4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Rithrius

This is just what Red Dead Online is!

ghostsoap01
7 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Only that they constantly feel the need to complain about it. Consider me to be the other side of that coin, because frankly we don't get enough people supporting the other side of this apparent conflict. Too many people are complaining about the fact that there isn't a pacifistic game mode. I'm just trying to express my feelings towards the opposite in saying that the game is fine the way it is, and all i get is shot down for my opinion.

That's just it though. That's what I've been trying to say. There is no two sides of this argument. There are people who want free roam without getting attacked.

That. Does. Not. Affect. You. At. All.

There will still be people who will play pvp and happily engage you in combat, even with pve lobbies.

You can share your opinion, nothing is wrong with that. I am just saying that there needs to be something for people like me. You already have what you want, I don't. How do I fix that? I make R* aware that myself and others are not satisfied with the current game. Your opinion, which is entirely valid, does not factor into it at all, because one way or the other you still get what you want. Only with the addition of pve, its not only you who gets what you want.

Your current argument could be boiled down to "I get what I want, but you are not allowed to get what you want because you have to complain to get it", not really an argument.

Edited by ghostsoap01

Gandalf In Space
6 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

If this was the alternative, i'd rather have the PvE players get their own little corner to play in while the actual RDR players go nuts however they want.

Not that I generally disagree with your initial premise with mission interruption as it is a feature of the game, but you can't honestly see that being the same as mission points being camped and players spawn killed.

While I find your view in the above post a bit warped, I will say that I agree. When we bitched and moaned until they added FFR in RD1:O, a lot of people were unhappy that they were going to be stuck with only other people who are going to be fighting back, so I applaud your progressiveness.

Bud last night I was just gonna do some fishing. No problem, peaceful. Had a nice joint rolled. Some dude rolls up on his horse, gets off and walks up to me very calmy and wave emotes. 

"Oh cool", I thought. "Maybe he wanted to fish too."

Nope, he pulls out a double barrelled shotgun and puts me out instantly. I obviously wasn't going to fight. No weapons out when he approached. It was just for the jollies of f*cking up my little fishing trip.

Hey man they put fishing in RDO so aren't I supposed to do it? Isn't that the way it was meant to be played?

Ideally I would like a PVE server with the ability to challenge each other for a duel, with a police presence more like SP, and the ability to PvP when someone when someone is wanted or doing a mission like in your original post.

Otherwise, don't be a f*cking dick (not you specifically just in general).

Rithrius
Just now, ghostsoap01 said:

That's just it though. That,s what I've been trying to say. There is no two sides of this argument. There are people who want free roam without getting attacked.

That. Does. Not. Affect. You. At. All.

There will still be people who will play pvp and happily engage you in combat, even with pve lobbies.

You can share your opinion, nothing is wrong with that. I am just saying that there needs to be something for people like me. You already have what you want, I don't. How do I fix that? I make R* aware that myself and others are not satisfied with the current game. Your opinion, which is entirely valid, does not factor into it at all, because one way or the other you still get what you want. Only with the addition of pve, its not only you who gets what you want.

Unless Rockstar misunderstands what people want and chooses the easy option of just implementing the god awful "passive mode" from GTAO again. No one hates that sh*t more than the actual PvP players.

ghostsoap01

@Rithrius I agree, I don't want passive mode. I didn't ask for passive mode. I want separate servers (PVE and Invite Only), where pvp players will never even need to interact with "passive" players. You can't just attribute my points to something I never said I wanted and try to use it as a counterpoint to my argument.

To be perfectly clear, I don't want passive mode, where I am in the same lobby as griefers but only as an observer who can't do anything. I want entirely different servers where i never have to come into contact with pvp players, and I don't have to be an observer to a grief-fest.

Edited by ghostsoap01

10 minutes ago, Gallows said:

It’s amazing that people don’t get the fact that presenting your argument in such a way really only decreases the value of your argument. Besides I am quite certain that the PvE crowd is NOT a small corner of the community. I’ll be playing PvP 90% of the time, but sometimes I may want to play on the PvE server.

I think they do add PvE servers, because lt solves so many issues, for both playstyles. No griefing and no stupid passive mode or other artificial limits for PvPing.

I'm amazed how PvP players seem to claim this as their game and rule out every other type of gameplay, but still "allowing" them their own seperate corner. Actually, I am not so much amazed, but more disappointed my feelings got confirmed.

It's still everyone's game. No one has a right to claim anything of the game or any place. The turf claiming attitude is the thing I hate most of that individual's reply and LOL'ed at it, for its stupidity.

13 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Unless Rockstar misunderstands what people want and chooses the easy option of just implementing the god awful "passive mode" from GTAO again. No one hates that sh*t more than the actual PvP players.

LOL, it's people like you who misunderstand what people want. I'm not even gonna explain 😂

Rithrius
8 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

@Rithrius I agree, I don't want passive mode. I didn't ask for passive mode. I want separate servers (PVE and Invite Only), where pvp players will never even need to interact with "passive" players. You can't just attribute my points to something I never said I wanted and try to use it as a counterpoint to my argument.

To be perfectly clear, I don't want passive mode, where I am in the same lobby as griefers but only as an observer who can't do anything. I want entirely different servers where i never have to come into contact with pvp players, and I don't have to be an observer to a grief-fest.

And that's fine by me. I just want Rockstar to get that exact same message. But knowing them, they either won't or it'll take them far too long to get it. In the meantime, I just want people to understand what PvP truly means to PvP players, since that's the only option they've got right now. And if you re-read my OP, that was the only message i was trying to get across in the first place. In return, all i got was people lashing out at me, so i lashed right back. And that is the mind of a PvP player.

Edited by Rithrius

D9fred95

Nothing like wasting people's time and wondering why they get mad. Wasting hours of work (in GTAO's case, dunno about RDRO) for people angers them? My goodness, how so?

Lonely-Martin
27 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Only that they constantly feel the need to complain about it. Consider me to be the other side of that coin, because frankly we don't get enough people supporting the other side of this apparent conflict. Too many people are complaining about the fact that there isn't a pacifistic game mode. I'm just trying to express my feelings towards the opposite in saying that the game is fine the way it is, and all i get is shot down for my opinion.

Aye, there's a reason less are supportive of your ways my man. ;)

BOOGIEMAN219
27 minutes ago, McGhee said:

My whole idea is to ruin what you call PvP in freeroam, where freeroam =PvE, IMO.

Online games are pvp, even free mode, those that think pvp is only limited to death matches don't have a clue, that gets as repetitive and boring as grinding. Freemode pvp never really gets boring, you just have more freedom to do what you want and that will always win.

SP = PvE

Online = PvP

I've been in many shootouts with other good players and having a blast with this game. I look down on those who camp or attack unskilled players, but to ruin the game over it... L0L

ghostsoap01
1 minute ago, Rithrius said:

And that's fine by me. I just want Rockstar to get that exact same message. But knowing them, they either won't or it'll take them far too long to get it. In the meantime, I just want people to understand what PvP truly means to PvP players, since that's the only option they've got right now. And if you re-read my OP, that was the only message i was trying to get across in the first place.

Fair enough, I understand that pvp is meaningful to many players; but surely you must understand that as it is right now, there is no recourse for people who don't wish to engage in pvp? Either we get sucked into it as an act of vengeance or tolerate it (which is hardly a solution). I am simply saying that there should be more options, as pvp players do not represent the entire player-base.

Rithrius

All I wanted was for people to try to accept it and maybe even enjoy it.

ghostsoap01
Just now, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

Online games are pvp, even free mode, those that think pvp is only limited to death matches don't have a clue, that gets as repetitive and boring as grinding. Freemode pvp never really gets boring, you just have more freedom to do what you want and that will always win.

SP = PvE

Online = PvP

I've been in many shootouts with other good players and having a blast with this game. I look down on those who camp or attack unskilled players, but to ruin the game over it... L0L

Solution that works for both groups: don't remove pvp free roam, like you said it can be loads of fun for those who wish to engage in it. Instead, add pve lobbies, so everyone in the player-base has a way to enjoy online.

That way it is:

SP= PVE

Online= PVP or PVE if you so choose

1 minute ago, Rithrius said:

A good point, but there are people like myself who just won't ever enjoy it, and who rather than accepting it, are trying to get something they would enjoy better.

2 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

SP = PvE

Online = PvP

Bullsh*t, so much bullsh*t. 

Cooperative gameplay = PvE. You want to exclude the PvE player of Online entirely now? 

You haven't been playing many online games, have you? Else you wouldn't claim online games are PvP. I have seldomly seen such....., oh well, never mind.

TyrionV

If you’re into PvP, what’s the thrill in killing someone who is just going about their own business? I don’t mean the times when you’re prompted to by the game, I mean when someone’s fishing or gathering herbs or whatever. 

They just get interrupted, respawn and carry on regardless. You get no reward at all? Or is it that you are trying to get kills for the awards?

You’d be as well just shooting at trees or something else that doesn’t shoot back. Would be just as much fun no?!

RayD70

Whenever I see people say they want PvP, but no, deathmatches and other game modes are boring, what I hear is "I just want easy targets so I can pretend I'm good."

Anyone can blast an unsuspecting player with no interest in fighting. Oh, such skill! What. A. Bad. Ass!

Saw it all the time in GTA:O too. Same players who would IMMEDIATELY go passive the instant they knew they were outgunned. Bunch of pansies. That's the only and real reason they insist that free roam is supposed to be all about PvP.

7 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

People want that from you too, but apparently that ain't working either.

Edited by Guest
typos

TyrionV

^Totally agree. 

The main reason they don’t want separate lobbies is they’d be left with other players who like to fight back.  

Can’t have that now can we, it’s all about the easy unsuspecting kills!

Lonely-Martin
14 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

SP = PvE

Online = PvP

Then why do R* add PvE content. Again, you show you don't understand why PvE folks are drawn to a game that has more than PvP. This is really getting embarrassing for some to quote this tripe.

14 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

I don't want to, I want to play the PvE R* adds here. Explain how fishing or missions away from lobbies are PvP please?

TiberiusMcQueen

It was exhausting trying to explain how there's more to multiplayer games than fighting each other on the GTAO forum, and it's already exhausting here. By now it's obvious the people constantly arguing with people who want more PvE content/PvE servers don't actually care about PvP, if they did they'd favor separate PvE and PvP servers, they'd be playing with people that share their interest, what they actually want are easy kills on players that aren't interested in PvP.

6 minutes ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

It was exhausting trying to explain how there's more to multiplayer games than fighting each other on the GTAO forum, and it's already exhausting here. By now it's obvious the people constantly arguing with people who want more PvE content/PvE servers don't actually care about PvP, if they did they'd favor separate PvE and PvP servers, they'd be playing with people that share their interest, what they actually want are easy kills on players that aren't interested in PvP.

And then some..., unfortunately

BOOGIEMAN219
9 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Then why do R* add PvE content. Again, you show you don't understand why PvE folks are drawn to a game that has more than PvP. This is really getting embarrassing for some to quote this tripe.

I don't want to, I want to play the PvE R* adds here. Explain how fishing or missions away from lobbies are PvP please?

I honestly believe R want everyone to participate in a little of both and even co-op. I also think it would be best for everybody to have separate servers including for R.

I ment to say most online games are pvp oriented, but I do believe we need changes here to better everybody's playstyle, sadly my hope in R doing so is pretty slim honestly. Do you think I enjoy riding forever only for the other player to leave? 

Absolutely not and dedicated servers would stop this most of the time.

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

I honestly believe R want everyone to participate in a little of both and even co-op. I also think it would be best for everybody to have separate servers including for R.

I ment to say most online games are pvp oriented, but I do believe we need changes here to better everybody's playstyle, sadly my hope in R doing so is pretty slim honestly. Do you think I enjoy riding forever only for the other player to leave? 

If they want us to do both, we'd be forced not given free choice.

I agree and respect proper PvP but R* games aren't the same as others. We make the game based off what's given. Choose your fill. A PvP player that truly wants it just doesn't want excuses or bullsh*t. Dumping 2 playstyles that blatantly clash is a recipe for this mess.

Some don't game to be challenged. Some find other thing you find easy to be that challenge too. And some just like to chill. All should be welcome.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

2 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

Not pointing my finger at you specifically here, but there are more than enough who enjoy that forever ride to kill someone for no f*cking sensible reason at all. And some even want the other players to leave. 

Agreed that dedicated servers are a must to offer every type of player a game they want to play. PvE, PVP, mixed and RP servers as well. Has been a well running concept for 14 years in World of Warcraft. If they do that here, which they won't as proven in GTAO, it would seriously be the best thing they ever do for RDOnline.

What is dignity

Is that edgy loser deadman gone yet? I was enjoying the discussion until he started comparing people to politicians and calling you mentally broken for wanting PvP and posting his DeviantArt OC vids haha

SAS_Intruder

Because of games like this (and I am pretty sure they are huge social experiment ) I don't have too much fate in humanity and my real guns are always loaded and ready. 

ghostsoap01
14 minutes ago, SAS_Intruder said:

Because of games like this (and I am pretty sure they are huge social experiment ) I don't have too much fate in humanity and my real guns are always loaded and ready. 

I know right? Since when did every game turn in to DayZ where you get killed on sight for minding your business?

Rithrius
2 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

I know right? Since when did every game turn in to DayZ where you get killed on sight for minding your business?

Because it's a game and people are just trying to have their idea of fun. One's idea for fun is different for everyone, and RDO's current state is just appealing to a great number of people with specific interests. People with different ideas for fun will just have to wait and deal with it. That's the sad truth of it. Rockstar has a plan, just have some faith. All they need is more money.

24 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Because it's a game and people are just trying to have their idea of fun. One's idea for fun is different for everyone, and RDO's current state is just appealing to a great number of people with specific interests. People with different ideas for fun will just have to wait and deal with it. That's the sad truth of it. Rockstar has a plan, just have some faith. All they need is more money.

This just about says it all and overloads the amount of stupid I can take for a day by a truckload. 

You as a player can also adapt and respect anyone else's gameplay and NOT engage into PvP with people who aren't interested in it. To claim it as a "truth" is the icing on the rotten cake. 

TiberiusMcQueen

I'm done dealing with it, I'm done trying to accept it, and I'm done trying to enjoy it. I tried to do all of those things for years already in GTAO, and my patience is tapped out, if we don't get PvE sessions or private sessions at some point soon that feature all the content of the PvP sessions then I will quit RDO early. I am done with R* forcing me to deal with griefers in online.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

Big Molio
7 minutes ago, McGhee said:

This just about says it all and overloads the amount of stupid I can take for a day by a truckload. 

You as a player can also adapt and respect anyone else's gameplay and NOT engage into PvP with people who aren't interested in it. To claim it as a "truth" is the icing on the rotten cake. 

There have been a few posts now along the lines of "Rockstar has a plan. Have faith. All they need is more money"

They are obviously just comedy / sarcasm. Not meant to be taken seriously lol