3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Happy Hunter

Red Dead Online Praise Thread

Gallows

Team colours in games. I love how the game uses your own outfit an modifies it with colourful sash, bandana etc. Very nice.

Da Elite Ninjah

Been hunting for 2 hours and earned 150 dollar.

not bad if you ask me!

iddqdvie
33 minutes ago, Da Elite Ninjah said:

not bad if you ask me!

i had a feeling that this game has some better grinding option.  i guess the payouts are low because the money runs around on four legs 

White Shark

Rather than focus on the negatives, I've decided to come here to be more positive, and hopefully experiencing other people's positivity about this game will block out any negatives.

I love how quickly you can get online.  Plus the transition from free roam to non-free roam missions is much smoother.  Can almost feel unnoticeable at times.

I love the fact you can still hunt, skin and cook animals.  This was an important thing for the game to retain for me.

Love that you can still forage for herbs and berries, picking them and increasing your inventory.  

Was pleasantly surprised to see I can enter properties and pick up things like cigarettes and brandy etc from drawers and tables!  

When looting bodies, it was great to see me acquiring things like throwing knives.  Nice bonus.

Lasso!  I know a lot of people hate it for it's griefing abilities, but then you'll always get griefers using whatever they can to grief with.  I myself prefer it's PvE application, and the fact I can choose to simply disable an enemy without having to kill all the time.

Love the camp and the fact you can run in camp without being forced to walk.

I like how a lot of the role play features have been kept for online.  Small example, earlier I got bit by a rattlesnake and become poisoned.  I ended up hunting around for ginseng to try and cure myself haha!

It's great you can stealth kill NPCs.  The very first intro mission you did when you had to clear out the gang camp, I snuck up behind each enemy and stabbed them in the neck / back.  The final two I used throwing knives on that I had looted from the first enemies.  Great fun!

WildBrick142

Haven't done much online yet, but the Gang Hideouts are pretty fun so far. Looting everyone is not so bad when it comes to making a profit or getting my ammo back.

HockeyMike24
1 hour ago, Da Elite Ninjah said:

not bad if you ask me!

Yeah, mission payouts are higher since day 1 beta, but hunting seems to be the go to for quick and good cash still. Only unfortunate thing is you can't get gold bars from it

TheSantader25

So I had my first experience with the beta today(2 hours) and despite the sh*tty economy I gotta say matchmaking and loading times are a HUGE f*ckING STEP UP from GTA O. Absolutely Brilliant. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Madvillain

haven't played yet but be thankful you even have a BETA. 

TheMckeever

I've times out less than when GTA v came online, it's got a lot of missions to do but mostly I've been just griefing townfuls of people, freemode challenges are good as are the 4 set playlists

Jabalous

So I've been playing Online for 5 hours now and I'm truly enjoying it. It's the single-player world moved to Online with the same spontaneous player-animals and player-gangs interactions. I've got a mission from a stranger in New Austin to assassinate an Online player. I accepted the mission, but he was far away in Tall Trees. On my way there, I got attacked and killed by a grizzly bear in the woods. These unexpected events and dangers that enhance single player are found here again, which is great. I encountered some few bugs like crashing through the ground multiple times and a sudden error that crashed the game during a co-op story mission, but overall the experience has been smooth, and with short loading times which was a frustrating aspect in GTAO.  

DEADWOODZ

Spent like half an hour fishing at Owanjila WE, just taking in the views of the surrounding mountains as you would in single player...i'm waiting for the moment a player just finds me & decides to not shoot...but fish!

But then again w/ my funny looking character i wouldn't blame em if they didn't.

Jabalous
3 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Spent like half an hour fishing at Owanjila WE, just taking in the views of the surrounding mountains as you would in single player...i'm waiting for the moment a player just finds me & decides to not shoot...but fish!

But then again w/ my funny looking character i wouldn't blame em if they didn't.

They'd mistake you for a Murfree. Sure you'd not blame 'em! 

:p

?!=+_-

Some nice new clothes and hairstyles:colgate:That's all I can think of for now.

brose_sfr

it's really awesome that RDO is so utterly horrible that i have time to spend on other games. 

🐴

eyman

Alot of Interiors are open from SP including Braithwaites Manor

clinical oppression

My favorite part of SP is the biggest money maker so far in online yeehaw 

iddqdvie

perfect bear pelt :  7.50$ 

i am fine with that.

oh and being able to use auto ride in cinema mode in online!

MostWantedMVP

Loving online. I just made a new character. I'd advise to take your time with your character creation until you are happy with it.

RedDeadNedKelly

Well, as far as I’m concerned, this is now the greatest game ever made. 😳🤠

Spoiler

no6i3b.jpg

I was hoping, thought it was a pipedream, but turns out R* are just as awesome as I thought they were.

Pepperjack

If you and your friends take selfies at the same time you can basically pose as a gang.

Happy Hunter

God, the lasso is beautiful. I'm so glad they added it.

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

God, the lasso is beautiful. I'm so glad they added it.

Poison with some c*nts off radar dude. I'm loading them with hate on the feedback to reduce that trolling.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

lordbancs

They finally let us mute all other players with one button! Even GTA Online doesn't have that.

VercettiGuy

Bonnie MacFarlane.

'Nuff said.

Kemasus

Thanks RockStar for such an amazing game to roam around in.

I stumbled across a small shed someone was living in at onetime down near Tumbleweed. I heard a ticking of sorts and turned around to see a clock on the table. I looked closer and the hands on the clock were functioning....amazing detail !!

paddymcg

I'm glad the NPC enemies are not incredibly OP like they are in GTA Online (for now) it's so nice to just wipe an entire hideout with a few pops of the varmint rifle.

Towards the end of GTA Online I can remember during the doomsday heists you could headshot enemies with explosive 50 cal rounds and they would just tank it like it was nothing.

Also if you shot them anywhere but the head they would drop to the ground (usually behind cover) and take forever to get back up.

They also had near pinpoint accuracy while blind firing behind cover, that was infuriating. I'm glad to see NPCs seem to have as much bloom as we do now (again, for now).

Stormingz

If it wasn’t for the hunting and fishing I probably would’ve got bored a few days ago. Luckily, I can break up the showdown series with an hour or two of hunting or fishing, as doing constant PvP death matches always rinses a game for me.

I’d also like to add, the A.I aren’t stupid and op, makes gang hideouts actually fun, now all we need is decent rewards for clearing them.

I’m not that bummed with what Red Dead Online is at the moment, apart from a few gripes I have here and there, I think there’s a good foundation here. Yes we had more at launch with GTA Online, but think about the story we got there, compared to the story we were given here in Red Dead Redemption 2, no comparison in my opinion.

Let’s give it a few months, an update or two, and see what Red Dead Online will really start to shape up to be.

Edited by Stormingz

AlienTwo

I love the sound of the shotgun, the beautiful views, the music, the fact you can basically play singleplayer with your friends, the beautiful views, the hunting, the clothes options, and last but not least... the beautiful views.

This game is amazing.  Has some wrinkles to iron out, but who among us doesn't? Certainly not you, dear reader.  

Long Live REDRO!

R3CON

Showdown Series is quite a fun time! I haven't been winning much but the maps are refreshing and the tools available are quite useful. It's a nice, competitive challenge. I wish all the tryhards in freeroam would spend their energy here.

Payouts are still paltry but it's such good fun that you don't feel like it's a waste. Give it a few tries if you haven't done so yet. 

ytowntuneup
On 11/27/2018 at 7:15 PM, djb204 said:

It probably would be fun if was stable. Too many errors and disconnects to praise this game, for the moment anyway.

Have you had the issue of the "recovery" mission given to you by the post office clerk not loading?