1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Primal-J

Money rebalancing needed

MatthewH
11 minutes ago, Oldsport said:

where do we sell game meat?

You can sell meat to the butcher. It's the cleaver icon on the map.

Primal-J
23 minutes ago, Oldsport said:

where do we sell game meat?

To a butcher, they can be found in. Valentine, Strawberry, Blackwater, Saint Denis and some other places etc... They will be marked on your map with a knife icon. I'm not sure if you can sell cooked meat. 

lennymuhboi
Just now, Primal-J said:

To a butcher, they can be found in. Valentine, Strawberry, Blackwater, Saint Denis and some other places etc... They will be marked on your map with a knife icon. I'm not sure if you can sell cooked meat. 

You can't. On a side note at first I was upset over the payouts then my friend reminded me we will be playing for years. 

Then I breathed.

Primal-J
Just now, lennymuhboi said:

You can't. On a side note at first I was upset over the payouts then my friend reminded me we will be playing for years. 

Then I breathed.

You can't sell meat? I was unaware of this. You can however sell animal parts and carcasses from hunting, for a worthless price. 

The payouts are managable if you don't care about free roam and don't mind being forced to play a certain way, but if you were hoping to do some hunting and fishing, you have to be prepared to lose some money periodically, and the payouts in this game are very small. Like you will earn around $5 from an activity and lose $9 every day/night cycle with the smallest camp and just 1 stable. They wouldn't even be that bad if there wasn't a money draining system because eventually people would be able to save up and get stuff if they save up. But it looks like the property scam from GTA:Online is present in online mode.  

But in its current iteration, you could spend a day hunting and you will lose more money to utility costs than you will make from selling animal parts and hide/fur or even perfect carcasses since day/night cycles are extremely fast in this game, sunset lasts like 15-30 seconds, not joking.

Days last around 30 minutes, sometimes a little longer around 40 minutes, so in a 2 hour session, you will have lost approximately about $36 to utility. Which is the equivalent of doing around 7 or 8 missions. 

I can also see this game being slightly pay to win due to the ability to buy very expensive and very strong weapons with real life money that would take weeks if not months to earn in-game. 

Oldsport
57 minutes ago, MatthewH said:

You can sell meat to the butcher. It's the cleaver icon on the map.

thanks, you can actually. i just ran into a bug where the butcher wouldnt buy anything from me but i came back to town and he bought everything

IamCourtney
9 hours ago, Gallows said:

I know from a micro transaction perspective it may feel like BS. From a pure gameplay perspective however I really like the struggle, that it will be hard to become rich.

This is the quandary I often find myself in... I don't like the idea of game experiences being tilted toward funneling players into microtransactions, but at the same time, even in singleplayer games, I often end up modding and/or imposing limitations on myself if progress isn't challenging. I enjoy the struggle but not necessarily the circumstances that bring it about.

I guess I'll judge things for myself once I get online this evening.

TyrionV

I’ve got a horse and a gun and bought some ammo. Sorted. 

Not really found a need for more cash yet so I’m just playing the game how I want.

I don’t want to own everything the game has to offer by Christmas though so am glad that a lot of things are level locked and expensive. 

My fav time in GTA was working towards getting something. Once I could buy whatever I wanted the shine kinda came off.

1 hour ago, lennymuhboi said:

Then I breathed.

Exactly this.

Folk are complaining cause they can’t own everything within the first few hours of release. Crazy!!

If this gives me as much game time as GTAO I’ll be playing for years to come, plenty time to get what I want. 

concolt

I like how they pay us for jobs that fit the time but want to charge more for guns then they cost in 2018.

P.T.

i do not get why people are trying to defend them simply saying " its in beta guys relax" .....

News flash , the price of things is not in beta , i got news for you naive people . Game companies spend alot of money disecting price points on things well before the launch of a game. No doubt they used data from GTA V Oline as their data. Thanks to the millions who bought the shark cards, they think this practice is acceptable ( and clearly to some it is ) . This is not something they will adjust much. They "may" at most lower costs a tad or give you alittle more for things, but its not going to be enough to make a real difference. This was done intentionally and sadly is here to stay. 

My advice is , if you dont like this practice, refuse ( no matter what) to buy any gold bars with real money. Its the only way to try to fight this. They are not going to fix this , its exactly how they want it.

As much as ive really loved the single player RDR2, as much as i looked forward to online ( hoping they would not do us this way) , coming out the gate on us like this sends a clearl message to me and its one that saddens me quite a bit. I wont be playing this game near as much as i had thought if its going to be this way. I have a life and dont have 8 -10 hours a day to grind just to get 1 bar that i cant buy anything hardly with. Its outrageous pricing and has already started killing my excitement to play online now. Thanks greedy housers.

HockeyMike24

I got $10 for a perfect buck carcass. Pretty good for this games standards. I almost got another one, until my hunting trip was cut short by a friendly bunch that killed me repeatedly until I left the session. 

TyrionV

Missions paying out more today than yesterday, probably to stop some folk earning loads before everyone has access. 

I’d imagine by Friday that we will see the real payouts for completing missions etc. 

Yesterday i I made around $50 in 6 hours. Today so far I’m at $500 roughly. 

fejkb

You guys should consider reading guides or watching tutorials if you think money needs rebalancing. I’m not gonna say I can buy whatever I want at any time, but I set goals for myself and I reach them pretty easly, even while spending extra 100$ on clothes or 100$ on second horse box.

Hatin Since 87
2 minutes ago, fejkb said:

You guys should consider reading guides or watching tutorials if you think money needs rebalancing. I’m not gonna say I can buy whatever I want at any time, but I set goals for myself and I reach them pretty easly, even while spending extra 100$ on clothes or 100$ on second horse box.

Are you talking about online? Cause earning $4 a mission, to get $100 is 25 missions. That doesn’t seem quite right to me. ( and that’s not including the daily stable fees and camp fee )

fejkb
3 minutes ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

Are you talking about online? Cause earning $4 a mission, to get $100 is 25 missions. That doesn’t seem quite right to me. ( and that’s not including the daily stable fees and camp fee )

Did you do story missions? Have you tried hunting? Looting dead bodies? Selling items you found and don’t use? Collecting herbs and stuff? I earn 30-40$ when I’m lazy hunter riding to next town. It’s really not that hard to earn some money

Hatin Since 87
Just now, fejkb said:

Did you do story missions? Have you tried hunting? Looting dead bodies? Selling items you found and don’t use? Collecting herbs and stuff? I earn 30-40$ when I’m lazy hunter riding to next town. It’s really not that hard to earn some money

LOL. Yes, I’ve done all of those. Looting dead bodies generally gets you 5 cents to 15 cents. Can’t even get a full dollar doing the gang locations. 

Nutduster
5 hours ago, P.T. said:

My advice is , if you dont like this practice, refuse ( no matter what) to buy any gold bars with real money. Its the only way to try to fight this. They are not going to fix this , its exactly how they want it.

As much as ive really loved the single player RDR2, as much as i looked forward to online ( hoping they would not do us this way) , coming out the gate on us like this sends a clearl message to me and its one that saddens me quite a bit. I wont be playing this game near as much as i had thought if its going to be this way. I have a life and dont have 8 -10 hours a day to grind just to get 1 bar that i cant buy anything hardly with. Its outrageous pricing and has already started killing my excitement to play online now. Thanks greedy housers.

Agree with the bold part, though frankly I am just as likely to refuse to even play as to play without buying microtransactions.  This stuff is insidious and creeps down into the gameplay severely whether you buy the dumb cards or not.  GTA Online is overrun with it - even if you dupe cars for 100% of your money, just try playing all the playable content and not occasionally going nuts from either having to travel from one end of the map to the other and back regularly, or from them inviting other players to hassle you at every opportunity.  The insanely jacked-up aimbotting AI in the Doomsday Heists is another example, where what was good for gameplay was one thing but what was good for selling shark cards was something else; nothing in GTA V single player or RDR2 was remotely as obnoxious as that.

Regarding the last remark, I think there's a high likelihood that this is driven as much or more by Take Two as by the Housers.  They have a lengthy history of caring most about writing their games - they ushered in the movie-influenced narratives in the 3D era, pushed things to new heights in the HD era, and Benzies's infamous lawsuit all but says that they didn't care about GTA Online and were more interested in writing another single player story.  This game feels much the same to me, as if they went all out on a massive, epic single player story and gave somebody else carte blanche to do whatever Take Two wanted with Online, so long as it makes them money.  In the end I suppose it doesn't really matter though.  Whoever is primarily at fault, they are all at least letting it happen, and we suffer for it regardless. 

Edited by Nutduster

fejkb
1 hour ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

LOL. Yes, I’ve done all of those. Looting dead bodies generally gets you 5 cents to 15 cents. Can’t even get a full dollar doing the gang locations. 

Actually idk. I get from 5cents up to 1$ + consumables I use/sell. Started today and just turned off my console after buying Schofield Revolver. Total money spent in stores ~800$.

Edit:

Just came up with a great tip.

I never go back to any town without at least 10 hunted animals. I try to get 3 perfect bodies and as much skins and feathers I can. Usually I don’t go for any flowers etc, but if I skin my trophies I use eagle vision (idk how it’s called in english) to look around if there is any. It’s 30-50$ depending on quality and rarity. I highly recommend buying that 74$ hunting rifle to shoot birds, rabbits and stuff. Then you buy bow and start focusing on medium sized animals. After that you have Lanchester Rifle (something called like that) so you can go for bigger ones. At the end you buy some powerful hunting rifle with scope and you go for legendary animals (idk if they are in RDO). That’s basically my money plan from RDR1 and RDR2.

Btw if you’re dishonorable you might have higher prices in stores.

Edited by fejkb
added tips

SAS_Intruder

Someone who decided to spend real money in order to get everything or to grind for everything  might be better off with spending time/money by working extra hours, and investing in real ranch or cowboy shooting.   :D

K0ol-G-R4P

GTA Online shark card idiots are entirely to blame for this.

We need to make a stand with RDR2. If we stick together and says f*ck your grind fest I guarantee you in-game prices will come down.

T2 won't risk losing the user base.

GN 92
1 minute ago, K0ol-G-R4P said:

GTA Online shark card idiots are entirely to blame for this.

We need to make a stand with RDR2. If we stick together and says f*ck your grind fest I guarantee you in-game prices will come down.

T2 won't risk losing the user base.

Unfortunately we, the GTAF community, are small compared to worldwide players of this game. We wouldn’t even scratch the surface of it.

D9fred95

No, no no no no NO! I AM NOT playing RDR2 multiplayer with this garbage. Screw this.

K0ol-G-R4P
7 minutes ago, GN 92 said:

Unfortunately we, the GTAF community, are small compared to worldwide players of this game. We wouldn’t even scratch the surface of it.

You are partly correct here.

T2s RDR Online revenue is 100% dependent on the user base.

Because of that dependency they don't want to lose users no matter how small the numbers are because that blip will bee seen on the bottom dollar report their stock holders get.

If we bail and spread the word onto other forums or in-game lobbies I guarantee you prices will come down.

Edited by K0ol-G-R4P

Lonely-Martin

I'm just awaiting Tuesday's newswire..

2x cash from looting dead bodies.

C'mon R*, don't leave me hanging. I need that 34 cents. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling.

krazyleroy

people,... relax.

my first 10 hours in GTA in 2015 made me enough money to buy exactly zero things worth buying -- except for ammo

it's unreasonable to expect an ever-flowing fountain of in-game currency to buy anything you want (or anything at all) in the first 2 days of beta

my first hours of online RDR are just as they should be,.... frustrated, broke,... feeling like an outlaw that was just broke out of a prison chain gang

Dr.Rosenthal

Yes. Yes, the in-game prices need rebalancing (or the pay, potato tomato). I gotta read up on where to make money, and no I’m not interested in glitches..

Played one of those ”Showdowns”. Played a match for maybe 10 mins, got 5 dollars. That means I only gotta play 200 more and then I can buy the Mauser pistol. Yay! And that’s not taking into consideration all the other stuff that goes for hundreds of dollars.

In a way though, I like it that a lot of stuff seems to be behind rankwalls. But so far, the best paying thing seems to be hunting, and I don’t mean hunting, but rather ”kill everything you see as fast as you can, stuff as much as you can and then sell”. I made as much as 16 dollars from that and it took me 30 minutes, but I could have done more, faster.

Me and the crew did a Story mission which gave us $4 each(!). Payed for replacing the ammo and health lost.

I refuse to grind.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

fejkb
11 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Yes. Yes, the in-game prices need rebalancing (or the pay, potato tomato). I gotta read up on where to make money, and no I’m not interested in glitches..

Played one of those ”Showdowns”. Played a match for maybe 10 mins, got 5 dollars. That means I only gotta play 200 more and then I can buy the Mauser pistol. Yay! And that’s not taking into consideration all the other stuff that goes for hundreds of dollars.

In a way though, I like it that a lot of stuff seems to be behind rankwalls. But so far, the best paying thing seems to be hunting, and I don’t mean hunting, but rather ”kill everything you see as fast as you can, stuff as much as you can and then sell. I made as much as 16 dollars from that and it took me 30 minutes, but I could have done more, faster.

Me and the crew did a Story mission which gave us $4 each(!). Payed for replacing the ammo and health lost.

I refuse to grind.

1. You play modes for fun and to get gold (premium currency) used mostly for cosmetics.

2. Two days after release of beta and you want endgame pistol after playing 10 matches and maybe not even for having good score.

3. Learn how to hunt. I get 16 dollars for 1 perfect animal.

4. Wow, you did first story quest and you're surprised you didn't get 1000$. 

5. You pay for ammo you can get in free roam for free. Gang hideouts, dead bodies, abandoned houses and more...

6. You also pay to get health. So hard to do same thing as ammo and it's too hard for you to hunt down 1 small animal and find any campfire to cook it. So hard and grindy.

I guess you also cry about not having money after using quick travel all the time?

jhall181
23 minutes ago, fejkb said:

1. You play modes for fun and to get gold (premium currency) used mostly for cosmetics.

2. Two days after release of beta and you want endgame pistol after playing 10 matches and maybe not even for having good score.

3. Learn how to hunt. I get 16 dollars for 1 perfect animal.

4. Wow, you did first story quest and you're surprised you didn't get 1000$. 

5. You pay for ammo you can get in free roam for free. Gang hideouts, dead bodies, abandoned houses and more...

6. You also pay to get health. So hard to do same thing as ammo and it's too hard for you to hunt down 1 small animal and find any campfire to cook it. So hard and grindy.

I guess you also cry about not having money after using quick travel all the time?

Hey, you may want to stop typing and get back to sucking rockstar off.

i don’t think you have there **** all the way down your throat yet.

Edited by jhall181

Gray-Hand

These games are always the most fun in the early stages where you have to scrounge for money and make considered choices about what you spend your money on.

I had more fun in GTAonline in the first month or so when robbing a store made a noticeable difference to my bank account, and I had to decide whether to spend my thousands of dollars on upgrading guns or my car.

These days, a new update drops and I can buy anything I want, fully upgraded instantly.  It doesn’t feel anywhere near as rewarding.

jhall181

I was just playing, and I found out it cost $200 just to start a persistent posse that gets saved between sessions. If you don’t pay $200 your posse is only temporary it is gone when you leave the session and none of your stats are saved and you don’t get the full range of settings.

$200 for a f***ing core game mechanic.

I am tired of this greedy bs, and I’m tired of the morons that defend it.

wake up.