Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Rithrius

This is just what Red Dead Online is!

Recommended Posts

White Shark

It's exactly the same as GTAO, where nasty little trolly griefing 5 year olds would justify their c*nt-like behaviour by proclaiming:  "BUT DA GAME TELLS ME TO DO IT!!!"

 

Morons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rithrius
9 minutes ago, White Shark said:

It's exactly the same as GTAO, where nasty little trolly griefing 5 year olds would justify their c*nt-like behaviour by proclaiming:  "BUT DA GAME TELLS ME TO DO IT!!!"

 

Morons.

The game doesn't force you to do it. It allows you to do it. Furthermore, it allows you to profit from it. It's a literal gameplay feature that comes with clear instructions for both those who shoot and those who get shot at. Big difference. We're not breaking any rules by doing it, and reporting a player for doing it will result in a similar response from whatever moderator is answering your report. This is what Red Dead and GTA are. This is what i mean by my topic title. Both GTA and Red Dead are about being an outlaw, doing whatever the hell you want. The world is yours! And the only one in your way is the one pointing a gun at you. The online multiplayer simply enforces that idea with its gameplay design.

You can call it what you want, but it is what it is, and it always will be. Sure they can make PvE servers or whatever, but at this point with RDO, Rockstar is making it very clear they would only do it because some people are asking for it (and that's if they keep getting bothered for it enough). Not because they had any prior intention of doing so. In time you'll probably get a passive mode. Until then, you play the game the way Rockstar wants you to play it, or you play something else. That's the way it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deadman2112
2 hours ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

Shaming? What a bunch of liberal bullsh*t.

 

I'm far from liberal

...and I didn't make the rules

I was simply reprimanded for braking them.

 

 

 

1 hour ago, White Shark said:

It's exactly the same as GTAO, where nasty little trolly griefing 5 year olds would justify their c*nt-like behaviour by proclaiming:  "BUT DA GAME TELLS ME TO DO IT!!!"

 

Morons.

Would have liked this twice but you know lol

 

 

 

@everyone else

It's funny the guys who are arguing for this have had a week to play have sniper rifles and more yet the go around attacking the lower lvl people who have just started today

...yet I never see the ones that have all this equipment going at it with on another.

Lol sad

 

Me... I'm down to a pistol, because of some glitch that is preventing me from selling anything or getting paid from doing jobs. Something R support is apparently working or so they say.

...and the only reason I have ammo for it is because I have to pick it up off bodies

 

So go on keep trying to justify 

 

Here's a better idea...

Go back to COD

 

 

And if you think I don't like PvP, especially FPS PvP you are so very very wrong.

As a matter of fact I am quite good at them.

I just think it has it's place

this is old, but this is real server owning...

 

Sorry about the choppiness of the video 

It was from a looong time ago when 124mb vid cards were the best you could do...

 

Also the skins seen in this are my artwork 

Edited by Deadman2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

If you act like a dick, people will think you’re a dick. Simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ghostsoap01
18 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

This is what Red Dead and GTA are.

Again, not a fact, only your opinion.

18 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Sure they can make PvE servers or whatever, but at this point with RDO, Rockstar is making it very clear they would only do it because some people are asking for it (and that's if they keep getting bothered for it enough).

The fact of the matter is the beta is here for us to give them feedback about what should be added or removed. So they are actually asking to "be bothered for it". Unlike you, I can actually provide a quote to back up what I am saying.
 

we strongly encourage everyone to send us feedback on your experience, from ways to improve gameplay to suggestions for future content – we want to know what you like, love or dislike and what you’d like to see added, changed or implemented into Red Dead Online

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60717/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Launch

 

Again, I fail to see how it harms your experience in any way if some of us also get what we want in the form of pve lobbies; and unless it harms your experience I don't see the point of trying to say "that's just how it is".

Edited by ghostsoap01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rithrius
22 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Again, not a fact, only your opinion.

The fact of the matter is the beta is here for us to give them feedback about what should be added or removed. So they are actually asking to "be bothered for it". Unlike you, I can actually provide a quote to back up what I am saying.
 

we strongly encourage everyone to send us feedback on your experience, from ways to improve gameplay to suggestions for future content – we want to know what you like, love or dislike and what you’d like to see added, changed or implemented into Red Dead Online

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60717/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Launch

 

Again, I fail to see how it harms your experience in any way if some of us also get what we want in the form of pve lobbies; and unless it harms your experience I don't see the point of trying to say "that's just how it is".


Except GTA Online started out with a passive option, and Rockstar saw fit NOT to add it to Red Dead Online even though it's considered a basic feature. So either they are planning something better, or they are not planning on any such feature at all unless people want it badly enough.

 

@Dr.Rosenthal I'd rather be a fun dick than a boring pussy.

 

 

Edited by Rithrius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callahan44
Just now, Rithrius said:


Except GTA Online started out with a passive option, and Rockstar saw fit NOT to add it to Red Dead Online even though it's considered a basic feature. So either they are planning something better, or they are not planning on any such feature at all unless people want it badly enough.

Theres a lot of basic stuff missing...im pretty sure it wont stay like this. If it does its gonna be a huge failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ghostsoap01
1 minute ago, Rithrius said:


Except GTA Online started out with a passive option, and Rockstar saw fit NOT to add it to Red Dead Online even though it's considered a basic feature. So either they are planning something better, or they are not planning on any such feature at all unless people want it badly enough.

I see where you are coming from, but still, its just speculation on your part. R* never directly stated what their intentions are regarding the lack of pve lobbies or invite lobbies. For all we know they might have just not included it so they could ensure the maximum amount of stress (having as many full lobbies as possible) on their servers for the purpose of testing during the beta period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddened_Ghost

Nah, that's what your Red Dead Online experience is, how about you stop telling me what mine should be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
5 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Except GTA Online started out with a passive option, and Rockstar saw fit NOT to add it to Red Dead Online even though it's considered a basic feature. So either they are planning something better, or they are not planning on any such feature at all unless people want it badly enough.

 

@Dr.Rosenthal I'd rather be a fun dick than a boring pussy.

Dicks are not fun, but they master the self-delusion that they are, to such an extent that they often misinterpret interaction with others to to support that delusion. They also band together with other dicks to further strengthen the delusion. We can all guess how much fun dick only parties really are.

Edited by Gallows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ghostsoap01

In any case the bottom line is this: maybe you enjoy the pvp lobbies, and thats perfectly fine. However, some players, such as myself, do not wish to engage in pvp when it means that people can impede you from doing anything without having to fend off other players. How does it affect you in any way if we get what we want from R*? The whole point of this beta is bug fixing and giving our input on what we like / dislike; and for many of us, what we dislike is being constantly attacked unsolicited. So we will complain about it, because that is the only way it will ever change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOOGIEMAN219

PvE and hardcore lobbies are needed, while I think people are missing epic gameplay it really means nothing to me how other people want to play and I'm sure many would play hardcore lobbies enough to keep it fun. Give them pve lobbies anything but passive mode.

Edited by BOOGIEMAN219

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ghostsoap01
1 minute ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

PvE and hardcore lobbies are needed, while I think people are missing epic gameplay it really means nothing to me how other people want to play and I'm sure many would play hardcore lobbies enough to keep it fun.

This. Exactly. Right on. 👍

 

There's nothing wrong with people enjoying pvp, but some of us don't and that needs to be given a remedy.

Live and let live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
15 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

 

@Dr.Rosenthal I'd rather be a fun dick than a boring pussy.

You do know fun is subjective, right?

 

Coo-koo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I'm not having my hopes for a PvP free lobby up high, knowing R*. It will hopefully end up like GTAO lobbies, so solo or pve players can at least do their thing without brainless asshats ruining their fun. 

There is absolutely no gain in killing others in this Online bit. No reason other than f*cking up someone else's gameplay or ruining their efforts. 

It's this kinda PvP I hate the most and the players who engage in such the same. You have to be a f*cking brainless asshat to behave like one. 

Day #1 was a fairly good day in RDO beta. That's about the only advantage I've had from preordering the Ultimate Edition. After getting a taste in the days that came next, I wholeheartedly regretted buying the Ultimate Edition for the Online extras. Total waste of money. Spawn in a lobby, 10 seconds later an asshat has found you and kill #1 is a fact. Try doing a mission, kill #umpteen is a fact before you reach the mission target. 

One other thing I have learnt from this; I should have bought stock at any tissue and handlotion company. Good times there with all the kids jerking off on killing others. Could have been rich by now. You've now also got the best tip on how to get rich in RDO fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
5 minutes ago, McGhee said:

I'm not having my hopes for a PvP free lobby up high, knowing R*. It will hopefully end up like GTAO lobbies, so solo or pve players can at least do their thing without brainless asshats ruining their fun. 

There is absolutely no gain in killing others in this Online bit. No reason other than f*cking up someone else's gameplay or ruining their efforts. 

It's this kinda PvP I hate the most and the players who engage in such the same. You have to be a f*cking brainless asshat to behave like one. 

Day #1 was a fairly good day in RDO beta. That's about the only advantage I've had from preordering the Ultimate Edition. After getting a taste in the days that came next, I wholeheartedly regretted buying the Ultimate Edition for the Online extras. Total waste of money. Spawn in a lobby, 10 seconds later an asshat has found you and kill #1 is a fact. Try doing a mission, kill #umpteen is a fact before you reach the mission target. 

One other thing I have learnt from this; I should have bought stock at any tissue and handlotion company. Good times there with all the kids jerking off on killing others. Could have been rich by now. You've now also got the best tip on how to get rich in RDO fast.

It's not really PvP as many are attacking passive players that don't want to fight. It's literally PvE but with players, lol.

 

Many need easy kills. What many are doing is undermining PvP.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
10 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

It's not really PvP as many are attacking passive players that don't want to fight. It's literally PvE but with players, lol.

 

Many need easy kills. What many are doing is undermining PvP.

 

Indeed this isn't even PvP. It's cowardly killing others who aren't even willing to put up a fight, but just want to do missions. A large group of A-holes, who are convinced that R* actually wants you, or orders you to engage in such gameplay, because they've seen the message up in the left top corner, forces their gameplay upon you and feel right about it too. Nobrain players with less IQ than the AI in game, the dirt of society from whom the rats even stay away. 

I'd really like to see the lobby's population drain when R* decides to run a few days without the ability to attack other players in freeroam sessions. 

I ain't setting foot into RDO for a while coming. This is not what I was hoping for at all. So much disappointed in RDO here. It's COD, 1899.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deadman2112
40 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

I see where you are coming from, but still, its just speculation on your part. R* never directly stated what their intentions are regarding the lack of pve lobbies or invite lobbies. For all we know they might have just not included it so they could ensure the maximum amount of stress (having as many full lobbies as possible) on their servers for the purpose of testing during the beta period.

See this is how logic is used...

Edited by Deadman2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
Just now, McGhee said:

 

Indeed this isn't even PvP. It's cowardly killing others who aren't even willing to put up a fight p, but just want to do missions. A large group of A-holes, who are convinced that R* actually wants you, or orders you to engage in such gameplay, because they've seen the message up in the left top corner, forces their gameplay upon you and feel right about it too. Nobrain players with less IQ than the AI in game, the dirt of society from whom the rats are even stay away. 

I'd really like to see the lobby's population drain when R* decides to run a few days without the ability to attack other players in freeroam sessions. 

I ain't setting foot into RDO for a while coming. This is not what I was hoping for at all. So much disappointed in RDO here. It's COD, 1899.

Yeah. I've full respect for some as they are showing to really want a competitive game. But the bad sports camping are definitely bringing that into disrepute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
41 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

I see where you are coming from, but still, its just speculation on your part. R* never directly stated what their intentions are regarding the lack of pve lobbies or invite lobbies. For all we know they might have just not included it so they could ensure the maximum amount of stress (having as many full lobbies as possible) on their servers for the purpose of testing during the beta period.

Yes, that’s a very good and plausible explanation. They want as many in one lobby as they can and while they may want to add lobby types later, it is not optimal for the initial testing. Thanks for being a good sport and applying reason and logic to a forum post :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Lonely-Martin said:

Yeah. I've full respect for some as they are showing to really want a competitive game. But the bad sports camping are definitely bringing that into disrepute.

 

People who want to engage in PvP with you can antagonize you and give you the option to ignore them or engage. These freeroam killspree assholes don't. They ruin every bit of fun for players like me, and I'm damn sure I'm not unique in such, for no other reason than some sick personal pleasure. 

I have absolutely no understanding for that type of player. 

 

Antagonize me in game and see if I can give a damn. I probably won't and move on. Let me! Sadly, you and I both know them bad sports idiots can't handle that......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ghostsoap01
1 minute ago, Gallows said:

Yes, that’s a very good and plausible explanation. They want as many in one lobby as they can and while they may want to add lobby types later, it is not optimal for the initial testing. Thanks for being a good sport and applying reason and logic to a forum post :)

I try my best 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

There should be a cooldown on killing players. After kill #1, a CD of 5 minutes starts, before the player can be killed by another player again. If kill #2 occures within a certain timeframe of the ending of CD#1, a CD of 10 minutes on killing the player again issues. Kill #3 within a certain timeframe, 30 minutes CD, and so on.  Missions involving PvP just pauses the kill CD during such events. 

This would be a solution to stop grief killing/ganking, because asshats would soon get bored and leave to lobbies meant for their "game"play and once you get killed you have at least 5 minutes to go about your business and get things done with minimal hassle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rithrius
7 minutes ago, McGhee said:

There should be a cooldown on killing players. After kill #1, a CD of 5 minutes starts, before the player can be killed by another player again. If kill #2 occures within a certain timeframe of the ending of CD#1, a CD of 10 minutes on killing the player again issues. Kill #3 within a certain timeframe, 30 minutes CD, and so on.  Missions involving PvP just pauses the kill CD during such events. 

This would be a solution to stop grief killing/ganking, because asshats would soon get bored and leave to lobbies meant for their "game"play and once you get killed you have at least 5 minutes to go about your business and get things done with minimal hassle.

 

If this was the alternative, i'd rather have the PvE players get their own little corner to play in while the actual RDR players go nuts however they want in what will be like 90% of the servers.

Edited by Rithrius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOOGIEMAN219
2 minutes ago, McGhee said:

There should be a cooldown on killing players. After kill #1, a CD of 5 minutes starts, before the player can be killed by another player again. If kill #2 occures within a certain timeframe of the ending of CD#1, a CD of 10 minutes on killing the player again issues. Kill #3 within a certain timeframe, 30 minutes CD, and so on.  Missions involving PvP just pauses the kill CD during such events. 

This would be a solution to stop grief killing/ganking, because asshats would soon get bored and leave to lobbies meant for their "game"play and once you get killed you have at least 5 minutes to go about your business and get things done with minimal hassle.

 

R will never do that, I would rather have pvp and pve servers, blips be off and not respawn next to your enemy. Your idea would just ruin online pvp here but again R won't do it as they profit too much off pvp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

If this was the alternative, i'd rather have the PvE players get their own little corner to play in while the actual RDR players go nuts however they want.

Again, room for all. To suggest a legitimate playstyle that R* enables even here right now should be tucked up in some little corner says an awful lot about your ignorance dude. Rather petty.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ghostsoap01
3 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

If this was the alternative, i'd rather have the PvE players get their own little corner to play in while the actual RDR players go nuts however they want in what will be like 90% of the servers.

I have to agree with you there, I'd much rather have my "own little corner", while you, an actual RDR player can have fun going nuts. I wonder why you bring such an emotional and an aggressive tone to something that has no need for it. Are you really so upset that some people don't share your vision of what RDRO should be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

R will never do that, I would rather have pvp and pve servers, blips be off and not respawn next to your enemy. Your idea would just ruin online pvp here but again R won't do it as they profit too much off pvp.

 

My whole idea is to ruin what you call PvP in freeroam, where freeroam =PvE, IMO. 

I've been screaming PvP / PvE seperate servers for years on end already, but that won't happen. We all know that. So, to prevent griefing as is happening now a lot, CD on killing is not a bad solution. 

8 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

If this was the alternative, i'd rather have the PvE players get their own little corner to play in while the actual RDR players go nuts however they want in what will be like 90% of the servers.

 

Total LOL @ actual RDR players 😂😂😂😂. The ignorance, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rithrius
1 minute ago, ghostsoap01 said:

I have to agree with you there, I'd much rather have my "own little corner", while you, an actual RDR player can have fun going nuts. I wonder why you bring such an emotional and an aggressive tone to something that has no need for it. Are you really so upset that some people don't share your vision of what RDRO should be?

Only that they constantly feel the need to complain about it. Consider me to be the other side of that coin, because frankly we don't get enough people supporting the other side of this apparent conflict. Too many people are complaining about the fact that there isn't a pacifistic game mode. I'm just trying to express my feelings towards the opposite in saying that the game is fine the way it is, and all i get is shot down for my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
2 minutes ago, McGhee said:

 

My whole idea is to ruin what you call PvP in freeroam, where freeroam =PvE, IMO. 

I've been screaming PvP / PvE seperate servers for years on end already, but that won't happen. We all know that. So, to prevent griefing as is happening now a lot, CD on killing is not a bad solution. 

 

Total LOL @ actual RDR players 😂😂😂😂. The ignorance, really.

It’s amazing that people don’t get the fact that presenting your argument in such a way really only decreases the value of your argument. Besides I am quite certain that the PvE crowd is NOT a small corner of the community. I’ll be playing PvP 90% of the time, but sometimes I may want to play on the PvE server.

 

I think they do add PvE servers, because lt solves so many issues, for both playstyles. No griefing and no stupid passive mode or other artificial limits for PvPing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.