Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Tengerecki

GTA6, why haven't we seen a trailer yet?

Recommended Posts

Bloodytears1666
20 hours ago, Wolver_321 said:

Really? I missed that one! I read last year that there was a small possibility of seeing a sequel. It's a bit of a shame, Midnight Club 2 was my first ever Rockstar game, I played when I was 8 more or less. I remember the good old days with my brother roaming around Tokyo like 2 complete idiots...

Thanks for the heads up, even if I haven't appreciated it so much :(

 

P.S. Yeah, I've just read that Midnight Club L.A. was delisted from PS Store. Another piece of my childhood is gone.

I only heard the rumor that Midnight Club 2 and 3 will be available as Rockstar Classic games, but this information haven't been confirmed yet. Doubt it eventually will happen.

Yeah, Midnight Club 2 was really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous

Oh, it'll be a long time for that one. Don't look forward to a trailer to come earlier than 3 years. I'm not expecting a game release before 2023, so probably a mid next-gen title. 

Edited by Jabalous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tengerecki

Shouldn't they focus on GTA? Isn't that their biggest and greatest title? Come on, it's 2019 (almost), I'm supposed to wait 2 more years for a trailer? That's bad news...really bad and there has never been such a huge time gap between any GTA games.

 

On 11/30/2018 at 12:03 PM, XAIKON said:

Dude, so much wrong with what you said. Your pulling 'facts' out of your behind. RDR2 was obviously in full production for a lot longer.... it was announced a full 2 years before it was released... Your saying it was only in full development for only 1 year before they announced it?

 

They might overlap 2 projects, but Rockstar's release schedule, and basic common sense, points to it never being more than 2 games in full production at one time. They have said multiple times that RDR2 utilized Rockstar's studios WORLD WIDE, acting as ONE TEAM. One team does not make 3 epic scale open world games at once. They are a huge company, but to have RDR2, bully2, AND GTA6 in production all at the same time, would be the biggest workload you could imagine, and this for a company that has the world looking at them through a microscope looking for the slightest hint of overworking their employees since the recent scandal.

 

Dan Houser even recently said in an interview how glad he is that they are NOT releasing a GTA in the Trump era, due to the heated political divide in america at the moment. Most trailers usually contain some voice work, some polished shots of the game world, implemented physics and programming.... they would be nowhere near that stage yet. And c'mon, announcing a next gen game..... Before anyone knows what the next gen will even be?

 

So next time you waffle on like your an insider or an expert espousing "facts" about the worlds most secretive games developer, you might wanna get your facts straight.

 

Any source? What the hell does politics have to do with releasing a game? Seriously, I call total BS on that. Where'd you get this info? Gib me source.

Edited by Tengerecki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtaisthecoolest

focussing on other games. patience is key!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tengerecki
7 hours ago, gtaisthecoolest said:

focussing on other games. patience is key!

I don't have patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimd41

lmfao @all the people saying we wont see another GTA on current gen or before 2021... 

 

It WILL release on current gen, and the announcement will be next year, you can go ban my 2005 account if we end 2019 without announcement.

Edited by Kimd41

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Tengerecki said:

I don't have patience.

Well, you better get one if you wanna wait for another GTA game. lmao. Meanwhile, play RDR 2. That should last you about 3-4 years.

 

20 hours ago, Tengerecki said:

Any source? What the hell does politics have to do with releasing a game? Seriously, I call total BS on that. Where'd you get this info? Gib me source.

https://in.ign.com/red-dead-redemption-2/129417/news/dan-houser-thankful-not-to-be-releasing-grand-theft-auto-6-r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hikikomori-Yume

It's possible Rockstar (being one of if not the biggest selling developers on PlayStation) already has the PS5 devkit and is working on VI right now.

Pre-production probably started in 2015, they probably have the employees a vacation for a year to cool off.

Actual development could have began in 2017 or this year, I could see Sony handing out early prototype devkit to the biggest devs.

 

IMO VI will be available by 2022 with a trailer in 2021.

I say this because the PS5 will be released in 2020.

 

Oh and it for sure will have an optional VR mode.

VR is the next stage of gaming, with this new wave having started in 2012 with Oculus VR and officially in 2015 with the CV1.

2020 will mark the fifth anniversary of modern VR, that is plenty of time for decent adoption and for Sony to really move on with the tech.

There is no way the next GTA is going to be focused on third person and be just another rehash of the current formula.

They can't wait too long to release the next entry otherwise it could fade into obscurity and people would grow tired of the brand considering GTA online.

 

As for the trailer.

I predict they'll have a teaser trailer ready by 2020.

Just think about how they released the V teaser two whole years before the actual release of the game.

 

 

3 hours ago, Tengerecki said:

I don't have patience.

Lmao put yourself in my shoes.

I have been playing the waiting game with Rockstar for 20 years.

It really f*cking pains me that they seriously think it's acceptable to release one GTA once every five years to a decade.

They could at least do some spin-offs like Vice City and San Andreas.

1 hour ago, Kimd41 said:

lmfao @all the people saying we wont see another GTA on current gen or before 2021... 

 

It WILL release on current gen, and the announcement will be next year, you can go ban my 2005 account if we end 2019 without announcement.

VI absolutely will not be released before the PS5.

It's going to be a next gen game, even if they release a dumbed down port for the PS4.

It's more likely that an expansion for V single player will be released before then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnimalFather

Most likely after gta5 they had a group of 10-15 people working on GTA6 planning pre-pre-production stuff. Core story, characters, protagonist, location. these kinds of things. but now after RDR2 they will go into full on pre-production and full production shortly after of about 1000+ men, leaving a crew of about 50-100 men working on RDO. Dont expect this game to be out anytime soon though, the game will be built for nexgen consoles from the ground up, i expect a release date of about 2022-2023, yes 5 years from now, maybe even more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tengerecki
On 12/3/2018 at 12:32 AM, AnimalFather said:

Most likely after gta5 they had a group of 10-15 people working on GTA6 planning pre-pre-production stuff. Core story, characters, protagonist, location. these kinds of things. but now after RDR2 they will go into full on pre-production and full production shortly after of about 1000+ men, leaving a crew of about 50-100 men working on RDO. Dont expect this game to be out anytime soon though, the game will be built for nexgen consoles from the ground up, i expect a release date of about 2022-2023, yes 5 years from now, maybe even more. 

let's say 6 years then. It would be a a ~11-year gap...11 or maybe 12 years between GTA5 and GTA6? Go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cosworth
On 12/1/2018 at 2:28 AM, Wolver_321 said:

Really? I missed that one! I read last year that there was a small possibility of seeing a sequel. It's a bit of a shame, Midnight Club 2 was my first ever Rockstar game, I played when I was 8 more or less. I remember the good old days with my brother roaming around Tokyo like 2 complete idiots...

Thanks for the heads up, even if I haven't appreciated it so much :(

 

P.S. Yeah, I've just read that Midnight Club L.A. was delisted from PS Store. Another piece of my childhood is gone.

Same here, MCII was my first ever game.I played it together with Vice City in 2004 when I was 6.I'm still listening it's Electro-dance musics in my car.But Delishing of the game from Store doesnt mean that series are discontinued(hopefully). I still got some hope for a future Midnight Club.Without it, sh*tty games like NFS or Crew forgot who the real boss of illegal street racing was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous

I'm glad that GTA 6 will arrive on the next-gen of consoles. It will be a long time for it of course, but the result will truly be magnificent given that it won't be limited by the current console's technology like it was with GTA 5. The jump in graphics and physics simulation will even be a step above the incredible world in Redemption 2 and that's enough to make excited for what Rockstar will do. It's truly the golden age of video games when cities and wilderness can feel alive in virtual/digital worlds, all made by bits and bytes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimd41

Not sure why everyone is so confident it will be a next gen only game. It wont.

 

- From a financial point of view, they can maximize profits by having people douple-dip buying the game in PS4 then PS5. The next gen market will be small when the game releases.

 

- GTAV is a previous gen (PS3) game, if VI is nextgen they would skip one gen and lots of market, makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
6 hours ago, Kimd41 said:

Not sure why everyone is so confident it will be a next gen only game. It wont.

 

- From a financial point of view, they can maximize profits by having people douple-dip buying the game in PS4 then PS5. The next gen market will be small when the game releases.

 

- GTAV is a previous gen (PS3) game, if VI is nextgen they would skip one gen and lots of market, makes no sense.

You do realize games should be "developed" and then released right? It's not like R* can suddenly pull a new GTA out of their ass and go "there you go coming in 2020"when you realize based in articles that they haven't even properly started the development cycle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimd41
5 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

You do realize games should be "developed" and then released right? It's not like R* can suddenly pull a new GTA out of their ass and go "there you go coming in 2020"when you realize based in articles that they haven't even properly started the development cycle. 

I think you should re-read what I said because your text has no relation to mine.

 

Also, the development status is internal and will never be exposed in articles. The development of the next game starts right after the release of the current, and will never be admitted in public before an official announcement of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
4 minutes ago, Kimd41 said:

I think you should re-read what I said because your text has no relation to mine.

 

Also, the development status is internal and will never be exposed in articles. The development of the next game starts right after the release of the current, and will never be admitted in public before an official announcement of the game.

Yeah but there's a two year gap with each big R* release and announcement(GTA V announced 2011-released 2013/RDR2 2016-2018)and there's no way R* announce anything right now and this generation is probably gonna end in 2020). Other than that I don't think they will release it at "the beginning of nextgen" either. I'm predicting a huge mega project like we've never seen before coming in 2023-2025

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emmi

I also feel like a Spring 2023 release is what R* aims for. This will be unlike anything the industry has seen before. It'll be gigantic, no doubt! Current-gen release is 100% NOT happening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad Azz
On 12/2/2018 at 4:02 PM, Hikikomori-Yume said:

h and it for sure will have an optional VR mode.

VR is the next stage of gaming, with this new wave having started in 2012 with Oculus VR and officially in 2015 with the CV1.

2020 will mark the fifth anniversary of modern VR, that is plenty of time for decent adoption and for Sony to really move on with the tech.

There is no way the next GTA is going to be focused on third person and be just another rehash of the current formula.

They can't wait too long to release the next entry otherwise it could fade into obscurity and people would grow tired of the brand considering GTA online.

 

You might be right. But I hope not.

 

There are still lots of old school gamers out here. These are the people who made Kinect and Playsation Move a big fail.

 

In my opinion, before VR gets fully implemented in the video game industry, old school customers will have no choices left but to move on. Either due to old age, or because of an active and forceful push of the industry regarding newer technolgies and means of playing which would force the older generation to forced retirement.

 

VR... It's simply not enjoyable, atleast in my opinion. Gamers, they want to sit back on their couch, classic controller in hand. Simple as that. 

 

Let's also take into account that I am only in my early 20's. So how much time before people like us are pushed out? I still have a lot of years of gaming in fornt of me, and I don't plan on perusing VR. Because it is what it is, either they give me a classic controller, or I simply don't play. My problem? Not so sure about that. It's them, who wants my money, and I represent a certain percentage of their income. 

 

Furthermore, VR headset and gear represents an additional expense for the household. So for the GTA series, being the most popular video game franchise of all time, to move into a certain direction limiting their market reach, VR would need to be fully accepted by the community, as well as being fully implemented within the base console. 

 

Of course I am looking at the issue from my biased, old school filters, but I personally don't see that being the case with the next generation of consoles.

 

Edit: I am kind of swerving a bit off topic, as usual. So I guess to come back to the initial point, I will say that if your predictions turn out to be true, then it means we won't see another GTA before 2023. 

 

 

 

Edited by Bad Azz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hikikomori-Yume

 I'm not dismissing your concerns because I feel for you in worrying about having to leave gaming.

As soon as they ditch physical copies of games and go streaming then I'll have to stick to generations prior to that.

However, let me tell you that the way you feel about VR right now is only temporary and eventually you'll open up to it and might even prefer VR over 2D gaming.

With VR you can actually BE inside the game and what better game for that other than GTA.

This series was made for VR.

You think it's fun to run around in third person driving cars around, killing people and causing mayhem ... wait for when you are completely immersed in the game world doing all of that.

I will spend hundreds of hours just driving around and walking through the city.

Imagine you spent hours earning enough money to buy a car and upgrade it, then you get to see the car right next to you and feel it's presence, then drive to your safehouse you just decorated and feel as though you're truly there.

People don't like GTA online much today but imagine playing it with friends in vr, your friend is driving and your shooting at the cops through the window then he drives you to an abandoned warehouse where you two fight off hordes of swat team members for as long as you can until the army comes in ans shoots a bazooka at you blowing your virtual body to bits.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StevenR

Well they still got bully 2 to release and market and plus plenty of dlc for both bully 2 and red dead online. 

Edited by StevenR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrudgefromSanAndreas

VR will suck in armored cars w/ small windows tho 😕 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XAIKON

Some people just miss the point.

 

entire company making rdr2

big portion doing rdr2 online

 

WHERE DO THE THOUSANDS MORE DEVELOPERS COME FROM TO MAKE GTA6??!

IT WILL TAKE MULTIPLE YEARS OF FULL DEVELOPMENT

RED DEAD JUST CAME OUT - THIS YEAR

GTA6 WILL TAKE ENTIRE STUDIO MULTIPLE YEARS

RED DEAD 2 CAME OUT THIS YEAR

??????????????

Is logic starting to sink in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deadasdisco
13 hours ago, XAIKON said:

Some people just miss the point.

 

entire company making rdr2

big portion doing rdr2 online

 

WHERE DO THE THOUSANDS MORE DEVELOPERS COME FROM TO MAKE GTA6??!

IT WILL TAKE MULTIPLE YEARS OF FULL DEVELOPMENT

RED DEAD JUST CAME OUT - THIS YEAR

GTA6 WILL TAKE ENTIRE STUDIO MULTIPLE YEARS

RED DEAD 2 CAME OUT THIS YEAR

??????????????

Is logic starting to sink in?

It wasn't a global studio production for 7 years. As I said previously they shuffle projects internally. They also OUTSOURCE.

 

You're right they will take multiple years of full development, but I still think it's pretty far into production. 

Edited by deadasdisco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Schwartzxz

how can anyone seriously think that Rockstar is not gonna make another GTA game? blows my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elfoam

Wont see it until at least 2023 imho, could even be 2025

 

5 hours ago, Schwartzxz said:

how can anyone seriously think that Rockstar is not gonna make another GTA game? blows my mind.

Houser said it himself that you can't do a GTA game in the current political situation, you'll have to wait for Trump to go away

Edited by elfoam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hikikomori-Yume
3 hours ago, elfoam said:

Wont see it until at least 2023 imho, could even be 2025

 

Houser said it himself that you can't do a GTA game in the current political situation, you'll have to wait for Trump to go away

That's not what he said and it wouldn't be the truth either way.

There are two talk/political stations in IV that piss on both the far left and right, touching on very sensitive subjects like terrorism and the JQ.

They aren't afraid of making a game with Trump in office, he was just making a casual comment unrelated to VI's development.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DIEXEL

Why do people think that they will build a entire new game from scratch? The game world will be expanded because of the GTA Online. Red Dead did not have a serious online mode until now so that's why it took so long to build that. It would be a huge disaster for GTA Online and Rockstar/Take-Two if the Online mode* don't get a purchasable major update before 2021. I would say that 2020 is the latest they can wait.

 

*Including a single player mode as well.

Edited by DIEXEL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KennyLoggins

I hope they don't release gtavi at the end of this gens cycle, and then port it to next gen. They should just release it for next gen only, then it wouldn't get outdated so quick. Although gtav still holds up well, the map design and textures are starting to feel a little dated, especially after playing rdr2. I can't help but think how much better gtav could have been if they just skipped PS3/Xbox 360 era.

 

Maybe Dan houser was hinting at a GTA being based in the 80's or 90's. 80's vice city would look so beautiful with rockstars lighting effects on RAGE. Imagine the neon lights? Whatever they do I can't wait!

Edited by KennyLoggins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StralsundR

Why people inpatient like that ? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.