4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Rithrius

This is just what Red Dead Online is!

SAS_Intruder
1 hour ago, Rithrius said:

Because it's a game and people are just trying to have their idea of fun. One's idea for fun is different for everyone, and RDO's current state is just appealing to a great number of people with specific interests. People with different ideas for fun will just have to wait and deal with it. That's the sad truth of it. Rockstar has a plan, just have some faith. All they need is more money.

I don't see how someone can have any fun by killing players who even don't want to fight. They fish, hunt or whatever and here comes group of little zombies shooting their guns from mile away. You want to prove yourself as a good gunslinger in video game? Good for you, go and play showdown events and show us what you can do,  I have nothing against it. But blowing someone'shead off while guy is fishing or friendly waving at you could be sign of mental disturbance. They are kids who think how torturing animals is cool, we all know what happens to them once they grow up.

Please keep in mind that by "you" I wasn't directly referring to you individually but more to a specific group of players.

roggek
1 minute ago, SAS_Intruder said:

I don't see how someone can have any fun by killing players who even don't want to fight. They fish, hunt or whatever and here comes group of little zombies shooting their guns from mile away. You want to prove yourself as a good gunslinger in video game? Good for you, go and play showdown events and show us what you can do,  I have nothing against it. But blowing someone'shead off while guy is fishing or friendly waving at you could be sign of mental disturbance. They are kids who think how torturing animals is cool, we all know what happens to them once they grow up.

Please keep in mind that by "you" I wasn't directly referring to you individually but more to a specific group of players.

There is a lot of sick people out there…
And the majority has found their way in RDRO...

Since they probably are permabanned in GTAO...

ghostsoap01
39 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Because it's a game and people are just trying to have their idea of fun.

Exactly the reason why I am complaining about the lack of pve lobbies. Because I would simply like to have fun... Something that isn't possible for me if you are having your version of fun (which is to say, being a griefer, killing players who did not solicit conflict with you). See, the odd part of it all is my idea of fun doesn't impose anything on you, but yours does impose on me, and your response is simply "deal with it". If only the shoe were on the other foot.

46 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Rockstar has a plan, just have some faith. All they need is more money.

What has me most worried is this. R*'s plan, or lack thereof .

GenericGTAO

At least you stayed long enough for them to try and get revenge.  Also, no can say you blew up my stuff that I spent hours grinding for, I have a feeling they probably will be able use that in the near future.  I want to own tobacco farm and moonshine business.

Edited by GenericGTAO

coach_wargo

I blame R* for this nonsense.  The whole "destroy the shipment" design is stupid. There should be no reward for destroying another player's delivery. This was a major complaint I had about GTAO.

A better design would encourage you to steal and deliver it for yourself. 

Lonely-Martin
16 minutes ago, coach_wargo said:

I blame R* for this nonsense.  The whole "destroy the shipment" design is stupid. There should be no reward for destroying another player's delivery. This was a major complaint I had about GTAO.

I found it funny too. Calling it GTA and no encouragement to steal, hmmm.

Callahan44
1 hour ago, coach_wargo said:

Also the spawning sucks,you kill attackers and a few secs later theyre back. You should spawn much further away from the position you died.

sudoinit6
12 hours ago, Rithrius said:

Alot of people here would say: "Stop being such a dick, you childish trolling griefer!" but before you do, let me say this. The game encourages this behaviour. It straight up tells you you can be an asshole and ruin someone else's good time. So to those who are bothered by this: You might as well play another game because this is just how RDO works. Take your losses like a man. If you get shot, shoot back. If you get killed, get revenge! If you can't cope with that, this game simply isn't for you, and that's the hard truth of it.

My feeling is this is just beta, and I would be surprised if it remains that you can kill others with zero consequence.

Think about it, you killing him cost him his mission, time and effort. Even if he "mans up" and gets revenge by killing you back, you have lost nothing. This will get old REAL quick and the only people left to play will be the griefers, and I am sure that is not the intent.

sudoinit6
3 hours ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

Online games are pvp, even free mode, those that think pvp is only limited to death matches don't have a clue, that gets as repetitive and boring as grinding. Freemode pvp never really gets boring, you just have more freedom to do what you want and that will always win.

SP = PvE

Online = PvP

I've been in many shootouts with other good players and having a blast with this game. I look down on those who camp or attack unskilled players, but to ruin the game over it... L0L

"If I can't grief other people while they fish the game is ruined!" That is what you are saying, think about it.

BOOGIEMAN219
50 minutes ago, sudoinit6 said:

"If I can't grief other people while they fish the game is ruined!" That is what you are saying, think about it.

I have not killed anybody fishing, I have been killed hunting and got in a huge gunfight afterwords and made the guy leave the lobby. That is what I play for, sorry if you don't like it.

Mik73

Some passionate debate on each side of the aisle on this one. Hopefully R* is listening. I'm more the PVE type guy, but I can see the charm trying to 'live' in a dangerous lawless PVP environment has for many people. Yep, theres definitely some fun emergent gameplay experiences to be had trying to kill or be killed.  The rub comes from trying to enforce that mode on players who are looking for the opposite experience. 

Now, I would definitely take an issue with the notion that Online = PVP and SP = PVE. I mean, most traditional massively multiplayer Online games have healthy and heavily populated PVE servers, with 'battlegrounds' and dedicated Set Piece game modes for PVP still available (or alternate characters to run on PVP servers). So I think we can put that notion to rest.  That being said,  I grew up with Doom, Quake, Unreal Tourney, etc (and Netrek and Midi Maze if I'm being honest...yeesh). So I can see the genesis of 'Online Play' being focused on competitive PVP. It's a natural fit in most cases. But none of those games had the sandbox and RPG elements that Rockstar introduced, awkwardly I feel, with GTAO. And they've doubled down on the RPG/looting/Levelling/Ability Modding mechanics with Red Dead. 

This is where the problem comes from I think. Rockstar (the Housers) are obsessed with storytelling. And they do it well for their Single Player. But I think they're stuck in a GTA IV Online Mode mentality when it comes to their Online games.  They seem to think that 'Online/Free Roam' should just be a larger Deathmatch lobby with built in 'cops n robbers' game modes for players to bash each other over the head over and over and over. Players liked killing each other in GTA IV / RD1 (it was pretty much all you could do?) So why not make "Cops n Robbers" available at all times in something called 'Free Roam'? Seems to be their way of thinking.   But they forgot that they also included so many other 'Second Life' mechanics for people that just want to relax and enjoy at their leisure.  Or that sometimes players (like me) really do just like teaming up with friends and making NPC's fall down dead in a variety of amusing ways.

As I said earlier,  I think R* should experiment more with RDO. GTAO does it's thing, apparently pretty lucratively. It's still there. But with RDO they have all the bare-bones systems in place to encourage Microtransactions without players focusing on PVP exclusively. Camp upgrades, weapon, horse and player upgrades, Faction War battles, Honour systems, Crafting of all sorts. Probably businesses or 'side ventures' down the road.  They could give us enough carrots that a well-designed MT system would compel me to spend a few $$ month for some Quality-of-life boosts if nothing else. I do that all the time in some simple Mobile games I play (that are decidedly NOT pvp in nature). Give players, PVP and PVE the right carrots at the right price and they'll take a nibble once in a while. Multiply by R*'s huge invested player base and it should be enough to make them a buck.

In the vein of 'throwing sh** against a wall and seeing what sticks' I really think they should just go for it and introduce a 2 Lobby format: PVE and PVP.  With further granularization in free-aim and auto-aim lobbies. Should be more then enough players right now to fill up all 4 modes.  As long as they give love to both types of players in terms of content (money-making or whatever), and a sane Economy...rainbows, butterflies, happy faces and peace on earth?

Anyway, right now I've hit the same wall a lot of people have. I finished the Story Mode missions and based on my playstyle preferences there's not much else for me except more hunting, Hideout clears, and gritting my teeth through Stranger missions for variety, not for the pay. I'll probably give some of the PVP Series modes a try. Did a couple Horse races. It was...ok. Made some decent cash hunting and treasure mapping so I have my weapon loadout (minus bow) and some upgrades. Looking at the grinding wall for XP and further upgrades (some locked behind Gold Bars) is going to push me back to Single Player for now I think.

sudoinit6
40 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

I have not killed anybody fishing, I have been killed hunting and got in a huge gunfight afterwords and made the guy leave the lobby. That is what I play for, sorry if you don't like it.

It isn't a matter of if I like it or not, I just don't see how they leave it in the state it is in now. Currently you can see everyone on the map no matter what they are doing, you can kill them for no benefit to you, only to cause a loss to them, and you do it free from any risk of consequence other than being killed back, which in the current stat is no consequence at all.

I would be shocked if the game is left this way, as there is absolutely no incentive to play many parts of the game if your progress can be wiped out risk free by greifers.

Dr.Rosenthal
7 hours ago, Rithrius said:

@Dr.Rosenthal I'd rather be a fun dick than a boring pussy.

Lol, I really don't care about what you're trying to be. 😂

Deadman2112

lol

Been reading and not commenting 

Find it funny all the people for it keep using 2 excuses 

First Excuse

The game encourages me to do it

As if that were even an excuse

I bet their parents encouraged them to be good people

Yet the simple fact that anyone would even use an excuse like this proves the opposite.

Hell I bet their parents encouraged them not to play video games but here they are

The next excuse used is...

I want a challenge 

A real challenge is when you join a game type where others are there with the express intent of giving you a real fight

Not someone not expecting it because you rode up on them from out of nowhere.

But that's your idea of a challenge?

Lmao That's Bull$*** and you know it.

Another real challenge is...

going after a big group.

That's a real challenge.

Yet instead I only see them go (almost exclusively) after individuals and especially low level players

Lmao 

To even think that anyone with 1/16th of a brain wouldn't see through that kind of an excuse.

The sad part is you have to have even less brain's to think anyone would.

cowering behind excuses like that

Bunch of p××××××

just admit it.

You don't like a challenge

You just like giving people who have little ability to fight back a hard time.

...and NOTHING more

Edited by Deadman2112

BOOGIEMAN219
2 minutes ago, Deadman2112 said:

The next argument used is...

I want a challenge 

A real challenge is when you join a game type where others are there with the express intent of giving you a real fight

Not someone not expecting it because you rode up on them from out of nowhere.

Have you not been to Blackwater? I have had my best fights there, a real challenge indeed. Not sure what your on about but the generalizations sure are amusing.

rebeldevil
18 hours ago, Mik73 said:

That's exactly what is going to happen. If nothing changes and this, as you say, is what RDO is....Then the massive majority of reasonable players who just want to do some co-op with buddies and not wreck other peoples fun will jump ship to other games. RDO will be a ghost town because the ability to PVP in Free Roam is nothing like the instant gratification, speed, action and variety of GTAO or more dedicated FPS games.  RDO, by it's nature, is a slower burn. And it's that slower burn that draws a very different kind of player to want to play it.  Maybe RD1 was different. But after the experience we all had (are having) with RDR2 Single Player...this is clearly a very different kindof a game. It's begging for more immersive, casual, relaxed, long-term sandbox style gameplay.

The very limited PVP-centric gameplay we have now is already scaring away the 'heart and soul' players who could give RDO's incredibly detailed virtual world some authentic Old West life and character. Instead we have GTAO types running around killing indiscriminately all over the map creating yet another paranoid and toxic environment where nobody has any other choice except kill or be killed. It's the absolute antithesis of immersion and world-building.

Rockstar has it's lunatic cauldron of 'tryhards' in GTAO. This game does itself a massive disservice by trying to mimic it's 'formula'.  R* needs to go in a completely different direction with this game vs GTAO. Starting with Free Roam no longer being PVP but PVE by default. Everyone should be able to log in, join friends and engage in PVE behavior on their own schedule and in their own manner. Not with Solo/Invite sessions that would make a huge, sparsely populated game feel even lonelier...but by ditching unrestricted PVP Free Roam from Red Dead completely and having a single session type we all call home: PVE .  You then layer on PVP Free Roam Events, Bounty Hunting, Duels, Zone Control battles, etc, like the Stranger mission the OP did his number on.  

Quick example of how that Stranger mission should work:

Posse 1 - Starts Stranger Mission

Entire lobby gets a message (similar to the Event messages we get now) that Posse 1 is starting a PVP enabled Stranger Mission (there should be a 50/50 split between PVP Stranger missions and PVE. Options man, all we ask for are options). Now everyone in the lobby has exactly 60 seconds to Join that mission as Adversaries. 

Posse 2, 3 and 4 all select 'Yes' to Join that Stranger Mission as Adversaries. From now on all members of Posse 1, 2, 3 and 4 are flagged and can engage in PVP with each other until the mission is complete.

See what happens there? You get your PVP fix. You can interrupt other players missions, as designed, but it's ENTIRELY consensual by all parties. Everyone knows what they're getting into. And the entirely of the rest of the Lobby can go about it's business buying, selling, PVE'ing, hunting, fishing, moseying, bar hopping, or whatever else in PEACE. 

PVP needs to be Opt In and more carefully nuanced and staged in such a way so as to ENHANCE the feeling of immersion we get while playing this Old West sandbox game. Right now it's destroying it by turning the entire thing into a trivial, repetitive, boring, frustrating and utterly mindless killfest. Just like GTAO. But it's too late to save that game. Hopefully we can still do something about this game, because as it stands right now....it's not working as well as it could.

What you describe is pretty much exactly what I wanted out of RDO, without me even realizing that's what I wanted. I'm too old for twitch-reflex kill or be killed slaughterfests. I was hoping that RDO would be a more relaxed, slower-paced atmosphere where I could hunt and fish and explore with my friends, maybe do some co-op PVE missions, and maybe cause a little ruckus now and then for kicks. But no. We couldn't have that, could we?

We Are Ninja
19 hours ago, Rithrius said:

Alot of people here would say: "Stop being such a dick, you childish trolling griefer!" but before you do, let me say this. The game encourages this behaviour. It straight up tells you you can be an asshole and ruin someone else's good time.

Hm. So when the game "encourages" you to buy Gold bars, and "straight up tells you" to give R* money for premium stuff, are you gonna grab mommy's credit card and have a go?

Rithrius
Just now, We Are Ninja said:

Hm. So when the game "encourages" you to buy Gold bars, and "straight up tells you" to give R* money for premium stuff, are you gonna grab mommy's credit card and have a go?

Why would i do that when i have my own?

Arkane

The game doesn't encourage you to do it, rather it gives you the OPTION to do it. You also have/had the option to give him/her an assist so other players don't mess with them. Fact of the matter is, you wanted to do it. To say they encouraged you would be them pressuring you or somehow coaxing you to do such things. You acted on your own accord though. This game didn't make you do anything,

Also the game also gives people the option to work together (or solo should you choose) go fishing, hunting, treasure hunting, exploring. You're not being persuaded to do these things either, but the options are there. The game isn't just about, 'see a player, kill that player.' Otherwise none of these other activities even need to be here.

Rithrius
1 hour ago, Arkane said:

Fact of the matter is, you wanted to do it.

Exactly. I wanted to. I never said i did it because the game told me. It simply made me aware of the option. The game gives you the choice, and so i chose my way of enjoying the game. A way that the game itself offers to the player as an option. I didn't break any rules. I am enjoying the game in the way I choose. And that should be perfectly fine, no?

And yet people continuously complain about the fact that there are people who choose to play the game this way. That is what bothers me. Yes, some people want a PvE option when playing and i'm sure it'll come along eventually in whatever form Rockstar sees fit to add (I do also hope they add seperate servers). But complaining all the time about the people who actually enjoy the PvP aspect of it makes you no better than them. At the moment, this game caters purely to PvPers, and those who want those PvE options will simply have to wait for it. I'm sick of people complaining to ME that they can't play the game the way they want to. Is it unfair? Probably. But should I (or anyone who shares my opinions) be the target for hate and complaints? Absolutely not.

This is what the game is like in the eyes of a PvP player:
You come across another player. He's standing right in front of you. At this point your mind tells you: "Oh sh*t, he could shoot me if he wants to." because that's the only way this game operates for the time being.

At this point you have two options:
- Keep riding and hope he doesn't shoot.
- Shoot him just to be safe.

Those are just the rules of the game right now. It's how it will continue to be until Rockstars gives the PvE players a seperate server to enjoy the game their way. Until then, just shoot him to be safe or get shot. But hoping for the kindness of strangers in a game like this is the fool's choice. At this point you can either accept that this is how the game is going to be played, or you can quit and wait for PvE servers to launch. But telling other people not to shoot you and then complaining when they do is unreasonable. If the game basically tells you "Hey, you can get killed by other players. You ok with that?" and you disagree, why do you keep playing? You can't expect thousands of players to follow your rules when the game itself provides a whole different set of them.

tl;dr of this entire topic: Don't complain to the PvPers! Complain to Rockstar. On their feedback page, where it actually matters.

Edited by Rithrius

fryday

Online = PvP ist just wrong, because you missing the coop part.

and that is, what most people wanna want. play rdr2 with friends!

Lonely-Martin
6 hours ago, Rithrius said:

Exactly. I wanted to. I never said i did it because the game told me. It simply made me aware of the option. The game gives you the choice, and so i chose my way of enjoying the game. A way that the game itself offers to the player as an option. I didn't break any rules. I am enjoying the game in the way I choose. And that should be perfectly fine, no?

And yet people continuously complain about the fact that there are people who choose to play the game this way. That is what bothers me. Yes, some people want a PvE option when playing and i'm sure it'll come along eventually in whatever form Rockstar sees fit to add (I do also hope they add seperate servers). But complaining all the time about the people who actually enjoy the PvP aspect of it makes you no better than them. At the moment, this game caters purely to PvPers, and those who want those PvE options will simply have to wait for it. I'm sick of people complaining to ME that they can't play the game the way they want to. Is it unfair? Probably. But should I (or anyone who shares my opinions) be the target for hate and complaints? Absolutely not.

You come across another player. He's standing right in front of you. At this point your mind tells you: "Oh sh*t, he could shoot me if he wants to." because that's the only way this game operates for the time being.

Those are just the rules of the game right now. It's how it will continue to be until Rockstars gives the PvE players a seperate server to enjoy the game their way. Until then, just shoot him to be safe or get shot. But hoping for the kindness of strangers in a game like this is the fool's choice. At this point you can either accept that this is how the game is going to be played, or you can quit and wait for PvE servers to launch. But telling other people not to shoot you and then complaining when they do is unreasonable. If the game basically tells you "Hey, you can get killed by other players. You ok with that?" and you disagree, why do you keep playing? You can't expect thousands of players to follow your rules when the game itself provides a whole different set of them.

tl;dr of this entire topic: Don't complain to the PvPers! Complain to Rockstar. On their feedback page, where it actually matters.

Don't worry, we are. But if I see a dick, I'll certainly call them out for it too. You choose what you want. But accept that by pissing in another's ear, you will be looked down on. Tough.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling.

RayD70
5 hours ago, Rithrius said:

Yeah... no.

That's not what anyone is complaining about (and it's also a bit simplistic and paranoid in your pvper's eyes)

Here's what really happens:

Scenario A: Player is fishing. Mini-map is turned off while fishing. Not only is he incapable of firing at you, he's holding a damned fishing pole and has no idea you're even there unless you move directly into his line of sight. "PvPer" comes across this guy. Sees that he's defenseless and NOT A THREAT. Then proceeds to put a bullet in his head for the lawlz.

Scenario B: Player is riding into town obviously loaded down with pelts and carcasses. No weapon is drawn. He's making a beeline for the butcher. "PvPer" pretends to be using the butcher and at the last second, pumps a load of buckshot into the unsuspecting guy just trying to offload the fruits of his labor.

Scenario B-1: "PvPer" waits until the guy is engaged with the butcher. Waits behind him and hits him with (weapon of choice or even lasso) the instant he comes out of the butcher's menu.

Scenario C :  "PvPer" camps at a known mission start point and kills unsuspecting player just trying to finish his mission chain.

Here's what DOESN'T happen:

PvPer sees that someone is killing people a little ways down the road. Thinks, "Nice! Somebody to compete against!" And rides over to take that guy on. Nope, if he rides over at all, it's to gang up on the guy who has no inclination to fight.

Edited by RayD70

Rithrius
9 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

Scenario B: Player is riding into town obviously loaded down with pelts and carcasses. No weapon is drawn. He's making a beeline for the butcher. "PvPer" pretends to be using the butcher and at the last second, pumps a load of shotgun into the unsuspecting guy just trying to offload the fruits of his labor.

I'd say, as a PvP player, you'd be a fool to try and unload animal pelts when other players are around. Even people who prefer PvE shouldn't be that dumb when knowing they can get shot at any time.

I'll say it as many times as i have to, even though i hate repeating myself time and time again. The rules of the game are what they are for now. People who don't like PvP simply have to wait for PvE servers to become a thing. Either quit and wait or deal with it, because there are no other options for you at the moment, and no amount of complaining or bitching to other players will change that.

RayD70
12 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

I'd say, as a PvP player, you'd be a fool to try and unload animal pelts when other players are around. Even people who prefer PvE shouldn't be that dumb when knowing they can get shot at any time.

I'll say it as many times as i have to, even though i hate repeating myself time and time again. The rules of the game are what they are for now. People who don't like PvP simply have to wait for PvE servers to become a thing. Either quit and wait or deal with it, because there are no other options for you at the moment, and no amount of complaining or bitching to other players will change that.

That's the thing though, there's literally no town that isn't full. I could be near Rhodes. Rhodes is full, but Valentine is empty. Head to Valentine and by the time I get there, there's 12 guys running around. Bypass Valentine and go to Strawberry, same thing. Good luck waiting until a town is empty. About the only time I get that is the rare occurrence where I have the entire lobby to myself.

Had a dimwit try to kill me as I was coming into Tumbleweed to offload some animal parts. He ate a stick of dynamite for his trouble. Then stupidly tried to come back after me and had his head blown off for his trouble (and then preceded to whine that I wasn't fighting fair. LOL). I CAN deal with it. But it's boring, annoying and a waste of my time.

Edited by RayD70

E•MO•TION
11 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

no amount of complaining or bitching to other players will change that.

... and no amount of complaining or bitching about other players complaining or bitching will change that.

Rithrius
3 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

I CAN deal with it. But it's boring and a waste of my time.

That said, considering you're stuck in a PvP enviroment until the PvE servers come along, i'd say you're adapting nicely.

And btw, not every pvp player is the kind of griefer you described in your previous post. I'd appreciate it if you understood the difference.

2 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

That said, considering you're stuck in a PvP enviroment until the PvE servers come along, i'd say you're adapting nicely.

And btw, not every pvp player is the kind of griefer you described in your previous post. I'd appreciate it if you understood the difference.

Except for the fact it's not a PvP environment. You dicks make it such. It's PvE too. People can explore, hunt, fish, gather herbs and do story missions. Heck, it's in fact more PvE than PvP. It's only headless dicks can't grasp that concept. 

This is the main problem with you griefer asshats, you always claim it to be yours. Always in need to be noticed, bragging about your (s)kills, even outside the game. Claiming RDO beta as a PvP platform just shows how narrow minded you are and #MeNow yourself to the frontlines. 

RedDeadNedKelly

So I was doing the final story mission today for about the 20th time, gawd I love that armour. Finished it up and respawned back into the world. I noticed a ghost guy next to me and thought I might surprise him with a bit of impromptu pvp. Then I realised it was a dog act because he had no idea I was there. So I leg it up a small gully and take cover behind a tree thinking he’ll jump on his horse and rack off. Next thing I know he’s sprinting at me with a knife so I pop from cover, turn his head into a canoe with my trusty carbine, jump on Horse and ride about 100m away and take cover behind a rock.

I tell the dude “ don’t bring a knife to a gun fight” he calls me an African American homosexual and charges me on his horse...canoe #2.

I then switched lobbies and now feel bad because he probably threw his controller through his TV screen and now his mum has to buy a new one.

Griefers are scrubs and have no ability, the stooge went me because I was stationary and he though I was afk. 😂

Long story short, this is the open world pvp I like, not ruining someone’s fun just because you can.

Rithrius
10 minutes ago, McGhee said:

Except for the fact it's not a PvP environment. You dicks make it such. It's PvE too. People can explore, hunt, fish, gather herbs and do story missions. Heck, it's in fact more PvE than PvP. It's only headless dicks can't grasp that concept. 

This is the main problem with you griefer asshats, you always claim it to be yours. Always in need to be noticed, bragging about your (s)kills, even outside the game. Claiming RDO beta as a PvP platform just shows how narrow minded you are and #MeNow yourself to the frontlines. 

Yes. There are PvE elements to the game, that are equally fun to PvP players who understand that getting shot at while doing literally anything is part of the experience. And I'm sorry you guys are stuck in it but again, that's how it is until Rockstar does something about it. Complaining to the guy who shot you isn't going to change anything, and even if through some miracle you can convince me or anyone else on this website, there are a million more who don't come here. Good luck convincing all of them not to shoot you.

Literally all you can do is deal with it and wait for Rockstar to make PvE servers. I'm not against what you. Far from it. I actually hope you get what you want from this game. I'm simply trying to tell you that complaining to me or any other player is pointless. People won't change their minds simply because you want them to, alright? I'm sorry you can't enjoy the game because of how other people decide to enjoy the game. But that's what it is, and it's out of my hands. Just wait for Rockstar to give you guys a PvE server. There's nothing else you can do about it.