1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ayesha

Will you use money glitches?

Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

OMG

The only reason you guys think the prices are high is because you want all items and want them all right now!!

lol just relax and play the damn game and you will earn enough to buy anything you want over time.

I will not spend a single penny on microtransactions. I'll just play until I have want I want.

Easy....

I need string and sticks, that's all. Fishing and a bow.

Costly and petty. Along with a forced playstyle I dislike. Adds much. In regards to my complaints, you're wrong dude. I'm bored of wasting hours doing sh*t I don't want to get a little of what I do.

Gallows
6 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Oh no, I used to be a bit abrasive I mean is all. But learned there's far more to this place and enjoyed rewarding experiences. 

Calling them cheats, true fact. No issue.

Calling other names, and lumping all cheat together when R* allows it in story. Wrong.

You should be really drunk to come to the conclusion that SP has anything to do with it. If anything the fact they did NOT include a cheat menu in multiplayer sort of highlights the buzz 😂

RayD70
5 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

OMG

The only reason you guys think the prices are high is because you want all items and want them all right now!!

lol just relax and play the damn game and you will earn enough to buy anything you want over time.

I will not spend a single penny on microtransactions. I'll just play until I have want I want.

Easy....

BS. When you have to grind for days just to buy a coat or a barrel for your gun, it's too much. And that's for guys who can put in some serious time. Folks who only get in a few hours a week? Enjoy that new gun in 2021.

Edited by RayD70

Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, Gallows said:

You should be really drunk to come to the conclusion that SP has anything to do with it. If anything the fact they did NOT include a cheat menu in multiplayer sort of highlights the buzz 😂

And you must be desperate to bait a playerbase on a fan forum. Stop being petty.

Smokewood
2 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

I think it is hilarious you think you could grind $1000 in a weekend.

Easily, sell 3 star pelts to the butcher all day and you'll have it.

3 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

BS. When you have to grind for days just to buy a coat or a barrel for your gun, it's too much. And that's for guys who can put in some serious time. Folks who only get in a few hours a week? Enjoy that new gun in 2021.

Money is VERY easy to make, you are doing it wrong.

Gallows
Just now, Lonely-Martin said:

And you must be desperate to bait a playerbase on a fan forum. Stop being petty.

It’s more like a put’n’take, any bait would get a bite. Indefensible morals must be defended vigourously 😂

RayD70
3 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Easily, sell 3 star pelts to the butcher all day and you'll have it.

Lol, yeah right.

Even if the pelts didn't disappear off your horse for no reason at all constantly, still not making that kind of money.

Edited by RayD70

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Gallows said:

It’s more like a put’n’take, any bait would get a bite. Indefensible morals must be defended vigourously 😂

Whatever, my life is worth more. Good luck calling others names man, fools errand. Trust me.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Damn autospell on this blower, lol.

Hatin Since 87
Just now, Gallows said:

Honest question... why the f*ck do you care? What does it hurt you if someone glitches money? It doesn’t take it away from your character. If you wanna suck rockstars nuts and pay for gold bars to upgrade a horse be my guest, but to run around trying to find people who glitches money? Wow. 

Just now, Lonely-Martin said:

Whatever, my life I'd worth more. Good luck calling others names man, fools errand. Trust me.

He’s the type of guy that used to tell the teacher on all the students who talked when she left the room. Pathetic 

Smokewood
Just now, RayD70 said:

Lol, yeah right.

Even if the pelts didn't disappear if your horse for no reason at all constantly, still got making that kind of money.

It's easy.

3 star pelts and 3 star carcasses bring in really good money.

I just used the started carbine and tracked down boars, wolves, and deer.

Once I got in my rhythm it was easy.

I wasted more time just hanging out with a crew member than actually trying to make cash. Tonight, however, I'm going to hit it hard and see what I can do in a few hours of concentrated "playing" not grinding.

What some of you call grinding, are just things I enjoy doing in game anyway. 

Gallows
1 minute ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

Honest question... why the f*ck do you care? What does it hurt you if someone glitches money? It doesn’t take it away from your character. If you wanna suck rockstars nuts and pay for gold bars to upgrade a horse be my guest, but to run around trying to find people who glitches money? Wow. 

He’s the type of guy that used to tell the teacher on all the students who talked when she left the room. Pathetic 

😂 I already explained. I’d not play poker with a petty thief even though petty theft isn’t such a big deal. I wouldn’t trust the guy to be honest. But yes I believe this kind of mentality is just an expression of dishonesty, weakness and Millenial Mollycoddling.

39 minutes ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

Nah, I'm not petty or a sore loser who thinks I'm entitled to some sh*t because of something someone else has done. I'm an adult and better than R*. Lowering yourself to their scumbag level, or lower, makes you no better.

If the game is that unbalanced I just won't play. I have better things I can do. That's called maturity. Something MANY gamers have none of, these days.

LOL, this is forum gold, people. :D

^

^ and that's sarcasm :D  

Edited by Guest

dieseltech20

Game is barely 1 day old and folks are already obsessing over money. Wow. 

As for the question asked. I doubt that I will. 

If the game is going to indeed be a huge grind fest I just won't play it. I spent A LOT of time grinding away in GTA and will not spend another 3 years doing it all over in a new version.

RayD70
2 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

It's easy.

3 star pelts and 3 star carcasses bring in really good money.

I just used the started carbine and tracked down boars, wolves, and deer.

Once I got in my rhythm it was easy.

I wasted more time just hanging out with a crew member than actually trying to make cash. Tonight, however, I'm going to hit it hard and see what I can do in a few hours of concentrated "playing" not grinding.

What some of you call grinding, are just things I enjoy doing in game anyway. 

That's all well and good, but as I said, I rarely get the pelts sold. By the time I get to town, they're gone. And no. I didn't die.

Hatin Since 87
1 minute ago, Gallows said:

😂 I already explained. I’d not play poker with a petty thief even though petty theft isn’t such a big deal. I wouldn’t trust the guy to be honest. But yes I believe this kind of mentality is just an expression of dishonesty, weakness and Millenial Mollycoddling.

Firstly. This isn’t poker. Your money isn’t on the table. It’s virtual money. So using that analogy makes you seem somewhat bias and grasping for straws. Secondly, again, why the f*ck do you care what I do with my game that I paid for? A glitch is not a cheat. It is a problem with the game mechanics that people use to their advantage. Hardly a cheat.

Keep grasping. EA would love to have someone like you. 

RayD70
1 minute ago, dieseltech20 said:

If the game is going to indeed be a huge grind fest I just won't play it. I spent A LOT of time grinding away in GTA and will not spend another 3 years doing it all over in a new version.

Errr,uhhh... that's kind of why they're obsessing.

dieseltech20

Oh and a certain forum has already  found a way to make money. When you delete your character and create a new one apparently the money you had transfers over. So folks are just replaying the tutorial over and over.

Sounds much more fun than just playing. 

2 minutes ago, dieseltech20 said:

If the grind is fun, I can bare with it. If the grind is tedious and I'd be searching for tips on how to kill myself during the grind, then I won't play either. 

Gallows
2 minutes ago, dieseltech20 said:

I really dislike buying ingame money for real money. It seems they are not taking this route with RDO - yet anyway. It takes time getting money. I’ll just play and get whatever money I can, buying what I can afford. If you don’t have fun, it’s a waste of time playing and the money you get is irrelevant. That’s just part of the whole hamster wheel setup of modern games from MMOs to CoD.

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, McGhee said:

LOL, this is forum gold, people. :D 

Always welcome. ;)

A topic like this though, with general assumptions and such. Inevitable, lol.

Just now, dieseltech20 said:

Oh and a certain forum has already  found a way to make money. When you delete your character and create a new one apparently the money you had transfers over. So folks are just replaying the tutorial over and over.

Sounds much more fun than just playing. 

It begins....

dieseltech20
Just now, McGhee said:

If the grind is fun, I can bare with it. If the grind is tedious and I'd be searching for tips on how to kill myself during the grind, then I won't play either. 

The grind can be fun but this 43 year old has invested an embarrassing amount of time into GTAO, lol. Not doing it again.

Gallows
2 minutes ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

Firstly. This isn’t poker. Your money isn’t on the table. It’s virtual money. So using that analogy makes you seem somewhat bias and grasping for straws. Secondly, again, why the f*ck do you care what I do with my game that I paid for? A glitch is not a cheat. It is a problem with the game mechanics that people use to their advantage. Hardly a cheat.

Keep grasping. EA would love to have someone like you. 

I spent money on this game to have fun. Playing with cheaters is not. Analogy is not 1:1 accurate, but if you don’t understand it, I can live with that.

I don’t trust cheaters to keep their cheating under control.

Just now, dieseltech20 said:

The grind can be fun but this 43 year old has invested an embarrassing amount of time into GTAO, lol. Not doing it again.

Well, this 50 year old has also invested time and money in GTAO, imo, the maybe $100 over 5 years, money well spent. If RDO is worth it, I may spend some real cash on it too, for supportive reasons. Who knows what brilliant game they'll create with my small contributions next? :D 

GN 92
16 minutes ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

The truth right there 

dieseltech20
1 minute ago, McGhee said:

Well, this 50 year old has also invested time and money in GTAO, imo, the maybe $100 over 5 years, money well spent. If RDO is worth it, I may spend some real cash on it too, for supportive reasons. Who knows what brilliant game they'll create with my small contributions next? :D 

Oh man, dont get me started on money spent on GTAO. I lost count of how many copies I have bought.

At one point 3 people in the house were playing. All with their own console and copy of the game. 2 of those were bought just because of GTAO.

Insanity.

Hatin Since 87
7 minutes ago, Gallows said:

I spent money on this game to have fun. Playing with cheaters is not. Analogy is not 1:1 accurate, but if you don’t understand it, I can live with that.

I don’t trust cheaters to keep their cheating under control.

And I don’t wanna play with people who can’t differentiate between cheating and glitching. 

I also spent money money to have fun. I’ll have fun with it how I choose, not how you say I should. It’s none of your business how I play my game. I’m not cheating. It’s a glitch. Something the company should have prevented. That’s like saying I’m a bad person if McDonald’s gives me extra fries in my bag and i eat them. 

Edited by Hatin Since 87

HockeyMike24

Honestly. I think I could deal with the crazy prices. I just want to be able to go hunting or fishing with a friend for a few in-game days and be undisturbed by a large posse killing anyone they can find.

Gallows
2 minutes ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

And I don’t wanna play with people who can’t differentiate between cheating and glitching. 

I also spent money money to have fun. I’ll have fun with it how I choose, not how you say I should. It’s none of your business how I play my game. I’m not cheating. It’s a glitch. Something the company should have prevented. That’s like saying I’m a bad person if McDonald’s gives me extra fries in my bag and i eat them. 

We are in perfect agreement in terms of who we want to play with. If all cheaters would play with each other I guess we wouldn’t have any issues.

DentureDynamite
7 hours ago, RayD70 said:

I'm against glitching on general principle, and I'm also paranoid about losing my progress or getting banned, so as tempting as it may be, I stay away.

Not this time. I'll hit every damned glitch I find out about and won't feel a single iota of guilt over it. And if they ban me, so be it. I won't miss the strong arm usury tactics they're resorting to here.

They're bringing it on themselves. R*, do you want people to abuse glitches? Because paying them $8-10 for a 15 minute mission, then charging them $50 to blow their nose is how you get people to abuse glitches.

Couldn't agree more. I can see Leslie Benzies laughing his a** off at Rockstar and the direction they're taking in their online games.

Leslie's quote from early on in GTAO's days made it clear that at least he (as opposed to Rockstar and the Houser brothel) believed that fun, quality gaming comes before profit, and naturally makes profit.

Maddened_Ghost
3 minutes ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

I was going to say this but I realized that trying to explain something like this to someone who thinks people in a game are the same in real life is pointless, so I didn't.