4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

StevenT475

Oh yeah.... LOTS OF FUN.

Lonely-Martin
50 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

I highly doubt there will be separate lobbies besides a Private or Public lobby similar to GTA:Online... That's because R* is forcing players both bad and good to play together. That's what the Wild West was... Order and Balance clashing with Freedom and Chaos.

And yet, just read in the B&M thread that lobby preferences are in the code. 

They might hold it bavk/cut them. But what company pushes that many players away, lol. It limits potential profits. Shareholders won't have that. PvE sells like hotcakes too. (GTA V a billion in 3 days, this close to it).

48 minutes ago, Gallows said:

KDR is a toxic addition to any game, because of players of course. All it does is make people alter their playstyle to boost the stat. The most effective way to boost the stat is to use any means to kill people and also kill a lot of people. In a lot of games with a KDR, you will see people camping for kills rather than playing the objective. KDR is ebola for gameplay.

I am amazed at how such a number can influence the way people play. Like mindless drones watching the number with dull eyes, getting the illusion of joy with every little fractional increase. Seems odd that human beings can be controlled so easily with a few numbers, but such is reality. Even more strange is the gut wrenching obsession of the addiction, for KDR in all games.

Cold turkey, is my advice.

😁😝

Well put  :)

41 minutes ago, P34NUTZ said:

I'm begging for a passive mode.

Invite or posse sessions are far better IMO. Passive is easily exploited. We should choose our lobby and just enjoy the game.

areyouchappin
2 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

And yet, just read in the B&M thread that lobby preferences are in the code. 

They might hold it bavk/cut them. But what company pushes that many players away, lol. It limits potential profits. Shareholders won't have that. PvE sells like hotcakes too. (GTA V a billion in 3 days, this close to it).

Well put  :)

Rockstar also had the "Hot Coffee" mini-game in the coding during San Andreas development and then went ahead and left it in there even after they launched the game.... K/D isn't going to change the fact that people want to kill more than they want to be killed.. So because K/D doesn't exist... you're going to just let me kill you over and over? I mean, it doesn't matter anymore right? K/D not existing isn't protecting players now... So, why would it protect them when the Beta is over?

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

Rockstar also had the "Hot Coffee" mini-game in the coding during San Andreas development and then went ahead and left it in there even after they launched the game.... K/D isn't going to change the fact that people want to kill more than they want to be killed.. So because K/D doesn't exist... you're going to just let me kill you over and over? I mean, it doesn't matter anymore right? K/D not existing isn't protecting players now... So, why would it protect them when the Beta is over?

You don't need to underline things, nor will any single thing change my mind dude.

Enjoy not knowing. I just don't care ad it's poison. Again, look into the 5+ years of GTA:O and a certain playerbase. Childish stuff to me, so please just move on. I'm glad and that's it.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

P.T.
On 11/30/2018 at 6:46 PM, Snowman said:

I don't mind no passive mode, I don't mind the griefers, but f*cking remove constant player blips from the map. At least make the on-sight deathmatchers have to hunt down and find people to kill. There is nothing cool or fun about everyone knowing exactly where you are, or knowing where everyone else is. It completely ruins the immersion, the surprise of finding other people and just invites idiots to harass.

This 100 % ^  . Honestly i think adding this to free roam would actually cut down not only on griefing due to they can not know where everyone is at all times and run right to you , i believe it would force them to eitehr find another way to play ( by not trying to grief as their only reason to get online ) or they quit playing all together, because they no longer have a cheat tip to always be able to go right to people. 

They will get bored really fast if having to just ride on a horse for 20 minutes and not find someone . So they would quit playing the game, or find other things to do ,which would be good for everyone . 

areyouchappin

You don't need to underline things, nor will any single thing change my mind dude.

Enjoy not knowing. I just don't care ad it's poison. Again, look into the 5+ years of GTA:O and a certain playerbase. Childish stuff to me, so please just move on. I'm glad and that's it.

I'm underlining it because K/D rating isn't the magical factor that makes players want to play "good" lol it's playing good in general which requires ANY player to get more kills than deaths.. It's a pretty simple concept but people make excuses for everything nowadays. Taking K/D out has not helped Red Dead Online Beta at all... but here you are, saying that it has changed everything and everything is way better now.. when it clearly is not better because everyone is still complaining about griefing lmao but whatever dude, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

By your logic, we should also take away leveling up too, because people will want to level up and the easiest way to level up is by hijacking other players wagons or stealing money bags... Griefers/Tryhards/Sweatys whatever you want to call them... are going to do those things whether levels or K/D exist all because they can and that's what makes them feel like the better player.

Lonely-Martin
15 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

I'm underlining it because K/D rating isn't the magical factor that makes players want to play "good" lol it's playing good in general which requires ANY player to get more kills than deaths.. It's a pretty simple concept but people make excuses for everything nowadays. Taking K/D out has not helped Red Dead Online Beta at all... but here you are, saying that it has changed everything and everything is way better now.. when it clearly is not better because everyone is still complaining about griefing lmao but whatever dude, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

By your logic, we should also take away leveling up too, because people will want to level up and the easiest way to level up is by hijacking other players wagons or stealing money bags... Griefers/Tryhards/Sweatys whatever you want to call them... are going to do those things whether levels or K/D exist all because they can and that's what makes them feel like the better player.

You're arguing with yourself, but in case you missed it, here it is again...

34 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I'm glad and that's it.

areyouchappin

You're arguing with yourself, but in case you missed it, here it is again...

This wasn't an argument, this was a lesson for you, I'm telling you facts! And the fact is griefing still exists even with K/D removed from the game. So obviously K/D is not the issue here. If you think it is, you need to go to a different game forum because Red Dead Online doesn't have a K/D stat to complain about at the moment.

I'm done trying to explain the obvious to you, because you're either too stubborn or too thick to understand it.

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

This wasn't an argument, this was a lesson for you, I'm telling you facts! And the fact is griefing still exists even with K/D removed from the game. So obviously K/D is not the issue here. If you think it is, you need to go to a different game forum because Red Dead Online doesn't have a K/D stat to complain about at the moment.

I'm done trying to explain the obvious to you, because you're either too stubborn or too thick to understand it.

Neither, lol. You missed one fact, I don't care. I learned all I needed to, it's straight poison. I don't need a tryhard trying to educate me.

All I'm learning now is just how much it irritates you it's not there. Music to my ears, thanks. I'm not complaining it's boot there like you suggest, I'm celebrating, lol.

One less bit of crap to consider. Adios. (I'll leave you to get the last word, but know I'm loving this!).

areyouchappin
16 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Neither, lol. You missed one fact, I don't care. I learned all I needed to, it's straight poison. I don't need a tryhard trying to educate me.

All I'm learning now is just how much it irritates you it's not there. Music to my ears, thanks. I'm not complaining it's boot there like you suggest, I'm celebrating, lol.

One less bit of crap to consider. Adios. (I'll leave you to get the last word, but know I'm loving this!).

Get off your high horse bro, because you certainly cared at the beginning, but once you realized you had no facts, no evidence, no argument, you gave up like I knew you would. And you say you don't care, but you kept on replying to me anyways, and not even answering my arguments, you just kept saying, "This isn't how I like it, so no one on the planet should like it either!" which further proves you definitely cared. So go ahead and keep lying to yourself and making excuses for why you can't be good at video games, it's not going to change the facts.

And I could care less if there is K/D, I just think it's pretty pathetic to blame a number for the problem, when it's being a good gamer in general that caused K/D to exist in the first place. You must not be a good competitive gamer if you don't understand what I'm saying.

K/D can't even be talked about in Red Dead Online because it doesn't exist in this game.. but you're complaining about it like it's causing grief when it clearly isn't in Red Dead Online.

Edited by areyouchappin
Typos

Oldsport

they cam easily just make passive mode better by not allowing us to go passive if we are feuding and not let us go passive again after like 5 minutes so ppl arent just killing and going passive. also while passive let us be able to hunt and kill enemies npcs, just not players

Lonely-Martin
Just now, areyouchappin said:

Get off your high horse bro, because you certainly cared at the beginning, but once you realized you had no facts, no evidence, no argument, you gave up like I knew you would. And you say you don't care, but you kept on replying to me anyways, and not even answering my arguments, you just kept saying, "This isn't how I like it, so no one on the planet should like it either!" which further proves you definitely cared. So go ahead and keep lying to yourself and making excuses for why you can't be good at video games, it's not going to change the facts.

And I could care less if there is K/D, I just think it's pretty pathetic to blame a number for the problem, when it's being a good gamer in general that caused K/D to exist in the first place. You must not be a good competitive gamer if you don't understand what I'm saying.

Lol. I mock this, pretty clear from the off. And am absolutely loving the salt. Try hard salt tastes so sweet. Thanks.

Yum yum yum. ;)

The part underlined confirms it's you who's lying to yourself. Man, it's awesome. And no, I like my tall horse, I can see over bushes. :)

Rykjeklut

Durrrrr if you don't make every game in to COD you're a noob durrrr

Gallows
2 hours ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

Passive mode is the worst thing added to GTA 5, too many jet abusing passive popping puszies abuse it. Please give the PvE type their own lobby P L E A S E just no passive mode.

Agreed. People who like griefing and never want to engage in PvP may find passive mode to be fine. But for anyone wanting PvP just once in a while, passive mode is the most toxic griefer game mechanic R* has created. PvE lobbies for people who do not wish to engage in PvP.

Also a robust Bounty system including players in the equation, will be great for people who want to PvP sometimes (Which is most people).

I also agree that blips make griefing so much easier. You can just look at the map a bit. See someone alone in the wilderness. He is most likely hunting and then you are hunting him and there is nothing he can do. Those constant player blips are so daft, and really poor game design. Aim lock also makes griefing easier because you can so easily kill people while running, riding or whatever, but at least aim lock has it’s place for people who prefer that method of control as long as they make seperate lobbies. But the blips - they have absolutely no place anywhere in a decent game of this type.

Edited by Gallows

areyouchappin
Just now, Lonely-Martin said:

Lol. I mock this, pretty clear from the off. And am absolutely loving the salt. Try hard salt tastes so sweet. Thanks.

Yum yum yum. ;)

The part underlined confirms it's you who's lying to yourself. Man, it's awesome. And no, I like my tall horse, I can see over bushes. :)

Wow, you're definitely a spoiled child lol Maybe mommy can explain this better if you let her read it for you.

I stated a fact.. whether I said it, or anyone else said it... it's a fact. What you're talking about: is HOW you achieve your K/D, you can be a cheap skate or a hard worker. But you wouldn't understand any of this because you're terrible at video games.

Lonely-Martin
Just now, areyouchappin said:

Wow, you're definitely a spoiled child lol Maybe mommy can explain this better if you let her read it for you.

I stated a fact.. whether I said it, or anyone else said it... it's a fact. What you're talking about: is HOW you achieve your K/D, you can be a cheap skate or a hard worker. But you wouldn't understand any of this because you're terrible at video games.

Lzzz.

37, and gaming for 20+ years. You know me so well. /s.

I'm not the one trying to educate so hard. (Or in short, trying hard... See where I'm going?).

Lol. Bye.

areyouchappin

Lzzz.

37, and gaming for 20+ years. You know me so well. /s.

I'm not the one trying to educate so hard. (Or in short, trying hard... See where I'm going?).

Lol. Bye.

OHHH but you know me so much better right? lol plus I thought you didn't care mister 37 year old mature adult.. but here you go again, caring so much. You need to write down the things you say, old man, because you might be developing dementia.

And I'm allowed to state my opinion or the facts about K/D, I never said I wanted it or liked it, just because you don't like my opinion or the facts doesn't mean I have to shut up because you told me to. 37 years old and you still haven't learned that? Man, your parents must have never taught you manners.

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, areyouchappin said:

OHHH but you know me so much better right? lol plus I thought you didn't care mister 37 year old mature adult.. but here you go again, caring so much. You need to write down the things you say, old man, because you might be developing dementia.

And I'm allowed to state my opinion or the facts about K/D, I never said I wanted it or liked it, just because you don't like my opinion or the facts doesn't mean I have to shut up because you told me to. 37 years old and you still haven't learned that? Man, your parents must have never taught you manners.

I never told you you can't offer an opinion nor said for you to shut up.

You crack on. My opinions stand. Loosen up man.

Gallows

Just another note on the blips. It would be perfectly fine with revenge blips. Lets say someone kills you three times. Then you get his red blip on the screen. I don’t know if it should be three times or how long ot should last, how many deaths pr whatever. It could be a mechanic to combat griefers if it was balanced right. 

BOOGIEMAN219
Just now, Gallows said:

Just another note on the blips. It would be perfectly fine with revenge blips. Lets say someone kills you three times. Then you get his red blip on the screen. I don’t know if it should be three times or how long ot should last, how many deaths pr whatever. It could be a mechanic to combat griefers if it was balanced right. 

I like the idea of blips off, just keep in mind people will camp the butcher and you often won't  know your walking into a trap.

Lonely-Martin
5 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

I like the idea of blips off, just keep in mind people will camp the butcher and you often won't  know your walking into a trap.

Yeah, missions too. Maybe more dynamic locations or a travelling butcher/mission giver to meet out there or something could help.

jje1000

Yeah, missions too. Maybe more dynamic locations or a travelling butcher/mission giver to meet out there or something could help.

I would reintroduce the trapper so that there's more points to drop off pelts.

Lonely-Martin
Just now, jje1000 said:

Good point indeed.

areyouchappin
29 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I never told you you can't offer an opinion nor said for you to shut up.

You crack on. My opinions stand. Loosen up man.

Oh and my opinions stand as well, it is also backed by a fact, the fact that K/D is just another measure of an individual player's skill similar to accuracy, leveling/ranking up, or how many hideouts you cleared, etc. K/D does not exist in Red Dead Online, and griefing is still running rampant(just like any other game with a K/D stat).. so what's the excuse for all the griefing in Red Dead Online now? Because you can't say K/D caused it...

This further enforces my opinion that K/D is not the catalyst of grief in multiplayer games, it is the effect of cheap skate gamers finding the quickest way to the top.. There are plenty of K/D players that play fair and grind hard for their ratings.

Lonely-Martin
14 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

Oh and my opinions stand as well, it is also backed by a fact, the fact that K/D is just another measure of an individual player's skill similar to accuracy, leveling/ranking up, or how many hideouts you cleared, etc. K/D does not exist in Red Dead Online, and griefing is still running rampant(just like any other game with a K/D stat).. so what's the excuse for all the griefing in Red Dead Online now? Because you can't say K/D caused it...

This further enforces my opinion that K/D is not the catalyst of grief in multiplayer games, it is the effect of cheap skate gamers finding the quickest way to the top.. There are plenty of K/D players that play fair and grind hard for their ratings.

Not a catalyst, contributes. It can easily be manipulated, and many did. This game is new and that contributes too. Anyway, moving on...

areyouchappin

Not a catalyst, contributes. It can easily be manipulated, and many did. This game is new and that contributes too. Anyway, moving on...

That's your opinion which is fine, but based on that logic, leveling up or trying to make money by intercepting other people's missions can contribute to grief just as much if not more than K/D does.

Anyway, moving on...

GreatScott04

Taking away player blips won't solve the problem because griefers will just stake out the butchers and mission points. The point of the player blips is to show you who just killed you with a headshot from the rooftops so you can get your revenge, that's why the blips of players turn red when they've made a PVP kill.

I think the answer for people who want to play without griefing is PVE sessions. Still play with other players, but with friendly fire disabled. The mechanics are already there from SP.

Cratoz
1 hour ago, jje1000 said:

Exactly!

You should also be able to create (not buy) some unique clothings and other goodies like in single player. It would add another dimension to hunting

saintsrow
30 minutes ago, GreatScott04 said:

I think the answer for people who want to play without griefing is PVE sessions. Still play with other players, but with friendly fire disabled. The mechanics are already there from SP.

I totally agree, and the only way I will be in RD Online is with private sessions or PvE, no friendly fire.  But  TTWO is like, "PvE don't pay the bills here. You think we're just making games so people have fun?  Hah!!  Not on this planet."  

Assblaster

I don't mind white hats versus black hats, it's sometime fun...but not constantly. Even John Wesley Hardin didn't go around killing everybody. Maybe we can have a mix of both: PVP zones and PVE zones in the same session. Towns could be off-limits for PVP, for a decent radius around the town to get rid of griefers camping near the butcher. And make it so that we're invulnerable while fishing PLEASE.

supanaut
15 hours ago, Fennimoe said:

I don't know... I'd be a betting man if I say that R* will add friendly lobbies... But I bet.

True, but there was still griefers in RD1 friendly lobbies who would try and fcuk up your day by constantly sniping your horse... I hope they make horses immune to losers in this one.