4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
TheSantader25

[Spoilers] The Reason the Gang sucks at Robbing Banks

TheSantader25

During the Robbery at Saint Denis they don't use hostages. How stupid are they? They could easily escape with hostages. But they threw them inside another room instead like they are useless. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU ROB A PLACE. are they basically in conflict with not killing innocents and being murderous outlaws? We saw how useful a hostage was in Saving John from the prison. 

Edited by TheSantader25

SAS_Intruder

Well, in real life, I don't think that one hostage would be helpful in releasing John. Most likely,  guards would risk it and shoot them right where they stand. As for bank job, that would be different.  It is in the middle of the day right on busy street, hostages would probably help.

O.Z
26 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

During the Robbery at Saint Denis they don't use hostages. How stupid are they? They could easily escape with hostages. But they threw them inside another room instead like they are useless. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU ROB A PLACE. are they basically in conflict with not killing innocents and being murderous outlaws? We saw how useful a hostage was in Saving John from the prison. 

Dutch’s gang is the most useless at robbing banks. No surprises here.

However, don’t you worry, there is always a next time, cos Dutch has a plan!!!

lol, what a load of bollocks

Edited by O.Z

TheSantader25
7 minutes ago, O.Z said:

Dutch’s gang is the most useless at robbing banks. No surprises here.

However, don’t you worry, there is always a next time, cos Dutch has a plan!!!

lol, what a load of bollocks

T R U S T   M E. 

The Queenslayer

They fail,because they lack the goddamn faith that Dutch has.

roe
2 hours ago, SAS_Intruder said:

Well, in real life, I don't think that one hostage would be helpful in releasing John.

That mission annoyed me.  Not because they used a hostage, but because they let the hostage go before they were even away, turning the mission into yet another crazy shootout.

SonOfLiberty

Their constant failings remind me of the McRearies and their sh*thouse planning and orchestration of a robbery/heist. Maybe Packie and Derrick are distant relatives of Dutch and co?😛

Think about it. When they're on Guarma and Dutch is asked who he is he comes up with the "Aiden O'Mailey" alias who is one of Derrick's old drinking buddies.

Ok I'll stop now.:ph34r:

TheSantader25
2 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

Their constant failings remind me of the McRearies and their sh*thouse planning and orchestration of a robbery/heist. Maybe Packie and Derrick are distant relatives of Dutch and co?😛

Think about it. When they're on Guarma and Dutch is asked who he is he comes up with the "Aiden O'Mailey" alias who is one of Derrick's old drinking buddies.

Ok I'll stop now.:ph34r:

The funny thing is the robberies that Happen without Dutch(Valentine Bank, Stagecoaches) go well. Dutch just ruins everything. 

O.Z
5 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

The funny thing is the robberies that Happen without Dutch(Valentine Bank, Stagecoaches) go well. Dutch just ruins everything. 

Dutch is a liability... never ever was I thinking I am glad I'm part of this famous Van Der Linde gang, while playing the game. He is just a tosser. 

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, O.Z said:

Dutch is a liability... never ever was I thinking I am glad I'm part of this famous Van Der Linde gang, while playing the game. He is just a tosser. 

He has a tongue. But no brain. f*cking Bill is smarter. 

Cutter De Blanc
10 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

T R U S T   M E. 

"Relax."

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

"Relax."

N O I S E   A R T H U R. N O I S E. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Cutter De Blanc

I swear every time Dutch tells me to Relax, I think of this scene

Journey_95

They had a lot of bad luck as well tbh, considering how long the gang has existed they clearly had better times so some of those huge robberies must have worked. Starting with Blackwater things go downhill though.

It's more realistic like this anyway..GTA V type over the top heists where everything works out fine wouldn't fit here

TheSantader25
6 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

They had a lot of bad luck as well tbh, considering how long the gang has existed they clearly had better times so some of those huge robberies must have worked. Starting with Blackwater things go downhill though.

It's more realistic like this anyway..GTA V type over the top heists where everything works out fine wouldn't fit here

I don't think it's realistic to "forget" hostages and "actually planning an escape" unless the planner is mentally crippled. Even GTA V got  "planning the escape" right. They always talk about how to enter a place but they seem to forget they actually need a "way" to get out. They leave it to luck all the time as if law is basically non existent. It's beyond stupid. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Journey_95
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

I don't think it's realistic to "forget" hostages and "actually planning an escape" unless the planner is mentally crippled. Even GTA V got  "planning the escape" right. They always talk about how to enter a place but they seem to forget they actually need a "way" to get out. They leave it to luck all the time as if law is basically non existent. It's beyond stupid. 

They did have an escape planned but were suprised by the Pinkertons.   A hostage wouldn't mean much at that point, if Milton & co. weren't there the Saint Dennis robbery would have worked (still don't get if Micah was already a rat here or not).

And even then they had a lot of money..until their ship was wrecked and it was all lost. Like I said extra bad luck but Dutch is definitely too bold and his plans can be dumb (the two families sh*t in Chapter 3 for an example, of course they would notice). Saint Dennis wasn't even his call though, Hosea planned it. 

TheSantader25
9 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

They did have an escape planned but were suprised by the Pinkertons.   A hostage wouldn't mean much at that point, if Milton & co. weren't there the Saint Dennis robbery would have worked (still don't get if Micah was already a rat here or not).

And even then they had a lot of money..until their ship was wrecked and it was all lost. Like I said extra bad luck but Dutch is definitely too bold and his plans can be dumb (the two families sh*t in Chapter 3 for an example, of course they would notice). Saint Dennis wasn't even his call though, Hosea planned it. 

Hostages work. They threw like 5-6 guys in a room and completely forgot about them. Arthur saved John with ONE hostage. Pinkertons can't do anything if dutch used hostages in the middle of a big city in broad daylight. What escape plan? Walk out the door?

Get on horses and go? In the middle of a big town like Saint Denis? 

-Micah became a rat after Guarma. 

Edited by TheSantader25

DrDetroit

Another reason; they plan these while on the way to the heist.

Journey_95

c0k8icadu5121.png

Saw this on reddit..sums up RDR2's story well lol

Gray-Hand

Hostages probably would have worked if it was just the St Denis police they were dealing with, but not against the Pinkertons.  Milton made it clear that he wasn’t open to negotiation by summarily executing Hosea.

GTAgamerWyald
13 minutes ago, Gray-Hand said:

Hostages probably would have worked if it was just the St Denis police they were dealing with, but not against the Pinkertons.  Milton made it clear that he wasn’t open to negotiation by summarily executing Hosea.

Yep Dutch mentioned people were going to get killed and Milton didnt bat an eye, it's more of a risk and reward thing.

As far as Dutch's plans, the more cold he becomes and willing to sacrifice people, the more they work like the train and the oil plant robbery.

ThroatSlasher2

"We would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling pinkertons!"

- Dutch Van der Linde, 1899