Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GlitterCorn69

About all this rain

Recommended Posts

GlitterCorn69

Idk if it's just me or what but has anyone come to find that it rains a bit too much and that it seems to stop and come back only a minute later. I've taken note of it before the new patch and after the patch. Is this a glitch or what? Cause I'm starting to find it real anoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XAIKON

Seems to depend on location for me. Roanoke ridge is just permanently raining for me.... Sometimes I arrive in the area when it's lovely and sunny, but within seconds the downpour will start.... sometimes even before the murky clouds appear! Fort Riggs is also perma-raining for me too. I find it hard to fathom the amount of effort that went into creating a completely realistic environment, until you look up. That sky.... my god, the weather.... the contrast in quality is huge, which is so surprising since there was nothing wrong about the weather system and the sky in both GTAV and RDR1. How the hell did they go backwards?! How did the testers and developers just say 'yep. good enough'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penicuikscotland2010
10 hours ago, XAIKON said:

Seems to depend on location for me. Roanoke ridge is just permanently raining for me.... Sometimes I arrive in the area when it's lovely and sunny, but within seconds the downpour will start.... sometimes even before the murky clouds appear! Fort Riggs is also perma-raining for me too. I find it hard to fathom the amount of effort that went into creating a completely realistic environment, until you look up. That sky.... my god, the weather.... the contrast in quality is huge, which is so surprising since there was nothing wrong about the weather system and the sky in both GTAV and RDR1. How the hell did they go backwards?! How did the testers and developers just say 'yep. good enough'

The weather would be 10/10 if they just made it longer. In my game i get never ending sun. Can go days without overcast.  When it rains it disappears as quick as a sneeze and i am not too happy about that.RDR1 really nailed it. I loved the week long heatwaves and the big thunderstorm that would come after. It felt so well done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harmonica

Some of this might be scripted. There's a stranger mission north of Roanoke ridge, for example, that causes a lot of rain as you approach it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeniorDerp
2 hours ago, Penicuikscotland2010 said:

The weather would be 10/10 if they just made it longer. In my game i get never ending sun. Can go days without overcast.  When it rains it disappears as quick as a sneeze and i am not too happy about that.RDR1 really nailed it. I loved the week long heatwaves and the big thunderstorm that would come after. It felt so well done. 

I've had plays where it rained for multiple in-game days. I rode all over north of Strawberry/ Big Valley, camped and slept overnight, rode into Valentine, caught the Stage over to Annesburg, still raining. Camped and slept overnight, Rode to St. Denis and it eventually stopped whenever I went toward Rhodes from St. Denis. I had another instance where it started snowing in Annesburg and didn't stop for 2-3 days riding from there toward Wapiti 

 

Honestly, as I'm describing it, it kind of sounds like the weather system was glitching lol 

Edited by SeniorDerp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
josephene123
49 minutes ago, SeniorDerp said:

I've had plays where it rained for multiple in-game days. I rode all over north of Strawberry/ Big Valley, camped and slept overnight, rode into Valentine, caught the Stage over to Annesburg, still raining. Camped and slept overnight, Rode to St. Denis and it eventually stopped whenever I went toward Rhodes from St. Denis. I had another instance where it started snowing in Annesburg and didn't stop for 2-3 days riding from there toward Wapiti 

 

Honestly, as I'm describing it, it kind of sounds like the weather system was glitching lol 

Huh? It can snow in Annesburg???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woggleman

I have never once seen snow in  Annesburg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

I've had torrential rain that's lasted for multiple in-game days too. The temperature plummets around the world to like 3c, even down south.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeniorDerp
3 hours ago, josephene123 said:

Huh? It can snow in Annesburg???

It was during Chapter 6, idk if that makes a difference? I took a Stage to Annesburg, when I got out it was snowing, temp thing said 22deg. I rode up to camp, still snowing, did a mission with Sadie where you traveled and I think camped overnight? Snowed the whole time. I can't remember if it would build up on anything but my core would drain so I had on a coat. It was funny because I had to put on a cold weather outfit and everyone else was normally dressed haha

 

Edit: this was actually taken before I did that mission because i thought it was comical needing to be dressed in warm clothes and I guess you can see the snow build up on Arthur.. Had to have been a glitch?

TuhAYs5.jpg

Edited by SeniorDerp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarcCCTx

Until you solve the Marko mission, the rain will keep coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3Prcntr

Same with those dust storms in N.A. Like one every hour and they clear up so fast.

That's not how weather works R*....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

Why did I move here? Well I guess it wasn't the weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.