4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

3lackMamba

[SA] Veichles accelerating far to quickly, I don't know why

3lackMamba

Hello all

I installed the steam version of SA recently and followed this YT video to downgrade it and install all the necessary mods.  The game looks great and although I can't run it at 60fps without breaking the game I am using RivaTuner Statistics Server to run it at 35 fps and I am fine with that.  There is one problem that's really ruining it for me though, and thats that the car's seem to be accelerating very very quickly, even when I turn the frame limiter on, they are still accelerating very quickly, so I'm assuming its one of the mods I have installed..  I tried the completely untouched steam version I installed and although it runs terribly, cars seem to be going at normal speed so that's why I assume its something to do with the mods/downgrade.

The mods I installed from the GTA San Andreas Downgrader was 

ASI Loader

SilentPatch

Mod Loader

Remastered GUI

Project 2DFX

13AG+ Wesser Widescreen fixes

GInput

SAMP

SKYGFX

SA-MP Graphic Restore

Here is a quick video I made on twitch showing how fast I am going in a low rider and how quick I get to max speed.  I don't remember these speeds back when I was a kid.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Mysterdogg
6 hours ago, 3lackMamba said:

Here is a quick video I made on twitch showing how fast I am going in a low rider and how quick I get to max speed.

Looks like a modified handling file but since you're not playing with a speedometer, that quick acceleration & unusual high speed could only be caused by a mixture between the in-game running effects & some of the mods you mentioned. Try again but this time using a speedometer, the speed of that specific vehicle shouldn't be more than 200 km/h since the fastest vehicle has that speed. If you see that the top speed is over that indicator, I suggest you use a backed up handling file. If the problem is still present we will need to check which mod is messing with your game.

I also have the Steam version but never really downgraded it. By simply adding the Hoodlum launcher, my game was ready to play.

3lackMamba
14 hours ago, Mysterdogg said:

Looks like a modified handling file but since you're not playing with a speedometer, that quick acceleration & unusual high speed could only be caused by a mixture between the in-game running effects & some of the mods you mentioned. Try again but this time using a speedometer, the speed of that specific vehicle shouldn't be more than 200 km/h since the fastest vehicle has that speed. If you see that the top speed is over that indicator, I suggest you use a backed up handling file. If the problem is still present we will need to check which mod is messing with your game.

I also have the Steam version but never really downgraded it. By simply adding the Hoodlum launcher, my game was ready to play.

Okay so I got a speedometre and tried it out on a Savanna which I guess is similar enough to the blade.  My max speed was 167/8 km/h.  I looked up and I think the max speed is supposed to be 160 on the Savanna?  But it still feels like its accelerating far too quickly, like every car I drive get that blur'd effect which I don't remember in PS2 San Andreas.  What next?  Reinstall and start an elemination process with the mods?

I also tried replacing the handling.cfg from my vanilla steam install, didn't make a difference.

Thanks 

Mysterdogg
31 minutes ago, 3lackMamba said:

I looked up and I think the max speed is supposed to be 160 on the Savanna?

Yes, I've tested both vehicles before replying and the Blade is even faster than the Savanna with a top speed of 172 km/h. 

My max speed was 167/8 km/h.

Same results when testing. Both cars feel a bit faster than their look but as you could guess, after using a default handling data file, that's how those vehicles work.

But it still feels like its accelerating far too quickly, like every car I drive get that blur'd effect which I don't remember in PS2 San Andreas.

About this I can suggest you use Mixsets, it has a lot of useful functions & besides it's a good (almost mandatory) mod for the game. It has the function to disable the blur effects when accelerating among others. Check it.

Note: you can also change some parameters of those vehicles in the handling data file for decreasing their acceleration and top speed.

Edited by Mysterdogg

3lackMamba

So everything is running completely normal? o_O sorry to bother but can you tell me how many seconds it takes you to get to max speed in the Savanna?

Which setting is that on Mixsets? 98, Disable motion blur (when the car runs)? 

Mysterdogg
1 hour ago, 3lackMamba said:

So everything is running completely normal?

Yup, that's how to game works.

how many seconds it takes you to get to max speed in the Savanna?

Well, the Savanna having a top speed of 172 km/h, reaches that speed between 12 & 15 seconds. I only made a few acceleration tests so the results could vary a little.

Which setting is that on Mixsets?

Once you have downloaded and installed the mod in your game, open the INI file and look for the "[Graphics]" section, there you will find the controls for the camera effects, in your case those are "DisableMoBlur", "DisableVertigo" & as optional "DisaNitroBlur".

98, Disable motion blur (when the car runs)?

Yes, along with some others as I previously said.