Money rebalancing needed

Horrid_Saiyam
31 minutes ago, anarquista_duval said:

Sadly, it's true.

Source: Eurogamer

WHAT THE f*ck????

mr quick
9 hours ago, Gray-Hand said:

Pretty obvious answer, I would have thought?

The system exists to provide rewards and to pacing to provide a satisfying playing experience.

And how much for that tin of beans that you keep complaining about? A few cents? 

Yeah, the premise of your argument is invalid.

Actually, I remembered wrong. The gold ring is worth less than a can of beans 😛 I could take the ring being worth less than one and a half dollars, but the beans being $1.50 is appalling - if you adjust for inflation, that's a can of beans costing $45 in 2018. 

RayD70

The price of virtually everything is greatly inflated (some to optimum assbag levels) over single player.

And yet the earning power of the player is vastly deflated ($70-250 pr mission in single, $5-11 in online).

You don't have to be a mathematician to understand people's ire here.

GN 92
12 hours ago, Gallows said:

Realism is irrelevant. We have permanent guns, respawn and don’t have to create a new character when we die. From a pure gameplay perspective I find the prices to be ok. I have already bought two new weapons.

You should seek professional help.

Lonely-Martin

Ok, so I logged in today after raging and bailing. Had 128 or so bucks then. Logged on today, got near 500 in there, lol.

That said, had that error code/crash twice in 20 mins and lost 4 pelts and 15 bucks. Today will be fun with the others joining too, lol.

4 minutes ago, GN 92 said:

I just found that hilarious as that dude's been harping on for realism all month, lol. Classic stuff!

Gallows
33 minutes ago, GN 92 said:

Don’t need it to help dull my pain of whining about not getting easy money in a video game.

Besides if you had all human mental faculties intact you’d have seen I was referring to prices and money earned, not a general statement about this or other games.

Keyboard ninja all you want, you’re about as relevant to me as the few flies I swat during summertime.

Edited by Gallows

GN 92

Okay then 

Gallows
9 minutes ago, GN 92 said:

Okay then 

Much better. All that petty forum grudge BS is just a stupid immature waste of time. We don’t have to agree and the world is a better place is we don’t.

On the topic at hand and unrelated to the above. I have bought the scofield, a lancaster, a bow and a bolt action. I have just over $100 now. I started playing tuesday, very late. That’s three days. When hunting keep your horse close, because if it has to respawn to get to you, the pelts are lost. Didn’t feel like a struggle earning for that and have even had time for hours of playing series.

Lonely-Martin
3 hours ago, mr quick said:

Actually, I remembered wrong. The gold ring is worth less than a can of beans 😛 I could take the ring being worth less than one and a half dollars, but the beans being $1.50 is appalling - if you adjust for inflation, that's a can of beans costing $45 in 2018. 

Lol, yeah. I can literally buy a tin for 50 pence right now IRL. 

#realism.

32 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Keyboard ninja all you want, you’re about as relevant to me as the few flies I swat during summertime.

Typical. Got nothing so resorts to calling folk keyboard whatevers.

Bit embarrassing for a well versed chap too, IMO.

Gallows
11 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Lol, yeah. I can literally buy a tin for 50 pence right now IRL. 

#realism.

Typical. Got nothing so resorts to calling folk keyboard whatevers.

Bit embarrassing for a well versed chap too, IMO.

Drivel fatigue is all it is. Lets not burden the boards with more stupid personal banter, that doesn’t even reach a minimum level of humorous value.

Lets just debate the matter at hand, and I’ll not whine or get triggered if your opinion is different from mine.

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Gallows said:

Drivel fatigue is all it is. Lets not burden the boards with more stupid personal banter, that doesn’t even reach a minimum level of humorous value.

Lets just debate the matter at hand, and I’ll not whine or get triggered if your opinion is different from mine.

I am finding much to be funny, but we all have our ways. I agree, some is too much, but likewise with the game, IMO.

I'll ignore you when you do look to tell folks all is well. Peace out.

Gallows
4 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I am finding much to be funny, but we all have our ways. I agree, some is too much, but likewise with the game, IMO.

I'll ignore you when you do look to tell folks all is well. Peace out.

Yes it’s true, fun is a rather subjective thing, which may be the reason we do not see the same issues in the game.

In my last post on this matter I presented my purchases/earnings over these three days and then I assume people to make up their own mind about it. Some people may enjoy that cash is hard to earn, but still like to find a good way to do so. Hunting is good.

What I want out of the game is not just the end goal, but also the journey to get there. I think easy money would feel out of place in RDO, which is why I find the current balance a good starting point. Cash was much too easy to get in single player and it took something away from the game for me when I suddenly did not have to worry about it any longer.

It’s not a matter of defending R* - I couldn’t care less about their feelings. I just prefer a balance in the ball park of what we have now to have that persistent “struggle” for money. I’d even enjoy it if the game was even survival based, but this is a good middle ground, where you never really lose anything you have achieved.

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Gallows said:

Yes it’s true, fun is a rather subjective thing, which may be the reason we do not see the same issues in the game.

In my last post on this matter I presented my purchases/earnings over these three days and then I assume people to make up their own mind about it. Some people may enjoy that cash is hard to earn, but still like to find a good way to do so. Hunting is good.

What I want out of the game is not just the end goal, but also the journey to get there. I think easy money would feel out of place in RDO, which is why I find the current balance a good starting point. Cash was much too easy to get in single player and it took something away from the game for me when I suddenly did not have to worry about it any longer.

It’s not a matter of defending R* - I couldn’t care less about their feelings. I just prefer a balance in the ball park of what we have now to have that persistent “struggle” for money. I’d even enjoy it if the game was even survival based, but this is a good middle ground, where you never really lose anything you have achieved.

And I feel many are explaining they also enjoy that progression. But it goes too far. Everyone has different tolerances and we each have our own lives, the balance is key. 

I feel this is worse than GTA. Each their own. Adios dude.

Gallows
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

And I feel many are explaining they also enjoy that progression. But it goes too far. Everyone has different tolerances and we each have our own lives, the balance is key. 

I feel this is worse than GTA. Each their own. Adios dude.

I think there wlll be more ways to make money in the future, and this is just the basics. If they intend on having property and not make it exclusively tied to micro transactions, I can see it will be a long journey to buy a saloon by skinning beavers.

Lonely-Martin
26 minutes ago, Gallows said:

I think there wlll be more ways to make money in the future, and this is just the basics. If they intend on having property and not make it exclusively tied to micro transactions, I can see it will be a long journey to buy a saloon by skinning beavers.

Of course. But we ain't playing then, we're here now and this is getting messy. They can promise me heists, but if lobbies stay as is, I'll never see them as I'd of sold the game, lol. 

For business to boom, they must be quicker and not just watch the sh*t show. They get nothing right now and if this era pisses too many off, shareholders will lose out.

Gallows
2 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Of course. But we ain't playing then, we're here now and this is getting messy. They can promise me heists, but if lobbies stay as is, I'll never see them as I'd of sold the game, lol. 

For business to boom, they must be quicker and not just watch the sh*t show. They get nothing right now and if this era pisses too many off, shareholders will lose out.

You may be right, but from a personal perspective as a gamer, I’m fine with waiting and accepting they slapped the BETA sticker on the game to justify it.

Played RDR1 for many years, and this game has the potential to fill that void. Since there are no other games I’m as interrested in playing as this, I’m patient. I don’t think RDO will have the same mass appeal as GTAO, but personally I did not like GTAO very much in terms of setting, weapons, vehicles and other core elements of gameplay.

No one knows. I hope you stick around and I hope we’re not disappointed, but only time will tell. Hopefully they manage to balance this time, so the game stays profittable.

Edited by Gallows

Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, Gallows said:

You may be right, but from a personal perspective as a gamer, I’m fine with waiting and accepting they slapped the BETA sticker on the game to justify it.

Almost like others aren't gamers for wanting to wait potentially months. Okie dokie.

Enjoy it man, hope those shares pick up. ;)

Gallows
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Almost like others aren't gamers for wanting to wait potentially months. Okie dokie.

Enjoy it man, hope those shares pick up. ;)

It was a personal opinion. Not almost like anything... I know - it’s not what I wrote, it’s how I wrote it 😂

They were part of the package, and they are doing fine 😁

But I do agree that months is most likely too long.

Dr.Rosenthal

R* should know, the more money you make the more you tend to spend.

There really would be no need for this blatant use of micro-transactions if you'd only have smart online gameplay and a functioning economy.

Seeing them prices and the gold prices on the side (in callcenter salesman-yellow) makes me want to throw up. It's like R* is my favorite person in the world (for making Red Dead 2 SP), and at the same time they're raping the devil himself in the underworld.

I don't know what to make of it, but like I said before; I sure as hell won't buy any fictional currency this time around. Maybe in a good while if I feel that they've earned it, but not at all as long as things are looking the way they're looking now...

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

SAS_Intruder

We need to loot 50 gold watches just to buy a bow. A bow! Let that sink in......

And there is no way I am ever  going to forgive them about the horses. I don't want to buy a horse, it is not even matter of money. Let me buy license to get my wild horse at least but I want to find him, break him, bond with him and only then that horse belongs truly to me. 

They can take their gold and shove it in their butts. This 8s is the last time I bought their game new, from now on, only used. At least my "gold" doesn't go to their greedy pockets.  

Marty Deuces
On 11/29/2018 at 9:00 PM, fejkb said:

These guys don't get it at all. They want REAL prices and REAL payouts in VIDEO GAME. Oh boy, I have to spend 1 dollar on food! Damn R* u greedy bastards, you want me to spend virtual currency on virtual item for virtual benefit and R* don't even earn that dollar! What a waste of money!

Being serious now. Main cores of the game:

- HUNTING - Hunt it, cook it. 0 dollars spent and you even earn money if you sell what's left. Pretty cool, right?

- KILLING AND LOOTING  - Body loot varies between 5c and 99c + extra items. Let's say you're unlucky and you went to clear out gang hideout. You can loot at least 15 bodies and items lying around. Even if you go with your buddies - do the math

- ROAMING - Open map, look for small rectangles out of towns. Go there, loot it, profit. You don't even have to shoot!

Anyway let's call someone stupid because he actually plays the game! 

So I’m going to join you in saying that I love the feeling of having to work for things - it makes it all that much sweeter when you buy that cool new gun or outfit.

However:

This game blows it way out of proportion. Believe me, I grind video games a lot. I normally have no problems with working hard and playing for hours. But this game provides absolutely no justifiable payouts. So let me get this straight... you go hunting, kill a group of animals (for perfect pelts, to make it worth anything), kill an outpost and loot everyone, and loot empty buildings in the outskirts of the map. Are you forgetting how long that takes? How about the monotonous horse riding that is required between each of those tasks? You are literally looking at HOURS just to pull in like 50 bucks or so.

Then, the other half of the argument comes in, where items are insanely expensive. Sure, the Mauser is 1,000 bucks and should require a lot of time. But ffs, that is literally ONE thing in the game. It would take almost the entire single-player story length of GRINDING with super boring tasks, just to get one thing. I’m sorry, but it takes some blind love of a company or a game to think that’s okay. I am definitely curious to see how you feel about the whole situation in a few weeks - you’ll have spent an unorthodox number of hours doing incredibly boring tasks, and you’ll get one gun. Which, to be honest, doesn’t make crap of a difference. Good aim will get anyone kills with the carbine. None of this brings in the argument of how repetitive and unmotivating the missions/rewards are.

For those who want to defend this insane economy of the game, by all means go for it. I personally feel like no one will be impressed seeing how much time you’re willing to waste doing this stuff to THAT kind of extent. I’m willing to grind and make a connection with a game, but once again this is just plain idiotic.

h1r0ll3r

Prices were an issue well before online came out. Same crap they did with GTAO and simply jack everything up so players would have to grind grind grind for even the most basic of items. Fishing rod and bow are level locked? $1K for a shotgun when the payouts are a paltry $1-$2? Feels really good to wreck an entire gang hideout and walk away with some moonshine and $1.57. 

fejkb
37 minutes ago, Marty Deuces said:

So I’m going to join you in saying that I love the feeling of having to work for things - it makes it all that much sweeter when you buy that cool new gun or outfit.

However:

This game blows it way out of proportion. Believe me, I grind video games a lot. I normally have no problems with working hard and playing for hours. But this game provides absolutely no justifiable payouts. So let me get this straight... you go hunting, kill a group of animals (for perfect pelts, to make it worth anything), kill an outpost and loot everyone, and loot empty buildings in the outskirts of the map. Are you forgetting how long that takes? How about the monotonous horse riding that is required between each of those tasks? You are literally looking at HOURS just to pull in like 50 bucks or so.

Then, the other half of the argument comes in, where items are insanely expensive. Sure, the Mauser is 1,000 bucks and should require a lot of time. But ffs, that is literally ONE thing in the game. It would take almost the entire single-player story length of GRINDING with super boring tasks, just to get one thing. I’m sorry, but it takes some blind love of a company or a game to think that’s okay. I am definitely curious to see how you feel about the whole situation in a few weeks - you’ll have spent an unorthodox number of hours doing incredibly boring tasks, and you’ll get one gun. Which, to be honest, doesn’t make crap of a difference. Good aim will get anyone kills with the carbine. None of this brings in the argument of how repetitive and unmotivating the missions/rewards are.

For those who want to defend this insane economy of the game, by all means go for it. I personally feel like no one will be impressed seeing how much time you’re willing to waste doing this stuff to THAT kind of extent. I’m willing to grind and make a connection with a game, but once again this is just plain idiotic.

1. You say, you grind games and you complain about it taking time - lold at this. I make 50 bucks in 1hr while having my game crash 4 times and taking break. Literally HOURS of gameplay required to earn for a can of beans! That only shows you’re mindlessly grinding games and expect numbers instead of actually enjoying what you do.

2. Oh boy, again Mauser... Do you even think sometimes? You know you’re complaining about not earning money faster, while I already spent 600$ and have 400$ on me in few days, yet I’m at 15 or 16 lvl? Do you even know what you all fools are missing and why everyone who understand this game economy finds such posts funny? You’ll get multiple thousands of dollars before you even reach that lvl. You should be complaining in „XP needs rebalancing” /s (that would break early game and it would be pointless to even implement level system).

3. Repetitive missions in online video games. Point any online game that’s not repetitive. You won’t. Because it’s just code, not real life with unpredictable situations. Now point any game that has so big map filled with multiple things to do AND it’s just first couple days of beta, so many things didn’t make it to online yet.

To sum it up you complain about this game taking too much time. I did’t see any gamer complain about having to play a game to progress and let me point it out here - it’s not f*cking hard at all. You all just keep crying about video game economy not being realistic. Because relism is SO FUN. That’s why people play video games?

19 minutes ago, h1r0ll3r said:

Prices were an issue well before online came out. Same crap they did with GTAO and simply jack everything up so players would have to grind grind grind for even the most basic of items. Fishing rod and bow are level locked? $1K for a shotgun when the payouts are a paltry $1-$2? Feels really good to wreck an entire gang hideout and walk away with some moonshine and $1.57. 

You know you get treasure map for hitting 10th lvl and every 5lvl after AND you have some chance to find it after wiping out gang hideout? That’s 100$ right there. Why fishing rod is locked behind lvl? So you can feel that early game struggle. You lvl up - you earn more. When I go fishing I get ~50$ for 15 minutes when I’m unlucky. Same thing with hunting. You complain instead of finding your way to score some $

Btw it’s not like GTAO where you grind same missions. You earn money by „living” in this world. It’s all about free roam. That’s why you earn more money from doing story missions only once.

Edited by fejkb

zzmorg82
21 hours ago, anarquista_duval said:

Sadly, it's true.

Source: Eurogamer

zJUmUkq.gif

Oldsport

rockstar has a plan, theyre just trying to get some money so that they can move to tahiti. 

Marty Deuces
9 minutes ago, fejkb said:

1. You say, you grind games and you complain about it taking time - lold at this. I make 50 bucks in 1hr while having my game crash 4 times and taking break. Literally HOURS of gameplay required to earn for a can of beans! That only shows you’re mindlessly grinding games and expect numbers instead of actually enjoying what you do.

2. Oh boy, again Mauser... Do you even think sometimes? You know you’re complaining about not earning money faster, while I already spent 600$ and have 400$ on me in few days, yet I’m at 15 or 16 lvl? Do you even know what you all fools are missing and why everyone who understand this game economy finds such posts funny? You’ll get multiple thousands of dollars before you even reach that lvl. You should be complaining in „XP needs rebalancing” /s (that would break early game and it would be pointless to even implement level system).

3. Repetitive missions in online video games. Point any online game that’s not repetitive. You won’t. Because it’s just code, not real life with unpredictable situations. Now point any game that has so big map filled with multiple things to do AND it’s just first couple days of beta, so many things didn’t make it to online yet.

To sum it up you complain about this game taking too much time. I did’t see any gamer complain about having to play a game to progress and let me point it out here - it’s not f*cking hard at all. You all just keep crying about video game economy not being realistic. Because relism is SO FUN. That’s why people play video games?

You know you get treasure map for hitting 10th lvl and every 5lvl after AND you have some chance to find it after wiping out gang hideout? That’s 100$ right there. Why fishing rod is locked behind lvl? So you can feel that early game struggle. You lvl up - you earn more. When I go fishing I get ~50$ for 15 minutes when I’m unlucky. Same thing with hunting. You complain instead of finding your way to score some $

Grinding and monotony have limits, friend. I was more justifying that I have the willpower to grind in games that deserve it and make it seem rewarding.

I also 100% agree that grinding isn’t drab and repetitive if you’re enjoying it. However, that further proves my point - this game isn’t fun where it stands. The activities you mentioned... you seriously believe that will last you more than a week or two? If it will, that’s totally fine and respectable. It’s a person-to-person basis. I’m not arguing against the entire merit of the multiplayer, as I know that there is amazing potential. But where the game stands, the opportunities to make money are dry, boring, and underwhelming in the reward they provide. I, as well as a lot of others, can’t have fun doing these things if I make minimal progress towards my goals.

As for weapons, ignore the Mauser argument then. You’re using it as a misguided point. Let’s use the Rolling Block Rifle as an example. It’s the only long scope rifle that you can get earlier on at level 13, which you need for certain pelts. It’s like 785 dollars. That is seriously just as crazy to me.

You mention having “so much money” at higher levels... but with where the game is at, how do you see that? There’s no extreme money makers as you level up. It’s the same activities and the same grinding from start to finish. Sure, you’ll have that much money by the time you’re at the level, but only because you played the story missions about 1,000 times over, and racked in the sweet 5 bucks per.

Lastly, for the love of god, stop chalking up “repetition” as the norm for video games. It’s a cop out. There are ways to implement grinding and forms of repetition, but while making it diverse and somewhat variable. It also goes hand-in-hand with this game needing to have more of a rewarding feeling for leveling up and making money at all.

In the end, it’s a futile argument. There are going to be people like you that find this enjoyable and okay. But from what I can tell on here (and from my brothers and 4 friends I play with) there are lots of people on the other side of the argument that are already getting turned off by the game. Objectively, not many people in this world will want to grind the same 6 dollar reward over and over (while being milked of money by the game), to eventually get one rewarding feeling. Especially when there are gold bar micro transactions that will come soon, making any grind seem pointless when a 12 year old bought it with their parents’ credit card.

Gallows
5 hours ago, Marty Deuces said:

Grinding and monotony have limits, friend. I was more justifying that I have the willpower to grind in games that deserve it and make it seem rewarding.

I also 100% agree that grinding isn’t drab and repetitive if you’re enjoying it. However, that further proves my point - this game isn’t fun where it stands. The activities you mentioned... you seriously believe that will last you more than a week or two? If it will, that’s totally fine and respectable. It’s a person-to-person basis. I’m not arguing against the entire merit of the multiplayer, as I know that there is amazing potential. But where the game stands, the opportunities to make money are dry, boring, and underwhelming in the reward they provide. I, as well as a lot of others, can’t have fun doing these things if I make minimal progress towards my goals.

As for weapons, ignore the Mauser argument then. You’re using it as a misguided point. Let’s use the Rolling Block Rifle as an example. It’s the only long scope rifle that you can get earlier on at level 13, which you need for certain pelts. It’s like 785 dollars. That is seriously just as crazy to me.

You mention having “so much money” at higher levels... but with where the game is at, how do you see that? There’s no extreme money makers as you level up. It’s the same activities and the same grinding from start to finish. Sure, you’ll have that much money by the time you’re at the level, but only because you played the story missions about 1,000 times over, and racked in the sweet 5 bucks per.

Lastly, for the love of god, stop chalking up “repetition” as the norm for video games. It’s a cop out. There are ways to implement grinding and forms of repetition, but while making it diverse and somewhat variable. It also goes hand-in-hand with this game needing to have more of a rewarding feeling for leveling up and making money at all.

In the end, it’s a futile argument. There are going to be people like you that find this enjoyable and okay. But from what I can tell on here (and from my brothers and 4 friends I play with) there are lots of people on the other side of the argument that are already getting turned off by the game. Objectively, not many people in this world will want to grind the same 6 dollar reward over and over (while being milked of money by the game), to eventually get one rewarding feeling. Especially when there are gold bar micro transactions that will come soon, making any grind seem pointless when a 12 year old bought it with their parents’ credit card.

I’m level 19 and have earned about $1600 and 4 gold bars. With hunting you can earn about $100 per hour. You could get that Rolling block rifle at level 13 if you wanted, but would miss out on other weapons. I think it is great that you have to make a genuine descision about what you want to buy, instead of being able to buy all weapons at your level. 

Missions and series need a boost in terms of money, but they should not be on the level of hunting as they give a lot more exp than hunting does. But perhaps $50-70 Per hour.

I do understand the frustration, because we’re used to games just giving us everything, like you just get the money to buy what you need without putting much thought or effort into it - just by playing any way you want. I like that this game os different. 

Some balancing is needed between the activities, but I certainly hope they do not balance it to the extent some people, including the “professional” revievers suggest.

Currently even ammo requires money and just shooting up every town is going to be expensive in the long run - I love that. If they do rebalance, I would like to see the prices of ammo and other consumables having their prices increased as well.

When I look at my journey to, Lets say just level 50, I do not see any struggle for money. I’l get at least $2500 from treasure chests alone, and perhaps more of their reward increase. Getting to level 50, will give me a lot of money on top of that from hunting, maybe in the ball park of $5.000 at least. Getting to level 50 will take quite some time, which is also fine. I don’t know but maybe a month of gameplay? With those $7.500 at level 50, I’ll be able to buy most of what I want - but not everything. I’ll still have to decide what not to get.

Lets say you want $5.000 from hunting in that month. That’s about one hour and 40 minutes of hunting every day on average. I don’t think that’s unreasonable. If you grind and Hunt three hours every day, you’d get close to $10.000 during that month. Others will be able to get much more if they want.

I don’t think that balance is unreasonable. Being able to buy most of the guns you want during the first week would suck. Not having to worry about ammo prices would suck. I like the current system, not because of love for R*, but because of how it balances gameplay.

Edited by Gallows

Callahan44

I dont know...jobs pay like almost nothing,hunting is good perhaps but boring as f*ck. I liked hunting in sp when i did it for special outfits or challenge. But just shooting everything you see? Boring. Just like all the stuff u can buy atm. 

I hope everything we see is just a placeholder...in gta you got more tshirts then items you can buy in total in red dead,it needs new content,and a lot of it.

TG_Stig

My bet is that R* makes the grind unrealistically bad in the beta so that when they tune the grind back to the level of GTAO people would think it's acceptable and they listen to us.

RayD70
5 minutes ago, TG_Stig said:

My bet is that R* makes the grind unrealistically bad in the beta so that when they tune the grind back to the level of GTAO people would think it's acceptable and they listen to us.

I know you're being sarcastic here, but I would actually be fine with that.

Money or the grind was never a problem for me in GTA:O. And there was tons of different ways to make it so that you didn't have to feel like you were grinding.