4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Rithrius

This is just what Red Dead Online is!

Next-Gen Vercettis
1 hour ago, RedDeadNedKelly said:

Would you jump off a bridge if the game told you to?

Erm.. 

Deadman2112

Oops quoted the wrong post

Sry

Edited by Deadman2112

Rithrius
1 minute ago, Deadman2112 said:

Yes

Every well in fact.

You said one thing then followed that up with a...

Ohhh I'll try to justify my actions with this...

Double talk is all that is

Politicians use that a lot

You seem to think i have a problem with players who shoot other players. I don't. I encourage and enjoy it within the realms of reason. I am in fact annoyed by the people who keep complaining that they keep getting shot, and then bother an uninvolved online community with it rather than growing a pair and shooting back. I'm trying to explain to people that this is how the game is meant to be played, at least until Rockstar gives in and gives the people their passive "diet coke" version of the online game, if they ever do.

ALifeOfMisery
2 hours ago, RedDeadNedKelly said:

Would you jump off a bridge if the game told you to?

If RDO ever makes it to PC I'd love someone with the know how to test this out.

Put out a lobby wide message "Jump off the railway bridge for $ & XP", sit back and see how many lemmings dash to do it.

Deadman2112
2 hours ago, Rithrius said:

You seem to think i have a problem with players who shoot other players. I don't. I encourage and enjoy it within the realms of reason. I am in fact annoyed by the people who keep complaining that they keep getting shot, and then bother an uninvolved online community with it rather than growing a pair and shooting back. I'm trying to explain to people that this is how the game is meant to be played, at least until Rockstar gives in and gives the people their passive "diet coke" version of the online game, if they ever do.

No 

You are now putting words in my mouth...

I never said anything about PvP or even gang v gang killing

...if it's a mutual thing or even in death matches then that's fine.

However, I was responding directly to your statement where you say in a nut shell that...

you know attacking some who is just trying to make a hustle is wrong

But, because the game allows it

You then try to use that as a justification.

That shows you are knowingly doing it.

...that's far worse then it simply being done as a mistake, and proves that you learned nothing from the single player side of this game.

I said before.

That's Double talk, and Politicians use this tactic all the time.

Point is, even if you didn't learn anything from the single player side of this game that it was so desperately trying to teach...

Just keep this in mind. Experiments like this are teaching something

(...even if its not you)

It's teaching that most of the population is simply bad stock and we are nearing the day when we will have to push the reset button 

If you think that far fetched, then I encourage you to read the reports and studies regarding "mortality in video games" that are being conducted by groups like NASA, the foundation for human behavior, and many more for that matter.

Rockstar got one thing right...

The all seeing eye is always there.

Edited by Deadman2112

iddqdvie

doing a freeroam mission and not being attacked is boring!

RayD70

Same as GTA:O, guy spends hours if not days filling a warehouse. You ruin his money making ability with a single homing rocket. "Hurr, durr... the game told me to do it!"

If you can't see why it's wrong, you're not worth the time explaining it.

Better yet: YOU are doing R*'s bidding to increase microtransactions. How does it feel being a stooge?

I like what another person said: those missions should be opt-in missions. I'll even allow that if the guy starting the mission does NOT get enough people to join (with balanced sides), it can't be started. That's fair. That's even fun. I have nothing against true competition. I do have a problem with people going out of their way to ruin someone else's money just because they can (especially since there's little to no reward). I do have a problem with people going after easy marks. Killing someone just trying to do some business, fish, or start a mission doesn't make you skilled nor badass. It makes you pathetic.

Rithrius
28 minutes ago, Deadman2112 said:

No 

You are now putting words in my mouth...

I never said anything about PvP or even gang v gang killing

...if it's a mutual thing or even in death matches then that's fine.

However, I was responding directly to your statement where you say in a nut shell that...

you know attacking some who is just trying to make a hustle is wrong

But because the game allows it you use that as a justification.

That shows you are knowingly doing it.

...that's far worse then it simply being done as a mistake, and proves you learned nothing from the single player side of this game.

I said before.

That's Double talk, and Politicians us this tactic all the time

Point is, even if you didn't learn anything from the single player side of this game was so desperately trying to teach...

Experiments like this are teaching something

(...even if its not you)

It's teaching that most of the population is simply bad stock and we are nearing the day when we will have to push the reset button 

No... I'm saying that attacking other players is okay considering the game not only allows it, but even gives you the suggestion to do so, and yet people are bitching about getting attacked by other players when in fact the game also warns them about that when doing missions. They are literally being told other players can attack them at will, and then bitch about it when they get shot. I never once said or thought attacking other players is wrong. Far from it. It's pretty much one of the only two things the multiplayer is offering at the moment. If you can't handle getting shot, you have no bussiness playing an open world multiplayer game.

And since you seem to be unwilling to understand a single word i'm saying, this will be my last to you.

Edited by Rithrius

Deadman2112

@Rithrius

Lol as i said some people are just unreachable and unteachable 

...btw you are only proving it with your statements.

Encouraged or not you say you know it's wrong but do it anyway 

Go into a court of law and tell the judge...

Well I knew it was wrong, and wasn't going to do it but my friend encourage me to do it anyway. Then tell me how that works out for you lol

How about this

Since encouragement is all it takes for you...

I encourage you to put you finger up your butt and ever 5 mins pull it out and smell it

...oh and do this over and over, forever.

It's just like how people said with the feral man that there was no way to do it without killing the wolves, but I sure proved that was wrong.

Didn't I.

Lol your logic and reasoning skils are flawed.

Anyway I'm done with this because you refuse to SEE just how wrong you are

Edit

Maybe this will put it into predictive for you...

If you and your friends are playing monopoly and I wasn't invited..,

Does that give me the right to barge in and demand a seat at the table?

Edited by Deadman2112

Lonely-Martin
39 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

If RDO ever makes it to PC I'd love someone with the know how to test this out.

Put out a lobby wide message "Jump off the railway bridge for $ & XP", sit back and see how many lemmings dash to do it.

Lol, that would be very entertaining!

13 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

No... I'm saying that attacking other players is okay considering the game not only allows it, but even gives you the suggestion to do so, and yet people are bitching about getting attacked by other players when in fact the game also warns them about that when doing missions. They are literally being told other players can attack them at will, and then bitch about it when they get shot. I never once said or thought attacking other players is wrong. Far from it. It's pretty much one of the only two things the multiplayer is offering at the moment. If you can't handle getting shot, you have no bussiness playing an open world multiplayer game.

And since you seem to be unwilling to understand a single word i'm saying, this will be my last to you.

Challenging another's mission is one thing. Being a deliberate pussy and camping at mission start points is another. A weasels game, and it's rife.

DaGhostly

I was in a posse with my brother and a friend, we were communicating in a party chat about another posse that we helped create by killing other players lol. They backed down after losing the gun fight lol.

Lonely-Martin
57 minutes ago, iddqdvie said:

doing a freeroam mission and not being attacked is boring!

Trying to get to missions and spawn killed is equally boring.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

zzmorg82

Personally, I'm fine with the ability to kill other players, but R* needs to add some skill to it. Currently, it's not hard for someone to aim in the general vicinity of their target, hold LT/L2, and then tap RT/R2 to get a headshot. I'm hoping free-aim lobbies come soon quickly, and passive mode should be good for people who are trying to hunt, fish, and do missions.

Get rid of the constant player blimps on the map too; only have them show up for a few seconds if someone shoots their gun. That'll go a long way for the longevity of this mode.

Stormingz

I’ve been playing since Wednesday and I’m yet to run into any of these annoying trigger happy griefers. Sure, I’ve run into one or two players who were arseholes, but what game doesn’t have that these days? I’ve even wandered into Valentine and Blackwater for example, with a full town of other players, and it’s been an enjoyable experience.

I must be lucky.

Bad Azz

This is my honest opinion of Red Dead Online, so far.

The premise of my post is simple; Red Dead Redemption is not a game about the pursuit of the almighty dollars. That was GTA V, and it was explicitly marketed as so. In fact, ''the pursuit of the almighty dollars'', is a direct Rockstar quote from GTA V's pre launch marketing campaign.

Why do I play Red Dead Online? It is to continue and further expand my experience of the solo world. Yet Red Read Online does the exact opposite. 

In my opinion, pursuing and cultivating this system and approach in Red Dead Online is what will kill the game. I certainly do not want my online experience to be centered on the chase for money and the spending of it. 

''It's 1899, the West had nearly been tamed''. This is the spirit of Red Dead Redemption, it awlays has been and always will be, yet it seems Rockstar wants to turn away from this premise and make the online portion of the game another capitalistic utopia. Trust me, it will become lame, and very fast.

Let's be honest here, Red Dead Online is utterly boring and truly lacking in content, as it is right now. So far, the characters we have been introduced to with the little online story mission are lackluster, and being somebody's else bitch is an over recurring theme in Rockstar games. It has been overdone. 

As much as GTA Online was not full of content upon its release, I just can't help but to dress a funny paradox in between the two games. When GTA Online launched, we were all impressed, but one thing that struck me, was the amount of content that was unique to Online. I mean cars, clothes, properties. In the single player story of GTA V, if you want to buy a car, you can choose from like 25 different options, whereas GTA Online took it to the next level and now you can choose from hundreds of different cars. This is what I mean. In short, GTA Online made GTA V look bare bones, and people complained about it.

However, when I am playing Red Dead Online, I feel quite the contrary. The single player portion of the game is filled with content that should already be in the online portion. And personally, this is what I am complaining about. Red Dead Online is a bare bones products and it is ridiculized by the single player world..

Now with that said, I will reiterate my previous comments on why do I play Red Dead Online. I play RDO in the optic of continuing on further expanding on my singleplayer freeroam experience. 

Why? Because once you finish the main game, hanging out alone as John and having nothing to do is boring. When I play Online, I can create my own avatar and then be the master of my own destiny within a world teeming with opportunities and players to either friendly meet, or to kill each other in a wild wild west shootout.

Therefore, what I am expecting for my Online experience is a more seamless approach just as offline. I want to visit towns and pick bounties off the Sherriff's office wall. I want to rob a random stagecoach and sell it on the underground market. All of this stuff that I can seamlessly do in offline, I want to be able to do it within the massive online world teeming with real players. 

I want a focus on the development of gangs and posses. I would like me and my posse to be in constant fight with other posses for the control of a certain region and the monopole on its activities and money making oppotunities. 

To me, this is the spirit of Red Dead. And this the spirit that should be cultivated in the development of the online game. 

This is the Wild Wild West, not Los Santos, the land of materialism and over consumtpion.

BOOGIEMAN219

People apparently don't want a challenge in a multiplayer pvp game, I will never understand they are missing epic things that could happen like killing your attackers and completing the mission which feels much better than the boring grind and spices the game up a bit. I will never understand I guess.

Some of my most epic moments in GTA is parking my nightclub sell vehicle under a overpass and free aiming a rocket at a jet trying to blow me up and hitting it, jump back in the truck and complete the mission, people are missing out on a lot of fun.

Edited by BOOGIEMAN219

Deadman2112
4 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

People apparently don't want a challenge in a multiplayer pvp game, I will never understand they are missing epic things that could happen like killing your attackers and completing the mission which feels much better than the boring grind and spices the game up a bit. I will never understand I guess.

BS

Once again flawed logic

Two words for you

Death match

Edited by Deadman2112

Rithrius
2 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

I know. People who want a passive mode are like people who go to McDonalds and order a diet coke to go with their salad when there's a perfectly good salad bar across the street. 😐

BOOGIEMAN219
2 minutes ago, Deadman2112 said:

BS

Once again flawed logic

Two words for you

Death match

Um, do I need to start posting my epic moments in video to prove myself? LOL. I sure enjoy it and without risks it wouldn't be fun for me what so ever.

Edited by BOOGIEMAN219

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

Dude, the game again like GTA offers online PvE. To complain that that appeals to PvE players is rather redundant.

3 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

I know. People who want a passive mode are like people who go to McDonalds and order a diet coke to go with their salad when there's a perfectly good salad bar across the street. 😐

And yet, Macs still sells that stuff. Again, like Boogeyman. To complain people are playing what's offered is flawed logic.

Rithrius
3 minutes ago, Deadman2112 said:

BS

Once again flawed logic

Two words for you

Death match

If i wanted deathmatches to be the pinnacle of PvP experience in an open world online game, i'd f*cking buy Call of Duty.

Deadman2112
1 minute ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

Um, do I need to start posting my epic moments in video to prove myself? LOL.

Lol sure spam away

I'll sit back and watch the mods ban your account 

*Lola
6 hours ago, Rithrius said:

🙄

Alot of people here would say: but before you do, let me say this. The game encourages this behaviour.

If the game told you to eat sh*t, would you do it?

Deadman2112
2 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

If i wanted deathmatches to be the pinnacle of PvP experience in an open world online game, i'd f*cking buy Call of Duty.

Good suggestion

Sounds like you have a back up plan then.

It's ok though 

I'll give you a pass because you are obviously broken.

Edited by Deadman2112

BOOGIEMAN219
1 minute ago, Deadman2112 said:

Lol sure spam away

I'll sit back and watch the mods ban your account 

I'm going to get banned for posting a video of me hitting a jet with a RPG during a nightclub sell mission and completing the mission? I already posted it in the GTA best kill threads but why here because I'm trying to just prove a point?

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Rithrius said:

Yeah, that's just forcing your way. Game offers more even at this early stage, lol. 

Deadman2112
1 minute ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

I'm going to get banned for posting a video of me hitting a jet with a RPG during a nightclub sell mission and completing the mission? I already posted it in the GTA best kill threads but why here because I'm trying to just prove a point?

I believe they call it shaming around here...

I was once reprimanded for it and if they didn't do the same to you for it i would rase hell

Edited by Deadman2112

BOOGIEMAN219

Shaming? What a bunch of liberal bullsh*t.

I doubt Rockstar will change anything but I want hardcore servers where people play for fun and don't get mad over losing a few coins even though we have literally years to earn them. 

Edited by BOOGIEMAN219

Gallows

There is no point in discussing how hardcore or carebear people are. Absolutely pointless.

I’ll be playing on PvP freeaim lobbies once R* make them available. But I also 100% support the idea of PvE lobbies for two reasons. One selfish and one not. I want no passive mode in PvP and having a PvE server means we do not need it. Second, I prefer to PvP with people who want to, because I get absolutely no enjoyment from ruining another players experience for the sake of my own fun. In fact I find that only dishonourable scrubs would hold that attitude.

So seperate PvP and PvE lobbies with a further seperation of freeaim and lock on. I don’t find lock on players to be noobs, I am just looking for a different experience and I remember RDR1 free aim lobbies - absolutely brilliant gameplay at the time.

ghostsoap01
3 hours ago, Rithrius said:

I am in fact annoyed by the people who keep complaining that they keep getting shot, and then bother an uninvolved online community with it rather than growing a pair and shooting back. I'm trying to explain to people that this is how the game is meant to be played

How about this. Rockstar adds PVE lobbies and Invite only lobbies, that way all the players who think the way you do can deal with the grief-fest, while the rest of us can actually enjoy playing and actually being able to get anything done without constantly being killed. It doesn't take anything away from you, and that way you get what you want and we get what we want. Also there is no one way the game is "meant to be played", that's just your opinion on how the game is best played.

Edited by ghostsoap01