elses day, if they can do so with ease.

Btw.... this thread is like a reasonable conversation and a childish argument going on at the same time....