2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Tengerecki

GTA6, why haven't we seen a trailer yet?

Tengerecki

It's been almost 6 years....what's going on? No more GTA?

Journey_95

Wrong section and they focused on RDR2 in the past few years. I doubt we will see a GTA until 2022 or even later. Rockstar takes way more time these days to make their games

Spectre_

yeah gta 6 confirmed

Vanzant

Moved to GTA Next....

Because they just released RDR 2. We'll probably see a trailer in 2 to 4 years. And as what Journey_95 said, it takes R* a while to develop games nowadays. See how RDR 2 took eight years to release?

American Venom

It's almost a guarantee GTA VI will be a next gen game and since those consoles aren't due until 2020 at the earliest I think the earliest we could realistically see a trailer is 2021. I suspect they might even wait until 2023 to release the game (so 10 years after GTA V) since development cycles keep getting longer and longer and the time between trailers/release is usually 2 years.

Amirite? 

MostWantedMVP

Not anytime soon. Bully 2 is next I think.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Cheatz/Trickz

GTA 6 is so far away, but they’ll obviously be drawing up concepts for it as we speak. 

At the moment Online is still doing too well, it’s when the next consoles have taken over a few years into their cycles and Online inevitably dies down, that’s when we’ll see GTA 6.

Emmi

@Miamivicecity Agree to all you said! I just hope Bully 2 will be released sometime 2020.

HOW'S ANNIE?

I have a feeling we'll see a trailer by the end of 2019. Rockstar will probably want to try and cross-gen the next game like they did with V (double the profit purely through the base game's sale). I know Yan said Bully 2 is next on the agenda, but wasn't that before the last six month delay of RDR2? Not to say they're going to try and push the game out, but I'm sure it's top priority to release another GTA on current gen consoles.

deadasdisco

People seem to think they are just starting now, there would of been outsourcing art teams, vehicle modellers and technical artists, and a small team of rockstar devs working on this since GTA V. They are more a long then we think, and Rockstar didn't enter full production of RDR2 till like 2-3 years before release, so there would of been multiple projects being made. They are and always have been marketed as a multi-project developer. 

It's pretty much going to be a Next Gen game but they can still announce next year if they really wanted to as you don't have to wait till 2020 to release trailers with undetermined platforms. 

Edited by deadasdisco

Emmi

I am preeeeetty sure that GTA VI will not be announced before sometime 2021.

XAIKON
21 hours ago, deadasdisco said:

People seem to think they are just starting now, there would of been outsourcing art teams, vehicle modellers and technical artists, and a small team of rockstar devs working on this since GTA V. They are more a long then we think, and Rockstar didn't enter full production of RDR2 till like 2-3 years before release, so there would of been multiple projects being made. They are and always have been marketed as a multi-project developer. 

It's pretty much going to be a Next Gen game but they can still announce next year if they really wanted to as you don't have to wait till 2020 to release trailers with undetermined platforms. 

Dude, so much wrong with what you said. Your pulling 'facts' out of your behind. RDR2 was obviously in full production for a lot longer.... it was announced a full 2 years before it was released... Your saying it was only in full development for only 1 year before they announced it?

They might overlap 2 projects, but Rockstar's release schedule, and basic common sense, points to it never being more than 2 games in full production at one time. They have said multiple times that RDR2 utilized Rockstar's studios WORLD WIDE, acting as ONE TEAM. One team does not make 3 epic scale open world games at once. They are a huge company, but to have RDR2, bully2, AND GTA6 in production all at the same time, would be the biggest workload you could imagine, and this for a company that has the world looking at them through a microscope looking for the slightest hint of overworking their employees since the recent scandal.

Dan Houser even recently said in an interview how glad he is that they are NOT releasing a GTA in the Trump era, due to the heated political divide in america at the moment. Most trailers usually contain some voice work, some polished shots of the game world, implemented physics and programming.... they would be nowhere near that stage yet. And c'mon, announcing a next gen game..... Before anyone knows what the next gen will even be?

So next time you waffle on like your an insider or an expert espousing "facts" about the worlds most secretive games developer, you might wanna get your facts straight.

Wolver_321

It Trump will be elected again, do we have to wait until 2024-2025? Nah, IMO Houser just didn't want to say "You'll have to wait 4-5 more years for GTA VI".

Considering that PS5 might be announced by the end of 2019 (Sony won't even be at the next E3), I think that we'll see a trailer only in 2020. Unless they want to show a game that is made for a console that isn't even announced... 

Forza_GTA
5 hours ago, XAIKON said:

. And c'mon, announcing a next gen game..... Before anyone knows what the next gen will even be?

GTA 6 will be launched first on the current generation

VictorVance1239

They're likely waiting to release the game at a point that it can be ported over to new consoles again. Gotta make double the money again and get double on them shark card sells smh. 

TheSantader25

Announcement:2021

Release Date:2023(After Two Delays) 

Wolver_321
33 minutes ago, VictorVance1239 said:

They're likely waiting to release the game at a point that it can be ported over to new consoles again. Gotta make double the money again and get double on them shark card sells smh. 

Waiting for releasing it as a cross-gen title? Next gen consoles are just around the corner! If they really want to make GTA VI a cross-gen game (as GTA V) they'd have to release a trailer in these days/months... Maybe if next gen consoles won't be backwards compatible with current-gen games (which is very unlikely considering that current gen system and leaked next gen system share the exact same chipset, x86) we could see RDR2 with improved graphics and performance. Regarding GTA VI I'm 99.999% sure that it will be next-gen and PC only.

Emmi

No, it's 100% guaranteed that GTA VI won't be released on current-gen consoles ... THANK GOD ... or we'd have another GTA heavily limited by old hardware!

Expect an announcement sometime in 2021!

Forza_GTA

There are really people who think that GTA 6 will not be sold on the current generation ?

Ask yourself why the sales of 5 are huge and knowing that you can be sure that it will be sold on this generation first.

If it's not the case it's half of GTA 5 sales in less which is impossible.

TheSantader25
43 minutes ago, Forza_GTA said:

There are really people who think that GTA 6 will not be sold on the current generation ?

Ask yourself why the sales of 5 are huge and knowing that you can be sure that it will be sold on this generation first.

Just sit and watch. It's impossible for VI to come for this gen. 

Wolver_321
53 minutes ago, Forza_GTA said:

Well, I'm astonished to see people believing that GTA VI will be out on current-gen consoles... But let me explain why it isn't possible:

GTA V and RDR2 have been announced respectively in 2011 and 2016. When were they released? GTA V in 2013 and RDR2 in 2018. So there are more or less 2 years between the 1st trailer and the game itself. Now try to imagine Rockstar uploading a GTA VI trailer tomorrow: the game would probably be out by 2020-2021. Considering that PS5 is rumored to be shown in February/March 2019 and released in 2019-2020, how can Rockstar anticipate tghe next gen consoles? GTA V, after all, came out some months before next gen consoles.

But this scenario is also impossible, because uploading a GTA VI trailer in this moment will immediatly kill RDR2. 

Did they want to milk for all these years GTA Online? Yes, so they've run out of time for GTA VI that will "sadly" be only on next gen consoles. Have you seen what they've done with RDR2 on current gen hardware? RDR2 is a significant improvement over GTA V. Can we please have other big improvements on new hardwares?

So prepare 500€ (or 500$, or 500£ or X price in your currency) for the next PS5 or Xbox if you want to play GTA VI... Or just wait another year for the PC version.

Emmi

Yes, there's 0.00000000% of a chance that VI comes out for PS4 & Xbox One. I'm happy!

Wolver_321
13 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Yes, there's 0.00000000% of a chance that VI comes out for PS4 & Xbox One. I'm happy!

Ehi, that's the same possibility of seeing GTA VI on PS1! I'm happy too!  Let me just buy another 1MB Memory Card and I'm ready to play.

Anyway in this topic there's someone who believes that GTA VI will be out even on PS3 and Xbox 360, and I'm not joking! Is it really so difficult to understand how technologies work? You don't have to have a degree in IT! When a product becomes too old there's another one which, in theory, should be better than its predecessor. A console lasts about 6-7 years, base PS4s and Xbox Ones are already five years old. Considering that consoles' specs were already awful back in 2013 (compared to PC), it's unbelievable how some games could run on these systems, but with a good optimization (and a good knowledge of the hardware) it's possible to achieve amazing results. But there's always a limitation, the hardware can't be pushed over its technical limits! And when the hardware reached that point, there's the need to have a better console on the market.

Bloodytears1666

This guy has a strong point. There will be at least 3 painful RDR online years, till they run out of ideas how to turn it into nutshell, and then Rockstar start it new and afresh, like nothing happend before. I expect that after 3 years RDR online development become similar to current GTA online and we will see the first trailer.

Wolver_321
13 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

This guy has a strong point. There will be at least 3 painful RDR online years, till they run out of ideas how to turn it into nutshell, and then Rockstar start it new and afresh, like nothing happend before. I expect that after 3 years RDR online development become similar to current GTA online and we will see the first trailer.

Yep, that's what will probably happen... RDR2 Online will say in Beta for at least 6 months IMO.

GTA Online in theory should receive its normal Christmas DLC now, maybe they'll add some new cars too. From what I heard Rockstar doesn't want to let GTA Online die yet, probably they're still making a lot of money from it.

And the rumored Bully 2, Max Payne 4 and Midnight Club? These 3 games are rumored from years, maybe between RDR2 and GTA VI there will be one of these sequels. Bully 2 is, for the moment, the most rumored of the 3.

Bloodytears1666
38 minutes ago, Wolver_321 said:

And the rumored Bully 2, Max Payne 4 and Midnight Club? These 3 games are rumored from years, maybe between RDR2 and GTA VI there will be one of these sequels. Bully 2 is, for the moment, the most rumored of the 3.

I have to tell you that Midnight Club has been officially discontinued years ago.

Wolver_321
1 hour ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

I have to tell you that Midnight Club has been officially discontinued years ago.

Really? I missed that one! I read last year that there was a small possibility of seeing a sequel. It's a bit of a shame, Midnight Club 2 was my first ever Rockstar game, I played when I was 8 more or less. I remember the good old days with my brother roaming around Tokyo like 2 complete idiots...

Thanks for the heads up, even if I haven't appreciated it so much :(

P.S. Yeah, I've just read that Midnight Club L.A. was delisted from PS Store. Another piece of my childhood is gone.

monochrome_infinity
9 hours ago, Wolver_321 said:

It Trump will be elected again, do we have to wait until 2024-2025? Nah, IMO Houser just didn't want to say "You'll have to wait 4-5 more years for GTA VI".

Considering that PS5 might be announced by the end of 2019 (Sony won't even be at the next E3), I think that we'll see a trailer only in 2020. Unless they want to show a game that is made for a console that isn't even announced... 

If Bully 2 comes before GTA VI, 2025 wouldn't be that far fetched actually.

Bully 2 in 2021, GTA in 2025.

deadasdisco
15 hours ago, XAIKON said:

Dude, so much wrong with what you said. Your pulling 'facts' out of your behind. RDR2 was obviously in full production for a lot longer.... it was announced a full 2 years before it was released... Your saying it was only in full development for only 1 year before they announced it?

They might overlap 2 projects, but Rockstar's release schedule, and basic common sense, points to it never being more than 2 games in full production at one time. They have said multiple times that RDR2 utilized Rockstar's studios WORLD WIDE, acting as ONE TEAM. One team does not make 3 epic scale open world games at once. They are a huge company, but to have RDR2, bully2, AND GTA6 in production all at the same time, would be the biggest workload you could imagine, and this for a company that has the world looking at them through a microscope looking for the slightest hint of overworking their employees since the recent scandal.

Dan Houser even recently said in an interview how glad he is that they are NOT releasing a GTA in the Trump era, due to the heated political divide in america at the moment. Most trailers usually contain some voice work, some polished shots of the game world, implemented physics and programming.... they would be nowhere near that stage yet. And c'mon, announcing a next gen game..... Before anyone knows what the next gen will even be?

So next time you waffle on like your an insider or an expert espousing "facts" about the worlds most secretive games developer, you might wanna get your facts straight.

First of all i'm no insider lmao, I just base all my opinions from credible info.

No I know they shuffle projects all the time, I base all my opinions from reading tons of linkedin information on individual developers starting development on RDR2 and 'unannounced games', resumes of voice actors, Ashs previous leaks of Rockstar projects in 2012, looking at the actual credits, research on how they begin projects with world machine and designing the map first and standard knowledge of how 2-3 projects are managed. And yes I personally think RDR 2 was only in 1 year full 1200+ devs development before announcement, and I could be wrong, maybe 2 years makes more sense. GTA V wasn't in full production until the last 2-3 years and if I remember correctly, RDR 2 was in pre production during that development time. If you think they were a full worldwide team for 7 years, you're sadly mistaken. All public statements are just normal PR dribble to market it's grand scale. In regard to Dan Housers comment, it could mean a number of things but I know 100% they are more along then what people think. 

Rockstar fa**ot, a credible insider mentioned spitball documents in 2016, and these spitball documents were well known with other insiders like Yan ect. It's fairly obvious of pre production since then. Looking at Vehicle artists in RDR2's credits, there weren't many at all and if you think they would have had the remaining vehicle team sitting and doing nothing, I wouldn't think so. They got all this time to build assets and art. You also don't need a world wide team to build a map.

Btw, Cyberpunk is 100% going to be next gen and it's already shown gameplay. 

Edited by deadasdisco