3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Rithrius

This is just what Red Dead Online is!

The FoolYT

It can be PvP or PvE on a whim. However people are paranoid that everyone else is a PvPer and the likes so that encourages killing on sight. Personally i don't mind killing folks but i generally don't kill a person again and again unless they instigate it.

Rockstar encourages PvP though more than PvE. (Evidenced by Stranger missions and there is literally nothing that encourages Co-op in free mode)

4 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Yes. There are PvE elements to the game, that are equally fun to PvP players who understand that getting shot at while doing literally anything is part of the experience. And I'm sorry you guys are stuck in it but again, that's how it is until Rockstar does something about it. Complaining to the guy who shot you isn't going to change anything, and even if through some miracle you can convince me or anyone else on this website, there are a million more who don't come here. Good luck convincing all of them not to shoot you.

Literally all you can do is deal with it and wait for Rockstar to make PvE servers. I'm not against what you. Far from it. I actually hope you get what you want from this game. I'm simply trying to tell you that complaining to me or any other player is pointless. People won't change their minds simply because you want them to, alright? I'm sorry you can't enjoy the game because of how other people decide to enjoy the game. But that's what it is, and it's out of my hands. Just wait for Rockstar to give you guys a PvE server. There's nothing else you can do about it.

You keep coming up with the sorry excuse of waiting for R* to implement PvE environments and there's nothing we PvE players can do? You are somewhat right about that. We can't, but your type of players can by simply leave those who don't want to engage in PvP the f*ck alone. That's how it is. Don't f*cking claim the world as yours, respect anyone else's gameplay and harrass likeminded players such as yourself. 

It's not 1940-1945 anymore.

fryday
47 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

I'd say, as a PvP player, you'd be a fool to try and unload animal pelts when other players are around. Even people who prefer PvE shouldn't be that dumb when knowing they can get shot at any time.

I'll say it as many times as i have to, even though i hate repeating myself time and time again. The rules of the game are what they are for now. People who don't like PvP simply have to wait for PvE servers to become a thing. Either quit and wait or deal with it, because there are no other options for you at the moment, and no amount of complaining or bitching to other players will change that.

oh man, you just named it.

you wonder why people complain about people like you and say it would be dumb to ride into towns to sell our things....

but WE HAVE TO, but we coulnt, because people like you wanna "have some PvP fun" there...

thats a perfect example for all the discuss

Rithrius
Just now, McGhee said:

You keep coming up with the sorry excuse of waiting for R* to implement PvE environments and there's nothing we PvE players can do? You are somewhat right about that. We can't, but your type of players can by simply leave those who don't want to engage in PvP the f*ck alone. That's how it is. Don't f*cking claim the world as yours, respect anyone else's gameplay and harrass likeminded players such as yourself. 

It's not 1940-1945 anymore.

Again, as i said before, why don't you try to convince the millions of other people who play the game? Telling me all this is pointless.

roggek
1 minute ago, Rithrius said:

Again, as i said before, why don't you try to convince the millions of other people who play the game? Telling me all this is pointless.

There aren't millions of people playing RDRO, just many of those "losers" who got permabanned from GTAO...
And their playstyle with killing every other player and spawncamping in towns...

That is what this discussion is about...

Edited by roggek

Spider-Vice
32 minutes ago, McGhee said:

Except for the fact it's not a PvP environment. You dicks make it such. It's PvE too. People can explore, hunt, fish, gather herbs and do story missions. Heck, it's in fact more PvE than PvP. It's only headless dicks can't grasp that concept. 

This is the main problem with you griefer asshats, you always claim it to be yours. Always in need to be noticed, bragging about your (s)kills, even outside the game. Claiming RDO beta as a PvP platform just shows how narrow minded you are and #MeNow yourself to the frontlines. 

Anyone else make a post filled with insults, they're going to Banning Island for a vacation.

I'm also seriously considering merging this with the B&M thread, because it's what everyone is doing.

TyrionV

Thing is, both types should be able to play in the same lobby.

For missions and freeroam events it makes sense that other players can interact and it adds a bit of spice to what would otherwise become routine missions. 

They could implement duals or 1 on 1 deathmatches or whatever meaning that you can decline a fight if you’re not up for it.

If you kill a player outside of these kinda defined events then there could be consequences. Bounties, loss of weapons, time in jail, or just straight up losing cash.

If the penalties increased in line with your ‘bad’ behaviour it might make you think twice before running over some dude with his back turned. 

Similarly, if the innocent dude fights back the system should recognise that’s it self defence or revenge for a set period of time and offer a reward. 

In essece it adds a bit of risk to the attacker and potential reward to the innocent. Just seems better than pointless griefing. 

Lonely-Martin
27 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Because you are the one that started this thread bitching that others see more to these games, lol.

*facepalm.

If you don't want to read/hear it. Go away. Simples.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

HockeyMike24
23 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I'm also seriously considering merging this with the B&M thread, because it's what everyone is doing.

With the current state of the game that's going to be most of the discussion in this section.

Rithrius
29 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I've actually requested for this thread (being mine to begin with) to be locked two times before, once to an admin. This being the third time, i'd appreciate it if you could finally oblige.

kenmy13999
58 minutes ago, roggek said:

There aren't millions of people playing RDRO, just many of those "losers" who got permabanned from GTAO...
And their playstyle with killing every other player and spawncamping in towns...

That is what this discussion is about...

Pretty much every player that got permabanned from Gtao plays on pc and a lot of them probably doesn't even own a console. Of all those banns I don't think it's a large portion that was banned for killing other players either. 

Seen someone talk about something with permabanns from gtao and some link with this game, not sure if it was you or not but makes little sense imo 

Edited by kenmy13999

Smokewood
On 12/1/2018 at 4:05 AM, Rithrius said:

So, just now I noticed someone doing a mission. He had to deliver 2 wagons or whatever, and suddenly i get a pop-up saying i could go over there and rain on his parade by destroying the wagons if i wanted to. So i go over there, shoot the guy, and drive one of the wagons into the nearby river, which caused him to fail his mission. Next thing i know he and his friend are coming after me with killing intent. I loop around them, kill them both, went on with my business, and suddenly i'm the bad guy! 🙄

Alot of people here would say: "Stop being such a dick, you childish trolling griefer!" but before you do, let me say this. The game encourages this behaviour. It straight up tells you you can be an asshole and ruin someone else's good time. So to those who are bothered by this: You might as well play another game because this is just how RDO works. Take your losses like a man. If you get shot, shoot back. If you get killed, get revenge! If you can't cope with that, this game simply isn't for you, and that's the hard truth of it.

And those guys sitting around town shooting anyone in sight? They're begging for me to come over there and find a way to kill them. It's a game, and i welcome the challenge. Coming to this forum and complaining that people are being mean won't solve anything. Man up and beat them at their own game.

I'd rather play a co-op version of the same game. I don't see how that could possibly affect you 1 bit.

Smokewood
20 hours ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

PvE and hardcore lobbies are needed, while I think people are missing epic gameplay it really means nothing to me how other people want to play and I'm sure many would play hardcore lobbies enough to keep it fun. Give them pve lobbies anything but passive mode.

But I wouldn't be missing anything because I could choose to log into a PvP as well...

What's wrong with choices?

Smokewood
19 hours ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

Online games are pvp, even free mode, those that think pvp is only limited to death matches don't have a clue, that gets as repetitive and boring as grinding. Freemode pvp never really gets boring, you just have more freedom to do what you want and that will always win.

SP = PvE

Online = PvP

I've been in many shootouts with other good players and having a blast with this game. I look down on those who camp or attack unskilled players, but to ruin the game over it... L0L

The biggest online game in history disagrees. 

MMorpgs, like World of warcraft, EverQuest, etc, all offer the option to choose your default environment.

Smokewood
2 hours ago, Rithrius said:

I'd say, as a PvP player, you'd be a fool to try and unload animal pelts when other players are around. Even people who prefer PvE shouldn't be that dumb when knowing they can get shot at any time.

I'll say it as many times as i have to, even though i hate repeating myself time and time again. The rules of the game are what they are for now. People who don't like PvP simply have to wait for PvE servers to become a thing. Either quit and wait or deal with it, because there are no other options for you at the moment, and no amount of complaining or bitching to other players will change that.

Question:

Why would you WANT to kill someone just selling pelts?

TiberiusMcQueen
4 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Question:

Why would you WANT to kill someone just selling pelts?

Because he's a griefer, only reason he's arguing with people here is because adding PvE and private sessions would take away his easy kills on players who aren't interested in PvP and replace them with players who are ready and willing to fight back.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Rithrius said:

I've actually requested for this thread (being mine to begin with) to be locked two times before, once to an admin. This being the third time, i'd appreciate it if you could finally oblige.

All due respect to this complaint though, just because the thread you started isn't going in your favour over what's proving to be a hot topic, doesn't warrant closing as another will likely just pop up. 

You can choose to not participate. Much like you choose to participate in costing players time in game. (Not saying you can't or that the game doesn't allow for it mind).

My thoughts.

Rithrius
Just now, Lonely-Martin said:

All due respect to this complaint though, just because the thread you started isn't going in your favour over what's proving to be a hot topic, doesn't warrant closing as another will likely just pop up. 

You can choose to not participate. Much like you choose to participate in costing players time in game. (Not saying you can't or that the game doesn't allow for it mind).

My thoughts.

I don't want it closed because i'm not "winning the argument" so to speak. I want it closed because i keep trying to explain what the state of the game is right now, and those complaining about PvPers ruining an otherwise PvE experience simply don't get it, or refuse to accept the truth. Frankly, i'm just tired of repeating myself.

Besides, considering it's a thread i started, i have the right to request it to be closed no matter what the reason is.

areyouchappin

If R* changed the colors of the freaking blips people would know who was bad or good and who to avoid or to team up with... But every blip starts off pink.

-Bad Honor players should be Pink blips. Killing a Bad Honor player should have no penalty to Honor since they are essentially bad guys like an enemy NPC... but they can basically do what they want since they don't mind being dishonorable.

-Good/Neutral Honor players should be White blips. Good Honor players can only kill Bad Honor players/NPCs or else they will get a honor penalty.. but they get small discounts(maximum Good honor) for being good guys.

And then if ANYONE shoots at you or attacks you, they become the standard Red Enemy blips like usual. And obviously, you can attack anyone doing a mission since that's completely up for grabs whether you're Good or Bad(but it'd be kind of hypocritical for a Good Guy to rob someone without a penalty). Also, you should still get bounties whether you're good or bad, like if a Bad Honor player strolls into town to get some ammo or whatever, and some Good Honor player thinks he can just run up and kill him, well he technically can and with no Honor penalty but the town can still put a bounty of the Good guy because he had no right to kill the other person(unless they both were Red blips then that means they were openly shooting/attacking each other)

I've been brainstorming with some friends on how to fix a lot of the issues in Red Dead Online, we're all really hoping R* changes a lot of things and fixes even more things.

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

I don't want it closed because i'm not "winning the argument" so to speak. I want it closed because i keep trying to explain what the state of the game is right now, and those complaining about PvPers ruining an otherwise PvE experience simply don't get it, or refuse to accept the truth. Frankly, i'm just tired of repeating myself.

Besides, considering it's a thread i started, i have the right to request it to be closed no matter what the reason is.

Then Don't. Walk away. It's a public forum and you choose to repeat yourself. Make a different choice.

Rithrius
Just now, Lonely-Martin said:

Then Don't. Walk away. It's a public forum and you choose to repeat yourself. Make a different choice.

I would if people would stop provoking me by calling me sh*t i'm not. This entire thread has turned into a pissing contest and i'm the only toilet. I'll keep reporting this thread until it's either locked or deleted, i don't care either way.

Lonely-Martin
5 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

I would if people would stop provoking me by calling me sh*t i'm not. This entire thread has turned into a pissing contest and i'm the only toilet. I'll keep reporting this thread until it's either locked or deleted, i don't care either way.

Do what you gotta do man. The mods have been clear that the insults must stop, for which I agree. Maybe if you stop telling folks what to do/expect they won't bite. Swings and roundabouts, and we can't win them all.

But the behaviour in game comes with stigma. Might be endorsed. But it's still bad form, that's the way you choose to play and if people see bad form, some call it out. (Not to say it's not allowed, but if you are bad, expect to be called bad).

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Smokewood
12 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

and there you have it.

You not only want the game your way and only your way, but now you are saying the same about this thread.

lol

This is exactly what we are trying to point out to you.

You have choices!!

Don't shoot people who don't want to participate in PvP.

Rithrius
21 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Maybe if you stop telling folks what to do/expect they won't bite.

I could, but it won't change how the people in the game treat them. They'll keep moaning and bitching that the game isn't fair for them. That's just how it is. I'm not telling them to do anything or expect anything. I'm just saying this is how the game will be for the foreseeable future.

The only thing i ever said here was that, and nothing more. I'm sick of people complaining to pvp players when they're not at fault. Heck, i even said i hope they get their PvE servers as soon as they hope to get them, and yet one person (edit: make that two) who didn't even read the post still sees fit to call me a griefer simply because my opinions are different, so how the f*ck am i the bad guy here? I'm probably the only reasonable person in this entire discussion.

Don't shoot people who don't want to participate in PvP. 

That's the trick isn't it? There's no way to tell who does and who doesn't. And i'll tell you, if i see a guy fishing or whatever, or just standing around, i'm not the kind of guy who points a gun at that, so don't take me for a f*cking griefer. However, if i see someone doing a mission, which i can choose to sabotage, i'll do it if i feel like it because the game itself suggests it. As such, the game itself encourages PvP as a way to enjoy the game. Playing the game regardless of that means you accept those terms.

Edited by Rithrius

Lonely-Martin
15 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

I could, but it won't change how the people in the game treat them. They'll keep moaning and bitching that the game isn't fair for them. That's just how it is. I'm not telling them to do anything or expect anything. I'm just saying this is how the game will be for the foreseeable future.

The only thing i ever said here was that, and nothing more. I'm sick of people complaining to pvp players when they're not at fault. Heck, i even said i hope they get their PvE servers as soon as they hope to get them, and yet one person (edit: make that two) who didn't even read the post still sees fit to call me a griefer simply because my opinions are different, so how the f*ck am i the bad guy here? I'm probably the only reasonable person in this entire discussion.

Probably because the behaviour R* endorses and encourages is seen in the same light as griefing. With how they are nickel and diming the game to waste time to press MTX (soon, but GTA is much the same), you contribute to wasted time. Some dislike it. Sorry.

I didn't say your opinion or you telling folks what to expect, as you have indeed done just that makes you a bad guy, I said your behaviour in game is to be a bad guy, fully legitimate. But it is because you choose that path and declared it, you are seen as a bad guy. That's the game. If you don't want to be called a bad guy, choose another way.

If I come here singing I grind. I expect to be called a grinder. It's that simple. If you can't accept an opposing view, then what was the point if the thread? Just to equally bitch and moan and tell people instead of instigate discussion? If so, I question you even being here if you just want to tell and not discuss. That also just rubs people up the wrong way. You're not loved like The Blasterman, so you'll get heat if you tell people what to expect and think. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
A poor attempt at humour is all.

ghostsoap01
3 hours ago, Rithrius said:

That said, considering you're stuck in a PvP enviroment until the PvE servers come along, i'd say you're adapting nicely.

And btw, not every pvp player is the kind of griefer you described in your previous post. I'd appreciate it if you understood the difference.

Based on your first post, it would certainly seem you are a griefer, because you attacked someone who was trying to be left alone. If that isn't griefing, then I don't know what is.

And we are not complaining to you, you are the one who chose to make this post and tell us suck it up, we are not the ones who came to you bitching about it. If you saw other posts bitching about it and they bothered you, guess  what, you can scroll past them and ignore them. Nobody is bitching to you or making you the target, you did that to yourself.

sodoff

I have zero interest in the PvP aspects of RDO, and anybody who wastes time and ammo in open world on chasing down other players for fun or profit are classed as jerks per default. Don't give a hoot about what the designers intended, If they intended people to be jerks, well, that's on them.

I'd like to see more options with the servers, PvP Focus ones, PvE focused ones, RP Focus? 

One thing I've noticed is the absence of squeakers, the younger generation are not buying into RDO. That might alleviate some of the PvP pressure in favor of chatty gangs roaming the praire.

ghostsoap01
39 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

those complaining about PvPers ruining an otherwise PvE experience simply don't get it, or refuse to accept the truth.

We are not having trouble to accept the truth. Believe me we know fully well what the current state of the game is. You created this thread with a quite condescending and rude "deal with it" message, and those of us who are not happy with the state of the game are simply saying "no, we won't deal with it because being quiet until R* fixes it means they will likely never fix it".

Rithrius
1 minute ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Based on your first post, it would certainly seem you are a griefer, because you attacked someone who was trying to be left alone. If that isn't griefing, then I don't know what is.

It actually isn't. The game straight up tells the player that another player can attack you while attempting to complete said mission. Therefore, the player either accepts that premise and continues, or disagrees with how the game can be played, and quits.

Griefing, in my book, is continuously harrassing a player without reason. And even then you can counter it by ignoring him, switching to another server, or giving him a taste of his own medicine.

You want to intrude on someone's mission? That's PvP.
You want to kill a player and take his pelts for yourself? That's PvP.
You want to watch a player take on a gang hideout and then kill him to reap the rewards? That's PvP.

You got killed while another player attempts any of that? Get better at it and shoot him before he shoots you, because one player intruding on another's endeavors is simply what PvP is in this game or any other open world online game.

Jason

Alright this has run it's course I think.

Locked at OP's request.