1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Happy Hunter

Red Dead Online Praise Thread

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

I'm glad they added the Nocodoches Saddle, and allowed my online character's Reverse Dapple Roan Nokota to run like John Marston's can in story mode. No more default speed for all the horses.

What's the stamina drain like? I've held off buying a Nocogdoches saddle because I'd rather have the almost unlimited stamina from a special saddle than the extra speed, but if it allows me to still go long distances without my horse tiring I'll probably get one.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Mad-Monkey_1st
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

What's the stamina drain like? I've held off buying a Nocogdoches saddle because I'd rather have the almost unlimited stamina from a special saddle than the extra speed, but if it allows me to still go long distances without my horse tiring I'll probably get one.

Add the most expensive stirrups and the Nocato's stamina (which is less to start with) lasts longer than my Trotters and Arabian with ther super special rattlesnake and Puma saddles BUT this new saddle cost me nearly $800 If my memory is correct it was around $300 for saddle then colour change was a few more dollars apr $250 then somewhere around another $300 for the stirrup upgrade but IMO worth it as dollar is easy enough to earn 

Nocato with Nocogdoches saddle is now my go to for hard and fast running AND it also up the specs on all horses by 1 bar taking the Nocato from 9 speed and 7 acc to 10 speed and 8 acc example Trotter is now 10 and 8 Arabian 9 and 9 

Red Lynx 23
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

With the Hooded Stirrups equipped.

ALifeOfMisery

Thanks @Mad-Monkey_1st & @Red Lynx 23.

Guess I'll be picking one up for my Amber MFT. RIP my saved cash.

Mad-Monkey_1st
14 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Thanks @Mad-Monkey_1st & @Red Lynx 23.

Guess I'll be picking one up for my Amber MFT. RIP my saved cash.

Yes I’m looking at replacing the Puma with another one for Trotter the blue ish one does look nice on the dapple Trotter 

Assblaster
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Master Tyrus said:

I thought they only nerfed the story mode. It does look a lot more vibrant I must say. Just got on now and all the animal spawns are back. Take it the exploiters are free to crack on with their 80k though. I feel a mug for not taking advantage but I'll be all over the next one as there's no consequence. 

They upgraded the online mode, and it makes a huge difference with the PS Pro and a good TV. 

"Quality improvements and performance optimizations have been made to ambient occlusion in order to match the on-disc version of the game (1.00). Lighting changes were originally made in the Day One Patch (1.02) to prevent framerate issues." (RDR2 Title Update Notes 1.09)

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360022898254/RDR2-Title-Update-1-09-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One?_ga=2.49099426.503396619.1558361687-1363326375.1558361687

Edited by Assblaster

Happy Hunter

RyuNova
Posted (edited)

I don't know why but the gunplay in Online is fantastic. I think its the lack of rapid fire long range weapons that make everything else redundant, you actually need to switch weapons for the situation. Assult Rifles and Machine Guns made gunplay in GTAO boring.

It just feels so weighty and heavy, I love Dual Wielding Revolvers and taking out Bandits.

@Happy Hunter

im-about-to-end.jpg

Edited by RyuNova

The Deadite

I complain and whine about this game way too much, it pisses me off and embarrases me in front of my friends all  the time, the RDR2 gameplay is not a great base for an online game (its clunky and sometimes faulty)... but i'd be lying if i said this is not my most played PS4 game. I'm always dragged back to it despite its many flaws because i think that with more content, polishing and a good direction, the game can be truly fun.

So yeah, i really like the game and this update is a step in the right direction.

Dr.Rosenthal
On 5/21/2019 at 10:41 AM, RyuNova said:

I don't know why but the gunplay in Online is fantastic. I think its the lack of rapid fire long range weapons that make everything else redundant, you actually need to switch weapons for the situation. Assult Rifles and Machine Guns made gunplay in GTAO boring.

It just feels so weighty and heavy, I love Dual Wielding Revolvers and taking out Bandits.

Oh, yes. When you clear out bandits or are doing a mission and it all comes together, the gunplay is nothing short of fantastic. It's just a world of difference compared to the shallow and arcade-like feel of GTAO.

RyuNova
Just now, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Oh, yes. When you clear out bandits or are doing a mission and it all comes together, the gunplay is nothing short of fantastic. It's just a world of difference compared to the shallow and arcade-like feel of GTAO.

Yep, GTAO feels floaty and arcady. The fact that you can only carry two heavy weapons and two side arms makes it tactical as well. Do I take my long range rifle and a shotgun or do I take my rapid rifle and a bow? Will I need stealth? Etc.

Chrismads

I suck at last stand, but I LOVE IT!

Quality game mode. Best play it as much as possible before it ends up in the random pile of sh*t that is Showdown

Leftover Pizza

By Jove! They've finally fixed custom outfits saving to my horse storage! 

Pumpkin Zone

It looks like they may have somehow fixed the stubble finally, I noticed today when going to the barber a star in facial hair and behold stubble was there and purchasable. These tunable patches are actually working, suprisingly. (if thats what they are)

Danish Crusader

So, my character was suffering from an Age bug that kept coming and going at random, and I got really tired of it and deleted my character and started a new one.

The support ticket I had filed to try and get it fixed didn't help, as the guy wasn't able to fix it due it just not being a thing they can do.

So instead, when I informed him what I had done and was prepared to start over, but, because of the proof I had submitted of the bug, he just threw 160 gold in my face for the inconvinience I had to go through.

Nice guy! Thanks Support guy who I shall not name because I don't want you to get spammed with messages 😃

Still a little sad about having to do all of my commendations again... But that means I get to go Dynamite fishing again! WOO!

Leftover Pizza
On 5/23/2019 at 6:41 PM, Leftover Pizza said:

By Jove! They've finally fixed custom outfits saving to my horse storage! 

Lesson in life: Never cheer too early....., it was nice as long as it lasted, though....

The Deadite

One thing i love to do is to fistfight on roofs/hill areas, tackling friends off high places is great bants.

Happy Hunter

I had my first death while defensive (from other players I mean). Was crafting at a fire in Valentine - got shot with a shotgun.

Was a group of three. Thanks to defensive mode meaning I can't be painted with paint it black though, and auto aim being disabled, I was able to really go at them with my rolling block sniper. That thing's much better in free mode if you're defensive.

In the older days not so much - three people, someone would get close enough to auto aim, or paint you with an explosive bullet or arrow.

Lexiture

I'm having a blast, I wanted to play a lot of games this summer but I don't think I will since the gameplay loop of this game is so fun.

Happy Hunter
On 5/25/2019 at 10:16 PM, Happy Hunter said:

I had my first death while defensive (from other players I mean). Was crafting at a fire in Valentine - got shot with a shotgun.

Was a group of three. Thanks to defensive mode meaning I can't be painted with paint it black though, and auto aim being disabled, I was able to really go at them with my rolling block sniper. That thing's much better in free mode if you're defensive.

In the older days not so much - three people, someone would get close enough to auto aim, or paint you with an explosive bullet or arrow.

It really makes me want more ways to not get painted to be honest. Usually paint it black would just ruin sniping. Someone pulls out a bow with explosives, or a bolt action/Springfield with explosives - paints you, nothing you can do. Like this though, with defensive mode - the sniper just destroyed them.

areyouchappin
On 5/23/2019 at 1:10 PM, Pumpkin Zone said:

It looks like they may have somehow fixed the stubble finally, I noticed today when going to the barber a star in facial hair and behold stubble was there and purchasable. These tunable patches are actually working, suprisingly. (if thats what they are)

Yesterday, I tried the barber in Valentine right before a game of poker and the Stubble worked!

Finally... :']

MadHammerThorsteen
20 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

It really makes me want more ways to not get painted to be honest. Usually paint it black would just ruin sniping. Someone pulls out a bow with explosives, or a bolt action/Springfield with explosives - paints you, nothing you can do. Like this though, with defensive mode - the sniper just destroyed them.

PIB honestly wouldn't be so bad if it was on a cooldown. All those deadeye abilities should be on cooldowns. Especially because there are no lifers who use their money buying up tonics, and end up never running out of deadeye.

Leftover Pizza

Not a single DC due to connection loss or any Rockstar Services f*ckups at all this evening. It's been a while since I've been able to play an entire evening without having to reconnect at least once. 

QAnon

The double barrel shotgun in this game is disturbingly satisfying. 

Commander S
Posted (edited)

...huh - not sure when exactly it happened, but R* actually updated/improved certain hairstyle assets to make them hang more naturally (specifically, both variations of long plait).

That's the opposite of what happened a few times with GTAO, where R* took perfectly realistic-looking hairdos, and made them look worse...

Of course, the pendulum swings both ways, and I can't wait for the day where R* takes something that works just fine now, and screws it up for no good reason - but for now, I'm genuinely impressed that they got it right, particularly because hairdo asset quality was a bit lacking back in November (largely because it was super-obvious that most hairstyles were lifted from minor background NPCs, without being tweaked to better fit playable characters).

[edit] Turns out that the changes came with the 'end of beta' update, so I'm guessing that these are meant to be the final release versions - hope so, at least, because they do look a heck of a lot better! :p

Edited by Commander S

Assblaster

I dunno about anyone else but the sessions have been almost grief-free for me lately. It's like the griefers mostly left for other games. And when it does happen defensive mode helps me stay alive long enough to blast away. I'm happy with the game for the most part. Now just waiting for it to get even better sometime this summer...

AlienTwo

I've experienced that same thing. Mostly pretty friendly, if not a little more jumpy and less wave-prone, lobbies with minimal griefing.

WPCatfish
On 6/6/2019 at 9:16 PM, QAnon said:

The double barrel shotgun in this game is disturbingly satisfying. 

They are quite satisfying in real life too!

Norman_Greige

Probably covered elsewhere, but I was on a building the other day in Blackwater and—if I'm not mistaken—experienced an earthquake. The music went all ominous and the building shook for a few seconds. To be honest, it's the little surprises that keep showing up that make me keep logging on. I even loved when I got rammed a few times by angry wildlife, especially a bison! Fair play, feller.

I also fell in love with one of the prozzies in Valentine. She was the prettiest there, seemed to actually pose for my camera and always looked me right in the eye. Haven't seen her in a few sessions, so I keep looking for her. Little stuff like that is super cool.

The best is running into another player being cool, doing a little impromptu hunting together, sharing skins and stuff and then eventually just waving goodbye. In a harsh world, a little cool can go a long way. 

LooseCanon

I got shot by a random player and I killed him and he respawned in some trees, I hunted him down and as I lined up a head shot I went flying, I thought there was lag and he’d thrown dynamite, but no I’d been rammed by a deer 🤣

i let let him go and still got my headshot, made me laugh though.